What Is the Defense Strategy?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With everyone the DT and the A family have tried to throw under the bus it would not surprise me if all that 'investigative money" is being used to find any Col. Plumbs or Miss Scarletts in the Orlando area.

Are there any candlesticks missing in the A home?

All kidding aside ....

How the DT has not begged for a plea deal when their best defense has now become the fact that their compulsive lying client lied about lying is beyond me.:banghead:

What new motion in limine? Could you provide a link????

This motion was posted in Today's News - No Discussion

Defense's Response to State's Motion in Limine (Looks like they are still trying to get in whatever ICA told teh psychiatrists)

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27597438/detail.html

Defendent's Notice of Supplemental Discovery

Wftv has the new response to the MIL - to me it looks like HHJP will have to deny this one also, don't you think?

I think you are right on. Just imagine in JB's opening statement right out of his mouth....."If your child accidentally drowned in a pool, what would you do?....that's right, you would call 911. But what if you had been abused all of your life by a dominatrix mother and a hot tempered father. What if you were so petrified.....you snapped mentally."

What do you have then folks? You have JB circumventing the SAO right out of the gate. You have an explanation for the lies (which the State's case is built on) and you have put it out there for the jury that it was an accident. Reasonable doubt.
But then how does the State rebut that "theory" of defense? They have to show it was premeditated by chloroform searches, duct tape, etc.
It's gonna be close. Let's hope the State has all their bases covered. I personally think they do....but I also know how unpredictable juries can be.

BBM

By playing the first phone call home where she snaps at her mother, tells her she doesn't want to talk to her, and then tells her crying friend that calling them was a waste, a huge waste. Also the jailhouse video where she is seen shaking her fists and yelling at her crying mother and clingy father. No way will she pass as a poor, abused little girl who was frightened of her parents. Ooooh! The bank statements where she stole large sums of money from her parents would be good, too. jmo

Lee was out of town I believe working. Doesn't work.

George is the fall guy.

As far as her shedding tears when she saw Cindy, that is KC missing the comfort of her mother - and that means it is about KC still, right? She doesn't think that far ahead or care that far ahead - she doesn't care if she has to bring George down - in her mind, he already brought her down at the Grand Jury and as for Lee, we saw her reaction in the courtroom when he said "maybe" meaning he might have shared what she told him with LE. She looked disgusted and gestered with her hand as if to say "see what I have to work with".

I'm kind of guessing she was missing a time in her life when she could tell huge whoppers and her mother believed her, so she got away with it again and again.

It is the defense response.... filed yesterday

Oh, okay, I thought you meant CM had filed a new motion in limine. Okay, so let's look at the viability of the DT's opposition to the SA's MIL to exclude any mention of the alleged "bombshell events" described to the doctors. At the hearing JP questioned JB if this evidence was relevant to a defense theory and JB responded that it was relevant only to the issue of consciousness of guilt. So now they have changed tactics and CM is now claiming it's relevant to the "theory of the defense". Consciousness of guilt evidence is not a "theory of defense". So what are possible "defense theories"? General denial -I didn't do it. SODDI. Accident. Alibi for time of crime. Self-defense. Any I missed? Doesn't matter. I take the SA at its word that the "events" described were remote in time to Caylee's disappearance and death. So it ain't gonna fly.

With everyone the DT and the A family have tried to throw under the bus it would not surprise me if all that 'investigative money" is being used to find any Col. Plumbs or Miss Scarletts in the Orlando area.

Are there any candlesticks missing in the A home?

All kidding aside ....

How the DT has not begged for a plea deal when their best defense has now become the fact that their compulsive lying client lied about lying is beyond me.:banghead:

Thank you very much! I just spit my coffee all over my keyboard!

I'm kind of guessing she was missing a time in her life when she could tell huge whoppers and her mother believed her, so she got away with it again and again.

But it does not stop. Cindy gets on the stand and out and out lies about the dryer sheets.

And Baez and Cheney go along with this and it makes them all look so inept. I don't understant the defense's reasoning with this. Also with George lying about Melich and your never gonna see her again.

Linda got up and shot that down immediately. So much so George said well I can't remember exactly.

So what the defense is doing is showing anyone who is listening that they are willing to lie and have their witnesses lie about whatever they can get in there. It is very very damaging to them, I believe.

I'm thinking, since this Friday is Good Friday and the courts will be closed, do you suppose HHJP will issue his decisions regarding the Frye hearing on Thursday?

Oh, okay, I thought you meant CM had filed a new motion in limine. Okay, so let's look at the viability of the DT's opposition to the SA's MIL to exclude any mention of the alleged "bombshell events" described to the doctors. At the hearing JP questioned JB if this evidence was relevant to a defense theory and JB responded that it was relevant only to the issue of consciousness of guilt. So now they have changed tactics and CM is now claiming it's relevant to the "theory of the defense". Consciousness of guilt evidence is not a "theory of defense". So what are possible "defense theories"? General denial -I didn't do it. SODDI. Accident. Alibi for time of crime. Self-defense. Any I missed? Doesn't matter. I take the SA at its word that the "events" described were remote in time to Caylee's disappearance and death. So it ain't gonna fly.

BBM

Thanks! That's what I was asking earlier. I was thinking they were trying very hard to sneak this in. How could these "events" be allowed in, but not anything else the MHE's said or were told.

I agree with Logicalgirl - Judge Perry needs to deny this motion! :denied:

But it does not stop. Cindy gets on the stand and out and out lies about the dryer sheets.

And Baez and Cheney go along with this and it makes them all look so inept. I don't understant the defense's reasoning with this. Also with George lying about Melich and your never gonna see her again.

Linda got up and shot that down immediately. So much so George said well I can't remember exactly.

So what the defense is doing is showing anyone who is listening that they are willing to lie and have their witnesses lie about whatever they can get in there. It is very very damaging to them, I believe.

I think that even if the Jury has never heard of the A's they will very quickly hear about their pattern of lies, ICA, and all of them. Goes to show consciousness of her guilt - ALL of them.

I think you are right on. Just imagine in JB's opening statement right out of his mouth....."If your child accidentally drowned in a pool, what would you do?....that's right, you would call 911. But what if you had been abused all of your life by a dominatrix mother and a hot tempered father. What if you were so petrified.....you snapped mentally."

What do you have then folks? You have JB circumventing the SAO right out of the gate. You have an explanation for the lies (which the State's case is built on) and you have put it out there for the jury that it was an accident. Reasonable doubt.
But then how does the State rebut that "theory" of defense? They have to show it was premeditated by chloroform searches, duct tape, etc.
It's gonna be close. Let's hope the State has all their bases covered. I personally think they do....but I also know how unpredictable juries can be.

JB wouldn't be allowed to state that Caylee died in an accident in the pool unless either KC was definitely going to testify to that or absent KC's testimony there was independent evidence of that happening. No one has provided statements or depo testimony about any accident in the pool. I don't think the alleged pool ladder being moved is enough to suggest there was an accident. I also doubt highly that KC is going to testify. So what else is out there that could be used to indicate a pool drowning???

They'll have to say Casey knew something had happened to Caylee to explain the 'ugly coping' 'disassociation' , otherwise none of it works. I think there are a couple of options.....they go back to 'zanny', and say that zanny was the palatable story Casey told herself to pretend to herself that 'Caylee is fine, she's with the nanny' etc...and say either George did it and Casey knew, or SODDI (Jessie Grund, Fusian druglord, anyone with a pulse) and Casey witnessed it, or divert into the 'accident in the pool story'.

Caylee dies not by the hand of Casey, Casey loses her mind, sooths herself with the Zanny story, drives around with the body in the trunk in a crazed state and dumps it in that state, then drifts off into a haze of partying and disassociation, LE catch up with her....she tells them the story she's been telling herself and they stick her with Murder 1 without looking further and miss the true story because they took her madness for lies. Now everyone can't back down because there's too much at stake politically.

