Where is CuddleCat?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone direct me to the article where kate McCann said that she had Cuddle cat at work? Why would a GP be in contact with cadavers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdee
Posted by Lucy_D on Mirror:

(rough translation from http://www.correiomanha.pt/not.....81&p=0)

"It roughly says that Kate has explained to the PJ that the cadaver odour is to do with her profession as a GP, having encountered a few cases of death (at least six she says) in her job prior to going on holiday to PDL. When asked about the scent of death on Cuddle Cat she says that's due to the same reason, as she takes the toy to work with her."

This was posted on another thread.

My understanding is that CuddleCat was not the birthday present, but Maddie's favorite toy to sleep with--the green ragdoll purchased after she went missing (green for "hope for Maddie") was the birthday present.

I'll have to dig back through threads to find the news article that mentioned both, it was last week and that was many articles ago now.

If it was Maddies favourite toy why wasnt it with Maddie...why would Kate have it with her at work while dealing with dead bodies....this is bizzarre to say the least.
Even if it was a bday present I still dont see why Kate would be carrying it around with her.....most mums I know dont wear their kids toys out before the kid gets them.

If it was Maddies favourite toy why wasnt it with Maddie...why would Kate have it with her at work while dealing with dead bodies....this is bizzarre to say the least.
Even if it was a bday present I still dont see why Kate would be carrying it around with her.....most mums I know dont wear their kids toys out before the kid gets them.

Exactly. Even Kate saying that she would have cadaver odor on the clothes she took on vacation--what kind of clothes does she wear to work, that she also takes on vacation? Wouldn't you love to have a cadaver dog in the homes of every doctor who does the same line of work and see if they also alert at the clothing?

I sure would.

That would be an interesting test Texana..I wonder if anyone one has thought of doing it.

That would be an interesting test Texana..I wonder if anyone one has thought of doing it.

Sure would be nice to know how many other doctors come home with cadaver scent permeating their clothes and belongings.

Do doctors in the UK not wear scrubs as much as doctors in the U.S.? Does Kate McCann really take clothes she wears to work on vacation with her--and does the scent remain?

I bet Quantico knows but isn't talking. ;)

This is going to get interesting......

My understanding is that CuddleCat was not the birthday present, but Maddie's favorite toy to sleep with--the green ragdoll purchased after she went missing (green for "hope for Maddie") was the birthday present.

Ewww yeah that's lovely. That's a great thought, you know, bring your kid's favorite sleeping toy to work and make sure it comes into contact with a bunch (didn't she say 6?) of dead bodies. Then tuck said toy in with your toddler at night. Eh, SSDD, no?

Sure would be nice to know how many other doctors come home with cadaver scent permeating their clothes and belongings.

Do doctors in the UK not wear scrubs as much as doctors in the U.S.? Does Kate McCann really take clothes she wears to work on vacation with her--and does the scent remain?

I bet Quantico knows but isn't talking. ;)

Yeah and does she not take a bath or wash them? Geez, I am a nurse, and I have a COMPUTERIZED washing machine with a santitation cycle... and I don't play with dead bodies. And I wear scrubs!

Before I read this thread, I was thinking that the stuffed animal was probably with Maddy's body when they removed it from the apartment. That's why the dogs hit on it. Perhaps, they took it in the rented car and to their new apartment that they rented before they figured out it was the stuffed animal with Maddy's smell on it that was alerting the dogs.

! Yes! I believe you're right, nanandjim. She was dragging that silly cat around, perhaps with something else that was in contact with Maddie for a length of time. A blanket perhaps? And Kate didn't want to toss them out. Dragged them to the new apartment as you theorize, and piled them into the trunk of the car.

The odd coincidence of the [cadaver] dog, chasing a [toy] cat is not lost on me.

Yeah and does she not take a bath or wash them? Geez, I am a nurse, and I have a COMPUTERIZED washing machine with a santitation cycle... and I don't play with dead bodies. And I wear scrubs!

You'd think the clothes she wore to work would be washed or cleaned before going on vacation, wouldn't you, even if she doesn't wear scrubs?

CuddleCat is still with Kate McCann. The news report that tells her of going to Maddie's room upon their return to Britain, says she was clutching it and sitting in the room crying.

KM is a part time General Practitioner. GPs on the UK tend to wear casual clothes, not scrubs, as they work in doctors' surgeries and visit patients at home. In the latter case, a GP is almost certainly going to come into contact with dead patients, generally in their homes, where the GP would be called to complete a death certificate.

I for one do not know where the story about the cadaver dogs alerting on CuddleCat came from, nor the one about KM's alleged explanation that she took the toy to work with her. I presume the stories are alleged to have come from a source close to KM following her last interview but also that they are unattributable and therefore less than 100% reliable.

I've searched the net for articles on cadaver dogs to try to find out how long a scent would be detected on clothing after contact with a dead body and after the clothes had been washed. So far I have drawn a blank. I will keep looking. If anyone has any answers to these Qs, please post.

CuddleCat was washed? I don't understand that. I have heard stories about parents with missing children never letting anything be removed from the kids rooms, and never washing their sheets again, etc.

I think it's weird that she washed CuddleCat. :(

My thoughts EXACTLY.

It's even weirder that she took Cuddle cat to work I just cannot get past that one! Why on earth would a grown woman go to work as a doctor with Cuddle cat. I think that is one of the most fantastic things that we have been asked to believe in all of this!

This woman is (as far as we know) an actual physician. It defies logic why any health care professional would carry around a child's cuddle toy during work hours.
The only reason I can see for her doing this is she thought it made her "appear" to be quite distraught. Plain and simple...a prop.

This woman is (as far as we know) an actual physician. It defies logic why any health care professional would carry around a child's cuddle toy during work hours.
The only reason I can see for her doing this is she thought it made her "appear" to be quite distraught. Plain and simple...a prop.
She claims to have carried the cat to work before the holiday & therefore before Madeleines disappearance

She claims to have carried the cat to work before the holiday & therefore before Madeleines disappearance

I can't imagine any employer allowing a physician to tote around a transitional object during on duty hours. However, if she did engage in this behavior, we may yet see a mental defense.

And, just an aside, I wouldn't buy any, Dr brings soft toys to see you explanation. Actual health care professionals understand how germy soft toys are. They certainly wouldn't go out of their way to cross contaminate everyone in their path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper