What is Misty hiding, IF anything?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What is Misty Hiding?

• Total voters
Quick question....During all of Misty's interviews, wouldn't her mother have to be present since Misty is a minor?

Frankly, I cannot place Ron as being involved with this....only by association so far. As far as Misty though, the red flags are waving. I think she is a lot tougher than people give her credit for.

I really don't find it doubtful that someone would walk in through the front door especially if they knew Misty was not at home. Misty could have very well had a habit of leaving those children alone after they went to sleep and any one with half a brain could figure it out and how long she would leave for. Or the front door was used because she had visitors that night. There has been way to much info on the back door given from Misty. When people lie they have a tendency to carry on more then they really need to same would go for the blankets imo..Look at KC she just carried on like it was the absolute truth. It be mo that Misty was not home and staged the entire back door scene after finding Haleigh missing.

Quick question....During all of Misty's interviews, wouldn't her mother have to be present since Misty is a minor?

I asked this question very very early on in the investigation. Then again when Misty's mother made that impromptu appearance the day Misty went to get her marriage license. The mother said that Misty had already been asking her for permission to wed Ronald and she had told her no, but then because of the circumstances, she agreed to the marriage and signed the papers. I wondered about why she suddenly thought it okay for her 17 year old daughter to get married. If I must I could find a link to that short interview out in front of the courthouse that day, lol....I know I might be asked for a link in order for the info above to stay in the thread. But, I can find a link if I must..:)

As far as Misty's mom being present for LE questioning, I really wondered about that as well, I don't think we know for certain if her mom or another of age adult was there. Misty would probably just agree to the questioning, if however Misty at any point asked for her mom or dad to be present, because she is (was) a minor LE would have to oblige her. Course that is how it is here in Alabama.....Florida could be different...my oldest is now 18, but when she was16 (almost 17) with a group of girls that were involved in some unruly behavior one night, she refused to talk with an officer until her mom and dad got there and that was the end of it. The officer waited for us. Not saying that kids should try to avoid responsibility that way but it is good for kids that age to know they can ask for their parents before being questioned.

I remember that day too, Elle,....but I am told I can't respond w/o the facts. I know what her mother said but don't have the video on hand at the moment to be able to tell you.

One of the facts we know is that Misty and Ron are married. They married at a very strange time in their lives. Approximately a month after Ron's daughter vanished. We know that Misty's mother gave her approval after previously not wanting her daughter to marry. We can only imagine why she did so at this time. We can also only wonder and imagine why RC would go through with this. We were told by them..."It was for Haleigh". Misy says, "It's what Haleigh wanted."

Barely 17 yrs old and getting permission to marry a 25 yr old man with two and he admits to possibly three children. Her mother sure gave her a lot of responsibilty for being so young.

Frankly, I cannot place Ron as being involved with this....only by association so far. As far as Misty though, the red flags are waving. I think she is a lot tougher than people give her credit for.
ITA!! IIRC... Didn't MC say, "Nobody's gonna break me?!" On her MY Space page a couple months ago.

I asked this question very very early on in the investigation. Then again when Misty's mother made that impromptu appearance the day Misty went to get her marriage license. The mother said that Misty had already been asking her for permission to wed Ronald and she had told her no, but then because of the circumstances, she agreed to the marriage and signed the papers. I wondered about why she suddenly thought it okay for her 17 year old daughter to get married. If I must I could find a link to that short interview out in front of the courthouse that day, lol....I know I might be asked for a link in order for the info above to stay in the thread. But, I can find a link if I must..:)

You don't have to because here it is :)

YouTube - Misty Croslin's youthful giddiness outside County Courts

One of the facts we know is that Misty and Ron are married. They married at a very strange time in their lives. Approximately a month after Ron's daughter vanished. We know that Misty's mother gave her approval after previously not wanting her daughter to marry. We can only imagine why she did so at this time. We can also only wonder and imagine why RC would go through with this. We were told by them..."It was for Haleigh". Misy says, "It's what Haleigh wanted."

Barely 17 yrs old and getting permission to marry a 25 yr old man with two and he admits to possibly three children. Her mother sure gave her a lot of responsibilty for being so young.
BBM
Yes Whisperer, What could be more stranger than getting married while a search is going on for RC's missing child. JUST PATHETIC!! IMVHO

ITA!! IIRC... Didn't MC say, "Nobody's gonna break me?!" On her MY Space page a couple months ago.

