What have we learned in the case of the WM3?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have learned that rather than give the 3 a fair and unbiased trial the State opted to give them a get out of jail free card

I have learned, after trying to gather information from these threads about this case, that some posters are nasty & snarky to others based on others' opinions & thoughts! Facts are facts, people, but every one can have an opinion based on the facts & it should be respected. So sad . . .

That must've been some pretty selective water, then. It washed away all of the DNA from the WMFree but left DNA on Chris' shoes and left the two hairs (one most probably from TH and the other most probably from DJ) that have been tested plus some other hairs that have not been identified except that they are not from any of the WMFree.

I'm sure that you already know that the possible TH hair was tied in the shoelace, not laying on a victim's body. The possible DJ hair was on a tree stump, not in the water, correct? Several hairs found on the ligatures either could not be/were not tested, so the WMMurderers could not have been excluded as sources.

The TH hair was under the ligature, like it fell off right before the knot was tied. The DJ hair was on a tree stump of a tree on the steep bank by the discovery ditch where it could have fallen if someone were entering or exiting the discovery ditch. As to water removing any DNA evidence, recently revealed information discusses DNA found on Chris' shoe that was in the water. It excluded the WMFree. It also excludes all the victims. In fact, that DNA is of two (maybe three) unknown males. It is unclear if it was tested against TH's DNA as Bode Lab (where the testing was done) to my knowledge does not have a sample of his DNA for comparison. There has been no biological evidence found or revealed so far that links the WMFree to these murders. The same cannot be said for others who should have been considered suspects but were given a free pass by the WMPD.

I havn't learned that from the case but it just reconfirms what I already believe
-there are many wolves in sheeps clothes but there are many sheep in wolves clothes as well
-while I agree with Pensfan Money unfortunately can buy freedom ( I feel that was the case in the Jon Benet Ramsey case for example IMO) in this case it was more like Love & Truth can set you free.
-Love and understanding trumps hate and ignorance and wins in the end.

I agree money can buy freedom and not just in the U.S. as I believe Amanda Knox was able to weasel her way out of prison through a PR firm spreading downright lies, misinformation and bringing into question evidence that never should have been brought into question, IMO. Too bad so many people just bought all that without even looking into the facts... Sigh, first Anthony and then Knox... Would have made me totally feel the whole worlds justice system was screwed if it wasn't for the WM3 getting out, which I feel was justified. Even though I have had some strange alternate scenarios popping into my mind lately, which well I'm not gonna bring up till I look into it from that perspective a bit more.

ITA. Like I said previously (I think it was this thread!) I've learned to teach my 12 year old son to NOT cooperate with police .. no matter what the situation (unless of course a mere traffic stop) AND to always ask for a lawyer... Sad, but true.

Well I'd be a bit more specific than tell my kids not to cooperate with police as that would probably be the wrong thing to tell a kid without being pretty specific. As I was always told day one from my dad, always do whatever a police officer tells you, but never ever ever say one word other and "lawyer" or "parents" (when I was a minor), no matter the circumstances, period. This isn't out of a disrespect or distrust of the police (heck I even became a cop for a brief while between my two stints in the military) but no matter where you are there is always bad apples, and whatever cop your talking to might just be that one bad apple out of thousands that twists everything you say.

I have learned there are miscarriages of justice that surpass that of Casey Anthony.

I agree paige,
like when 3 teenagers get send to prison with absolutely NO PROOF to link them to the victims or the crimescene ( unless you count 3 fibers that can be found in many households)

It still amazes me that three innocent teenagers were sent to prison for over 18 years because of the incompetent (and probably unethical) actions of a police department, a corrupt judge and jury foreman, the "satanic" fear of the local populace (fueled by the local ministers, the local [and national] media and the testimony of a mail-order doctor and a juvenile officer with an agenda) and those fibers that proved nothing. I'm glad that the three innocent men are out, but I hope and pray to have them exonerated some day, hopefully soon. Too bad the WMFree didn't have CA's jury; that jury couldn't connect the dots and find a murderer guilty so they would surely have found the WMFree not guilty (as they should have) as there was much more evidence against CA than there was against the WMFree.

