Where is Casey? (All things related to FCA's location) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bet all Orange County officials just want her gone, gone, gone. And I'll bet they are also hoping that when she reoffends, it will be in another jurisdiction.

IMHO, I think the SA is calling sour grapes. Sorry, but that's my opinion. Why should the CFCMA have to pay because they decided to go forward with the death penalty and didn't win their case? Okay, so if they had won, she'd be in prison. But because the 12 jurors found her not-guilty, the SA is going to make her pay for their court case? Did she ask them to call all those experts? NO. Did she ask them to go out and get depos? NO. Did she ask them to hire a plethora of attorneys? NO.

IMHO she can pay for the crimes she was convited of -- lying. The rest is water under the bridge. I think this is the worst lawsuit ever (if the SA is going that route). Let's see - I couldn't put you in jail, so I'll go after your pocketbook instead.

Again - just my opinon. Thanks.

Mel

But the state is not asking (nor would they) that they be reimbursed for all costs in preparing their case and bringing her to trial ... not at all ...
The costs being compiled now are the costs associated with the lying charges that she was found guilty of, period ... and that's turning out to be a very big sum

The costs being tallied are for the investigation costs incurred based on KC's lies about Caylee being kidnapped and missing ... probably including the costs for prosecuting her on those charges alone

Had she been found guilty of murder, she would also have had to pay all costs associated with her case and bringing her to trial which would include witnesses, depositions, hearings ... etc., etc. ....

Similarly, TES is suing her for the costs incurred by them to search for a missing Caylee based on KC's lies about kidnapping etc. ... Simply, Caylee was never missing and KC should have to pay for all expenses incurred ...

She and her family created this whole tragic circus and should be held accountable for their deception ... NO ONE should get away with that, not even the Anthonys ... IMO

Exactly ... The whole point is, if FCA is claiming accident and that she/they knew Caylee was dead from June 16 onwards then a LOT of time, resources and money was spent because FCA chose to sit in jail for 3 years and not reveal it was an accident.

I think in most cases when a person is pleading "not guilty", they could be accused of forcing the state to prosecute them and therefore run up charges. And by Dec 2008, they felt Caylee had been murdered so were going to try here anyway, no matter what she said at that point. I think they may have a case for charges frm June-Dec, but not for the trial itself. They knew by then that Caylee had been murdered, no reason Casey should pay for them to prove it.

Yes... $500,000 to pose nude.

Yeah, cuz she's just smokin' hot. :floorlaugh:
advertising.jpg

ACK OLG my eyes my eyes! :D heh.

KC won't be able to complete probation. She won't. LOL man I needed this news today. I had a kerfunkle sort of day here :)

The media really needs to get their facts straight on this probation business.
In order for any probation to be enforced the State Attorney would have to take action, then Judge Perry would get involved.
The SA has already said he is not going to pursue any probation challenge.

http://www.wesh.com/r/28705385/detail.html

State Attorney Won't Challenge Casey Probation

Spokesman: DOC Policy Allows Probation In Jail

Quote:
A spokesman for the state attorney's office told WESH 2 News it will not challenge Casey Anthony's probation status.

That probation sentence is not happening now.

After Anthony's acquittal on murder and manslaughter charges, the conditions of her probation were apparently misinterpreted by the Department of Corrections, paving the way for Anthony's release.

At this point nothing could convince me that this chick hasn't sold her soul to the devil. She's a freakin' "golden child" getting away with murder, getting out of probation, possibly making millions...geesh she should play the lotto...no doubt she'd win.:banghead:

I don't know much about bankruptcy but couldn't it be considered fraud for her to file knowing she's about to get a huge pay day?

Also can a bankruptcy judge reject her claim?

TIA!

Good point Mem.
The only thing I know about bankruptcy is what I learned when we had to file for a Chapter 11 last year. First we had to qualify for a bankruptcy. The courts use some type of schedule or something that shows your assets compared to your debt, to see if you are indeed in need of a bankruptcy protection.

Then, there is paperwork ten miles high. You not only have to declare what you've got and what you owe, but also what you are getting in the future, if it's known - like an inheritence, winnings, settlements from lawsuits.

And the biggest thing of all and it's written in stone - bankruptcy can not erase what you owe to the Federal IRS.

I never thought we would ever face a bankruptcy but after my husband lost his job and was out of work for a year, it was the only option we had and I am very glad it was there as a starting over point.

The rules are strict and just being broke isn't a condition for being able to file. It takes an average of six months for a bankruptcy to be declared by the courts.
jmo

IMHO, I think the SA is calling sour grapes. Sorry, but that's my opinion. Why should the CFCMA have to pay because they decided to go forward with the death penalty and didn't win their case? Okay, so if they had won, she'd be in prison. But because the 12 jurors found her not-guilty, the SA is going to make her pay for their court case? Did she ask them to call all those experts? NO. Did she ask them to go out and get depos? NO. Did she ask them to hire a plethora of attorneys? NO.

IMHO she can pay for the crimes she was convited of -- lying. The rest is water under the bridge. I think this is the worst lawsuit ever (if the SA is going that route). Let's see - I couldn't put you in jail, so I'll go after your pocketbook instead.

Mel

Mel, as I understand it most of the cost the State wants to impose on Casey Anthony is for the searching and expenses that went into trying to find Caylee, who we now are supposed to believe (via her defense team) was never missing but died in a drowning accident.

Although I respect your opinion, an extensive and time consuming search was done for Caylee who her mother claimed was taken and further refused pleas from the officials to lend any knowledge to her daughter's whereabouts. I would hardly call those facts "water under the bridge."
jmo

Good point Mem.
The only thing I know about bankruptcy is what I learned when we had to file for a Chapter 11 last year. First we had to qualify for a bankruptcy. The courts use some type of schedule or something that shows your assets compared to your debt, to see if you are indeed in need of a bankruptcy protection.

Then, there is paperwork ten miles high. You not only have to declare what you've got and what you owe, but also what you are getting in the future, if it's known - like an inheritence, winnings, settlements from lawsuits.

And the biggest thing of all and it's written in stone - bankruptcy can not erase what you owe to the Federal IRS.

I never thought we would ever face a bankruptcy but after my husband lost his job and was out of work for a year, it was the only option we had and I am very glad it was there as a starting over point.

The rules are strict and just being broke isn't a condition for being able to file. It takes an average of six months for a bankruptcy to be declared by the courts.
jmo

BBM: The reason for this is because during that six months, if anything changes making the filer not eligible for bankruptcy relief, the final discharge will not go through.

Casey cannot file for bankruptcy relief and then go out and do a paid interview and keep that money. It's similar to making a large purchase just prior to filing--it's not allowed, and the federal courts look very closely at these things. Even if she tried to funnel the income through accounts in someone else's name, if the bankruptcy court is diligent this will not fly.

She might get away with doing that to avoid paying judgments that might arise from lawsuits against her but, if she lies or does anything underhanded in a bankruptcy petition the feds will go after her, and it won't be pretty.

Was SO hurt for Caylee. But now that Mom's attorney (lovah?) is shopping around for the BEST deal makes my actual soul hurt...if that can be. Apparently it can because it is.

Never thought that the state could prove 1st degree murder, but surely 2nd or manslaugther.

And now she/they are shopping for a deal? Being a lady I will no longer speak of justice, nor the reap what you sow part. May she burn in HE!!...that would be Casey, jic

I sincerely hope that ANY monies she can possibly make will go toward her 'defense' team, AND bodyguards for the rest of her natural life.
Which will take ALL. Or, so I hope.

