Where would you put a dead body?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I get that this is in no way funny but the picture you painted for me made me laugh sooo hard. :crazy:

I'm the exact same height and weight that LE has Casey listed at. I could do the rope over the branch method but climbing a tree carrying anything wouldn't happen :eek:

I was thinking and the average 3 yr old female weighs around 32 lbs. Thats a lot of weight. It would have to be in a bag of some sort that would be easy to handle. I'm thinking a rolling suitcase, then again, I'm lazy that way. :waitasec:

No, I didn't mean it to be funny either but that was the picture in my mind.

Well..growing up here in Florida even though it is bulit up compared to just 20 years ago...I still know of a few rock pit/swimming holes, secluded lakes, park like areas that would be perfect to dump a body as well as fairly easily accessible to the public if they know where to go.

Hi princess. Are you reading the psychic thread. We are discussing such areas as you say, here. And would definitely welcome your insight.

Until this case, i've never really thought about where to hide a body, so I can thank KC for the fact that I actually have pondered this hideous question!

Before I read up on decomp, I honestly don't know what I would have done. Probably throw it in the river and get caught because I'd spend an hour on the bridge struggling with the dead weight of a body, esp if it was an adult. Or just throw it in the woods and hope I don't get caught. digging a hole would be really physically hard for me.

Now that I know more, if it were a child, I'd go the dumpster route. Moms throw their newborn babies in dumpsters all the time, and God knows how many have gotten away with it.

I don't think I could handle an adult body by myself. But the pre-grave-site cermonial burial sounds good. Or re-digging up a new grave site in the middle of the night and burying it 3 feet under would be another plan. If I went the river route, I'd be sure to weigh the body down.

Well, I'm done with this line of thought now!

I wouldnt put a dead body anywhere, because I wouldnt have a dead body to dispose of. lol

I wouldnt put a dead body anywhere, because I wouldnt have a dead body to dispose of. lol

Amen to that! Someone above posted about their ex, and I was the same way. The only time in my life I was ever angry enough to want to kill someone was when I was going through my divorce because my ex was being a total jerk about the kids. You just don't mess with a mom and her children.

I actually had some "friends" volunteer to take care of him, but I politely declined. No matter how angry I was, he wasn't worth spending my life in prison for.

I wouldn't be caught dead with a dead body. If I were KC, I would probably do an easy dump, nothing too strenuous or dangerous. I would use a suitcase on wheels or a duffel bag and leave the body in a wooded area well covered by branches not far from a road. I don't think she would go into a swampy or overgrown area inhabited by alligators, snakes, etc.

Just thought of one that goes one better, in a very morbid sense of "better."
I have a unidentified child from my files, her parents (presumably) wrapped her in a baby blanket, then wrapped her in plastic sheets, placed her inside a suitcase, wrapped the suitcase entirely in duct tape, opened up the back of a large console TV, cleared out all the wires and tubes that were in the way, put the suitcase in the TV, screwed the back of the TV on and took it to the dump themselves.
If some random person hadn't decided to go hunting for metal in the dump and kicked the back of the TV, causing the suitcase to fall out the body never would have been found.

OMG!! this is so sad. think if the kids who have not been found. people are so horrible.:eek:

In an urn or in a casket. They are the only two places I would ever think to put a body.

The morgue or the undertaker.

I think the suspect did absolutely nothing to put herself in danger, ie snakes, gators. Place of "Beauty" that is secluded enough. Not a lot of work though and I agree with a suitcase on wheels. (Wonder if any are missing)!

I guess her "grandiose sense of self" made her dispose of the body, rather than admit?

THIS GOT TOO LONG - I really ended up getting into this. Sorry friends.

I can't imagine myself being in this...uh..."predicament," but my sleuthier side makes me try to think about it. :)

The things I would consider (which clearly are not necessarily the things KC would consider) would be - not being observed, smell, physical discovery of remains, evidence to tie me to the death, establishing plausible deniability.

To be inconspicuous, I'd have to make it appear that I'm doing something that is not out of the ordinary (like taking trash to dumpster) or do it with cover of darkness, etc. I would try to do absolutely nothing to draw attention to myself.

The smell is so penetrating (especially if I were lazy/ignorant enough to carry a body around in my trunk for more than 36 hours) that I would realize that it would have to be disposed of in a manner that the smell would be sealed or hidden very well, or in a place where the smell would be masked by some other terrible smell such as a landfill, waste treatment facility or a stagnant marine environment (which always smells like death to me anyway and human remains might be mistaken for just another rotting fish or animal.)

