Who Had Motive, Method & Opportunity?!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've followed quite a few cases where friends and family were asked to provide prints and DNA samples. The Jason Young case was a recent one. Nina was a family member to Dina and Max who had lived in the house.

The media can't call someone a suspect or person of interest just because the investigation doesn't "make sense" to them or they just don't like someone. Nina has her rights just as every other American has rights.

Aspects of the homicide investigation still may not make sense to you but it was nonetheless done by skilled, professional investigators from several agencies who concluded only RZ had motive, method and opportunity.
JMO

Could you clarify the bolded, red part of your statement, please?

Do you mean that A (one), for-hire medical examiner suggested that Rebecca is responsible for Max's death? (Certainly not several agencies stating MMO...)

Perhaps I am misreading your post. Thanks.

I would like to point out AGAIN that if LE believes that a deceased suspect had anything to do with the death of someone, they would pursue it.

<snipped>"Authorities were not releasing any details about how he killed his victims. They said they wanted to first talk to the victims' families, who will never get the sense of finality that a jury trial or guilty plea would bring.

Loeffler said investigations into the deaths will continue even though there will be no prosecution."

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2012/12/02/2710993/israel-keyes-is-dead-troopers.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

This has to do with Israel Keyes. It has to do with victims he killed BEFORE he committed suicide. The current WS conversation thread is here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192312"]Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims??? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The most up to date information regarding the victim he was arrested for murdering is here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167607&page=39

I'm very bothered by people stating RZ was under investigation for hurting MS. If she had I have NO DOUBT that the LE involved would have made this public. THEY DID NOT. Here, clearly we are seeing several other LE agencies stating that even though there can be no prosecution, they will still seek to find the answers the families seek. We all know CA has $$ trouble, but seriously, if that's the real reason why no one will look into this, it's pathetic. The ENTIRE COUNTRY is trying to recover from a recession, yet OTHER AGENCIES are willing to do right by families. Why not SDSO, CPD?

RIP, Rebecca, Max and Samantha. May you all get justice.

I would like to point out AGAIN that if LE believes that a deceased suspect had anything to do with the death of someone, they would pursue it.

<snipped>"Authorities were not releasing any details about how he killed his victims. They said they wanted to first talk to the victims' families, who will never get the sense of finality that a jury trial or guilty plea would bring.

Loeffler said investigations into the deaths will continue even though there will be no prosecution."

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2012/12/02/2710993/israel-keyes-is-dead-troopers.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

This has to do with Israel Keyes. It has to do with victims he killed BEFORE he committed suicide. The current WS conversation thread is here:

Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims??? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The most up to date information regarding the victim he was arrested for murdering is here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167607&page=39

I'm very bothered by people stating RZ was under investigation for hurting MS. If she had I have NO DOUBT that the LE involved would have made this public. THEY DID NOT. Here, clearly we are seeing several other LE agencies stating that even though there can be no prosecution, they will still seek to find the answers the families seek. We all know CA has $$ trouble, but seriously, if that's the real reason why no one will look into this, it's pathetic. The ENTIRE COUNTRY is trying to recover from a recession, yet OTHER AGENCIES are willing to do right by families. Why not SDSO, CPD?

RIP, Rebecca, Max and Samantha. May you all get justice.

I agree with you completely. Unfortunately, there are 2 people in particular that will never accept this, and will continue to bash Rebecca's memory, blaming her for harming Max. IMO, they should look closer to home..........they will find their answers there.

Dr. Godwin's theory is compelling. I'm afraid that someone got away with murder.

Dr. Godwin's theory is compelling. I'm afraid that someone got away with murder.
Not so fast, MissJ ~ They haven't gotten away with murder quite yet. There are criminal defense attorneys working the midnight oil on this case. Granted, there are no guarantees but as they say in opera, it's not over until the fat lady sings...:what:

Not so fast, MissJ ~ They haven't gotten away with murder quite yet. There are criminal defense attorneys working the midnight oil on this case. Granted, there are no guarantees but as they say in opera, it's not over until the fat lady sings...:what:

Hmmm. I like your post!:moo:

and in that regard the orchestra is still unpacking their instruments, and the singer is still studying her sheet music. We have not even begun the performance, and what a performance it will finally be.

