What Is the Defense Strategy?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. But what can they say other than ' Did you plant the body in the trunk?'

Did you molest your daughter or granddaughter?

Once the state is forced to ask questions like that then the Defense wins major points, imo.

And it blurs all of the lines between the prosecution and Casey's family. Suddenly the state is defending her parents, which sets things in different perspectives entirely.

The defense does not have to prove anyone else killed the baby, just that someone else COULD HAVE.

And all of the evidence that points to Casey, the trunk, the burial site, the masking tape, the baby blanket, the last day the baby was seen, all of it could have been accessed by George as well. So it could very well set up a reasonable doubt scenario, imo.

Can't the SA just ask George - "Did you kill Caylee?" "Are you responsible for her death?" "Did you use your duct tape to cover her nose and mouth?" "Did you use the cloth bag and two green garbage bags to bag your granddaughter and throw her off of Suburban drive like a piece of garbage?"

If not, why not?

In several of the Dominic emails to Luke the psychic.... Dominic supports the theory that George did it.....

And Lee (they thought he hid Caylee's body in his storage unit)... and Amy... and Tony... and Ricardo... and Zanny... and Tony's next door neighbor... and Roy Kronk... I could go on and on and on about all the suspects they had in Caylee's disappearance/murder. It was a big mess!

But... if DC was given immunity, which some of us suspect... I believe he will have no other choice but to tell the truth about everything. And maybe it will turn out to be nothing, but I find it rather suspicious that they waited so long to depose DC (so close to trial)... something is up! Hopefully I am not getting my hopes up too high. I just think there is so much more to what happened and why DC was out in those woods searching.

Good thought! This is JB's ambush we all know he wants. I just don't know if they are allowed to go into an area not covered in the depo. Need to ask AZ.

The Defense motion to add Patricia Young says she was recently deposed (Notice filed March 25, 2011). I believe the George shoving battery incident must have been discussed in Patricia's deposition, because the Defense Motion says that she went from a "possible" defense witness, to a "necessary" defense witness. Combine that with Sharon Cadieux being added at the same time .... must be because of the battery incident which was most likely discussed in the deposition of Patricia Young.

They have GA under oath admitting that he would do pretty much anything, sell his soul to protect his daughter. All they need to do is ask that question again, UNDER THREAT OF PERJURY. At that point the jury will recognize GA as the guilt ridden father willing to sacrifice himself to save his daughter from jail, and will discount pretty much anything that nudges towards him. as I said above, juries are not typically stupid. They tend to see things for what they are. The key thing is the defense does not have to raise "any doubt" or "possible doubt". The state doesn't have to prove "guilt beyond a shadow of a doubt". The standard is "reasonable doubt". Reasonable is the key word there.

I do not think he is going to sacrifice himself. I think the defense is going to blindside him on the stand and make him look guilty because he will be so shocked and angry.

I've wanted to post this forever but was nervous it could somehow help the defense. I think the only chance the DT has will be the PTSD began from sexual abuse as a child and an overbearing abusive and controlling mother like CA. Then they throw in that she had been raped and that is how Caylee was conceived. This will explain her changing the story about baby daddy and her hiding her pregnancy. It was all these horrible events happening to poor victim KC who tried her best to be a good mother all the while so traumatized by her torturous life. She made up the nanny as an excuse to be away from CA and GA, her stealing was a result of her being impulsive and overspending due to PTSD. She lied to everyone about her life because she hated her life so badly and pretended to be someone she wasn't. When she was neglectful the day Caylee died by drowning in the pool (ladder and different spots the dogs hit on will help this story) she panicked and staged the kidnapping. She dressed Caylee (diaper was a new one) and put the duct tape over her mouth and then placed the heart sticker because she loved her so much. Clearly a pretty young mother that took lots of pictures with her beautiful little girl couldn't kill her on purpose. Then she wrapped up the baby and dumped her days later. Of course she kept the baby in the trunk because part of her couldn't be away from Caylee but once the smell became overwhelming she had to put her to rest somewhere. She was in denial and is just so messed up that she convinced herself the nanny was real and caylee was safe with her. The tattoo was in remembrance of caylee. Since before she had Caylee she's been living in a made up world and even now still believes this story even though she now knows what really happened. If they go this route then they don't have to dispute any of the evidence and I think it can explain all of it away. If she's on meds and seeing a therapist now they can say that she had a breakthrough and all of this has come out. If they can stick to this, then they may have a prayer. People don't want to believe that someone that looks like KC could kill a baby that is so gorgeous in cold blood. There's no reasonable explanation for a mother to murder her child and most people want to know why. If it's a cover up for an accident that is much easier to swallow. I don't believe for a second any of this is how it happened for the record. Sorry for the lengthy post.

I do not think he is going to sacrifice himself. I think the defense is going to blindside him on the stand and make him look guilty because he will be so shocked and angry.

