Votes: 14 3.5%
  • F

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • not sure

Votes: 9 2.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BUT THE opposite will happen WITH him doing it this way.... because SO MUCH is now in the record.

It should have been all you who would NEVER vote for the death penalty raise your hands etc....

Now we have an AA woman who says one day she cannot, will not judge another person ... and then ta da after 2 days is a completely changed person... no problem putting a person to death. Then JP seems upset that the state thinks she is not a viable candidate... she is not... SOMETHING made her WANT to be on this jury. Someone talked to her OF COURSE....

She said she has no friends so I would like to see her on this jury and in Orlando and out and about. She sounded just like me, stays home, watches Westerns, does not socialize.

NOW - I am not liking how the STATE guy is coming off. He is annoying, makes faces, is sharp, he is not smart with a jury!!! What is going on with the State?

Do you see how Jose and his crew are being so sweet to the jury members? They know what they are doing right now.

That State guy is making faces like... DUHHHHH at the judge if he does not agree... and he is rude to jurors on occasion.

This is going to end up a manslaughter or accidental death if you ask me because the state is so unlikeable all of the sudden.

And Casey does not look ANYTHING like she used to. I am even getting used to her. OMG.

It is pretty obvious that Casey is not right. She never smiles or shows normal emotions. When someone says something slightly cute that you can't help but smile at just as a reflex.... Casey never does.

Maybe if I were in her shoes nothing would sound cute to me either.

The problem is that each juror had to have their answers fully on record in this high profile murder case. They could not have them raise hands in a group, because if one made it to jury panel, then there might be problems later in appeals. They need individual jurors asked questions by the judge and both sides. imoo

I agree she is a potential wild card. But she will despise Casey eventually. Even though Jose and CM are all sweet and buddy buddy to her, she will eventually be faced with the smell of the dead child in the trunk and the web of lies and the 31 days--and then she will understand just WHY the DT was so kind and sweet to her. imoo

I agree that Casey is getting her jury persona together. But the trial is 8 weeks long. The real Casey will leak through. Especially when the ugly facts start coming out. When people watch the Blockbuster video, and they realize the baby is lying dead in her car trunk, while she is buying snack and renting videos and flirting with her bf, they will turn on her, and the entire 'dreamteam.' imoo

Rated him a B, and it would have been a B minus/verge of C+.

Ynot grades tend to be inflated, as Ynot tries to see the best in everyone, judges and potential jurors alike.

It's hard to set a grade w/o standards. My standards are:

- the judge is well-versed in existing case law that may impact the case in front of him: A+

- the judge has experience in overseeing trials of great magnitude/where the DP is on the table: A+

- the judge is impartial in his treatment of SA/Defense: D

- the judge gives greater latitude to the defense and expects more from the SA due to burden-of-proof considerations: B-

Ynot grades tend to be inflated, as Ynot tries to see the best in everyone, judges and potential jurors alike.

- the judge is well-versed in existing case law that may impact the case in front of him: A+

- the judge has experience in overseeing trials of great magnitude/where the DP is on the table: A+

- the judge gives greater latitude to the defense and expects more from the SA due to burden-of-proof considerations: B-
BBM
I totally agree!

He got a D from me....for yelling at JA and coddling CM.

:steamed:

We have yet to see him during the actual trial. We have seen him getting more and more incensed with the DT and yes the SA, IMO, in the pre-trial action.

I do think CJBP is a CJ for good reason. I don't like how he's handled some parts of this <circus> but still have great faith in him. That may be misplaced faith, but IDK until the case is resolved....

I had given him an A but after today's little temper tantrum I would like to change it. My opinion of him dropped quite a bit.

Hate to say it, but my high opinion of HHJP has dropped a few notches due to what happened with the female juror who didn't want to sit in judgement of anyone a couple of days ago, but now all of a sudden thinks it won't be a problem.

S far so good with the exception of today. I will have to watch the footage, hear the arguments, etc. before I know how I feel about today.

BUT THE opposite will happen WITH him doing it this way.... because SO MUCH is now in the record.

It should have been all you who would NEVER vote for the death penalty raise your hands etc....

Now we have an AA woman who says one day she cannot, will not judge another person ... and then ta da after 2 days is a completely changed person... no problem putting a person to death. Then JP seems upset that the state thinks she is not a viable candidate... she is not... SOMETHING made her WANT to be on this jury. Someone talked to her OF COURSE....

She said she has no friends so I would like to see her on this jury and in Orlando and out and about. She sounded just like me, stays home, watches Westerns, does not socialize.

NOW - I am not liking how the STATE guy is coming off. He is annoying, makes faces, is sharp, he is not smart with a jury!!! What is going on with the State?

Do you see how Jose and his crew are being so sweet to the jury members? They know what they are doing right now.

That State guy is making faces like... DUHHHHH at the judge if he does not agree... and he is rude to jurors on occasion.

This is going to end up a manslaughter or accidental death if you ask me because the state is so unlikeable all of the sudden.

And Casey does not look ANYTHING like she used to. I am even getting used to her. OMG.

It is pretty obvious that Casey is not right. She never smiles or shows normal emotions. When someone says something slightly cute that you can't help but smile at just as a reflex.... Casey never does.

Maybe if I were in her shoes nothing would sound cute to me either.

I agree JA needs a bit of schmoozing like the defense is doing...he may be too analytical to win over the emotion-led people on the jury. I am not happy with how HHJP was with the "race" non-issue.

- B
I thought so too. Think of the things JB has been allowed to continually revisit...but JA was shut DOWN today.

I agree JA needs a bit of schmoozing like the defense is doing...he may be too analytical to win over the emotion-led people on the jury. I am not happy with how HHJP was with the "race" non-issue.

I agree somewhat. He was not trying to be all schmoozy or buddy-buddy like Cm and JB were. And that might help the defense a little bit, at first anyway.

But, imo, once the ugly evidence starts coming out, the jurors will understand why the DT is being so 'friendly.' Kind of like a crooked used car salesman acts when they want to sell you a lemon for big bucks.

I'm with you. I would have given him an "A" before this week, but especially Thursday and Friday turned the tide for me. His lack of control of the Defense Team is practically non-existent this week. He lets them go on and on, even when he tells them to make it shorter and not be repetitious, they still carry on, repeating the same questions over and over, just rewording them a bit. Time is of the essence, yet, he's letting them waste precious time.

That business with JAshton rejecting a juror and Cheney Mason interjecting that is was because the woman was black was beyond low. Then the judge got angry with JA because he was trying to explain his reasoning, and HHJP cut him down crudely. It was childish and uncalled for. I would have rejected the woman too because she changed her mind so easily. Other jurors who changed their minds did so after an explanation of the process. I don't really think the woman truly understood, she was talked into "her decision" so easily and quickly. Others who changed their minds did it after lots of explanation.

The fact that the SA didn't question her, I thought, was because they knew she was easily swayed and had no desire to waste additional time by questioning her.

If HHJP was short-tempered because he was tired and stressed, he took it out on the wrong person. He should have taken it out on Cheney M who has spent an entire week, s-l-o-w-l-y asking questions, s-l-o-w-l-y making jokes, and then repeating his s-l-o-w questions over and over. Also, Mason objected to several jurors which HHJP chose to overrule, but he did it in a polite manner. Why so angry with Ashton who was only doing his job the proper way???

I almost gave HHJP a "C" but since he's been excellent throughout all the hearings, I instead chose to give him a "B", albeit a very low "B".

ETA: I also felt he was far too lenient on the "hardship" angle. Vacations? A woman who would not work with him no matter how hard he tried because she attends Mass everyday? Come on. In my area, if someone came up with those excuses, they'd be sitting on that jury, for sure. The judge was willing to have the priest go to her everyday, still, she said "no". I'm sure God was scratching his head on that one, refusing her civic duty when given all those options. She was unwilling to even consider other options.

all I can say is....my stellar opinion of HHJP fell a bit towards earth yesterday with miss juror and the Strike That Could Not Be. I am hoping that as he has years of experience that he knows what he is doing and has a sense for PJs that I do not. I do not believe he wants the jury to hang. He must know what he is doing?

all I can say is....my stellar opinion of HHJP fell a bit towards earth yesterday with miss juror and the Strike That Could Not Be. I am hoping that as he has years of experience that he knows what he is doing and has a sense for PJs that I do not. I do not believe he wants the jury to hang. He must know what he is doing?

The bolded part - cute. Like you, I'm hoping he knows what he's doing. Does he want a hung jury? He says no, but...

c

due to the last few posts.

hopefully he was just tired, but I'm not impressed with his handling of the DT and the refused strike.

very scary.

I think he did really well today. Especially when he slammed JB for trying to "rehabilitate" a pot juror.

I didn't particularly care for the refused strike, but know he wants a jury SO bad. He's tired of this nonsense (DT especially).

Let's see what today brings :) Yes, it's 4:45 on the WC / 7:45 in Florida. Can't sleep again. What am I gonna do when the trial starts! Egads.

Anyway - morning all :)

Mel

I think he did really well today. Especially when he slammed JB for trying to "rehabilitate" a pot juror.

I didn't particularly care for the refused strike, but know he wants a jury SO bad. He's tired of this nonsense (DT especially).

Let's see what today brings :) Yes, it's 4:45 on the WC / 7:45 in Florida. Can't sleep again. What am I gonna do when the trial starts! Egads.

Anyway - morning all :)

Mel

I'm with you on the no sleeping part and the hour----it is awful early!!! But hey the birds are up!!!!!!!:seeya: Should have seen my kids faces when I told them that I would be using the computer most days here on out.....

Because I totally agree with you, I give the honorable Judge Perry a C-minus on the way he is conducting the Jury selection. I did not agree with the one on one. The Jury selection process for "Casey Anthony's" trial should have been conducted in the usual manner. Because JP's one on one process has taken up so much time, he now expects the defense and the state to accept the first 12.
~IMO~

Agreed 100%. And I gave him a C as well. It's going to be hung with this highly intelligent individual overseeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow