What was Casey's plan?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:no: Actually her plan worked out pretty well, we can't find Caylee. My theory is based on the motive that Caylee was simply an interference in Casey’s partying lifestyle, and Casey being a true Sociopath with no real feelings of love or emotions, simply disposed of her, driven by an underlying jealousy between mother and daughter, both of whom I believe are narcissistic.

:no:I believe Casey sought out some sort of revenge against her mother because of her controlling nature and her threats to take Caylee away from her. Since the gas cans were returned empty and were stolen along the time Caylee was last missing, I certainly believe it was used to either burn or disguise the smell of the body. The time frame of the borrowed shovel would better help assist me with my thoughts on whether Caylee was either at one time buried in the backyard or just was laid there temporarily which doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, unless Caylee used the Chloroform and then ultimately drowned her. It would have been simple enough.

:no: No fighting or screaming child to deal with, she would have been knocked out from the Chloroform and simply drowned without fighting. I would like to know how long a person has to be dead before cadaver dogs can pick up their scent?
I believe the dirt found in the back of Casey’s trunk will confirm if she was at in that backyard. The neighbors shovel will also be tested for dirt to confirm whether or not Caylee was buried at one time in the backyard.

:no: My theory on the abandoned car?
Casey’s purse having been left in the car and deserted have me to believe she was going to disappear. That way when they found the car, there would be no Caylee and no Casey. It would have looked like abduction. Casey didn’t count on the car being towed so soon.

Where is Caylee? My guess is somewhere close to where the pings point to when she made several calls on her cell phone. Buried, burned, tossed in a dumpster, or thrown in a gator swamp, I don’t believe she will ever be found. But Casey’s purse being left in the car indicates to me she planned to simply disappear. I believe this murder was more carefully planned then we all think. The fact that Casey searched for the uses of Chloroform on her computer prior to the crime indicate premeditated. Her purse and Amy’s number being left in the car are NO accident. It was a set up and was made to look like the two (Casey and Caylee) were abducted.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...es-835047.html

One of the questions surrounding human cadaver dogs is how soon after death they can recognise a corpse, and how long a "fresh" corpse must remain in one place for a dog to detect that it has been there. In a study published last year, the forensic pathologist Lars Oesterhelweg, then at the University of Bern in Switzerland, and colleagues tested the ability of three Hamburg State Police cadaver dogs to pick out – of a line-up of six new carpet squares – the one that had been exposed for no more than 10 minutes to a recently deceased person.

Several squares had been placed beneath a clothed corpse within three hours of death, when some organs and many cells of the human body are still functioning. Over the next month, the dogs did hundreds of trials in which they signalled the contaminated square with 98 per cent accuracy, falling to 94 per cent when the square had been in contact with the corpse for only two minutes. The research concluded that cadaver dogs were an "outstanding tool" for crime-scene investigation.

I agree that casey was just chillin in the moment w/ Tony, but had plans to split. As long as her parents weren't around or involved, the nanny story could be certainly plausible for awhile. And, as was mentioned before, I think she beleived people would just eventually stop asking about Caylee or forget about her or whatnot.

However, I think the checks stolen from Amy prove that she wasn't planning on sticking around town forever.

I also think the abandoned car/purse/etc played into that plan to 'disappear.'

However, what I find to be most intersting is what would have happened if she and Caylee had just disappeared. CA & co would have been all over that one (their precious little grandbaby and her young mother both missing...), going to the police, private investigators, news media, etc. And with KC having victim status instead being surrounded with suspiscion, the A's would have turned over anything and everything that they believed would help find them (including, perhaps, an 'un-erased' laptop...). Who knows what other evidence was destroyed or hidden by CA & co, once she felt that LE/the general public/ etc had 'turned' against her precious daughter.

What I also find interesting is KC's thought that she could sucessfully 'hide' somewhere, even for a short period. If she had disappeared and her car were found without a trace of her or little Caylee, that would have been all over the news as well. Now I know a missing persons case would carry a lot less weight than our current situation, but I think the A's have proven they would have undertaken a full-on media blitz, calling NG, AMW, etc... pretty much anyone who would listen. I live on the west coast and started following this story on 7/16, after reading a tiny snippet on CNN.com. Did she really think she could escape this all by merely being across the country, especially in this day and age?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...es-835047.html

One of the questions surrounding human cadaver dogs is how soon after death they can recognise a corpse, and how long a "fresh" corpse must remain in one place for a dog to detect that it has been there. In a study published last year, the forensic pathologist Lars Oesterhelweg, then at the University of Bern in Switzerland, and colleagues tested the ability of three Hamburg State Police cadaver dogs to pick out – of a line-up of six new carpet squares – the one that had been exposed for no more than 10 minutes to a recently deceased person.

Several squares had been placed beneath a clothed corpse within three hours of death, when some organs and many cells of the human body are still functioning. Over the next month, the dogs did hundreds of trials in which they signalled the contaminated square with 98 per cent accuracy, falling to 94 per cent when the square had been in contact with the corpse for only two minutes. The research concluded that cadaver dogs were an "outstanding tool" for crime-scene investigation.

You know I have been saying this all along and I just know that this is most definitely one item forensically that JB is going to attempt to attack! I do not think the jury will buy into it however with all of the opposite to the contrary and studies scintifically such as this! In any case I think that Casey wanted to fake Caylee's drowing but died from chloroform instead and it wreaked havoc on her hairbrained plan. I also believe she was planning to run to Ca. and was working towards funding this.

I have a sneaking suspicion that between LE and the FBI that they have also been able to put some more plausable scenarios together and back it up with hard evidence which will come out during the trial.

I agree that casey was just chillin in the moment w/ Tony, but had plans to split. As long as her parents weren't around or involved, the nanny story could be certainly plausible for awhile. And, as was mentioned before, I think she beleived people would just eventually stop asking about Caylee or forget about her or whatnot.

However, I think the checks stolen from Amy prove that she wasn't planning on sticking around town forever.

I also think the abandoned car/purse/etc played into that plan to 'disappear.'

However, what I find to be most intersting is what would have happened if she and Caylee had just disappeared. CA & co would have been all over that one (their precious little grandbaby and her young mother both missing...), going to the police, private investigators, news media, etc. And with KC having victim status instead being surrounded with suspiscion, the A's would have turned over anything and everything that they believed would help find them (including, perhaps, an 'un-erased' laptop...). Who knows what other evidence was destroyed or hidden by CA & co, once she felt that LE/the general public/ etc had 'turned' against her precious daughter.

What I also find interesting is KC's thought that she could sucessfully 'hide' somewhere, even for a short period. If she had disappeared and her car were found without a trace of her or little Caylee, that would have been all over the news as well. Now I know a missing persons case would carry a lot less weight than our current situation, but I think the A's have proven they would have undertaken a full-on media blitz, calling NG, AMW, etc... pretty much anyone who would listen. I live on the west coast and started following this story on 7/16, after reading a tiny snippet on CNN.com. Did she really think she could escape this all by merely being across the country, especially in this day and age?

I think if she had sunk the car and just left the state and then when contacted by LE or upon hearing that a missing person's report had been file had told them that her and Cindy were estranged and that she did not wish to have contact with her, possibly even filing for a restraining order she might have been able to pull it off longterm. I know people will say Caylee would have needed a wellcheck, but we know how busy child services is and how cases get dropped from one jurisdiction to another. She is such a wacko she probably could have pulled off babysitting some new friend's toddler and going in for a wellcheck.

I don't think that she had clear plans. I think that she knew she wanted to do away with Caylee and that she probably fantasized about doing away with her parents as well...Beyond that, I'm not so sure that it was planned per se.

OK, so what would the premeditation consist of? The searches for Formaldehyde?

I remember NG saying that premeditation can happen in mere seconds. I always thought it had to be many hours if not days of planning. But the way I understand it, if you have a few seconds to change your mind, by law it’s considered premeditation. Let’s say Casey got really angry and threw Caylee in the pool, walked away, and waited for her to drown. I hate to even type that but I’m just using that as an example. That would be considered premeditated murder and would qualify for the death penalty. In this type of scenario, there wouldn’t be a clear trail leading to premeditation since it happened very quickly. I hope that makes sense.

Respectively Clipped

Why would she buy all the crap at Target/Win Dixie if she wanted to keep the $$ for getaway? Wouldn't she just keep writing checks to herself until they bounced then leave?