IF Dina murdered Rebecca and Jonah knew about it, why, why, why, why, why would he stay silent????

If a person is 'sick', it is a fact that the person who they end up marrying is equally 'sick'. It just shows up in different manifestations. (The reverse is true for emotionally healthy people....think about the axiom, " Water rises to its own level".)

I am musing aloud here and want to go on record that this is a hypothetical situation about DS killing RZ. The part about psychological/mental health being equal in mates is, however a fact.

The real truth will someday come out. Over these many months we have come here and to the very best of our collective abilities we have spoken of those matters most dear to us, conversed, shared opinions and sought to add to a quest for (as I remember from that old 50's TV show) truth, justice and the way. And in the end those quests will be resolved someday, and the real truth will shine through the darkness. Thanks to all of you for making this collective journey so damn worth it.

and in that regard the orchestra is still unpacking their instruments, and the singer is still studying her sheet music. We have not even begun the performance, and what a performance it will finally be.

And opening night will be "SRO"!!!!

After Alll is said and done, why such a spectacular display of the body? Why not just string her up in the shower? Someone with knowledge of Japanese erotic bondage would have to stage this.

I can't see how Dina could pull this off , and no one ever came forward to say this was a part of jonahs sex life with the victim.

I don't think this could be accomplished without a huge struggle....it's so bizarre...

My thinking has always been that Jonah's absence from the mansion ties into the unknown occurrences before Max's accident, I do not believe the story we have been told is the true one. I still believe that Jonah's two older children were there when the accident happened, as was Jonah.

All the rushing around in those first few minutes were to stage/discuss the story to be told. Jonah knows exactly what happened to Max! He didn't want either of his older children to be accused of being involved in the accident. He KNEW Dina would be livid!

Ole Jonah was doing what he knows best - looking out for himself. He never expected the turn of events as they happened. When he heard word of LE talking with Rebecca, then CPS was going to talk with her, he knew his reputation was going to be on the line if Rebecca did not follow the script he had issued as the story.

I have never pieced the story together of how the murder came about. Murder it was, there is not the slightest thought that Rebecca killed herself. Another funky occurrence was Jonah having to get his best friend Howard (?) into town for such a quick visit. What was this all about? Did he have a hand in this murder?

Jonah immediately went to work, calling in favors, doing what needed to be done to sabotage the investigation of Rebecca. It was obvious from Day 1 when her body was left in the courtyard for hours. No excuses accepted! A powerful man like Jonah and he couldn't get his girfriend's body removed from the spying public eyes? Don't kid yourself! How could one leave their loved one out in the open, uncovered like that?!

Nope, Jonah was too busy working on the cover-up and reaching out to the officials that would be handling this case. Was he ever given a polygraph as to what he knew about the murder? Another no, not the great Jonah. Remember, he had too many secrets he was hiding, Max's accident, his older children, the fact he was present when the accident happened, and now Rebecca.

Jonah stayed with Max, then virtually disappeared, appearing only for the two funerals. In fact, he has not been seen many times thru the years. What a shame he won't be called to testify in the upcoming trial. He could be asked about Rebecca's mood, how she was handling things, if and when did he tell her about the diagnosis for Max, etc. Of course, he would probably lie, lie, lie.
But what a satisfaction to get him on the stand without prepared questions! He might slip up and answer one question incorrectly that would throw a wrench in "their" story! One can dream, right?

My opinions only.

^ Only Rebecca and her sister were there when Max was injured. That is what Rebecca told the EMTs and CPO and that is what is in the report. One of the Zahaus former lawyers, Maritn Rudoy, has even confirmed that on Tricia's True Crrime Radio. The story you have imagined is very dramatic, but it is very far from the truth and no one was there but XZ and RZ.

My thinking has always been that Jonah's absence from the mansion ties into the unknown occurrences before Max's accident, I do not believe the story we have been told is the true one. I still believe that Jonah's two older children were there when the accident happened, as was Jonah.

All the rushing around in those first few minutes were to stage/discuss the story to be told. Jonah knows exactly what happened to Max! He didn't want either of his older children to be accused of being involved in the accident. He KNEW Dina would be livid!

Ole Jonah was doing what he knows best - looking out for himself. He never expected the turn of events as they happened. When he heard word of LE talking with Rebecca, then CPS was going to talk with her, he knew his reputation was going to be on the line if Rebecca did not follow the script he had issued as the story.

I have never pieced the story together of how the murder came about. Murder it was, there is not the slightest thought that Rebecca killed herself. Another funky occurrence was Jonah having to get his best friend Howard (?) into town for such a quick visit. What was this all about? Did he have a hand in this murder?

Jonah immediately went to work, calling in favors, doing what needed to be done to sabotage the investigation of Rebecca. It was obvious from Day 1 when her body was left in the courtyard for hours. No excuses accepted! A powerful man like Jonah and he couldn't get his girfriend's body removed from the spying public eyes? Don't kid yourself! How could one leave their loved one out in the open, uncovered like that?!

Nope, Jonah was too busy working on the cover-up and reaching out to the officials that would be handling this case. Was he ever given a polygraph as to what he knew about the murder? Another no, not the great Jonah. Remember, he had too many secrets he was hiding, Max's accident, his older children, the fact he was present when the accident happened, and now Rebecca.

Jonah stayed with Max, then virtually disappeared, appearing only for the two funerals. In fact, he has not been seen many times thru the years. What a shame he won't be called to testify in the upcoming trial. He could be asked about Rebecca's mood, how she was handling things, if and when did he tell her about the diagnosis for Max, etc. Of course, he would probably lie, lie, lie.
But what a satisfaction to get him on the stand without prepared questions! He might slip up and answer one question incorrectly that would throw a wrench in "their" story! One can dream, right?

My opinions only.

This has been my theory from the beginning as well.........

My opinions only.

If Jonah's two older children were present when the accident occurred, wouldn't the Zahau's be aware of this as XZ was there and I find it hard to believe that she would have withheld that information from her family for so long. Also, Jonah reportedly drove his two older kids to the airport early that morning and there would likely be evidence to confirm that.

I guess my question about your theory would be, if the two older children were present, why would XZ not have told her family by now? And if she did tell them, why haven't they gone public with this as it would likely help them have a better chance of getting the investigation into RZ's death reopened? I'm not trying to be disrespectful with these questions just wondering what your thoughts on those two issues are.

If Jonah's two older children were present when the accident occurred, wouldn't the Zahau's be aware of this as XZ was there and I find it hard to believe that she would have withheld that information from her family for so long. Also, Jonah reportedly drove his two older kids to the airport early that morning and there would likely be evidence to confirm that.

I guess my question about your theory would be, if the two older children were present, why would XZ not have told her family by now? And if she did tell them, why haven't they gone public with this as it would likely help them have a better chance of getting the investigation into RZ's death reopened? I'm not trying to be disrespectful with these questions just wondering what your thoughts on those two issues are.

The home is very large including a guest house. If both Rebecca and her sister were in bathrooms showering and what not, they may not have been aware of who specifically was there. At that exact moment when Max fell, perhaps, the older siblings were at the beach across the street or close to leaving - OR STILL THERE. They may not have known or at least Rebecca's sister may not have known that the older kids had not yet left.

The older children reportedly also had friends nearby. From my own experience vacationing in San Diego with my kids for the summer, it is very communal, social and frankly chaotic. I personally believe they got the heck out of there after the accident at Jonah's directive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MISSINGPERSONSMYSTERIES
Back