AND toward the Zani the nanny fund---it's not over yet! Thank God
NO, there's no not taking the stand in the civil court.
Wages since, and for the rest of Xenaida F Gonzales' life would be an excellent remedy. (now you're just stuck w/Casey Mr Baez, LOL how good it that? lmbo)

BBM: The reason for this is because during that six months, if anything changes making the filer not eligible for bankruptcy relief, the final discharge will not go through.

Casey cannot file for bankruptcy relief and then go out and do a paid interview and keep that money. It's similar to making a large purchase just prior to filing--it's not allowed, and the federal courts look very closely at these things. Even if she tried to funnel the income through accounts in someone else's name, if the bankruptcy court is diligent this will not fly.

She might get away with doing that to avoid paying judgments that might arise from lawsuits against her but, if she lies or does anything underhanded in a bankruptcy petition the feds will go after her, and it won't be pretty.

I am sure Baez/KC money machine will try any of the many loop holes that exists. Including accounts outside the country. Heck, they might even set up a non profit foundation for the rehabilitation of folks released from jail. With KC as their only charity case.:floorlaugh:

I am sure Baez/KC money machine will try any of the many loop holes that exists. Including accounts outside the country. Heck, they might even set up a non profit foundation for the rehabilitation of folks released from jail. With KC as their only charity case.:floorlaugh:

Oh, I agree, they will come up with something. It just sort of seems like they will never be rid of Casey, ever. She will be dependent on them for survival and they will be dependent on her for money. At some point maybe one or the other will need to make a run for it, for any of a variety of reasons. Casey likes to party and she will want to run with a crowd her own age at some point but I am not sure Baez or whoever her main keeper will be down the road would be able to allow that. Casey could actually be in danger if she were out and about, and I don't think that threat will go away for quite some time. Some people can harbor grudges for many years.

Casey must be getting access to a car if they are now trying to get suspension of her driver's license withdrawn. Casey out driving around...hmmm...can't help but think she will be seen in the clubs before too long. I don't think she will be able to resist the urge.

Mel

..the SAO didn't file b/c "they didn't win their case".

..the filing by LDB-------as stated here:
http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/High-Profile-Cases/Anthony/Downloads/MST13B6.pdf
----2011.07.06 State of Florida's Motion for Special Court Costs & Investigation:

"Florida Statute 938.27(1) provides that in ALL criminal cases the cost of prosecution, including investigative costs by law enforcement agencies, shall be included and entered in the judgement.

A mandatory minimum.............the Statute also states that the Court may set a higher amount upon a showing of sufficient proof of higher costs incurred. FS 938.27(7) 938.27(8).

..clearly-----the costs incurred exceeded the mandatory minimum of $100.00 (X4) ------(as of today, the total is approx. $500,000.00).

..the LE portion only includes their expenses from july 15 (kidnapped /missing child)---december 11/2008.(remains found).

..IF-----kc had told them all along that caylee had drowned on june 16th/08-----LE would not have spent $$$$$'s looking for the nanny----looking for the kidnapped caylee----following 1000's of leads and "caylee sightings"----K9's in the yard/ at the car---etc.etc.etc...
..b/c of her lies--LE had to check out universal--jeff--juliet---and so on and so on.

..1/2 a MILLION $$$'s in expense b/c of her lies-----and she WAS convicted of those lies----------therefore, is REQUIRED (like any other criminal) to pay the costs of prosecution/LE investigation, per the Statute.

..in her case ---the costs are astronomical---( again her fault for dragging these lies out )--therefore a hearing will held to determine the amount she'll have to pay.

..it isn't "sour grapes"------it's the law.

..i do think that in any other case if a defendant is found guilty of lying (costs----$100.00 per count ) and the prosecution/investigation had exceeded that by a thousand $$'s , or 5 thousand, that the SAO let's it go.

..this case-----it's the taxpayers of Florida who paid out the 1/2 million-----of course LDB would proceed with the motion for additional costs.

( and not b/c it's kc anthony.)

