Where is the exculpatory evidence we were promised?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The state of Arkansas knew the conviction was to be overturned when the Arkansas Supreme Court ruled the way they did. That meant that WM would have to bring the three to trial again. They knew they would lose the retrial because the original conviction was based on no physical evidence and relied exclusively on "those three are different." I am aware that your expertise in crime goes way beyond that of John Douglas, am sure of it. However, if the state thought these guys were guilty they would have never agreed to an Alford plea. Three boys were slaughtered and you think these three guys did it, and you agree to let them go? Get real. The Alford plea was meant to squash wrongful conviction lawsuits. But please, instead of regaling us in all that you have read, specifically layout the evidence that proved these boys did it. I do not pretend to know for sure, but I like the pretensions of some people. Lay out the case that proves beyond a reasonable doubt.

No, they didn't. That's why it was going to go a re-trial -- until the defense presented the Alford plea. The ASC ruled that way because they felt that "all evidence -- even new evidence -- should be considered." But they didn't "know the conviction would be overturned," because it never even was; and it never had the possibility to be overturned once the state accepted the plea.

The state agreed to the Alford plea because they would have been at a complete disadvantage at a re-trial more than 20 years after the crime had occurred. The deterioration of evidence, the death of key witnesses from the original case, including Lisa Sakevicus, would have severely handicapped their chances to keep what they perceive as child killers behind bars; so they did the next best thing: they accepted the Alford plea, which is no joke. If any of the 3 so much as sneeze wrong, they go right back in prison -- which is better than if they got off entirely.

It wasn't "Arkansas" that decided not to pursue another trial. They were ready to go to trial, even though they were at a disadvantage. It was the defense that didn't want to go to trial, even though they were at an advantage. That should say a lot right there; they were the scared ones who thought the WM3 might get re-convicted, so they initiated the plea -- not the state. This is undeniable. This case would have gone to trial, if the defense never initiated the Alford plea -- both sides have admitted this clearly.

"The deterioration of evidence"

Please, tell me what evidence you are speaking of here?

Alford Plea's are prosecutorial blackmail, admit you did it and you walk. Don't admit it and roll the bones in court. All the incentive is for the accused to make the deal.

Alford Plea's are prosecutorial blackmail, admit you did it and you walk. Don't admit it and roll the bones in court. All the incentive is for the accused to make the deal.

Um, all of it. Do you even know who Lisa Sakevicus was or what she did?

And for the nineteenth time now, the Defense came to the prosecution wanting the Alford plea. The Defense. Not the prosecution. The prosecution was preparing and were ready to go to trial; and both the defense and the prosecution admitted this.

By taking the Alford Plea, it meant they knew they would be released from prison. Doesn't Paradise Lost 3 cover this, the lawyers and family/friends telling the guys that if they take the plea, they would be released?

The State's case was pathetic.

By taking the Alford Plea, it meant they knew they would be released from prison. Doesn't Paradise Lost 3 cover this, the lawyers and family/friends telling the guys that if they take the plea, they would be released?

The State's case was pathetic.

You don't know the state's case, since it never went to re-trial.

Also, they'd be released from jail if they were found innocent in the re-trial all the same. If you believe that's the one and only reason they decided to approach the state with the Alford plea and skip trial, I have some shiny new pennies to sell you for a quarter per. They were scared of losing; that's why they did it. And I honestly don't blame them.

This plea really is a "draw." One side didn't really "win" more than the other. Both sides were scared they'd lose; and both sides agreed to the plea, even though one side (the defense) introduced it in the first place -- that's the one difference.

The state of Arkansas knew the conviction was to be overturned when the Arkansas Supreme Court ruled the way they did. That meant that WM would have to bring the three to trial again.

Your logic may be ever so slightly flawed. If the defense for the WM3 (or ANY defense team for that matter) knew a standing conviction would be "overturned", why would they possibly have their clients plead GUILTY and not instead have the conviction overturned? By the way - you totally made that up. It's not only far-fetched, illogical and ridiculous, it is complete and utter conjecture.

They knew they would lose the retrial because the original conviction was based on no physical evidence and relied exclusively on "those three are different."

If they were going to lose the retrial, then the defense would have proceeded with said retrial, had their clients exonerated and sue the state for millions. Instead - they bailed on a new trial and plead guilty. Again - your logic and reasoning here is conspicuously absent. Regarding them being convicted because "they were different"...well, this shows me you have done exactly zero research on the case and have only watched PL. Not even worth addressing this over the top silly assertion.

Re: no physical evidence - again, some research outside of the PL "docs" would serve you well when attempting to debate this.

I am aware that your expertise in crime goes way beyond that of John Douglas, am sure of it. However, if the state thought these guys were guilty they would have never agreed to an Alford plea. Three boys were slaughtered and you think these three guys did it, and you agree to let them go? Get real. The Alford plea was meant to squash wrongful conviction lawsuits.

Ahh, John Douglas again. I'm sure you're able to comprehend that a person hired by the defense team is going to find in favor of the defense. I don't need to tell you that. And even if he weren't paid by the WM3 celebrity machine...I'm sure you also know "expert witnesses" are in conflict all the time, proven wrong all the time and are simply offering their opinion. Douglas was so far removed from the case, came in way later and again, was PAID by the DEFENSE. Again - I'm sure you can deduce why he would offer an opinion that favored his CLIENTS.

But please, instead of regaling us in all that you have read, specifically layout the evidence that proved these boys did it. I do not pretend to know for sure, but I like the pretensions of some people. Lay out the case that proves beyond a reasonable doubt.

Again, I will not lay out the case that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that they are guilty. That information is ubiquitous, easy to find and all right there should you care to read it, understand it and apply a modicum of critical thinking. That's the standard supporter go-to - first, deny any evidence exists, then blame it on the "coerced confession", then "it's because they wore black and listened to Metallica", then finally, after denying all the evidence (and/or not comprehending it), "well then show us all this evidence that's proves their guilt". That's a distraction and not a very good one.

Again - you really should do actual research on the case. As I've asked before, I'm sure with all of your proclamations of their innocence you have thoroughly read and understand all the information on Cally's/ the 500, correct? Instead of demanding that I present to you the evidence of their guilt, why don't you provide the proof that all the evidence that convicted them (twice) is all lies, and how it is this (alleged by supporters) gigantic, spiraling, multi-faceted, multi-layered, through all levels of government and civilians, conspiracy, to take down these lovely, totally normal upstanding young men who's only real crime was a penchant for black clothing and heavy metal - came to be and why?

Last edited:
The proof is Arkansas not pursuing another trial, period.

You are missing a very simple and crucial component of criminal justice: if a criminal pleads guilty to a crime, the State will not "pursue another trial". I'll leave it to you to figure out why that might be.

Oh, back to what this thread is actually about - where's that exculpatory evidence we were promised?

This was a heinous crime committed by heinous people, the ones accused and tried and convicted, the ones who accepted a deal acknowledging the perception of their guilt. The ones who have yet to name another suspect or provide anything implicating that suspect. Guess what? The answer remains there is NO exculpatory evidence, just more smoke and mirrors for those who prefer to be bamboozled by the illusion rather than really take a look at the man behind the curtain.

And the posters here who keep going back to the trial, you're not furthering your argument by ignoring the original question you presumably came here to answer. Where, oh where, is the evidence proving the poor, misunderstood, rushed to an improper judgment West Memphis 3 are, indeed, not guilty? Please?

They weren't accused - they were convicted. You do not understand the Alford Plea.

You can hide behind that Alford plea all you want. The conviction was based on nothing, except the need by a community to make it go away. I asked you to cite one piece of physical evidence or even circumstantial, you can't. The verdict was to be overturned, the ASC had guaranteed that. The WMDA knew they would not win the retrial because the WM3 had actual counsel now, so they agreed to the Alford plea. I will repeat, IF THE DA KNEW THESE GUYS DID IT, THEY ARE NOT AGREEING TO AN ALFORD PLEA!

Yelling doesn't make you correct. It is hardly likely that with the constant scrutiny any of these convicted felons would reoffend. They were not seasoned sexual child killers, they were simply a band of opportunistic bullies who murdered three smaller boys.

GUILTY. AS. SIN.

ALL. THREE. OF. THEM.

I saw a documentary not long ago featuring Echols and his pathetic wife. You would think after all these years Echols would have learned to at least show a little compassion or if he can't muster that up maybe just some respect for the 3 boys that were savagely murdered. He is a total narcissist at best, psychopath at worst, he never showed any concern for those boys during the original trial and he still doesn't. Same with the vile wife. For that alone I'm glad he rotted in prison for all those years and it's too bad he's still not in prison.

RIP sweet boys, you deserved so much better :(.

All IMO.

I still have yet to hear one thing that points to their guilt, other than personal attacks on their wives and behavior twenty plus years later. Not one piece of physical or circumstantial evidence. Nothing. Is there a link where you posted this?

If you didn't come here to answer where the exculpatory evidence is, as the title of this thread asks, what did you come here for? It's obvious that your mind isn't going to be changed. What then is your intent? Civil discussion? I don't want to know what evidence the prosecution didn't/doesn't have, I'd like to know what evidence the WM 3 have that positively eliminates them as the murderers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back