What have we learned?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What have we learned?

SQUAT!

Sorry but MY OPINION......

just a bunch of lies and confusion...

bottom line....... WE DON'T KNOW WHERE HALEIGH IS!

My thoughts exactly. We know more about the family's background than what has happen to this child or what LE really thinks happen to her. I know that some feel the families background have nothing to do with it, but I feel it's a starting point to look into who is telling the truth. Sure, people can rehabilitate and turn a new leaf, but those are very few....I just pray this child is still alive and the media will keep her face out there. March is media madness month so hopefully we will hear more about Haleigh.

What I've Learned About this Case:

Your life is an open book if your child goes missing.

A man shouldn't have a relationship with a 17 yr old girl-woman and expect her to watch his children. A man shouldn't have a relationship with a 17 yr old girl-woman PERIOD.

Most 17 yr olds have a lot of growing up left to do.

Registering SO is rather useless because somebody always rents to them.

There are quite a few people who live on the fringes, struggling to survive.

Child welfare should get involved before they actually do.

Being a home repairman, even if you're doing your everyday job, makes you're suspect in every case.

We have learned through court docs and arrest records that every single adult in Haleigh's life created an environment...a perfect storm that ended in Haleigh missing.

Agree with that. People say alot of things that don't really mean anything or have any wieght behind them, but if you child goes missing, everything you have ever said gets dissected.

But as far as the actual case goes, not much evidence or many leads have been released. Alot of has been hush-hush.

I have learned that, if you have children, you should
#5-We should send major $$ to the people responsible for microchipping dogs, in the hopes they can come up with a microchip that has GPS locator included-then chip the kids

As you can see by my avator, I have a dog and I know that there is a GPS locator for dogs on the market that allows you to track your dog to within 500ft. - it's not a microchip -you put it on the dog's collar. My dog has gotten out of my fence a couple of times and I have considered buying it, but the price is a little high for me to afford - about $300-400 I think, but coming down in price.

I am pretty sure that they make a GPS locator for kids that you put on them like a watch, but I'm not sure of the cost. An episode of "Without a Trace" featured a child that was prone to getting lost whose parents had one for him. I think a GPS locator for kids is a good idea, but it would have to be a reasonable size to not be obviously detectable as a GPS device. For example, if it looked like a regular bracelet or necklace or watch, it may not be so obvious that is what it is (and therefore, not as obvious to an abductor).

That's a really good idea, jcamille! Maybe they could make it where it's easily removable and you can stick it to things that the child wears, or something like that, so it's not easily detectable by anyone.
Armchairgumshu

One thing that I've learned is that you keep your online business anonymous.

Zip it up tight... Keep your MS and Facebook stuff private..

I joke with my wife occasionally that I'm gonna make absurd google searches... just weird random things that will keep people guessing in the case that I ever go missing. Lol... She wasn't too happy about that as it would mean that people would be looking to her... I just said "At least that will get on the news so that someone might find me".

Of course, I'm kidding about that... I wouldn't do that.

I joke with my wife occasionally that I'm gonna make absurd google searches... just weird random things that will keep people guessing in the case that I ever go missing. Lol... She wasn't too happy about that as it would mean that people would be looking to her... I just said "At least that will get on the news so that someone might find me".

I think that is hilarious...I tell my family crazy things like that. We give each other prank gifts every holiday so God only knows what investigators are going to think when they find the prank gift stash. I told my family they better be prepared to explain what's in my closet...:)

I think that is hilarious...I tell my family crazy things like that. We give each other prank gifts every holiday so God only knows what investigators are going to think when they find the prank gift stash. I told my family they better be prepared to explain what's in my closet...:)

Rofl... awesome!

A man shouldn't have a relationship with a 17 yr old girl-woman and expect her to watch his children. A man shouldn't have a relationship with a 17 yr old girl-woman PERIOD.

Most 17 yr olds have a lot of growing up left to do.

Registering SO is rather useless because somebody always rents to them.

There are quite a few people who live on the fringes, struggling to survive.

Child welfare should get involved before they actually do.

Being a home repairman, even if you're doing your everyday job, makes you're suspect in every case.

There we go...

Stick around WS long enough...you will have those absurd google searches on your computer anyway! During various cases, we have researched everything from how long it takes for blood to actually freeze with alcohol in it to God only knows what else. We have often joked about our computers having to undergo forensic testing and what they would find! LOL

The bracelet would have to have a special tool or key that the parents use to remove it because if it didn't a pervert could also remove it. Of course a pervert could always cut it off.
http://www.projectlifesaver.org/site/ (Look under the subtitle of How It Works) The one they use looks more like the band used in hospitals. Not easy to remove, but it does appear it could be cut off easily. They should revamp it, imo.

It's hard to believe that there is no trace of this little girl anywhere. Did the dogs find anything at all yesterday or today? I would think that they could have started one from Haleigh's bedroom to see where it would go. She must have some dirty clothes that they could have the dogs sniff so they could follow the scent. At least one of the dogs from yesterday and today should have picked up a trail even if it just led to where someone put her in a vehicle. Haleigh has to be somewhere!

I wonder if Misty was at home that night or not? I wonder what LE thinks by now about her being at home or gone? If she left for a while I wish she would tell LE if she hasn't already. It will make a difference if she was there or not.
If she was with a few other people did someone in that group leave before Misty and not come back? It could be just a simple as that. I wonder how many people have said that she wasn't at the mobile? I hope she had more sense then to leave a 4 and 5 yr old at home alone. If she did leave them alone I'll bet she can hardly stand the guilt she is feeling. It doesn't seem like she could keep holding out if she is lying to LE. She young and it seems that she would have broken by now. Wish we would hear from LE one way or the other.

As for the KFN, I spoke with TN yesterday, and I saw the poster with KFN logo on the bottom. I asked her how involved this organization was and she told me they approached them intially, the day GA with trailer in tow and MEDIA/DM, and assured me other families of missing children had called her from other places in Florida, and warned her of them. She can not speak for the bio-mom's camp if there is any involvement, but she does not think so, and I was not about to go into details and left it at that.

Thank you for letting us know about KFN. I'm glad that other families stepped up to let Haleigh's family know their backgrounds.
That's only fair.
In this case though with all the criminal histories, they have a lot in common and will most likely fit right in.

I've learned that no matter how many LDT's le gives in a missing case the truth is sometimes out of reach.

~

Now days kids aren't taken from their family just because the parents smoke a little dope or use heavier drugs now and then. CPS is all about keeping the family together. If kids were taken because mom and/or dad smoke pot now and then half of America would lose their children. I'm not a druggie but I know that this is the way it is.

I think while Geraldo was so busy getting the goods on Ron from Crystal he should have had someone else getting the goods on her. His interview was so one sided it was pitiful. He took every word that she said as pure truth or seemed to anyway. Geraldo does everything for ratings and it really irks me.

I think it is unfair to bring the entire family in on this abduction. If they all have rap sheets as long as their legs it really doesn't have anything to do with the main players. How would we like to be judged by some of our relatives. Most people have relatives that they aren't to proud of but it doesn't mean that the people themselves are bad people. If I had an uncle who committed murder it wouldn't have anything to do with me....I don't have one but just for an example. I probably wouldn't claim an uncle like that.
The relatives don't have anything to do with the person that Ron is now or even Crystal for that matter...or Misty.

I think that LE knows every little detail of Ron's life and if he does dope now or not. That is a small area and everyone no doubt knows everything about everyone. We really need to focus on where that little girl is and who has her.

We can agree to disagree. If I choose to have my children around people whom have no respect for the law, then I am 100% at fault and responsible for that. I have relatives that I am not proud of sure! Now ask me if I choose to allow my children to be around them...NO, I choose not to. My mother in law once dated a man who was charged with incest..It was my choice, and I pissed several people off, but you know what? No way in hell was my children going to be allowed around that situation. Had something of happened to one of my children because of the choice I made, I would be responsible.
For example: Would I allow my children to ride in a car with someone who continuously gets pulled over for seat belt violations, running red lights, stop signs? No! Sure wouldn't!
Would I allow my children around people with rap sheets so long on drugs that at any point in time, the cops could bust in and do a raid? NO! I personally think that parents must be judged at times on the choices they make.
I could care less if I am judged because of my family. You could pick my family apart with a fine tooth comb, but I guarantee that If I know that any member of my family holds that much disrespect for the law, you will find that my choices were to keep my children away from it completely.

It seems we have reached a dead end in this case but that the family is still somewhat under suspicion. I wonder if they have been watching cell phone activity of Ronald, Misty, Crystal etc. it seems if there was a kidnapping the kidnapper would be making contact for ranson somehow??

Any thoughts??

I have learned that if I wake up one day and decide to start doing and or selling drugs, I am going to move to Putnam County, where I too can have multiple charges followed by the word dropped...:Banane44:

I have learned to appreciate my own family more during this case and the wise choices they have made during their lifetimes. "Pretty is as pretty does.", my grandmother used to say.

I have learned that if I wake up one day and decide to start doing and or selling drugs, I am going to move to Putnam County, where I too can have multiple charges followed by the word dropped...:Banane44:

lol.. nice.

Stick around WS long enough...you will have those absurd google searches on your computer anyway! During various cases, we have researched everything from how long it takes for blood to actually freeze with alcohol in it to God only knows what else. We have often joked about our computers having to undergo forensic testing and what they would find! LOL

LMAO! Yes... I'm sure you're right on that.

Just wanna chime in real quick and reinforce that this thread is an opinion thread asking for what you have learned, personally. It's not so much about the case so much as it is about what you have taken in internally and how it has affected your thoughts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Macogle
Back