Where did the prosecution go wrong?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if she searched once or a hundred. The fact that they had an interet in HOW TO MAKE CHLOROFORM and there WAS evidence of chloroform in the car is suffficient evidence for me. I wonder if things would be different if Casey had searched for "how to buy a handgun" and they had found a bullet in her trunk.

ITA tennisgirlsc.........same identical thing. Why would ANYONE BE LOOKING UP CHLOROFORM unless they were up to no good. Some people (jury) need a 2 x 4 to get it.

If GA had found Caylee floating in the pool that morning would it be reasonable to believe that he would not have done CPR? I'm not sure how likely this is but would it be reasonable to believe that if GA had done CPR is it reasonable to believe that during the act of CPR he may have cracked some ribs? Sometimes the absence of evidence speaks loudly also. I also wondered about the chloroform. It seemed like there had been a very large amount in the trunk of the car. Did the prosecution establish that it could have come from Caylees body or it could have been poured in the trunk to cover up/destroy DNA?

I do not believe KC has been "lucky". On the surface, yes, she has slithered and slimed her way out of a murder conviction and the formal consequences for it our society has developed (incarceration).

So maybe she's been lucky "for now", but the real world is an uglier place for a relatively defenseless, petite female. KC is a kind of human parasite (I mean this scientifically), she's unable to live successfully without another's voluntary or involuntary support. She's crippled.

There are worse things than getting LWOP and "worldly" justice.

So when I think of luck, I don't think of KC. If she didn't have it coming, and practically asks for it by her behavior, I'd feel afraid for and sorry for her. She's been thrown to the wolves. She's one of the most UNfortunate people to litter the earth.

FCA obviously didn't have any feelings for Caylee, her parents, or anyone who searched for Caylee during the time she was 'supposedly' missing.

Think of all of those people who traveled hundreds of miles to traipse thru swamps looking for Caylee ... anyone of them could have been bitten and died from a snakebite.

Think of the OCSO investigators who she sent on wild goose chases ...

Think of her father and brother who she accused of sexual molestation to save herself ...

Think of Amy Huizenga who she stole from and told that she could move into the Anthony's house ...

Think of all of the FBI lab time wasted on her ...

Think of all of the taxpayer money (I'm one of them here in Orlando) that was wasted on her ...

It's all about her and will continue in her head to be that way. My only hope is that we ignore her and her quest for fame and money and treat her like trash ... the same way she treated Caylee as she threw her precious daughter in the swamp to rot.

Jayla, you made a good list, and I think a lot of it would have been relevant and helpful especially as to motive, but since most of it was hearsay, that was probably why they didn't even bother. Though, sometimes it gets in, so maybe they should have at least tried.

The state should've called TonyR to talk about how KC could not come have sex because of the snothead.

The SA did try to get the TonyR IMs into evidence, but Perry denied it. I don't really understand why since IMs aren't even hearsay.

I think the prosecution went wrong by being too confident and also by allowing these jurors on the jury. Most did not believe in the death penalty. They should have gotten all those people off with strikes. They hardly used their strikes. That was not a death qualified jury which is usually more prosecution oriented. They also made an error picking so many felons for the jurors. DUI folks, Druggies, Families of felons. They should have all been let go. Those types are again authority and believe it is shady. Bottom line, they let the wrong people on the jury and were overly confident that anyone would count her guilty. The case was also over charged with the death penalty. There was not enough hard core evidence to get the DP altho I would have voted for it. But for many people, no one could say defnitely anything about the case so it was not DP type of case.

If GA had found Caylee floating in the pool that morning would it be reasonable to believe that he would not have done CPR? I'm not sure how likely this is but would it be reasonable to believe that if GA had done CPR is it reasonable to believe that during the act of CPR he may have cracked some ribs? Sometimes the absence of evidence speaks loudly also. I also wondered about the chloroform. It seemed like there had been a very large amount in the trunk of the car. Did the prosecution establish that it could have come from Caylees body or it could have been poured in the trunk to cover up/destroy DNA?

They found all the ribs but none were broken so that's blows that theory.

Would it be reasonable to assume that the chloroform did not come from Caylee's body since there was chloroform searches done on the computer when CASEY was home?

I think your scenario is not very likely but.......interesting.

I think the prosecution went wrong by being too confident and also by allowing these jurors on the jury. Most did not believe in the death penalty. They should have gotten all those people off with strikes. They hardly used their strikes. That was not a death qualified jury which is usually more prosecution oriented. They also made an error picking so many felons for the jurors. DUI folks, Druggies, Families of felons. They should have all been let go. Those types are again authority and believe it is shady. Bottom line, they let the wrong people on the jury and were overly confident that anyone would count her guilty. The case was also over charged with the death penalty. There was not enough hard core evidence to get the DP altho I would have voted for it. But for many people, no one could say defnitely anything about the case so it was not DP type of case.

BBM - I disagree. What they did have was like a trail of crumbs. Follow one to the other and ends up at the Suburban Dr. site. Timeline, phone pings, witness testimonies, expert evidence, all adds up to one thing. Let's face it, Casey herself thought she was going to be found guilty of first degree murder. She was shocked when she didn't get it. There were two lesser charges she could have gotten, but instead the wrong jury gave her a traffic ticket for lying to police officers. A little sarcasm there as the 4 charges for lying in my estimation added up to that. With time served and time off for good behavior, she got off.......plain and simple. I didn't like the verdict. I'm not over it but, I've gotten a load of education out of this regarding our justice system as to why it "should" work and why it "didn't". To believe that no one could say definitely anything about the case is a falacy IMO. It was circumstantial evidence. You don't need a video of the criminal act to come to your conclusion. From what was presented to them, the jury was supposed to connect one dot to the other. It's apparant to me, they were under the same impression and didn't know what "circumstantial" meant. They failed the justice system, Caylee, and about 70% of the world's population that has followed this case. To accept the verdict they passed down to Casey is unforgiveable IMO. I waited for OJ to show back up in the news and was sure he would get off in his Vegas caper. It was a fine day to see him get sentenced for his crime and now I'll wait for Casey to show back up in the news. The truth always comes back around.

IMO if GA had found Caylee in the pool he would have done CPR and it's likely he would have broken/cracked some ribs. All the ribs were recovered with no damage so it could be proof that GA was not involved. Sounds slim but not as far fetched as the DT fairy tale.
A fatal oral dose of chloroform may be as low as 10ml which is 1 TBSP..I measured.
Chloroform has a "deliciousness of flavor"
Bleach-acetone-isopropyl alcohol...some of the items used to make chloroform..items that showed up on computer search?
Chloroform was abandoned in favor of ETHER upon discovery of it's toxicity tendency to cause fatal "cardiac arrhythmia"..termed.."sudden sniffers death"
My father used ether to spray in carburators ...I myself would not connect ether to chloroform. When Tracy asked FICA about chloroform she said...oh, ether...?
There was a large amount of chloroform found in the trunk. If it was inhaled by a child and then the child was put in the trunk, did the prosecution prove it would cause a high amount to be found in the trunk?
I guess what I'm trying to say is IMO I believe FICA had chloroform and used it on Caylee. She could have inhaled it, drank it, it could then have been poured in the trunk to destroy evidence, mask a smell..whatever. IMO since there was such a high level found it would convince me that FICA did use chloroform. Maybe Caylee inhaled it, maybe Caylee got a hold of the container and drank it. Everyone has gotten stuck on the drowning which there is no proof of but it's also common for kids to drink things harmful to them especially if things are put in containers such as a "gatorade bottle"...found at dump site.

Jayla, you made a good list, and I think a lot of it would have been relevant and helpful especially as to motive, but since most of it was hearsay, that was probably why they didn't even bother. Though, sometimes it gets in, so maybe they should have at least tried.

The SA did try to get the TonyR IMs into evidence, but Perry denied it. I don't really understand why since IMs aren't even hearsay.

Yeah, if they even got to the hearsay objection before hollering about how prejudicial it all is!

I thought the prosecution did the best job they could. Where do you all think they went wrong? Was the jury listening to the same trial we were listening to?????

IMO, the prosecution went wrong when the jury was selected and with the charges. I have heard reports from people in the courthouse who said the jury didn't always pay that much attention to the evidence being presented. They didn't take many notes. But, the main problem I have with the jury is the amount of time it took them to come to a verdict. There is no way a responsible person could have really considered everything presented in that amount of time. I feel they were lazy (or not that intelligent), and just wanted to go home, and I don't think they really understood what reasonable doubt meant. And it always disturbs me when the jury says afterwards that they didn't like their verdict, but they didn't know what else to do. Well, first suggestion would be to ask the judge some questions, etc. Didn't happen. This has been very disturbing to me.

Hi everyone! I've been reading the forum for the past few weeks and now seems like as good a time as any to chime in. =) In reference to the original post...

I remember watching the closing arguments, thinking Baez was raising some good points albeit in a very fumbling, inarticulate way. He planted some doubt in my mind as to whether or not I could have actually convicted, although I feel Casey Anthony is almost certainly guilty. The bit about the chloroform searches being related to MySpace, and his claim that the prosecution's witness gave incorrect testimony were interesting, but I assumed he was just throwing out whatever he could, no matter how outlandish. I also assumed that whatever good points he did raise were counteracted by his terrible public speaking skills, and that Ashton would have an explanation. However...

I did a 180 on my opinion of the prosecution soon after--during their rebuttal. They never mentioned that computer search. Never refuted Baez's claim. That was the most damaging thing he said, and they let it fly...no way they forgot. They clearly left it out on purpose--they otherwise had a brilliantly prepared argument.

Once they revealed themselves as dishonest, I lost my respect for them. And that was right after the laughing incident. Ashton did more for Casey's defense than Baez if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay