When was the last time Lisa was seen alive

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not for nothing, but something that has always bothered me is that in the beginning the picture that was released was of an infant Lisa, and not a 10 month old Lisa...Why oh WHY would they give an infant pic? If i am to believe that a 10 month old is missing and to BOLO...then showing a pic of an infant whos appearence has certainly changed in 10 months, is useless. JMO.

I have read, and also believe it to be true, that you should take a picture of your child once a month because they change so rapidly. Especially in this day and age, when kidnapping/child murders are becoming so common. This gives LE a step-up in finding them.

I think since DB's son is about six (not sure about this) or so, Baby Lisa would almost be a "first" (especially since she was a girl and DB could name her after her deceased mother). Wouldn't this be enough reason to take lots of pictures. However, it is difficult to fit in photography when you have to balance that with your "adult time."

I have read, and also believe it to be true, that you should take a picture of your child once a month because they change so rapidly. Especially in this day and age, when kidnapping/child murders are becoming so common. This gives LE a step-up in finding them.

I think since DB's son is about six (not sure about this) or so, Baby Lisa would almost be a "first" (especially since she was a girl and DB could name her after her deceased mother). Wouldn't this be enough reason to take lots of pictures. However, it is difficult to fit in photography when you have to balance that with your "adult time."

Please tell me how many pictures they have of Baby Lisa. I really don't know and since you seem to, I would like to hear it.

I know the picture thing is pretty OT for this thread, but I did want to give my opinion on it.

I have 2 children, 19 months apart. I do have far less pics of my 2nd, I had PPD with him and just didn't take as many pictures. Not to mention how incredibly busy I was having 2 young children that required a lot of attention. I'm still quite sure that I haven't gone a week without taking a picture of both kids.

Please tell me how many pictures they have of Baby Lisa. I really don't know and since you seem to, I would like to hear it.

Well, how many have we seen? This was a hot news story, why not put every picture you had of your child out there. I know I would!

Well, how many have we seen? This was a hot news story, why not put every picture you had of your child out there. I know I would!

How many pictures does one need, to look for a missing baby? A few? Five hundred? You only need the few and I doubt newspapers and news shows are going to post the 500 hundred anyway.

How many pictures does one need, to look for a missing baby? A few? Five hundred? You only need the few and I doubt newspapers and news shows are going to post the 500 hundred anyway.

<modsnip> If it were me, and my baby was missing, I would give the press every picture I had. I would be searching and meeting with the LE SEPARATELY, without my husband (since that is what LE wants) and I would insist my husband do the same.
And, believe me he would, or there would be hell to pay!

<modsnip>

BBM. I can answer this. I have all of the pictures of Lisa I could find saved on my computer. I may be missing one or two, but I've worked hard to collect them and to the best of my knowledge I have them all. There are 76.

36 of those photos are Lisa when she was between the ages of around 5-10 months.
12 are photos of Lisa when she was a tiny infant.
3 of the photos are Lisa with Deborah.
9 of the photos are Lisa with Jeremy.
16 of them are her with her brothers and various other family members.

I don't think we can say that because there have been 76 pictures of Lisa shown in the media, it means that D&J only took 76 pictures. The media is very weird when it comes to showing pictures of missing/murdered children. The media definitely does not show all 76 pictures equally; there seems to be a few that they show more frequently.

Now in the JonBenet case, all of her pageant photos and videos are owned by an image agency. EVERY TIME, the media uses a picture, they have to pay a licensing fee. I'm pretty sure that the photographers who took the pictures also still make money whenever it's used. So what I wonder is...When the media bought the pictures from D&J, did they give them a one-time money amount or do they get checks in the mail every time a picture is used? Did they get to choose between those two options?

If they've got a digital camera, for every published photograph there could be a lot of nearly similar snapshots taken in the same situation looking for that one perfect photo. It would make sense to publish the best one and not the 20 identical photos in which she has her eyes closed or turned her head just at the wrong moment. I've got literally thousands of photos of my babies but only a small fraction of those would be considered worthy of publishing .

So there are 76 pictures of Lisa out there, how much do we think the media paid for each one? How much have the parents made in all? Would different pictures be worth different monetary amounts? I don't think it would be hard for the media to purchase those pictures at a much lower price than what they are really worth, yet what would still be a lot of money to D&J.

So there are 76 pictures of Lisa out there, how much do we think the media paid for each one? How much have the parents made in all? Would different pictures be worth different monetary amounts? I don't think it would be hard for the media to purchase those pictures at a much lower price than what they are really worth, yet what would still be a lot of money to D&J.

BBM

If my child were missing I'd be more concerned about getting every recent picture on TV and distributed so that my child could be found. Recent pictures would be most helpful, pictures that are taken from various angles, etc. I would want my child found, not worry about how much money a picture is worth.

Lisa was 10 months when she went missing, she'd now be 18 months old. She's probably changed a lot, slimmed down since she started walking, hair starting to grow, teeth coming in, face taking on more profound features. As a parent I would be inclined to release pics of myself and my husband at the age of the missing child to show what she might look like now.

My 4 y/o looks nothing like she did at 10 months, but looks identical to what I did at 4.

If their child was truly missing, you'd think they'd be doing more to find her.

I cannot agree that the number of pictures of anyone is any measurement of love or how much any person is cherished. There are too many variables that influence photo documentation.

I do, however, agree that they could be significant if the use of any of them have been "sold" or exchanged for any kind of compensation. :twocents:

I wish the local media would do more active reporting in this case. It seems like they only report what is said in interviews, press conferences, and news release. Why doesn't the KC Star assign 1-2 journalists to this case?

I wish the local media would do more active reporting in this case. It seems like they only report what is said in interviews, press conferences, and news release. Why doesn't the KC Star assign 1-2 journalists to this case?

Isn't that because Deborah and Jeremy will not talk to the local media? So, they have nothing to report but what they hear elsewhere.

Local journalists can't pay them. The parents follow the money..

I used to follow this case at the beginning (9 months ago). I just stopped in to see if any new developments have taken place.........nope! I see the " Parents" are still working against LE and not out shouting from the roof tops that they have a baby missing.....disgusting is all I can say!!!!!

:seeya: I wish they would assign a "real investigative journalist" to this case : a journalist who is NOT afraid to go out there and DIG, and report what they find -- no matter what !

:waitasec: Do they even have "investigative journalists" any more ?

Deb and Jeremy have "shunned" the local on several occasions ...

Also, the local media does NOT pay for and provide :

- "5 Star Hotel Accommodations"
- "5 Star Restaurant Dining"
- Limousine Service
- Wardrobe, including Hair and Make-Up
- Big $$$$$ for "Licensing Fees" for the "photos"

All JMO and MOO ...

:moo:

I kind of wonder if the local media has stopped covering the case because they were shunned by D&J when the case was hot. Even when D&J talk, like with the debit card story, they seem to just give it the bare minimum of coverage. Also, local media has sources within LE so if they wanted, they could get some information.

There was a press conference back in October where a local reporter asked, "Why won't you talk to us? We will be here when the national media leaves." I didn't hear the question, but the person who was posting about it said that the local media was pissed. Then, whenever I watch/read anything about the case from the local media, they always mention about the deal the parents have with national media, how they won't talk to them, etc. Locals also said that the local media was always very nasty and rude to the parents, so we know that they don't like them.

It makes me wonder if the local media decided that since the parents decided they weren't important, they wouldn't act like the parents were important. If the parents talk, they'll write an article, spend 2 minutes on TV talking about it, because they are notorious residents of KC, but no more obsessing over the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ateen
Back