Who do you believe? Dr. G or Dr. S?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Who do you find more credible and believable?

• Dr. G

Votes: 747 96.5%
  • Dr. S

Votes: 27 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are you telling me that the medical examiners are not paid for their work? :)
I know what you will say: They are paid a fixed monthly salary but consultants are paid ...
I think the difference in income between an State employee on budget cuts, and an expert getting paid upwards of 3,000 a day for his work + expenses, renders this attempted point moot.

Despite the hyperbole, Dr G found more than just dirt. The autopsy report is available.

Dr S didn't test the residue either, so I can conclude his work on Caylee wasn't any better than Dr G's? What good is it to scrape, if he's just going to ignore it?

So what did Dr G find other than dirt?

I say Dr G's work was sloppy. You say Dr S's work was sloppy too. Then I say you're right. :)

I think the difference in income between an State employee on budget cuts, and a 'hired gun' getting upwards of 3,000 a day, renders this attempted point moot.

Right, that shows the demand for experts and their level of expertise. :)

Right, that shows the demand for experts and their level of expertise. :)
An expert who found it necessary to crack open Caylee's skull and scrape residue, then ignore it?

On what planet is that not shoddy?

Originally Posted by RR473
Dr G Poured some liquid in the skull, shook it and examined the emptied liquid which I believe wasn't anything other than dirt. However Dr G did not test the "residue" which had to be scraped first.

Dr S's shortcomings can't be used as an excuse for Dr G.

Despite the hyperbole, Dr G found more than just dirt. The autopsy report is available.

Dr S didn't test the residue either, so I can conclude his work on Caylee wasn't any better than Dr G's? What good is it to scrape, if he's just going to ignore it?

I also feel Dr S insulted everyones intelligence by demanding they believe the "residue" he found was brain matter, just because he said it was. He didn't have it tested so I don't believe it at all, to be honest. If he wants us to believe it then he should have documented evidence that it was. I have no reason to believe it was anything other than dirt.

So what did Dr G find other than dirt?

I say Dr G's work was sloppy. You say Dr S's work was sloppy too. Then I say you're right. :)
You have no idea what Dr G found other than dirt, yet your opinion is her work was sloppy?

How then did you arrive at your conclusion?

I love and encourage a healthy debate of opposing opinions.

Snarky, cheap shots do nothing but water down whatever point one is attempting to make.

Leave them out of this thread.

*this post lands at random*

Dr G.
Made her position very clear and did not over talk her findings.
As anyone who has ever met a lier knows..
one who talks too much puts foot in mouth..\seems like all of Defense witnesses and the reps talk and talk and ask and ask till the people have no desire to answer any questions.
Also, the defense seems to pound the person on the stand like a police interigation.
Not happy about the tactics of the defense sometimes.
They do not know when to stop.
I would say to them that Dr.G. is a fine expert and I do think she was the most believeable.

You have no idea what Dr G found other than dirt, yet your opinion is her work was sloppy?

How then did you arrive at your conclusion?

Now you can either beat me for not knowing what she found other than dirt (considering she found something ;)) or tell me what she found and we can have a constructive conversation and maybe even I revise my opinion.

I've never said that I buy into GA being involved, I don't. I agree that would be an unreasonable scenario to me. But again, how can you reconcile the fact that you believe Casey would willfully murder her child, but make every attempt to save her if a drowning occurred? MOO

All Casey would have had to do is admit it was an accident and she wouldn't be facing the death penalty. The fact that she hasn't admitted it was an accident is precisely why I believe it was murder. And as Dr. G stated, there is no reason to apply duct tape to a childs mouth after they are dead.

I think the repeated phone calls to her mom and dad (unaswered by her mom and dad) that day was Casey trying to get them to babysit Caylee so she could go out with Tony. I think the calls where unanswered because Cindy KNEW Casey was trying to get her to babysit and she felt Casey needed to start being a better mom. We've all seen Casey's hairpin anger trigger. Caylee was interferring with Casey's life. It is just that simple.

I'm sorry, but I am a little confused. Why would the OME invite either the SA or the DT? They are workers of the state in the Medical Examiners Office. They are not attorneys for either side. They report what their findings are in an autopsy, not for the SA or the DT but for the victim. So, I don't understand why Dr S would think that he would be able to attend.

Because as you nicely put it Dr S is no attorney but a Medical Examiner.

Allow me to follow up - why would they invite Dr. Spitz to an autopsy of a child who remains had yet to be identified? He was not the medical examiner for Orange and Osceola counties in Florida. IIRC, he resides in Michigan.

Maybe I missed something. Are you suggesting the defense knew for a fact in advance that these were indeed Caylee's remains?

Now you can either beat me for not knowing what she found other than dirt (considering she found something ;)) or tell me what she found and we can have a constructive conversation and maybe even I revise my opinion.

Once again, I'm not sure why you believe it was "brain matter" that Dr. S found!!! He has no evidence and in fact insults everyones intelligence by demanding we believe it is brain matter because he says so. Show me the evidence!! No - I'm not just going to take his word for it because of who he is (or who he thinks he is). I want scientific evidence. I have scientific evidence presented by Dr. G. And if her tests showed the residue in the cranial cavity was nothing more than dirt, then I have no reason to believe what Dr. S found was anything other than dirt. Just that simple.

I think the difference in income between an State employee on budget cuts, and an expert getting paid upwards of 3,000 a day for his work + expenses, renders this attempted point moot.

In cases like these, motivation counts too... Dr G comes out miles ahead on that one.

Respectfully, it scares me that there could be jurors that accept the state's case as presented without question. MOO

Which is why the state is putting evidence in their presentation. The state isn't asking jurors to believe them without question. The defense team is. Where is the DT's evidence? Dr. S didn't show me any evidence that I could believe.

I dont think that Dr. G's autopsy was poorly done. I think she did an examination of the interior of the skull, used the saline, found a tooth and what appeared to be dirt sediment. I think she made a decision to NOT cut open the skull out of respect for a murdered little girl after realizing that there was nothing to help her findings with the autopsy inside the skull, aside from the tooth.

I think that there is NO WAY that Dr. S can state that the skull had to be lying on the left side because he saw the skull AFTER Dr.G rinsed it with saline and did her examination. So his opinion on that is just ludicrous. That's making an assumption based on evidence left from Dr.G's EXAMINATION.

Once again, I'm not sure why you believe it was "brain matter" that Dr. S found!!! He has no evidence and in fact insults everyones intelligence by demanding we believe it is brain matter because he says so. Show me the evidence!! No - I'm not just going to take his word for it because of who he is (or who he thinks he is). I want scientific evidence. I have scientific evidence presented by Dr. G. And if her tests showed the residue in the cranial cavity was nothing more than dirt, then I have no reason to believe what Dr. S found was anything other than dirt. Just that simple.

Not only are you asked to believe he found some unidentified substance, but having not bothered to document any of his findings at the time, you are now supposed to accept that someone who has so many obvious gaps in his memory can now recall verbatim what he found.
It must not have been of any consequence or he would surely have felt it needed to be analyzed. Who throws 'brain dust' away? Dr S apparently.

Dr. S is too old for this and it showed on his cross.

Then you had Mark Geragos (sp?) (he doesn't deserve to have his name spelled correctly) on Judge J. special last night saying that he understood Dr. S. gave some compelling information for the defense. So according to Dr. S., he can't say how she died, but he does KNOW that someone waited until the BODY WAS COMPLETELY SKELONTINIZED AND then picked up the head, whereup the mandible dislocated. They reattached the mandible and then put the tape around the mouth.

And he broke the skull - anyone catch that? Dr. S. was downright sad to watch.

And at times, it was very funny - as when AShton says that is twice you have mentioned its a high profile cases and makes some other comments and says you like high profile cases and Dr. S is annoyed and says (paraphrasing) all cases are high profile to me that is why I take apart the head.

So we have LE lying, we have the Medical Examiner's office tampering with evidence. We have Dr. G doing a "shoddy" autopsy. we have George chronically sexually abusing KC since she could crawl or something and then along came Lee sexually abusing; we have Caylee dying in the pool and KC not telling anyone for three years because she enjoys lockup so much and even after all that internment, Geoge is trying to frame her.

WEll sounds like a case to me. LWOP, the Judge I do not believe will give her the death penalty. But I am going to check out who he has sentenced to death in the past. I think the last sentence he did was on a kid who beat a homeless man - I think he gave him 38 years. Have to check it out.

Note: (by the way they showed Lee testifying and when he says "unfit mother" he specifically looks at the jury and he does that again, when he says the "spiteful *****" testimony - Lee wants her convicted. No doubt.

Which is why the state is putting evidence in their presentation. The state isn't asking jurors to believe them without question. The defense team is. Where is the DT's evidence? Dr. S didn't show me any evidence that I could believe.

This was a regrettable remark I made in response to a series of remarks that culminated in OP telling me they hoped people like me weren't on the jury. It loses some meaning when taken out of that context, so I apologize for the confusion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoftyGoalGirl
Back