It still amazes me that three innocent teenagers were sent to prison for over 18 years because of the incompetent (and probably unethical) actions of a police department, a corrupt judge and jury foreman, the "satanic" fear of the local populace (fueled by the local ministers, the local [and national] media and the testimony of a mail-order doctor and a juvenile officer with an agenda) and those fibers that proved nothing. I'm glad that the three innocent men are out, but I hope and pray to have them exonerated some day, hopefully soon. Too bad the WMFree didn't have CA's jury; that jury couldn't connect the dots and find a murderer guilty so they would surely have found the WMFree not guilty (as they should have) as there was much more evidence against CA than there was against the WMFree.

Well the CA trial confirmed to me that common sense has all but died in this country.

Well the CA trial confirmed to me that common sense has all but died in this country.

I don't think that common sense has died. I think that one thing that the CA trial and the Misskelley and Baldwin/Echols trials has taught us all is just how wrong a jury can be. It has truly made me question the jury system.

Ive learned that seemingly normal women fawn over criminals and inmates like they are Elvis.
Its weird.

I've learned that there are a lot of people in this world who seem to believe that they have the right to determine with whom other people fall in love.

I think that relationship is very odd. The situation with the donations seems very suspicious. I wonder if Damien's wife had any money of her own.

Although the answer to your query is really no one's business but Lori's, since she was a successful architectural designer before she became involved with Damien, I would assume that she had some money from that endeavor.

Although the answer to your query is really no one's business but Lori's, since she was a successful architectural designer before she became involved with Damien, I would assume that she had some money from that endeavor.

So, no one really knows. I thinks it's weird that she somehow hooked up with this much younger, convicted murderer and now he is free and they are both rich and famous. She must be a pr genius.

So, no one really knows. I thinks it's weird that she somehow hooked up with this much younger, convicted murderer and now he is free and they are both rich and famous. She must be a pr genius.

I'm sure someone knows. It's just not something that is public knowledge and there's no reason it should be.

As to why Lori married Damien, I think she was just in love. The age difference isn't really that great. Lots of people have successful marriages with age differences greater than Damien and Lori. For instance, my maternal grandmother was twelve years younger than her husband. This was many years ago, and they had a happy marriage. Ten years is simply not that much any more.

Yes, but it is like she intentionally sought him out and then kicked off a massive PR campaign.

Maybe nothing we post about is anyone's business. But that's why we are here.

You think she loves him. I think they are both opportunistic. Even if he didn't even like her, why would he say so considering what she was doing for him.

Yes, but it is like she intentionally sought him out and then kicked off a massive PR campaign.

That's your opinion. I don't see it that way. It makes no sense for a successful architectural designer to leave her job to help free a man from Death Row unless she has some feeling for him.

Maybe nothing we post about is anyone's business. But that's why we are here.

Maybe speculating on peoples' personal life is why you are here. However, I am here to discuss the injustice of this case. The personal lives of the principals are none of my business.

You think she loves him. I think they are both opportunistic. Even if he didn't even like her, why would he say so considering what she was doing for him.

In the recent NY Times article ( http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/16/magazine/a-death-row-love-story.html?pagewanted=all ) they profess their love for each other. Your belief in them being opportunistic is simply your opinion. I am aware that they will have a very difficult adjustment period, but I believe that they will come through it intact. Only time will tell.

That is just your opinion and we disagree. An article in a newspaper doesn't mean it's true.

I'm not here to pry into anyone's personal life. However, I believe we are allowed to discuss the perpetrators personal life if it relates to the case.

I suppose I don't really care how she feels about him. Yet it does relate to the fact that the media circus has made a mockery of the judicial system IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back