What Kind Of Defense for Casey in a trial?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Previously the limited immunity deal involved - take us to Caylee's body...any evidence found can be used against you in trial but nothing you have told us can be used against you.

This will be an unpopular opinion, but I'm hoping they offer up a plea and she accepts prior to trial. Most importantly, it would give Caylee the peace she deserves - she could finally be laid to rest and honored like she deserves. I would say take the DP off the table and go with LWOP or an even lesser sentence. I don't like the idea of a reduced sentence, but honestly she wouldn't last long in prison anyway, IMO. They don't like baby killers in prison.

I agree with you 100%, did you hear that when they move her around the jail the other prisoners go nuts, and scream obscenities at her. And maybe spending life behind bars to have everyday to think about what she did will be the ultimate punishment.

My guess is that Baez is going to claim that Casey was being coerced by an organized group of individuals who took Caylee to insure that Casey did something for them. He may claim that these people killed Caylee and put her in the trunk of Casey's car to make sure Casey knew they were serious. Casey had to dispose of the body without informing police what was happening because these same people threatened to kill Casey and her entire family. The police might arrest one or two of these people, but could not arrest all of them, so Casey knew if she told the truth to police, she and her whole family would wind up dead.

Sorry, but I posted this same theory, almost verbatim, several times during the earlier months of this investigation. So, it's been said already.

My guess is that Baez is going to claim that Casey was being coerced by an organized group of individuals who took Caylee to insure that Casey did something for them. He may claim that these people killed Caylee and put her in the trunk of Casey's car to make sure Casey knew they were serious. Casey had to dispose of the body without informing police what was happening because these same people threatened to kill Casey and her entire family. The police might arrest one or two of these people, but could not arrest all of them, so Casey knew if she told the truth to police, she and her whole family would wind up dead.

yeah except that by revealing this at trial, is she not putting her family in danger again? makes no sense.
Also, no mother would ever be able to go on shopping, stealing, partying without "losing it." There is NO WAY a loving mother could handle such an event without contacting someone.
does not make sense to me. I would have to be placed in a mental hospital if such events happened to me. Actually, the individuals would have to fear me because I would be coming after them with everything I have left without caring about my own life at all.

Baez has an uphill battle for sure. He has an unlikeable client who is accused of the worst of crimes, killing an innocent.

He will attempt to create "issue in controversy" (the conclusions of the labs, the methods used by the labs, the relatively new "air sampling" science) and contested issues lead to reasonable doubt. It also sets up an issue for appeal that when faced with 2 possibilities, both reasonable, it was error for the jury to choose one and disregard the opposing theory.

He must stand before the jury and tell them that yes, his client is a liar, a thief, and *advertiser censored* without conscience but these flaws do not fill in the gaps in the State's case to make her a murderer.

As far as Baez being paid, I am going to guess that is he not ever going to be paid for his services. CA and GA are not responsible for KC's legal bills, she is an adult, she contracted with Baez. In criminal cases, if you do not collect your fee up front, you are likely to never see a dime later. Every lawyer I know has worked a case without ever seeing a payday. It is part of the practice.

Baez has an uphill battle for sure. He has an unlikeable client who is accused of the worst of crimes, killing an innocent.

He will attempt to create "issue in controversy" (the conclusions of the labs, the methods used by the labs, the relatively new "air sampling" science) and contested issues lead to reasonable doubt. It also sets up an issue for appeal that when faced with 2 possibilities, both reasonable, it was error for the jury to choose one and disregard the opposing theory.

He must stand before the jury and tell them that yes, his client is a liar, a thief, and *advertiser censored* without conscience but these flaws do not fill in the gaps in the State's case to make her a murderer.

As far as Baez being paid, I am going to guess that is he not ever going to be paid for his services. CA and GA are not responsible for KC's legal bills, she is an adult, she contracted with Baez. In criminal cases, if you do not collect your fee up front, you are likely to never see a dime later. Every lawyer I know has worked a case without ever seeing a payday. It is part of the practice.

I think he already stated the defense - she didn't do it, but it she did it, it was an accident. Can't have both in a court. Either she didn't do it or it was an accident. Take your pick. He has no defense, other than what he leaks to the press.

Pray for the gag order.

The bottom line is, the defense strategy is to say Caylee is still alive. They never found a body so Caylee is alive. Baez and the Anthonys are going to spread this message til the trial ends. Caylee is alive and LE is refusing to look for her. KC is innocent. Thats the strategy folks. Even if they found a body, the defense would say the kidnappers killed her because she was too high profile. Not KC.

His dueling :argue:experts have a HUGE whopping problem with the unforgettable odor of human decomposition in Casey's car.

LE and George have talked about that odor you never forget.

It is human nature to attach that odor to a source...

No amount of forensic expertise or cutting edge technology is going to cast doubt on that smell.
No amount of ranting and raving to the press can change the fact that it is what it is.

jmho:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member