Who do YOU believe killed JBR?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess I just find it really really hard to believe that either Patsy (knowing John has just recently suffered the loss of another daughter in 1992) or John (who was still probably grieving for his other daughter who died in 1992) would viciously kill their daughter on Christmas, stage it like a kidnapping, dispose of her body in the basement while Burke slept upstairs, quickly write up a ransom note and then try to fool the cops. Why would Patsy kill Jonbenet (her one and only daughter) when just a few years earlier she could have died from cancer never to see her little ones again? that goes against motherly logic. If Patsy accidentally hurt Jonbenet, I think she would have alerted John and they would have called the ambulance to try to save her at all costs - this makes more sense to me and in keeping with their characters. The ransom note eludes to three people: the person who wrote the note and "two gentlemen" looking over Jonbenet if we take that infor at face value for instance. The perp(s) actually identify themselves possibly to taunt Mr Ramsey and the cops - that is my interpretation. Why didn't the perp(s) write the note on their own paper prior rather than using the paper and pen from within the house? Many unanswered questions. I believe who ever tried to pull off the kidnapping had never done that before and then realized it wasn't possible to pull off and killed JB because she had seen them, left the note in the house because that would be risky to take it away tucked in a pocket or whatever. Plus they mention other "fat cats" they could target - well, there were no other kidnappings with ransom notes in the Boulder area after that - so maybe the perp(s) realized it wasn't so easy to pull off and abandoned the idea altogether. I still personally think it was Santa Bill, his wife and their son - just too many coincidences for me where they are concerned but that is just my opinion.

I guess I just find it really really hard to believe that either Patsy (knowing John has just recently suffered the loss of another daughter in 1992) or John (who was still probably grieving for his other daughter who died in 1992) would viciously kill their daughter on Christmas, stage it like a kidnapping, dispose of her body in the basement while Burke slept upstairs, quickly write up a ransom note and then try to fool the cops. Why would Patsy kill Jonbenet (her one and only daughter) when just a few years earlier she could have died from cancer never to see her little ones again? that goes against motherly logic. If Patsy accidentally hurt Jonbenet, I think she would have alerted John and they would have called the ambulance to try to save her at all costs - this makes more sense to me and in keeping with their characters. The ransom note eludes to three people: the person who wrote the note and "two gentlemen" looking over Jonbenet if we take that infor at face value for instance. The perp(s) actually identify themselves possibly to taunt Mr Ramsey and the cops - that is my interpretation. Why didn't the perp(s) write the note on their own paper prior rather than using the paper and pen from within the house? Many unanswered questions. I believe who ever tried to pull off the kidnapping had never done that before and then realized it wasn't possible to pull off and killed JB because she had seen them, left the note in the house because that would be risky to take it away tucked in a pocket or whatever. Plus they mention other "fat cats" they could target - well, there were no other kidnappings with ransom notes in the Boulder area after that - so maybe the perp(s) realized it wasn't so easy to pull off and abandoned the idea altogether. I still personally think it was Santa Bill, his wife and their son - just too many coincidences for me where they are concerned but that is just my opinion.

Virtually NO ONE here suggests they killed her in a premeditated act. This was a panicked, frantic STAGING of what was very likely an unintentional death, possibly to protect another family member. Keep in mind that NO DNA matched Santa Bill or anyone in his family. It is very unlikely that the McReynolds could leave behind not a single fiber or any thing else. If there were no ransom notes or kidnappings after JB there, is is because JB's death wasn't a real kidnapping and the note wasn't a real ransom note and not that the perps changed their minds about it.
I think Santa Bill and his family are creepy- I will say that. But nothing links them to that house or this crime.

DeeDee,

I agree with you. Not to mention that after all these years with McSanta dead, someone would have said something by now. There is plenty of money involved in ratting people out. I dont see those people being able to keep silent. No, the only perp/s that would keep silent are those that still have something to lose like say an R...

Sure. Check your PMs.

Dang, I didn't get it. Can I ask you to send it one more time please.

Also on the subject of Santa, out of everyone that could potentially be a suspect, I think 'Santa" truly liked JonBenet. To the best of my knowledge he never was arrested for any pedophilia crimes. Remember his statement that JonBenet was the only child to ever give HIM a gift.

Having seen Toddlers and Tiara's, it wouldn't surprise me to find out it was some nuthatch mother whose daughter lost a tiara to JBR. It wouldn't be the first time some jealous hag went after someone they perceived as a threat to their kid.

I also suspected the son at first, thinking that he and his sister may well have been playing "doctor" and it got out of hand. I'm still not totally convinced it WASN'T him, but too much of the evidence leaves doubt that it was.

Sadly, I don't think we'll ever find out who killed that beautiful, little girl.

I still believe the parents were involved, but I'm sure we'll never truly know the truth..

Hardly know where to begin...

The duct tape was found to have NOT been on a conscious child. The lip prints found on it were prefect and represented lips that were not moving nor struggling, there was no saliva or evidence that her tongue had forced against it. This concluded that JB was either unconscious or dead when it was applied. It was likely part of the staging.
The head would was what is classified as a "closed scalp wound". The skin was not broken and that is why there was no visible blood. There WAS blood under the scalp, which was noted by the coroner, who was only aware of the head bash after her scalp was pulled back during the autopsy. Her head/face did NOT exhibit the typical swelling that is seen with someone who had lived longer after the bash, or even someone who had been strangled to death. It seems that BOTH the bead bash and the strangulation played a part in her death of course, but because of the lack of obvious swelling, had to have happened close together. There was mild swelling of the brain, noted in the autopsy as "mild flattening and narrowing of the sulci and gyri" (the lobes and spaces between them).
One of the biggest mistakes people make in cases like this (Caylee Anthony, too) is assuming there must ALWAYS be a history of abuse or prior events. That is simply NOT realistic or true. For every abuser, there is ALWAYS a first time, and for many, there is ONLY one time.
I do not believe JB was routinely beaten or knocked around by her family. I DO believe someone in the family was molesting her. This could be seen as motive, or at least an explanation for the head bash. She screamed. She was bashed to shut her up. It really could be that simple.
The handwriting is so like Patsy's to anyone who has seen side-by-side exemplars that it still amazes me that anyone could think it was written by anyone else.

Dang, girl, you beat me to it! I don't mind, though!

I guess I just find it really really hard to believe that either Patsy (knowing John has just recently suffered the loss of another daughter in 1992) or John (who was still probably grieving for his other daughter who died in 1992) would viciously kill their daughter on Christmas, stage it like a kidnapping, dispose of her body in the basement while Burke slept upstairs, quickly write up a ransom note and then try to fool the cops.

A lot of people find that hard to believe. In my opinion, that's precisely the problem. And I can't help but wonder if they wanted it that way.

Why would Patsy kill Jonbenet (her one and only daughter) when just a few years earlier she could have died from cancer never to see her little ones again? that goes against motherly logic.

"Motherly logic" never stopped any of the other killer moms, did it? And as for why, just ask around.

If Patsy accidentally hurt Jonbenet, I think she would have alerted John and they would have called the ambulance to try to save her at all costs - this makes more sense to me and in keeping with their characters.

Yeah, I've heard that before. But the way I see it is, covering up an accident and staging it in such an overdone was WAS in keeping with their characters: yes, they COULD have saved her, IF they had been thinking about her. But they only thought of themselves. They've long-since proven that with their endless whining.

I always figured it was Patsy - not premeditated, but an accident of some kind which she and John covered up. However, lately I am leaning toward Burke being in the mix somehow, no sure how exactly, maybe the blow to the head...:websleuther:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stefunee
Back