Where is the exculpatory evidence we were promised?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you didn't come here to answer where the exculpatory evidence is, as the title of this thread asks, what did you come here for? It's obvious that your mind isn't going to be changed. What then is your intent? Civil discussion? I don't want to know what evidence the prosecution didn't/doesn't have, I'd like to know what evidence the WM 3 have that positively eliminates them as the murderers.

There being no physical or circumstantial evidence pointing to their guilt.

You can hide behind that Alford plea all you want. The conviction was based on nothing, except the need by a community to make it go away. I asked you to cite one piece of physical evidence or even circumstantial, you can't. The verdict was to be overturned, the ASC had guaranteed that. The WMDA knew they would not win the retrial because the WM3 had actual counsel now, so they agreed to the Alford plea. I will repeat, IF THE DA KNEW THESE GUYS DID IT, THEY ARE NOT AGREEING TO AN ALFORD PLEA!

This is a trick question, considering there is no physical evidence that connects anyone to the crime with 100% certainty -- and yes, that includes TH and DJ. The hair attributed to TH could also be attributed to something like 800-900 people; it wasn't an identical match. You had a thumb print at the scene that was also never attributed to anyone, due (if memory serves) to it not being in good quality.

Circumstantial evidence (since you're evidently too lazy to simply read through these threads): the blue drop of candle-wax found on one of the shirts of the victims, and the blue candle found to belong to DE and DT. The fact that JB not only traded away weapons (a pick-ax and a knife) just after the murders, but also changed the black laces in his combat boots to new ones -- MM was tied with a black combat-style-length shoe lace that was never traced back to a source shoe, unlike the other two victims, who were tied with their own shoe laces. Also, JM's own, multiple confession fall in this category. In addition to the fact that, none of them had alibis (contrary to what PL and Bob Ruff will tell you) that could hold up in court.

Also, there's fiber evidence. Fibers recovered from the victims matched certain fibers found in JB's trailer (the source was a robe from his mom) and other fibers matching ones on MM matched the fibers of a green shirt that belonged to DE.

You also have BL's police interview, corroborating JM's involvement; in addition to JM's step-mother's account of JM having night terrors after the murders.

JB's entire alibi was that he was mowing his uncle's lawn, but his own uncle says this didn't take place the day of the murders. His alibi also consists of DE and DT being with him and going to the laundromat to call for a ride home (which was blocks away), even though JB's Uncle had a telephone and let DE inside his home on multiple locations. This is why JB's own lawyers wouldn't even let him testify; because they knew his alibi was garbage and would get shredded during cross examination.

There is probably more; this is just off the top of my head.

You can hide behind that Alford plea all you want. The conviction was based on nothing, except the need by a community to make it go away. I asked you to cite one piece of physical evidence or even circumstantial, you can't. The verdict was to be overturned, the ASC had guaranteed that. The WMDA knew they would not win the retrial because the WM3 had actual counsel now, so they agreed to the Alford plea. I will repeat, IF THE DA KNEW THESE GUYS DID IT, THEY ARE NOT AGREEING TO AN ALFORD PLEA!

I don't need to hide behind anything. The WM3 are twice convicted child murderers and will remain so until they die. "The conviction was based on nothing, except the need by a community to make it go away." It's easy to just make stuff up and put it on the internet. This is a baseless and equivocally false proclamation.

The verdict was not to be overturned. If it were...it would have been....overturned. So by that logic the WM3 would have to be insane or beyond stupid - as instead of having it "overturned", they plead guilty, admitting the OPPOSITE of what you just asserted - that the conviction would not be overturned, but rather they would be convicted, again. Which, they were.

Re: me providing you with evidence, seeing as you're for whatever reason incapable of finding it yourself, here you go:

Home

Go crazy. Then come back, after you've actually read it, and feel free to offer counter evidence that proves these 3 twice convicted child killers are innocent. Because guess what? They're twice convicted - meaning the onus is on THEM to prove their innocence. Their is no onus to prove guilt anymore - that's been done, twice.

We will await your presentation of exculpatory evidence. I suspect we'll be waiting a long time - because if the WM3, with the multi-million dollar spin machine working for then can't come up with it, I have serious reservations that you'll be able to.

I still have yet to hear one thing that points to their guilt, other than personal attacks on their wives and behavior twenty plus years later. Not one piece of physical or circumstantial evidence. Nothing. Is there a link where you posted this?

Your inability to "hear one thing that points to their guilt" isn't our problem - it's yours. Your not comprehending the cumulative evidence that convicted these child killers doesn't mean it doesn't exist - it just means you, for whatever reason, aren't understanding it, or you're being woefully dishonest. Either way, it's all there, should you decide to read it. Home

I don't need to hide behind anything. The WM3 are twice convicted child murderers and will remain so until they die. "The conviction was based on nothing, except the need by a community to make it go away." It's easy to just make stuff up and put it on the internet. This is a baseless and equivocally false proclamation.

It must be Monday. I meant unequivocally.

