What one question would you ask in the case of Lisa Irwin?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I actually have a question about the progress of the investigation that I hope I can get an answer to soon and share on WS. Will you know if I do.

The value of the home that Phil Netz rents is appraised at $17,710 per Clay County Assessor's Office records. The most it has been valued in recent years was $21,740.

Even if you think the assessor's office deflates a bit....it's still a pretty meager amount.

My apologies to ynotdivein and all for the misbehavior.

I do love that .gif with the fish flying out, though!

P.S. hambirg, it's a deal if it can be a box o' champagne! :floorlaugh:

Wow, I've never visited spokeo until now. I'm disappointed in what they list as my property value. They also have me as a male, and I am female. Do you know where they get the property value info? My place is twice to three times nicer than the house next door, and there is only a small difference in he value of the two places on spokeo.

I have no idea how Spokeo sources information, but I have to say I've always thought you WERE male for some reason! :detective: :escape:

One question; never to be answered by DB/JI: Are you, or have you been actively participating in any search measures for you daughter? Please explain (if you will; but you won't) EXACTLY how, in any way, you have helped search; were interviewed separatley with LE?

I know these questions will only be answered (or not) in a court of law! WOW! JT must be extremely "happy" about his "high profile case."

One question; never to be answered by DB/JI: Are you, or have you been actively participating in any search measures for you daughter? Please explain (if you will; but you won't) EXACTLY how, in any way, you have helped search; were interviewed separatley with LE?

I know these questions will only be answered (or not) in a court of law! WOW! JT must be extremely "happy" about his "high profile case."

They were interviewed separately Oct. 4 and I believe Oct. 5, Oct. 6 and Oct. 8. The UMKC law professor has talked about it with the media.

I know it's been said he was present for Oct. 8 and that's true. But I also thought he was there on Oct. 6 but never been able to find a link for that or proof. Hard to believe it's been more than two months.

I may have missed this, and if so I'm sorry if has been discussed previously. Was it DB's habit to sit outside on the front stoop in the evening chatting, drinking, having her "adult time?" I know it's been brought up that this could have been done to establish and alaibi, but I need to know if this was something she did on a steady basis. tia

I'd like to ask if there has been a concerted effort to discredit and keep local local media on the outside? Now, they have apparently been left out of the loop and the big stories went to national media. Some have felt that monies were exchanged for this and that is possible I suppose but why such a heavy handed approach? So much control. This doesn't seem normal but then, surprise, what is in this case? Also, articles, video's and stories are disappearing or being altered at whose behest? Can big time lawyers for the defense arrange for possibly hurtful media pieces to go poof? Who else would want to and could? Just seems odd and wondered if anyone else thought so or had any ideas.

I'd like to ask if there has been a concerted effort to discredit and keep local local media on the outside? Now, they have apparently been left out of the loop and the big stories went to national media. Some have felt that monies were exchanged for this and that is possible I suppose but why such a heavy handed approach? So much control. This doesn't seem normal but then, surprise, what is in this case? Also, articles, video's and stories are disappearing or being altered at whose behest? Can big time lawyers for the defense arrange for possibly hurtful media pieces to go poof? Who else would want to and could? Just seems odd and wondered if anyone else thought so or had any ideas.

bbm That is just a very scary thought!

I just want to highlight the "articles, video and stories are disappearing or being altered at whose benefit?" part of this. I am still kind of new to this, but I KNOW, without a shadow of a doubt, for this to be true! I know what I have seen and read. . and I know I'm not crazy. . .so things HAVE gone poof in this case. Is this the norm? This case seems to be so outside of the realm of what is logical to me. There is a special place in hell. . . .that's my comfort.

ETA. . I feel like the main character in "Let's Scare Jessica to Death" or "Rosemary's Baby". . .I know reality. .. but they are trying to make me think like I don't and question it like I'm not sane.

The Kansas City Star has written 92 articles about this case, the most, by far, of any newspaper in the country. I would even bet that the local KC news stations have aired more stories about Lisa than any other news channel, including national, in the country. The family and lawyers have held press conferences, in which the local media is there, and I believe in some cases, the national media wasn't even present. They might not be getting interviews with the parents, but they've been reporting on this case the most.

I don't think the defense in this case can arrange for articles to go poof. For example, a lot of people would say that articles talking about Deborah being drunk would be detrimental to her, but it's easy to find those articles online. There really hasn't been anything that's been completely erased.

Personally, I don't think there's anything strange going on regarding the media. I can think of cases that got a lot more media coverage than this one, and I don't remember hearing as many conspiracy theories regarding the press. I think of this case's media coverage like this: It had many sensational factors that the media liked, but once the parents and lawyers stopped talking, and the developments stopped coming in, the case was replaced by others like Michelle Parker.

I just want to highlight the "articles, video and stories are disappearing or being altered at whose benefit?" part of this. I am still kind of new to this, but I KNOW, without a shadow of a doubt, for this to be true! I know what I have seen and read. . and I know I'm not crazy. . .so things HAVE gone poof in this case. Is this the norm? This case seems to be so outside of the realm of what is logical to me. There is a special place in hell. . . .that's my comfort.

ETA. . I feel like the main character in "Let's Scare Jessica to Death" or "Rosemary's Baby". . .I know reality. .. but they are trying to make me think like I don't and question it like I'm not sane.

Am not the sharpest tool in the drawer, but am a news junkie. People have brought up things here and I'm "oooh I remember that" and go to look and huh? First couple of times put it down to I'm a dork, and after that it was aw come on what the heck. Don't have any explanation but then it goes with the rest of this weirdness, so whatever. Do not have a yardstick to use to know if it is a norm in missing person cases, but does not seem likely. Have no reason to believe it is big time attorney shenanigans but just trying to make some sense of it. It is interesting nevertheless.

Do we have a specific example of --something-- about this case completely disappearing from the Internet? Many newspapers have it where you have to pay for their archives, so after a certain point, the articles are no longer available to read unless you have a subscription. I have access to a newspaper archive database, and there's 400+ articles about this case, so the defense isn't doing a very good job of getting rid of them.

I have always thought of the Irwins as being a normal, average middle class family but this control over the media they supposedly have makes it sound like they are mega-powerful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerinska
Back