Who Has Heard Burke's Voice on The 911 Tape?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Have You Heard Burke's Voice on 911 Tape??

• YES

Votes: 115 44.7%
  • NO

Votes: 82 31.9%
  • NOT SURE

Votes: 60 23.3%

• Total voters
And furthermore, there are two sides to that conversation. The Ramseys presumably attempted to disconnect the call but failed and Burke just happened to speak. But nobody has even considered whether those voices are background noise on the 911 operators side. I'm not sure how many people would be in that room but my guess is that it wasn't busy being the day after Christmas, and there was probably conversations going on in that office.

The problem with that is that no children were reported to have been in the 9-1-1 operator's office.

Then there's PR and JR lying about BR being asleep after rumors about his voice being on the tape starts to spread. There's more evidence pointing to BR's voice being on the tape than not and some of it has nothing to do with actually hearing his voice, which many do.

The problem with that is that no children were reported to have been in the 9-1-1 operator's office.

Then there's PR and JR lying about BR being asleep after rumors about his voice being on the tape starts to spread. There's more evidence pointing to BR's voice being on the tape than not and some of it has nothing to do with actually hearing his voice, which many do.

OliviaG1996,
BBM: sure and once the R's knew people had heard a child's voice on the tape, they admitted it was BR, and that they were only protecting him, etc.

All three surviving R's are implicated in the death of JonBenet, precisely because they colluded in their lies and misrepresentation of the facts!

Can you tell the difference between a woman's and a boy's voice? There is a reason that women more often than not do the voices of children in animated shows like the simpsons, Bobs Burgers, etc; their voices sound like boys.

Can you tell the difference between a woman's and a boy's voice? There is a reason that women more often than not do the voices of children in animated shows like the simpsons, Bobs Burgers, etc; their voices sound like boys.

You make good points, but consider this:

From Foreign Faction - Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet? by James Kolar:

[Dispatcher Kimberly] Archuleta asked her supervisor if police had listened to the 911 tape and was told that they had already obtained a copy of the recording: "What about the end of the call? Have they listened to the tail end of the call after Patsy Ramsey had stopped talking?"

The supervisor looked back at Archuleta with a puzzled look on her face. "What are you talking about?" she asked.

The 911 call didn't end when Patsy stopped talking to her, Archuleta explained. The telephone line had not disconnected immediately, and she had heard a definite change in the tone of Patsy Ramsey's voice before the call was fully terminated. Archuleta explained that the hysterical nature of Patsy Ramsey's voice appeared to have dissipated, and she thought that she had been talking to someone nearby at her end of the telephone line. Investigators needed to listen to that extended part of the 911 call, Archuleta told her supervisor.

The 9-1-1 operator, Kimberly Archuleta, seemed pretty adamant in her belief that the voices she was hearing were coming from the call, not from anyone in or near the room she was receiving the call from.

You make good points, but consider this:

The 9-1-1 operator, Kimberly Archuleta, seemed pretty adamant in her belief that the voices she was hearing were coming from the call, not from anyone in or near the room she was receiving the call from.

Thanks for that. Bottom line is that what I have heard on the tapes is simply not clear enough to even tell what was said let alone distinguish who said it or the mood they were in when they said it.

Let's remember that Archuleta was not listening to a recording when she heard that supposed conversation, so it may have been much clearer when she heard it. Also, I have seen no evidence to suggest that we have heard the actual enhanced tape. The fact that the tapes had to be enhanced tells the story, that what ever was there was simply inaudible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I wanted to add. I think whatever was on the tapes is less important than the way the Ramsey's reacted when what might have been on the tapes was leaked. Whether or not there was anything on those tapes or not, the Ramsey's were forced in to amending their story to cover for yet another lie.

Just ask yourself why the Ramsey's would feel compelled to lie about the presence of their son that morning? Your child has been abducted and you are lying as to whether your son was in bed or not when you called police? Why???