Good question! I don't understand why she bought all the stuff at Target, except that she prob. doesn't have very good impulse control. She likes clothes, they make her feel better..............being seen in Target/Winn Dixie is not incriminating (unless you are being prosecuted for theft :bang:), being seen in a gas station near where Caylee's body will hopefully be found could be, with the evidence they found in her trunk. Plus, she NEEDED cool, new clothes for the cool, new life she was about to begin, and groceries to continue her perfect girlfriend act. With no job, the money needed to come from somewhere. AND......if her plan had worked, the Target/Winn Dixie thing would be a moot point. That is my explaination and I'm stickin' to it! :crazy:

I can see this and I have toyed with her possibly getting rid of her parents so she could inherit the house. She had been telling a friend or friends that she was going to get the house. Either that or she was planning on having the car stolen or found and time ran out on her plan to fake her own kidnapping. She might have wanted to convince Tony to move somewhere else or thought he was going to or she was going to run to California to sack up with the military guy. Mostly she probably just hoped everything would go away so she could live a normal life as she saw it. What happened to a quiet shy good student in high school that caused her to drop out suddenly? What caused an employee of the year to abandon her job, start sleeping with anyone and everyone, lying, stealing, cheating? What caused that seemingly normal high school girl with good grades to create a fictional list of characters in her life? What caused her to usurp details about those she envied and incorporate them into her own life? What causes a seemingly doting mother to kill a child out of spite and then drive around with a rotting corpse in the trunk? This sure seems like a case study in "nurtured" sociopathy. Sexual abuse victims exhibit many of these characteristics, and many sexual abuse victims develop sociopathic tendencies.

Very insightful, Broderick. And I agree, something flipped the switch. I believe it was CA forcing KC to keep Caylee. KC decided she was never going to get out or away from CA, something snapped, and she began acting out. As far as sociopath vs. PTSD, I don't believe that we, as armchair psychologists, can diagnose KC from fragments of news reports, evidence reports, interviews.................I think a bona-fide psychiatrist with a bunch of letters behind his name conducting 24 hr sessions around the clock would have difficulty diagnosing her! And I am not sure it matters which one it is, the girl ain't right.

I also considered the possibility she might try to set Cindy up to take the fall. Think "Presumed Innocent" by Scott Turow.

I also considered the possibility she might try to set Cindy up to take the fall. Think "Presumed Innocent" by Scott Turow.[/QUOTE]

I've always thought the same thing, that when Casey gets her moment to shine and tell the world her story we are all supposed to weep in sympathy over, that is going to be the moment she throws Cindy and George under the bus. Something along the lines of Cindy was harsh and abusive to Caylee plus George was molesting the both of them so she had to get away. She could care less about those two with their nosey questions and unfit mother accusations. She needed her parents to mainly look after Caylee so she could have a life and now that her little Snothead has been removed from the equation there is no need to keep George and Cindy on Team Casey.

:no: Actually her plan worked out pretty well, we can't find Caylee. My theory is based on the motive that Caylee was simply an interference in Casey’s partying lifestyle, and Casey being a true Sociopath with no real feelings of love or emotions, simply disposed of her, driven by an underlying jealousy between mother and daughter, both of whom I believe are narcissistic.

:no:I believe Casey sought out some sort of revenge against her mother because of her controlling nature and her threats to take Caylee away from her. Since the gas cans were returned empty and were stolen along the time Caylee was last missing, I certainly believe it was used to either burn or disguise the smell of the body. The time frame of the borrowed shovel would better help assist me with my thoughts on whether Caylee was either at one time buried in the backyard or just was laid there temporarily which doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, unless Caylee used the Chloroform and then ultimately drowned her. It would have been simple enough.

:no: No fighting or screaming child to deal with, she would have been knocked out from the Chloroform and simply drowned without fighting. I would like to know how long a person has to be dead before cadaver dogs can pick up their scent?

I believe the dirt found in the back of Casey’s trunk will confirm if she was at in that backyard. The neighbors shovel will also be tested for dirt to confirm whether or not Caylee was buried at one time in the backyard.

:no: My theory on the abandoned car?
Casey’s purse having been left in the car and deserted have me to believe she was going to disappear. That way when they found the car, there would be no Caylee and no Casey. It would have looked like abduction. Casey didn’t count on the car being towed so soon.

Where is Caylee? My guess is somewhere close to where the pings point to when she made several calls on her cell phone. Buried, burned, tossed in a dumpster, or thrown in a gator swamp, I don’t believe she will ever be found. But Casey’s purse being left in the car indicates to me she planned to simply disappear. I believe this murder was more carefully planned then we all think. The fact that Casey searched for the uses of Chloroform on her computer prior to the crime indicate premeditated. Her purse and Amy’s number being left in the car are NO accident. It was a set up and was made to look like the two (Casey and Caylee) were abducted.
I agree about the car. As soon as I heard about the empty purse, pants, boots, I thought she was setting it up to look like a car jacking or kidnapping.

I agree about the car. As soon as I heard about the empty purse, pants, boots, I thought she was setting it up to look like a car jacking or kidnapping.

I believe this is a possibility. I also remember a comment KC made to AL when it came out about the check at bofa for cash "that was my back-up plan." Am I remembering this correctly? Was she planning to use the cash to dissappear?

I don't know if someone mentioned this or not, but I believe she had a plan and that plan included moving to California and severing contacts with her familly.

I agree Poco. I think the guy in California was being set up to be her bolt hole. Tell him her parents had adopted Caylee. Tell her parents she is moving to another state with Caylee. It wouldn't surprise me if she then planned to move on from the guy in California and disappear altogether. Plus, unless she actually saw the car being towed, she would have no way of knowing if it had been stolen or not. I'm pretty sure that was in her plan too. She didn't immediately run to California because she thought the car HAD been stolen.

I agree Poco. I think the guy in California was being set up to be her bolt hole. Tell him her parents had adopted Caylee. Tell her parents she is moving to another state with Caylee. It wouldn't surprise me if she then planned to move on from the guy in California and disappear altogether. Plus, unless she actually saw the car being towed, she would have no way of knowing if it had been stolen or not. I'm pretty sure that was in her plan too. She didn't immediately run to California because she thought the car HAD been stolen.

Which brings us back to...the passport. It was discussed briefly at the Bond Hearing but did we ever figure out if she had one or not???

Which brings us back to...the passport. It was discussed briefly at the Bond Hearing but did we ever figure out if she had one or not???
I don't know that one Pink.
But she wouldn't need one to go to California, and if she didn't already have one, she could apply for one there. She's never been abroad, so my guess is that she didn't have one. You don't need a passport to go to PR do you?

I agree, DebC. I've been thinking similar things. If she tells enough people the right stories, and everything falls into place as planned, she could go "poof" and no one will be the wiser. And if the car gets stolen, and all her stuff disappears with it, CA & GA think she up and booked with Caylee, maybe in the car...................home free. "Just give me one more day". Bet she never imagined she could park her car somewhere, with a purse on the seat and a key in the ignition and it not be stolen. HAH!

I don't know that one Pink.
But she wouldn't need one to go to California, and if she didn't already have one, she could apply for one there. She's never been abroad, so my guess is that she didn't have one. You don't need a passport to go to PR do you?
No. I don't think that you need a passport to go to PR if you're American. I just read on another forum that JCP has a passport and visa dept. That surprised me!

Quote: "Cindy did care for Caylee and did many things right, but we know behind closed doors she told Casey what she is and that she was an incompetent mother among other things... We also know that Cindy was very paranoid about Caylee and the pool, no doubt harped and harped on the subject as she is prone to do. I think the self labeled "vindictive " intended to stage a drowning that would appear to be Cindy's fault. Cindy was the one with her in the pool usually, and definitely so on the evening of the 15th. Cindy mentions that the ladder was back on the pool after that date and she was sure she took it down, being that she is so so careful about that... The chloroform was intended to prevent Caylee from fighting, which would leave evidence by way of marks etc, and possibly attract attention by way of noise. This plan completely fell apart when Caylee died from the chloroform application."

Quote: "No fighting or screaming child to deal with, she would have been knocked out from the Chloroform and simply drowned without fighting..."

Had this been the goal, there would have been no need for chloroform. Backyard pools are known as "silent killers" of small children. Drownings are entirely silent. So if you believe a drowning was intentional, for a two year-old drawn reportedly to the pool this would be as simple as permitting access to the backyard--and attaching the ladder. This has caused me to speculate anew re possible reasons for CA's collusion or even complicity with KC. Perhaps CA in fact never, as she claimed, after the previous evening's swim replaced the ladder. If so, and CA put it together, she would never admit to this; ultimately still faults KC for being so careless; nor presumably would it ever be discussed. Yet neither, she would know, was KC entirely at fault--thus the eerie denial and collusion with KC's lies. Just a thought.

Quote: "There are too many available over-the-counter meds like benedryl to get kids to sleep. The only reason I can come up with for something more powerful (and expensive) is to put Caylee permanently asleep, humanely."

I've thought this too, asked the same question from early on while arguing negligence. Now I'm still asking the question though for more suspicious reasons.

The months of speculation about how Casey has had to endure the psychotic control of Cindy, represented for all to see repeatedly by Cindy herself in those same months to assure that at least most people can see that is true, is step one in Casey's defense.

All her life, Casey has been in a battle royale with Cindy. Permissiveness mixed with condoning of bad behavior, outright covering up of bad behavior, lying to everyone about the causes of the behavior, blaming others for what has happened to Casey....patterns we still see today in Cindy. In the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, Cindy offers up the stalwart defense of her daughter as innocent of charges. She ignores the visible proof of her daughter's criminality (the videos showing Casey purchasing items with Amy's stolen checks) as immaterial. All that is important is finding Caylee. No one can offer proof of that now, can they?

The inside has been exposed to the outside. Cindy's job forever has been to protect the inside view from others. Casey has always done everything to thwart that, hasn't she? She hasn't just suddenly begun to act out. She's been doing this for quite awhile. Her friends from school drifted away from her to casual acquaintances, most admitting that Casey has always lied about things. "Normal" people don't keep compulsive liars around. Casey keeps people around her and maximizes what she can get out of them before they withdraw, based on their exposure to her negative behaviors. "Everybody lies, everybody dies"....meaning we're all just like her, so she can justify her behavior. She just believes she's better at it than most.

So her mother calls the police on her, perhaps in an attempt to regain control over Casey. It backfires on Cindy, though. Now she has to actually have the outside in where she didn't really want them. If Casey had just answered her question, told the truth, I do not believe Cindy would have ever EVER said a word. I think she would have covered up with a story about Caylee being adopted and held that over Casey's head for life. I think Casey knew that, too. Faced with that choice, she admits she hasn't seen her daughter, BS'ing after that as to why. She would rather take her chances with the police than Cindy having any more control on her life. As wonky as it is, it proves to be her way out of this diabolical grip.

What happened to Caylee is all speculation. How she died, where she died, how long she was in the car, where she is now.....the only thing we can know to a matter of certainty is that Caylee's dead body was in the back of Casey's car when Casey was the only one in control of that car. She can't escape that aspect of the truth, so now we have to work on how we're going to spin that. Sure, she tried the ZFG angle. That was quickly disproved. So now what? Now there is evidence that she was out partying and stealing from her friends, buying items that would never back up the story that she was really trying to compensate for having had her child stolen from her, or even that her daughter was dead.

Enter the defense: Casey, after years of mental and perhaps physical abuse, decided to spare her daughter a life of hell such as she has lived with a woman like Cindy controlling every aspect of her life. Sure it's all princess and ponies at first, but Casey quickly learned it all came with a horrible price of sacrificing self. Her destructive behaviors of stealing from her family and friends was her way of coping with the conflicting and horrible emotional roller coaster her mother kept her constantly on. Her fear of being a failure in her mother's eyes created such a pathology in Casey she even took it so far as to pretend to have a job for 2 years.

It all came to a boil between the 9th and the 15th of June. It became apparent to Casey that she had no way out from under Cindy. But Caylee could have. And that is what she gave her. In causing her death, she was sparing Caylee a life of the same abuse she suffered. What happened afterward was just the symptom of having had to take such drastic measures to get away from her mother.

I am merely attempting to find ANY friggin' way that the defense could spin all this crap in ANY way that we would "understand" finally. Even in my head, fully developed, this story is incredulous. But as we have seen, that seems to be the primary feature of anything in this case. Jose, if you're reading this, please I would appreciate my retainer fee. I'd love to donate it to TES to help recover Caylee's remains.

The months of speculation about how Casey has had to endure the psychotic control of Cindy, represented for all to see repeatedly by Cindy herself in those same months to assure that at least most people can see that is true, is step one in Casey's defense.

All her life, Casey has been in a battle royale with Cindy. Permissiveness mixed with condoning of bad behavior, outright covering up of bad behavior, lying to everyone about the causes of the behavior, blaming others for what has happened to Casey....patterns we still see today in Cindy. In the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, Cindy offers up the stalwart defense of her daughter as innocent of charges. She ignores the visible proof of her daughter's criminality (the videos showing Casey purchasing items with Amy's stolen checks) as immaterial. All that is important is finding Caylee. No one can offer proof of that now, can they?

The inside has been exposed to the outside. Cindy's job forever has been to protect the inside view from others. Casey has always done everything to thwart that, hasn't she? She hasn't just suddenly begun to act out. She's been doing this for quite awhile. Her friends from school drifted away from her to casual acquaintances, most admitting that Casey has always lied about things. "Normal" people don't keep compulsive liars around. Casey keeps people around her and maximizes what she can get out of them before they withdraw, based on their exposure to her negative behaviors. "Everybody lies, everybody dies"....meaning we're all just like her, so she can justify her behavior. She just believes she's better at it than most.

So her mother calls the police on her, perhaps in an attempt to regain control over Casey. It backfires on Cindy, though. Now she has to actually have the outside in where she didn't really want them. If Casey had just answered her question, told the truth, I do not believe Cindy would have ever EVER said a word. I think she would have covered up with a story about Caylee being adopted and held that over Casey's head for life. I think Casey knew that, too. Faced with that choice, she admits she hasn't seen her daughter, BS'ing after that as to why. She would rather take her chances with the police than Cindy having any more control on her life. As wonky as it is, it proves to be her way out of this diabolical grip.

What happened to Caylee is all speculation. How she died, where she died, how long she was in the car, where she is now.....the only thing we can know to a matter of certainty is that Caylee's dead body was in the back of Casey's car when Casey was the only one in control of that car. She can't escape that aspect of the truth, so now we have to work on how we're going to spin that. Sure, she tried the ZFG angle. That was quickly disproved. So now what? Now there is evidence that she was out partying and stealing from her friends, buying items that would never back up the story that she was really trying to compensate for having had her child stolen from her, or even that her daughter was dead.

Enter the defense: Casey, after years of mental and perhaps physical abuse, decided to spare her daughter a life of hell such as she has lived with a woman like Cindy controlling every aspect of her life. Sure it's all princess and ponies at first, but Casey quickly learned it all came with a horrible price of sacrificing self. Her destructive behaviors of stealing from her family and friends was her way of coping with the conflicting and horrible emotional roller coaster her mother kept her constantly on. Her fear of being a failure in her mother's eyes created such a pathology in Casey she even took it so far as to pretend to have a job for 2 years.

It all came to a boil between the 9th and the 15th of June. It became apparent to Casey that she had no way out from under Cindy. But Caylee could have. And that is what she gave her. In causing her death, she was sparing Caylee a life of the same abuse she suffered. What happened afterward was just the symptom of having had to take such drastic measures to get away from her mother.

I am merely attempting to find ANY friggin' way that the defense could spin all this crap in ANY way that we would "understand" finally. Even in my head, fully developed, this story is incredulous. But as we have seen, that seems to be the primary feature of anything in this case. Jose, if you're reading this, please I would appreciate my retainer fee. I'd love to donate it to TES to help recover Caylee's remains.

SUPERB!!!!! ...the best analysis I ever read...thank you!...

Maybe Caylee did get into the pool by herself and when Casey discovered her unconscious there, she did resucitation and revived Caylee only to find out that the child was in a vegatative state due to brain damage and would never be normal again. She discovered this after lying her on the ground in the backyard to perform mouth to mouth. Finally realizing the child would never be the same again, in a distraught state, she euthanized her and placed her in the trunk of the car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back