The possibility of the remains being discovered would be diminished the longer I would wait before alerting anyone that there even was a problem so, after completing the deed, I would go into hiding for as long as humanly possible - not telling anyone and acting like nothing was worrying me - all is cool. This would also help with the plausible deniablility. Since I lived on a sheep farm for 13 years, I know how really difficult it is to dig a hole big enough to bury an animal (without a backhoe) and how deep an adequate grave has to be, I would not plan on burying a body with a gardening shovel unless I had opted for leaving the body buried in a sand dune someplace. I might drive to a poorly maintained beach area and take the body in a black trash bag to bury in the back dunes, knowing that it wouldn't raise too much attention and if I was confronted, I could be cool and say that I wanted to bury my kid's deceased dog. No one would ask to look in the bag and I could change my plan to a different location or backup plan.

Pitching a body - bound very well with something which would only decompose after the contents, with a relatively heavy weight (10 to 20 lb.) might be a possibility under the cover of darkness and if I was certain that the traffic would slow so much that I would not be noticed. However, the body's weight plus a 10-20 pound weight would be difficult to manage - 40 to 50 pounds. That is more than one of the really large bags of dog food at the grocery store (next time you walk down the pet food aisle, just drag one of those 40 or 50 pound sacks out and then try to get it back on the shelf) or a sack of feed corn. It would not be an easy matter to "pitch" it and so perhaps dropping off a bridge, but only if I was certain to be unnoticed.

The fear of being seen in an unfamiliar place doing something odd would probably cause me to look for a way to make it look inconspicuous like something other people are doing all the time. I would probably double bag the smallish body in lawn and leaf garbage sacks and just swing it up over the side of a dumpster, like I'm just taking out the day's trash. I might even carry a bag of trash in my trunk for credibility if a friend should see me doing this. <wink>

I would probably use the dumpster I ormally use - either at the apartment complex where I was living (Sutton Place or Sawgrass) or perhaps even setting it out by the curb for trash pickup (Hopespring.) 30 pounds in a bag stuffed with light paper trash (parents' receipts of someone unknown would be good so I could accuse someone else if the remains are found) might not be suspicious to the trash men. I would be certain that absolutely nothing traceable to me was in the bag with the body and would use latex gloves to handle all contents.

I would watch carefully to be certain the trash was taken without incident and then each day that passed, I would feel better and better that the remains would not be found and I would be more and more confident about living my normal life and telling a "kidnapping" story.

Hmmmm. Somewhere along the line here, I got distracted and started going to what I think Casey might've done. I know that wasn't the question but this was hard for me to think about . Sorry.

In an urn or in a casket. They are the only two places I would ever think to put a body.

Totally agree with you Seriously.

I would never dispose of a dead body, but I would think that a criminal mind in Florida would go for Lake Jessup - easy enough to throw safely from the bridge. I sure hope that isn't what happened to Caylee.

I think KC bought something like a suite case and other stuff that CA didnt want the LE to see on her card statements......and its taken awhile to get those records thru the court system...for LE to add to evidence....also that is why she didnt want GA to see in her trunk....he would wonder why there was a suite case, shovel, plastic, tape....etc...in there.....jmo

THIS GOT TOO LONG - I really ended up getting into this. Sorry friends.

I can't imagine myself being in this...uh..."predicament," but my sleuthier side makes me try to think about it. :)

The things I would consider (which clearly are not necessarily the things KC would consider) would be - not being observed, smell, physical discovery of remains, evidence to tie me to the death, establishing plausible deniability.

To be inconspicuous, I'd have to make it appear that I'm doing something that is not out of the ordinary (like taking trash to dumpster) or do it with cover of darkness, etc. I would try to do absolutely nothing to draw attention to myself.

The smell is so penetrating (especially if I were lazy/ignorant enough to carry a body around in my trunk for more than 36 hours) that I would realize that it would have to be disposed of in a manner that the smell would be sealed or hidden very well, or in a place where the smell would be masked by some other terrible smell such as a landfill, waste treatment facility or a stagnant marine environment (which always smells like death to me anyway and human remains might be mistaken for just another rotting fish or animal.)

The possibility of the remains being discovered would be diminished the longer I would wait before alerting anyone that there even was a problem so, after completing the deed, I would go into hiding for as long as humanly possible - not telling anyone and acting like nothing was worrying me - all is cool. This would also help with the plausible deniablility. Since I lived on a sheep farm for 13 years, I know how really difficult it is to dig a hole big enough to bury an animal (without a backhoe) and how deep an adequate grave has to be, I would not plan on burying a body with a gardening shovel unless I had opted for leaving the body buried in a sand dune someplace. I might drive to a poorly maintained beach area and take the body in a black trash bag to bury in the back dunes, knowing that it wouldn't raise too much attention and if I was confronted, I could be cool and say that I wanted to bury my kid's deceased dog. No one would ask to look in the bag and I could change my plan to a different location or backup plan.