Yeah, done spinning my wheels on this pointless argument, nothing has come out that clarifies one issue of contention. For the record, I have read the posts of people who think they did it, but am not convinced, because there is little to no tangible evidence that could be used in court.

The original convictions mean nothing to me, as I have read the cases of dozens of people that were wrongly convicted and later released due to the work of Innocence Projects throughout this country.

Really bad cases create so much political outcry, that someone has to go down for it. I think juries play into that. They have confidence in their DAs and police and feel that charges would have never been brought if they didn't do it. But they are, everyday in America. That was my original point about the Austin Yogurt Shop murders, I think there was political pressure to make it go away, and it did, for awhile. However, as years passed, people looked at the case and the holes, which were ignored earlier, got bigger and bigger. There are people who think the police got the right guys in both cases, but APD never went for the retrial, because the emotion now, 25 years later, does not exist. This makes conviction difficult. I have never believed that is the burden of the accused to prove they didn't do it, that is on the state.

However, that wasn't the purpose of this thread by it's title, was it? The OP asked where the promised exculpatory evidence was, evidence that lawyers for the WM 3 said was available. No one asked about their guilt or innocence. Taking a counter point was a choice. Then arguing about it was also a choice. No one asked anyone to spin their wheels. That, too, was a choice.

And yet, the Innocence Project did not get them released. The Alford Plea, which they did not have to accept, did. Curious isn't it?

Sigh, yes. The West Memphis DA's office was sure that these three raped and murdered three little boys and sentenced two to life and one to death. However, they were willing to agree to an Alford plea to let them go so that they can never be placed on trial again for this. That is interesting, catlady, that they were willing to equate a little over a decade to the equivalent of capital punishment and life. Seriously, catlady, you might be out of your league.

Sigh, yes. The West Memphis DA's office was sure that these three raped and murdered three little boys and sentenced two to life and one to death. However, they were willing to agree to an Alford plea to let them go so that they can never be placed on trial again for this. That is interesting, catlady, that they were willing to equate a little over a decade to the equivalent of capital punishment and life. Seriously, catlady, you might be out of your league.
tuffgong
you might want to address other posters correctly and accurately if you want your opinion validated.
there is no 'catlady' interacting with you on this thread.
**facts are important.**

And just for reference:

Life sentence prisoners served on average 18 years before being released

Life sentence prisoners released from Irish jails last year had served an average of 18 years, the Parole Board has said

“Life Sentences” Not All Around the World Are Actually for Life

In England & Wales the average minimum term is now 15 years...
In France, inmates jailed for “life” are eligible for parole after 18 years served..
In Germany, the minimum time to be served is 15 years...
Prisoners in Denmark are entitled to a pardoning hearing after 12 years...

Life sentence prisoners served on average 18 years before being released

https://www.robertreeveslaw.com/blog/life-sentences/

Yeah, done spinning my wheels on this pointless argument, nothing has come out that clarifies one issue of contention. For the record, I have read the posts of people who think they did it, but am not convinced, because there is little to no tangible evidence that could be used in court.

The original convictions mean nothing to me, as I have read the cases of dozens of people that were wrongly convicted and later released due to the work of Innocence Projects throughout this country.

Really bad cases create so much political outcry, that someone has to go down for it. I think juries play into that. They have confidence in their DAs and police and feel that charges would have never been brought if they didn't do it. But they are, everyday in America. That was my original point about the Austin Yogurt Shop murders, I think there was political pressure to make it go away, and it did, for awhile. However, as years passed, people looked at the case and the holes, which were ignored earlier, got bigger and bigger. There are people who think the police got the right guys in both cases, but APD never went for the retrial, because the emotion now, 25 years later, does not exist. This makes conviction difficult. I have never believed that is the burden of the accused to prove they didn't do it, that is on the state.

No one has ever stated that false convictions don't ever happen in this country; the difference in this particular case though, is that there is evidence that does point to the 3 (which I outlined in post #83). You have to look at each case separately. The fact you're basing your opinion on this case on "the cases of dozens of people that were wrongly convicted" isn't a very strong argument, as again, every case is different.

On the contrary, the evidence WAS used in court to convict them, and then they approached the DA to plead guilty, because they admitted there was enough evidence to convict them again. So, your statement is absolutely false.

What means something or nothing to you is of no relevance to the facts of the case.

That case is of no relevance to this one. And the burden of proof was on the prosecution in this case, as it is in every case in America. And they proved their case, as is evidenced by their conviction. And instead of getting a retrial, which was imminent, the WM3 chose to plead guilty, admitting the prosecution could, once again, take on the burden of proof, and win a conviction, again.

And as you've been told several times before - this thread is about the exculpatory evidence that was promised, and never delivered. Why? Because it doesn't exist.

Once convicted, the burden of proof of innocence falls on the convicted - not the prosecution. And the WM3 have spectacularly failed to prove their innocence in any way, shape, or form.

And instead of taking a new trial to exonerate themselves, the WM3 said "no thanks" and instead, plead guilty.

A little over a decade? How did you compute that? Who's catlady? And clearly there is only one person here who is "out of their league".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazasmurf
Back