Not exactly.

Misty had a pre-made comment from "MyHotComments" on her page (she did not type those words out herself). That comment was included as part of the pre-made sticker type thing that was on Misty's page. We don't know if that was on her page prior to HaLeigh's disappearance or not, either.

Those pre-made comments are available on many sites for teenagers (or anyone) to use on their myspace pages. They are very popular. If you look around the site, you'll see there are tons to choose from:
http://www.myhotcomments.com/

Both R & M start out there plea for help with:

1.Misty says, "Hi, I just woke up and...."
2.RC say, "I was at work and came home and...."

This occurred during 911 calls and follow-up. I would think when your child is missing, one doesn't start out explaining what you were doing first. The first thing you would do is plea for help and state, "My child is missing"....you also wouldn't hang up on the dispatcher..x2

One of these two are covering for the other.
ITA
It's as though they're creating their alibi. I thought about this very long, and hard the other night, and when I had to call 911 when my house was filled with smoke, I went right into the call with what was going on, not HI. :furious:

Not exactly.

Misty had a pre-made comment from "MyHotComments" on her page (she did not type those words out herself). That comment was included as part of the pre-made sticker type thing that was on Misty's page. We don't know if that was on her page prior to HaLeigh's disappearance or not, either.

Those pre-made comments are available on many sites for teenagers (or anyone) to use on their myspace pages. They are very popular. If you look around the site, you'll see there are tons to choose from:
http://www.myhotcomments.com/
TY for clarifying that. Then she must have been thinking it to put pre-made sticker on there.

What is Misty hiding? Facts, imo.

I am still astonished at how glibly Misty claimed Haleigh as her daughter in the 911 call-- everything became suspect after that big fat falsehood. Good grief, did she think that would just go unnoticed? No, of course not-- she wasn't thinking, she was consumed by the retelling of a fabricated story. jmo

Smooth as a cobbled road :bang:

Originally Posted by crwofter1
ITA!! IIRC... Didn't MC say, "Nobody's gonna break me?!" On her MY Space page a couple months ago
<<Not exactly. Misty had a pre-made comment from "MyHotComments" on her page (she did not type those words out herself). That comment was included as part of the pre-made sticker type thing that was on Misty's page. We don't know if that was on her page prior to HaLeigh's disappearance or not, either.

http://www.myhotcomments.com/>>

Thank you for that link....very helpful! I looked around that site and from all the hundreds to choose from, Misty comes up with "Nobody's gonna break me" as her banner on my space?..not too many ways to interpret that one.

Did she find it under the catagory "If arrested?"

I have no buttons to edit my last post. I have reloaded to no avail.

ITA!! IIRC... Didn't MC say, "Nobody's gonna break me?!" On her MY Space page a couple months ago
<<Not exactly. Misty had a pre-made comment from "MyHotComments" on her page (she did not type those words out herself). That comment was included as part of the pre-made sticker type thing that was on Misty's page. We don't know if that was on her page prior to HaLeigh's disappearance or not, either.

Thank you for that link....very helpful! I looked around that site and from all the hundreds to choose from, Misty comes up with "Nobody's gonna break me" as her banner on my space?..not too many ways to interpret that one.

BBM
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Anyway, I would like to say that if Misty added the banner to her site with the words, "They'll never break me"...isn't it the same implication as if she typed it herself. She copied and accepted the saying as her own in her own personal space. It must have meaning to her.

That is an interesting choice from such a huge variety, but it does sort of follow the "Only God Can Judge Me" theme. Lots of emphasis on a powerful "me" , imo.

We may not know when Misty added such a comment, but I would expect that the My Space Admin does. IIRC, LE was very interested in Casey A's networking site activity, I guess this is a routine part of an investigation, now. Probably LE knows when comments like this are added and/or removed.

Anyway, I would like to say that if Misty added the banner to her site with the words, "They'll never break me"...isn't it the same implication as if she typed it herself. She copied and accepted the saying as her own in her own personal space. It must have meaning to her.
That's what I was thinking. I think people pick those banners to either state what's on their mind, or feeling. Why else put it on your own personal page??:waitasec: Probably because that's how she must have felt. Makes sense to me:crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16
Back