Pitching a body - bound very well with something which would only decompose after the contents, with a relatively heavy weight (10 to 20 lb.) might be a possibility under the cover of darkness and if I was certain that the traffic would slow so much that I would not be noticed. However, the body's weight plus a 10-20 pound weight would be difficult to manage - 40 to 50 pounds. That is more than one of the really large bags of dog food at the grocery store (next time you walk down the pet food aisle, just drag one of those 40 or 50 pound sacks out and then try to get it back on the shelf) or a sack of feed corn. It would not be an easy matter to "pitch" it and so perhaps dropping off a bridge, but only if I was certain to be unnoticed.

The fear of being seen in an unfamiliar place doing something odd would probably cause me to look for a way to make it look inconspicuous like something other people are doing all the time. I would probably double bag the smallish body in lawn and leaf garbage sacks and just swing it up over the side of a dumpster, like I'm just taking out the day's trash. I might even carry a bag of trash in my trunk for credibility if a friend should see me doing this. <wink>

I would probably use the dumpster I ormally use - either at the apartment complex where I was living (Sutton Place or Sawgrass) or perhaps even setting it out by the curb for trash pickup (Hopespring.) 30 pounds in a bag stuffed with light paper trash (parents' receipts of someone unknown would be good so I could accuse someone else if the remains are found) might not be suspicious to the trash men. I would be certain that absolutely nothing traceable to me was in the bag with the body and would use latex gloves to handle all contents.

I would watch carefully to be certain the trash was taken without incident and then each day that passed, I would feel better and better that the remains would not be found and I would be more and more confident about living my normal life and telling a "kidnapping" story.

Hmmmm. Somewhere along the line here, I got distracted and started going to what I think Casey might've done. I know that wasn't the question but this was hard for me to think about . Sorry.

Good post :clap::clap:

In that scenario (being about the size of KC) I would use a large duffel bag. Maybe even one with wheels. You can get those for less than thirty bucks and Caylee would have fit in it just fine. After the rigor passed, you could even use a smaller one like a large backpack.

"Where would you put a dead body?"

Here!

Alligator%20mouth.jpg

0412070922_M_041207_croc-1.jpg

Just thought of one that goes one better, in a very morbid sense of "better."
I have a unidentified child from my files, her parents (presumably) wrapped her in a baby blanket, then wrapped her in plastic sheets, placed her inside a suitcase, wrapped the suitcase entirely in duct tape, opened up the back of a large console TV, cleared out all the wires and tubes that were in the way, put the suitcase in the TV, screwed the back of the TV on and took it to the dump themselves.
If some random person hadn't decided to go hunting for metal in the dump and kicked the back of the TV, causing the suitcase to fall out the body never would have been found.

Sick, they obviously put a lot of thought into that!

I haven't read the entire thread, so forgive me if I'm duplicating anyone else' post. Personally I don't think KC is all too brillant. I'm of the belief that Caylee is right under everyone's nose. Maybe it's so obvious, it's being totally overlooked.

My 2 humble cents.:)

Sick, they obviously put a lot of thought into that!

I know, usually I can cover about 5 cases a day, searching all the sites and newspaper articles to get all the info I can on Does. I hit a case like the little girl in the TV and I have to stop for the day and just go play with my kids.

However, I don't Casey put quite that much thought into what to do with Caylee. Maybe some, but definitely not that much.

I'd never be disposing of a dead body, but I've watched way too much crime tv and read too many crime forums to use water or dumpsters. I'd be very afraid to throw even a weighted body in water due to gases causing it to rise a few months later. There'd be worry of a body part or bone being left and discovered even if partially eaten by an animal or alligator. Also, I'd be afraid to put a body into a dumpster, especially one with decomp smell. I'd worry that someone would discover the body or spot whatever container the body might be inside and decide they wanted it or to snoop. I believe I would put a body in a sealed leakproof container ( such as a cooler or poolbox) with lime and bury under something where people wouldn't want to wander in, land wouldn't develop and build there, and where I could get to without tearing up my vehicle or leaving evidence on it. I can't help but think that Cindy and George might possibly have smelled decomp in the yard before the pavers were ever put in, and that might be when they looked under the playhouse. Maybe it was when Casey moved the body, if she really did move the body.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME
Back