And George is not quietly shocked and angry. If George suspects Jose is making him the SODDI I think George will turn on ICA in a heartbeat and say many many things about her.

George is only brave and a martyr when it doesn't count and he isn't tested on it. No way would this go quietly - he would blow skyhigh - IMO.

The Defense motion to add Patricia Young says she was recently deposed (Notice filed March 25, 2011). I believe the George shoving battery incident must have been discussed in Patricia's deposition, because the Defense Motion says that she went from a "possible" defense witness, to a "necessary" defense witness. Combine that with Sharon Cadieux being added at the same time .... must be because of the battery incident which was most likely discussed in the deposition of Patricia Young.

Yep, they're trying to paint George as the bad guy. That's the only reason I can think of that would make them want to use these two peoples' testimonies. But now the question is how bad are they going to try to paint him? Physical abuse, sexual abuse or will they say Casey lived with his short fuze so long that she feared these things could also happen to her ~ and that was enough to cause her to develop PTSD?

The Defense adding witnesses who were involved in a shoving incident with George, can only be to bring in evidence of George's violent temper .... it would not be evidence of Caylee dying in any kind of accident .... there is only one reason for those two particular witnesses being added ... along with state of mind psychologists, in the Casey is NOT GUILTY phase of the trial. IMO

Just to be clear. As far as I am concerned, the duct tape makes the scenario in my previous post an impossibility.

I think KC preplanned and deliberately killed Caylee.

And George is not quietly shocked and angry. If George suspects Jose is making him the SODDI I think George will turn on ICA in a heartbeat and say many many things about her.

George is only brave and a martyr when it doesn't count and he isn't tested on it. No way would this go quietly - he would blow skyhigh - IMO.

I agree. That would prove to George and Cindy that Casey really is guilty. If it was an accident which is what I think they must be telling themselves she wouldn't need to do this.

BBM - But would anyone even believe him if he did come to a point where he has to tell the truth to protect himself? Same for Cindy? They have destroyed their credibility to the point where no one is going to believe anything that comes out of their mouth and I think the defense is going to use this to their advantage.

Her lies such as working at US were made up to protect GA? I think the jury will be furious. If the only evidence the DT has is Casey's word they're in trouble.

No, they will spin it big time. The lies about Universal were not to protect George, they were a symptom of her PTSD, which can be BLAMED on George.

And they won't take Casey's word. They will take the 'expert' opinions of doctors who work with victims of PTSD.

The defense never has to come right out and say 'George killed Caylee' or 'KC was abused' or anything definite. They'll ask oblique questions, insinuate, leave the idea open, use innuendo, and plant seeds. Enough seeds and jurors will be left with a garden of doubt.

ie...

Dr Weitz...Are these symptoms CONSISTANT with abuse victims?

Dr Jan G Is it true that you could not rule out, FOR EXAMPLE, drowning as cause of death?

Sharon...Would you tell the court about the VIOLENT, ANGRY outburst you witnessed from GA.

It is easy to answer a direct accusation. Yes, I did or No, I did not.

But how do you fight against subtle implied almost statements.

Some jurors will not hear the 'almost, maybe, could have' part of these questions. They will fixate on the IDEA!

Can't the SA just ask George - "Did you kill Caylee?" "Are you responsible for her death?" "Did you use your duct tape to cover her nose and mouth?" "Did you use the cloth bag and two green garbage bags to bag your granddaughter and throw her off of Suburban drive like a piece of garbage?"

If not, why not?

Sure they can. But it just adds to the credibility of the defense team if they even have to go there. It adds weight to their deflection, and makes it seem like a possibility.

And what can George do other than say NO WAY and get all angry. That won't necessarily convince EVERY SINGLE juror.

It will just add to the possibility that there is another potential scenario and suspect.

Correct. And that is exactly why they need to offer up this theory [ bogus as it is] of PTSD. It states that the 'victims' of PTSD do not visibly react to emotional situations because they are 'emotionally paralyzed.' They cannot access their emotional reactions so they are blank.

However, she doesn't seem to have any problems showing anger or umm pleasure (as seen in various pictures).

Sure they can. But it just adds to the credibility of the defense team if they even have to go there. It adds weight to their deflection, and makes it seem like a possibility.

And what can George do other than say NO WAY and get all angry. That won't necessarily convince EVERY SINGLE juror.

It will just add to the possibility that there is another potential scenario and suspect.

I don't see any juror buying that - the DT can innuendo to their heart's content but they are not stupid. Surely they would question why the SA had not gone after George if there was even a slight possibility instead of ICA.

I'm not buying this scenario at all!

Just remember, the key word here is 'DOUBT'. The DT does not have to PROVE that SODDI, GA did it, KC has PSTD, KC was abused or how Caylee died. They just have to create, in the minds of the jurors, the doubt that KC KILLED Caylee and that ONLY KC COULD have killed Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns