• ICA will receive 10 years or less

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • ICA will receive time served

Votes: 8 1.0%
  • CA/GA/LA or some other witness will face criminal procedings

Votes: 65 8.0%
  • Hung Jury and a Mis-trial

Votes: 18 2.2%
  • Mister Baez will have sanctions and a bar report.

Votes: 56 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a final twist to this bizarre case, Perry Mason will walk into the courtroom and point out the REAL KILLER!!!!!!

Casey is being tried for seven counts or charges - highly unlikely IMO she is gonna walk.

ORLANDO --
There are seven charges or counts in this case. Each count must stand on its own during jury deliberations. If Casey Anthony is convicted of each charge, she will be sentenced for all convictions at the same time, and while she has to be sentenced for each charge, the judge does not have to give her jail time for each charge.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/july/273571/Casey-Anthony:-The-charges-against-her

I think she will get LWOP and will become penpals with Scott Peterson and they will write each other twisted sick sex letters and maybe get married.

I'm skeered that it won't be as tough as it should be.

I agree with you.

I haven't really had the time to follow this case plus the family drama was off putting; I wish this much attention was given to Susan Powell/Hailey Dunn/Zahra Baker's cases, perhaps there would be better outcomes for those families.

That said, ICA is a pathetic 'girl' [obviously that rose bloomed a loooong time ago] who wanted what was out of her grasp. She wanted the Paris Hilton lifestyle BUT was not rich/attractive/successful. She was just a desperate jerk who would never get noteriety except for this case. She is a wannabe who never was and, it appears, her daughter paid the price for ICA's delusions.

She comes into the courtroom dressed like a parochial school girl, a very effective move by her DT, in an attempt to downplay her party girl/murderer persona. Did they plant doubt? It only takes ONE juror.

IMHO

ETA: This is a case in Nevada of a mother who murdered her son, her sentence on Thursday was life sentence, eligible for parole in 20 years. Warning VERY graphic account of child's murder/injuries

http://www.rgj.com/comments/article...-mother-gets-life-sentence-torture-death-baby

I voted LWOP

After seeing this absurd defense, trying to blame it all on GA and wanting ICA to go free, I'd like to see her suffer every day of her life until she is taken out in a pine box...

After hearing of allllll those animals that died in that home and Ohio home, I'm wondering if ICA is the one responsible for their demise. It appears to me that ICA is a sociopath and would not be a functioning member of society..After that horrendous defense, ICA still will not take any responsbility for her actions and continues to show no remorse for anyone but herself...She's damned and should have accepted that plea...but her arrogant nature she feels she is smarter than the average Joe...she will be lucky to get LWOP, if not the ultimate sanction...JMHO

Justice for Caylee
I was shocked to hear of allll the animals that have died under their care. It sure seemed like an awful lot and it got me to thinking that murderers DO mostly start off with small animals. Not only that, but it's creepy that ica seemed to dispose of little Caylee the same way....minus the duct tape. moo
I believe she will receive LWOP, but I would love to be wrong and see her get the DP.

I love your avatar pic of Caylee and finally decided to "save" it and something unusual happened. While your av came up with numbers and such, I started to change the name to just Caylee and right under where I typed Caylee popped up "Caylee and Jesus"!! I've never had that happen before with any other "saved"pics!

Thank all of you for setting me straight. I live near Dayton, Ohio where the China Arnold case has been tried for the third time. She was given the death sentence the first time and the last time life in prison. She is appealing that also. She is the woman who put her baby in the microwave! I guess I am a little jaded by that case.

That is just waaayyyy too sick. I'm afraid to read up on that. How HORRIBLE! :cry:

Here is my thinking in regards to the theory of a possible accidental drowning, which I believe is logical....

For sake of argument, let's assume that Caylee DID climb the ladder and fall in the pool resulting in a fatal drowning.

It has been well established by SA, as well as the writing/texting/etc of KC, that she was overwhelmed and conflicted with the responsibility of mothering duties when she desperately wanted to live another lifestyle.

It is also very obvious at this point that she displays MANY characteristics of a sociopath.

An accidental drowning would have been a "win win" for her.

She would have been relieved of future mothering skills. through NO criminal activity on her part.

The ensuing attention and compassion from her "friends" and "boyfriend" would have fed her incredible need to be the center of attention..."poor KC"...

I do not believe she had fear of either GA or CA....

There would have been a brief period (for her anyway) when she would have to appear to be the severly grieving mother, but then the Bella Vida would begin!

So if this "accident" would have been a sudden coup in solving all her problems without it being HER FAULT...

Why would she feel the need for an elaborate coverup???

Excellent post. I think you're right, it would have been a win-win for her. I've asked myself the same question so many times, and I keep getting stuck on two things... First, Casey didn't really seem to think about the long term very much. For example, stealing the checks from her grandparents. She had to have known they'd eventually notice the missing money, but in the short term, her needs were met by stealing the money. So if Casey had plans that night that she was really excited about, I can actually see her being annoyed by the inconvenience of having to miss her date to deal with the aftermath of an accident and just hiding the body to deal with later. Who knows, maybe she thought she could just put Caylee back in the pool the next day and deal with it then. admittedly, even that is a bit of a stretch, so my second thought was that narcissists and sociopaths lack the ability to empathize with other people. Empathy is important because it lets us predict how other people will react to a given situation by imaging how we would feel if we were in that same situation. People who lack empathy learn to mimic this behavior, but they're really bad at predicting how people will respond to uncommon or unusual events. We know we would ultimately sympathize with a mother who's child had died in an accidental drowning because we know how heartbroken we would be if that happened to someone we loved, but would Casey understand that? Or would she fear that somehow people would blame her and turn away from her? That might be enough for her to try and hide the body.

For the record, I don't think this is what actually happened, just examining the hypotheticals. MOO

Here is my thinking in regards to the theory of a possible accidental drowning, which I believe is logical....

For sake of argument, let's assume that Caylee DID climb the ladder and fall in the pool resulting in a fatal drowning.

It has been well established by SA, as well as the writing/texting/etc of KC, that she was overwhelmed and conflicted with the responsibility of mothering duties when she desperately wanted to live another lifestyle.

It is also very obvious at this point that she displays MANY characteristics of a sociopath.

An accidental drowning would have been a "win win" for her.

She would have been relieved of future mothering skills. through NO criminal activity on her part.

The ensuing attention and compassion from her "friends" and "boyfriend" would have fed her incredible need to be the center of attention..."poor KC"...

I do not believe she had fear of either GA or CA....

There would have been a brief period (for her anyway) when she would have to appear to be the severly grieving mother, but then the Bella Vida would begin!

So if this "accident" would have been a sudden coup in solving all her problems without it being HER FAULT...

Why would she feel the need for an elaborate coverup???

BBM.

Bingo. "Absolutely."

Well, its almost over, (If HH has anything to say about it.) what do you see as the end result of this trial?

1. ICA will walk out a free person

2. ICA will receive the ultimate sanction (Death)

3. ICA will receive LWOP

4. ICA will receive 40 or less years

5. ICA will receive 30 or less years

6 ICA will receive 20 or less years

7. ICA will receive 10 or less.

8. ICA will receive time served

9. CA/GA/LA or some other witness will face criminal proceedings

Feel free to write in your thoughts as there isn't an "Other" option listed.

I changed mine to 30 years, lesser sentence - not sure if the State has proved 1st degree-

I really don't like that juror. Would she rather all criminals, rapist and killers, walk around freely with an IOU until judgement day? :maddening: She better not mess this up and cause a hung jury!

I was shocked to hear of allll the animals that have died under their care. It sure seemed like an awful lot and it got me to thinking that murderers DO mostly start off with small animals. Not only that, but it's creepy that ica seemed to dispose of little Caylee the same way....minus the duct tape. moo

I love your avatar pic of Caylee and finally decided to "save" it and something unusual happened. While your av came up with numbers and such, I started to change the name to just Caylee and right under where I typed Caylee popped up "Caylee and Jesus"!! I've never had that happen before with any other "saved"pics!

Thank all of you for setting me straight. I live near Dayton, Ohio where the China Arnold case has been tried for the third time. She was given the death sentence the first time and the last time life in prison. She appealing that also. She is the woman who put her baby in the microwave! I guess I am a little jaded by that case.

color=purple]That is just waaayyyy too sick. I'm afraid to read up on that. How HORRIBLE! [/color]:cry:

Putting a baby in the microwave, wth is wrong with people. I think this sick b**ch's sentence should include being put to death IN A MICROWAVE. OMG I wish I wouldn't have read this, I feel sick. That poor child. Our judicial system better get a lot tougher on these freakin wack jobs who hurt children!!

I am curious to know if the jury will get into the deliberation room and decide to take a vote right away just to see what everyone thinks. If they do, and they all happen to think she is guilty, will they be required to take the time to go through the evidence. In other words, if they come right out and with a verdict, will the judge send them back in to deliberate further? I don't think they will come right out, but you never know.

Excellent post. I think you're right, it would have been a win-win for her. I've asked myself the same question so many times, and I keep getting stuck on two things... First, Casey didn't really seem to think about the long term very much. For example, stealing the checks from her grandparents. She had to have known they'd eventually notice the missing money, but in the short term, her needs were met by stealing the money. So if Casey had plans that night that she was really excited about, I can actually see her being annoyed by the inconvenience of having to miss her date to deal with the aftermath of an accident and just hiding the body to deal with later. Who knows, maybe she thought she could just put Caylee back in the pool the next day and deal with it then. admittedly, even that is a bit of a stretch, so my second thought was that narcissists and sociopaths lack the ability to empathize with other people. Empathy is important because it lets us predict how other people will react to a given situation by imaging how we would feel if we were in that same situation. People who lack empathy learn to mimic this behavior, but they're really bad at predicting how people will respond to uncommon or unusual events. We know we would ultimately sympathize with a mother who's child had died in an accidental drowning because we know how heartbroken we would be if that happened to someone we loved, but would Casey understand that? Or would she fear that somehow people would blame her and turn away from her? That might be enough for her to try and hide the body.

For the record, I don't think this is what actually happened, just examining the hypotheticals. MOO

EXCELLENT alternate theory!!!

Now you have given me something else to ponder.....

I voted the death penalty. I honestly believe that when the jury gets to deliberate that true human emotion, logic, and fact finding will come to fruition and that they will see the pre-meditation. At least this is what I hope, LWOP is doable as well.

The only thing I can say is if Casey gets off with that lawyer and that story I will feel free to do whatever I want whenever I want to. I won't have a hard time coming up with a better lawyer and a better story. I'm personally baffled that people think someone would not report their child missing, lie about everything related to her child's disappearance and do anything BUT help find her and not be guilty when you look at the other evidence. Unbelievable.

I think there probably are one or two on the jury who will either:

1)Be unable to deliberate logically and see reasonable doubt at every turn.

2)Be unwilling to accept that an attractive young mother is capable of murder.

3)Be too confused, and too paralyzed with the thought of making a mistake, to vote for DP or LWOP.

So I think she will be convicted of murder and sentenced to 20 years.

Right - Scott Peterson was rather young too. There are many young men/women on DR throughout the country.

I just don't know -- Your Honour has the ultimate decision (if they come back with the ultimate penalty). He decides if it's LWOP or the DP (from what I understand).

He may just surprise us -- he has sentenced someone to death before, and even attended a death.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. Thanks.

MOO

Mel

Thanks for this Info.. This is something I have thought about and wondered about, especially last week or so as it was winding to a close of the trial..

So, I' m glad to see he has not only sentenced a convicted individual to the Death Penalty, but he has even attended an actual inmates execution on death penalty case..

A couple of us earlier in the week when the TGIF waiter flipped Ashton the bird in open court and JP did not hesitate, beat around a bffush, nor treat with leniency or just a public humiliation Of a tongue lashing on live television..

No playing around whatsoever for JP for something mild in comparison to Casey murdering Caylee.. Server immediately hand cuffed and taken into custody to spend 6 days in jail and 600+ in court cost and fines..

It was discussed that we sure hoped that Casey was paying close Attn and that she ought to be getting worried about JP with the no nonsense, hard hitting sentences handed down on those found to be guilty in his courtroom..

I can't get pass 1st degree. If this was an accident...then there was NO reason to hide her body. She hid Caylee's body because she knew test results would show how Caylee died.

There is one witness that still puzzles me to this day. LA's fiance MP. I get that when people saw ICA and Caylee together that she appeared to be normal. I just didn't understand why she was so emotional when she testified. It was brief and they never asked her anything sinister.

Am I just cold-hearted or does anyone else have a take on why she didn't just say "When I saw them together, she was loving to Caylee."

It will be in the hands of the jury...that scares me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member