The media really needs to get their facts straight on this probation business.
In order for any probation to be enforced the State Attorney would have to take action, then Judge Perry would get involved.
The SA has already said he is not going to pursue any probation challenge.

http://www.wesh.com/r/28705385/detail.html

State Attorney Won't Challenge Casey Probation

Spokesman: DOC Policy Allows Probation In Jail

Quote:
A spokesman for the state attorney's office told WESH 2 News it will not challenge Casey Anthony's probation status.

That probation sentence is not happening now.

After Anthony's acquittal on murder and manslaughter charges, the conditions of her probation were apparently misinterpreted by the Department of Corrections, paving the way for Anthony's release.
Well, then all that talk about DOC willing to enforce probation if JS files a motion of clarification is a bunch of hooey. Guess we'll have to wait and see on Monday.
I wondered who was behind bringing it to the attention of the DOC? If it was Rh...thanks ever so much!!

The verdict didnt wash KC clean - she is still who she is and no matter how much money there is - she will be mooching off someone forever because that is who she is a parasite... an adult incapable of living an independent life - there is no amount of therapy that will fix that . She has a serious character flaw and therapy cant do much about that either. There is no empathy implant.
She is not in life threatening danger that is DT crap.
You want to see her ---- turn off the media light - she will pop up faster than you
can say GO AWAY KC .
I personally will never listen to another word about any of the Anthonys - I'm done
JMO

Good point Mem.

jmo

I think court judgements are also exempt from a bankruptcy. I know child support is one court judgement that's exempt, but I think many, if not most, court judgements are exempt.

As far as a bankruptcy filing goes, it depends on what the Florida Laws are. Each state is a bit different. For instance, here you can lose your house and all equity to pay off debtors, not always usually only if you have a lot of equity in it. I don't think Florida does that.

Here Court costs and fines, child support, student loans, and taxes are not dischargeable. You have to pay them, and arrangements will be made. Even in a Chapter 7, which is the wipe all the credit cards, medical bills, etc... clean. If KC filed right now, she would file that Chapter as she has no job or income. She would have to come up with attorney fees and filing fees though. She would still owe taxes and Court costs and fines. Judgments, however, are dischargeable here. IDK about Florida.

According to my local news, she's right next door to me -- well, about 5 minutes away from me, anyway.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...casey-anthony-rumored-living-in-geauga-county

And the funny thing is, a few days ago, before reading this story, I was at Wal-Mart, and I parked next to this white car, and saw the lady driving it and said to myself, "that girl looks like Casey Anthony!" We don't have a Target here, so she'd have to settle for Walmart.

Oh, I agree, they will come up with something. It just sort of seems like they will never be rid of Casey, ever. She will be dependent on them for survival and they will be dependent on her for money. At some point maybe one or the other will need to make a run for it, for any of a variety of reasons. Casey likes to party and she will want to run with a crowd her own age at some point but I am not sure Baez or whoever her main keeper will be down the road would be able to allow that. Casey could actually be in danger if she were out and about, and I don't think that threat will go away for quite some time. Some people can harbor grudges for many years.

Casey must be getting access to a car if they are now trying to get suspension of her driver's license withdrawn. Casey out driving around...hmmm...can't help but think she will be seen in the clubs before too long. I don't think she will be able to resist the urge.

The move to have her driver's license reinstated may be just so she'll have a form of ID (for potential work at some point maybe?), as I suspect at the moment, she has none....although I suppose she had a SS# since she apparently did work for Kodak at one point. But otherwise, she probably has no 'picture' ID and as most Americans know, you can't do much of anything without one, and a driver's license in the standard form of that. JMO.

But yeah, if she gets it, and has access to a car, it will be hard for her keepers to keep her hidden. I'd bet by now she's really itching to GET OUT from wherever she's holed up. Must still feel like prison. JMO.

One more thought on that: I'd be hard pressed to believe that driving without a license would bother her anyway, if you catch my drift. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member