Okay not fair Mrs. Norris, you're obviously involved in writing murder mysteries - all this is just rolling off your keys 'way too easy!:floorlaugh:

JB wouldn't be allowed to state that Caylee died in an accident in the pool unless either KC was definitely going to testify to that or absent KC's testimony there was independent evidence of that happening. No one has provided statements or depo testimony about any accident in the pool. I don't think the alleged pool ladder being moved is enough to suggest there was an accident. I also doubt highly that KC is going to testify. So what else is out there that could be used to indicate a pool drowning???

IMOO....the pool ladder testimony which has probably been honed by GA and CA (please don't make me go back and read all of their depositions...however I do know it was talked about in statements to LEO)....the allusion by JB and experts that a wet bathing suit could cause chloroform to be present. I think JB could do a "what if" scenario in his opening supported by just that. I am in no way saying I believe this....I'm just saying there is not much else to grasp onto here for this DT.

Yes he can s ay that SoCal. He can say whatever he wants to say. There is no definitive cause of death. And KC does not have to testify - that is her right.

The DT are going with the CA defense strategy. CA has said almost from day 31 that a liar does not a murderer make. :floorlaugh:

The DT are going to concede that ICA lies and lies and lies but she is not a murderer, not the murderer. :waitasec: That was someone close to ICA and she was just trying to protect them. :innocent: Who? Anyone and everyone who had access to Caylee, the car and the house.

The accused was MOTY and loved Caylee.

Only if the suit was in a chlorinated pool. The A's did not use chlorine in their pool, they used a bio-degradable purifier. And there was no bathing suit with Caylee's remains. A diaper, t-shirt and a pair of shorts that may or may not have been on her. jmo

Now,I think they are going to blame the sexual abuse on Lee! They might even say he took the baby.

Or, they can say KC left Caylee in GA's hands on the 16th. She thought the baby was safe with Grandpa, so she partied.

Only later did she discover that Caylee was missing when she talked to CA.

Ok, I get it now - both male family members molested her, but she was deathly afraid of Lee.

Remember the tears she shed when she saw CA? I think she was thinking about the terrible thing she was getting ready to put her mother through (blaming her son and husband). No, let me rephrase that: KC was thinking that the jury would be remembering the crocodile tears she shed when she saw CA and that the jury would think she must have been thinking about the terrible thing...

But, it must be Lee and not GA because she already knows Mommy hates Daddy, right? We already saw how 'frushtrated' KC was at Lee during the hearing where Lee admitted he was going to share info she gave to him with the big, bad police department.

Let me ask this though: Without KC testifying, how can they change the whole story KC gave initially? I mean, JB can't get up there and say, "here's the real story," without somehow having KC speak. Is that allowed?? Please tell me it is not!

bbm
Problem with that version of her story is that Cindy spoke with her by phone
many times and asked if she could please speak to Caylee. And she told Cindy she was with Zanny.

Yes he can s ay that SoCal. He can say whatever he wants to say. There is no definitive cause of death. And KC does not have to testify - that is her right.

No, he cannot say whatever he wants. As an officer of the court, he can only say things that he knows are going to be supported by evidence introduced at trial or reasonable inferences that can be drawn from evidence introduced at trial (reasonable being the operative word here). If he knows there will be no evidence introduced on that issue he cannot say it. And if the SA's motion in limine to exclude any mention of these "events" is granted--he cannot mention it--not without a mistrial if it really is that prejudicial; and all other sorts of sanctions going his way. Another poster mentioned the "caylee wet bathing suit chloroform" theory--however, that wasn't introduced at the hearing and it cannot be introduced at trial either--JP specifically asked if there had been any evidence or depo testimony on this and AF stated no--at which point JP shut her down.

I just re-read the SA's MIL and there are two telling statements in it. Point #3 made by the SA is to the effect that the alleged "events" aren't relevant to any "legal defense" raised by the charges contained in the indictment. That is consistent with JB's statement at the hearing that the events were not relevant to a theory of the defense. More significant, is that the SA further states essentially that only KC could testify to these events--not sure how I missed that before. That means, whatever it is, there were no other witnesses to it. So it couldn't be the sexual abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowskullsearch33