What we don't know

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looking good for her family at all times must have been part of Patsy's mission in life, like housewife June Cleaver's wearing high heels at home. Patsy may have thought it'd be good for the kids to follow her example, or something like that. Whatever.

The shower thing is just another lie out of her mouth. I have 4 bathrooms in my house and a half bath also. She could have taken a shower in another bath in the house. I know some of you smarties will remember how many bathrooms she had in that house. How many were there? I do a lot of things, including leaving my house without make-up.....but NEVER would I go someplace special, like meeting out of town family without taking a bath. They had gone to a party the night before eating crab! Gross...that alone would make me want to take a bath.

Becba said:
Do we all agree it has been out in the public that JonBenets hair was done up in 2 ponytails. One over the other?

I am saying she was done up for someones fantasy. As far as make up I read a statement saying she was made up or something to the effect. I will look for the statement tomorrow if I have time. I know it is not worth anything without fact to back it up. I just got the impression someone had put makeup on her.
I have seen kids wear their hair like that often. I don't really see anything provocative with that type of hair style. When I taugh first grade, I noticed that girls wear ponytails in all kinds of wierd ways! LOL :laugh: Sometimes it is quite amusing.

I remember reading that there were hair ties scattered on the floor of JonBenet's bedroom.

I have always wanted to see the pictures from FW's dinner that night - see how JonBenet's hair was done, etc.

TLynn said:
I remember reading that there were hair ties scattered on the floor of JonBenet's bedroom.

I have always wanted to see the pictures from FW's dinner that night - see how JonBenet's hair was done, etc.

Yes, there were hair ties scattered about. The ponytail bands in her hair were blue, yet she was wearing black pants, vest, and white top. Any Southern mom *knows* to match the hair ties and the clothes, :o and I'm willing to bet most anything that Patsy would never mismatch JB. I mean, that's very important stuff.

I agree TLynn, if there weren't something in those photos from the last supper, we'd have seen them by now. As I've said many times over, (I believe) JB's clothes tell us a lot about what happened on that fateful night.

In regards to makeup and taking a shower, I always wear my makeup, but I don't always shower every single day.

Nehemiah said:
In regards to makeup and taking a shower, I always wear my makeup, but I don't always shower every single day.
Then you were "Brought up Right" according to Truvy in Steel Magnolias ;)

Here are the Rules for being a Southern Belle...
Here's How:

1. [font=ms sans serif, geneva, helvetica][size=-2]Offer Mint Julep or Iced Tea to everyone who visits your house.[/size][/font]
  2. [font=ms sans serif, geneva, helvetica][size=-2]Eat grits everyday for breakfast.[/size][/font]
  3. [font=ms sans serif, geneva, helvetica][size=-2]Refer to your house as "The Plantation" no matter how small your house may be.[/size][/font]
  4. [font=ms sans serif, geneva, helvetica][size=-2]Refer to all men as "gentlemen caller" or "beaux".[/size][/font]
  5. [font=ms sans serif, geneva, helvetica][size=-2]Never let a man know you're interested or chase him because you know there are too many men who want you for you to expend the extra effort.[/size][/font]
  6. [font=ms sans serif, geneva, helvetica][size=-2]When you have a dating dilemma and have one gentleman caller over when you are expecting another, claim to be "expired" and excuse yourself for a nap until he leaves.[/size][/font]
  7. [font=ms sans serif, geneva, helvetica][size=-2]Whenever you are asked to do any work, fan yourself and claim to have the "vapors."[/size][/font]
  8. [font=ms sans serif, geneva, helvetica][size=-2]Refer to every party you go to, even a kegger at the local university, as a "cotillion." All other parties are yankee garbage.[/size][/font]
  9. [font=ms sans serif, geneva, helvetica][size=-2]Try to use words like "darlin'", "sweet" or "precious" in every sentence.[/size][/font]
  10. [font=ms sans serif, geneva, helvetica][size=-2]Belong to a country club. If you don't, refer to any club you belong to as a "country club". No one will know the difference.[/size][/font]
  11. [font=ms sans serif, geneva, helvetica][size=-2]Set under a magnolia tree with a parasol fanning yourself often. Passers-by will take notice of your belle-ness.[/size][/font]
  12. [font=ms sans serif, geneva, helvetica][size=-2]Never marry a Yankee unless you want to be a Yankee by association.[/size][/font]
  13. [font=ms sans serif, geneva, helvetica][size=-2]Never be seen without your makeup and girdle.

[/size][/font]

Nehemiah said:
;) Absolutely.
I just knew you would understand!

[font=ms sans serif, geneva, helvetica][size=-1]Tips: [/size][/font] [font=ms sans serif, geneva, helvetica][size=-2] A parasol and an umbrella are not the same thing. If you refer to your parasol as an "umbrelly" you will never be a belle.
Being a belle is a lifetime of work so practice everyday.
[/size][/font]

Nuisanceposter said:
Patsy claimed that she didn't take a shower that morning because her shower was broken, but she wouldn't go anywhere without her make up. Now how am I to believe that a woman so obsessed with appearances will apply make up before going downstairs to make coffee but feels fine skipping a shower, right before she's about to meet family for Christmas celebration? I don't believe that. I don't believe Patsy slept at all Christmas night, and I highly suspect that JonBenet didn't sleep either. I would have no problem believing JonBenet had been made up for their gadding about at various parties Christmas night. Was the make up smeared on her, or had it been applied carefully? Was she wearing her hair in the two ponytails when the Rams were out celebrating with friends Christmas night?

Has anyone ever said if JonBenet had those 2 pony tails in her hair at the party? I remember girls wearing their hair that way some but I'm not sure it would have been a way to style the hair for a christmas party. I have just now started to read the books about the case, and I'm sort of suprised that there are so many facts that are not ever mentioned in them, and I just wonder if Boulder LE ever checked out some of these things or it's just not being allowed out to the public.

txsvicki said:
Has anyone ever said if JonBenet had those 2 pony tails in her hair at the party? I remember girls wearing their hair that way some but I'm not sure it would have been a way to style the hair for a christmas party. I have just now started to read the books about the case, and I'm sort of suprised that there are so many facts that are not ever mentioned in them, and I just wonder if Boulder LE ever checked out some of these things or it's just not being allowed out to the public.

txsvicki,

I guess the BPD will have checked this out, I believe photographs were taken at the White's so it should be easy to tell if she had pony tails. But I rather doubt it.

Another forensic aspect linked to the White's party is JonBenet's clothes, those worn to the party should retain some forensic residue, particularly the underwear she wore beneath her black velvet pants. Any underwear she wore should have fibers from her velvet pants, so the big question is: do the size-12 underwear she was found wearing contain any form of fiber residue from any source at all, or were they clean on, out off the packet that night?

I have an uncorroborated hunch that JonBenet was engaged in dressing up prior to her death. Whether this was innocent or for more darker reasons, and there is tangential evidence to suggest the latter, but its not compelling only an aspect of other similar victim profiles.

A thread on this clothing topic already exists where we turned things over, but I have never felt the explanations matched the evidence.

She supposedly had a new pair on, from Bloomingdales, and they were in a pack that had days of the week on them. JonBenet couldn't read....but she had the correct day panties on--Wednesday. Someone must have helped her pick out the right day--my guess is Patsy, earlier in the day.

Maikai said:
She supposedly had a new pair on, from Bloomingdales, and they were in a pack that had days of the week on them. JonBenet couldn't read....but she had the correct day panties on--Wednesday. Someone must have helped her pick out the right day--my guess is Patsy, earlier in the day.

If so, what's your thoughts on why Patsy would pick out underwear that were much larger than JB's regular size?

Maikai said:
I thought JonBenet could read?
According to Nedra she had been reading since she was three.
Even if that isn't true, she would have known the days of the week to look at. She had nearly finished her first year at school.

Nehemiah said:
If so, what's your thoughts on why Patsy would pick out underwear that were much larger than JB's regular size?

Except even the larger size is pretty small, and since the larger ones were in her drawer, the size just wasn't noticed. OR...the thought occurred to me the perp took them out of the package. It just makes me wonder how the right day ended up on her,

narlacat said:
I thought JonBenet could read?
According to Nedra she had been reading since she was three.
Even if that isn't true, she would have known the days of the week to look at. She had nearly finished her first year at school.

JR said Burke helped JBR with passing out the presents, since he could read the labels--or something to that effect. She went to pre-school, and was in kindergarten---she might have learned the days of the week--don't know.

I thought pre school and kindergarten were two differrent thinngs. Kindergarten is the first year of school.
I've heard that too about Burke handing out the presents.
You would think she would have been able to recognize her own families names and at least know the days of the week to look at by age 6.

narlacat said:
I thought pre school and kindergarten were two differrent thinngs. Kindergarten is the first year of school.
I've heard that too about Burke handing out the presents.
You would think she would have been able to recognize her own families names and at least know the days of the week to look at by age 6.

first grade the first year of school.....and kindergarten fun time, but nowadays it's not the same as when I went to school. There might have been other writing on the labels Burke helped with--ie: little messages besides the names.

She might have known the days of the week----it's one question I thought the cops should have asked Patsy.

Maikai said:
Except even the larger size is pretty small, and since the larger ones were in her drawer, the size just wasn't noticed. OR...the thought occurred to me the perp took them out of the package. It just makes me wonder how the right day ended up on her,
But why would he/she bother?

sandraladeda said:
But why would he/she bother?

Spot on! Why bother if you are just another deranged nasty domestic abductor.

Whose gonna bother whether JonBenet is wearing underwear, particularly to bed, since we all know she as a bed wetting problem.

So whats the big deal about wiping her down, and placing a clean pair on her, why bother hiding what will become an obvious sexual assault, staged or not?

And if you are Mommy why not fetch a pair of her normal size from her bathroom where they were kept, the size-12's were in her bedroom, not only would that look normal, but would probably never be noticed or remarked upon in the aftermath.

For me it looks as if the person who assaulted her was not the same person who re-dresssed her, e.g. their motives may have been different, that is one is attempting to remove forensic evidence and another is staging forensic evidence.

Its as if the wine-cellar staging had more than one phase and aspects were tweaked at a later stage to make her final appearance more consistent with the ransom note?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back