One thing I wanted to add. I think whatever was on the tapes is less important than the way the Ramsey's reacted when what might have been on the tapes was leaked. Whether or not there was anything on those tapes or not, the Ramsey's were forced in to amending their story to cover for yet another lie.

Just ask yourself why the Ramsey's would feel compelled to lie about the presence of their son that morning? Your child has been abducted and you are lying as to whether your son was in bed or not when you called police? Why???

If my child was killed or kidnapped, I would have no problem saying that my son was up at the crack of dawn next to myself or husband the entire time. If I found a ransom note I'd practically glue my other child to myself. As Patsy said herself "Keep your babies close.. (sob)"

Weird that she basically dumped Burke as soon as she could to the Whites, huh? Why wouldn't she practice what she preached? Why wouldn't she keep Burke within eyesight at all possible times. If something like this happened to me I think I'd put my remaining child's bed in my room for the next year in abject terror that he'd be next.

They didn't seem as concerned. Not even that morning. They could have even woken him up to ask what he heard / knew. Did you hear anything last night? Did your sister come into your room? Getting all three remaining family members into one location to protect each other's safety and discuss if anything unusual was heard would be priority number one, until we contacted LE. There would be a long talk about contact LE in my household, though, because the note basically said one call and she's dead. I wouldn't just call LE without thinking it all carefully through.

If my child was killed or kidnapped, I would have no problem saying that my son was up at the crack of dawn next to myself or husband the entire time. If I found a ransom note I'd practically glue my other child to myself. As Patsy said herself "Keep your babies close.. (sob)"

Weird that she basically dumped Burke as soon as she could to the Whites, huh? Why wouldn't she practice what she preached? Why wouldn't she keep Burke within eyesight at all possible times. If something like this happened to me I think I'd put my remaining child's bed in my room for the next year in abject terror that he'd be next.

They didn't seem as concerned. Not even that morning. They could have even woken him up to ask what he heard / knew. Did you hear anything last night? Did your sister come into your room? Getting all three remaining family members into one location to protect each other's safety and discuss if anything unusual was heard would be priority number one, until we contacted LE. There would be a long talk about contact LE in my household, though, because the note basically said one call and she's dead. I wouldn't just call LE without thinking it all carefully through.

Lets not forget you are making these statements based on what you would do- as an innocent person finding your child kidnapped (then murdered). For one- the Rs themselves wrote that ransom note- there WAS no kidnapping, so their son was not in danger. That certainly explains their behavior. They had two reasons for getting BR out of the house that morning ASAP. One was that they did not want him talking to police. Now- his room was down the hall from JB. Wouldn't you WANT to be able to ask him did he or hear anything that might help police to find his sister? A familiar voice, male or female, or several voices? Doors opening, closing? JB's voice? Of course you would. I remember Elizabeth Smart"s kidnapping was solved partially because her little sister, though terrified, eventually told police she recognized the voice of the man who took her sister as someone who had done some work at the house.
The second reason was that they knew at some point there was a danger that someone might find JB's body in searching the house and did not want BR to be there to see it. Can't blame them for that, though. Even IF he might have seen her unconscious or newly dead, she looked a LOT worse as a corpse 12 hours later.

Lets not forget you are making these statements based on what you would do- as an innocent person finding your child kidnapped (then murdered). For one- the Rs themselves wrote that ransom note- there WAS no kidnapping, so their son was not in danger. That certainly explains their behavior.

Yep, fully agree here. That's what I was getting at. If a person was innocent, I would expect at least MOST of the similar things that I'd do in this case. If I or someone in my family were responsible though.... *smh*

In order to fully understand this case better I feel like I need to read up on cases like Smart, and others, where we know later that the parents were not responsible. I also need to look up cases where it was found with a lot of proof that the parents were indeed responsible. What were the differences between the way they acted? Were the 911 calls different? What evidence and clues were most common in these two kinds of cases involving child abduction or murder?

I heard it many years ago and it was clear. Burke was in the room with P and J while P was on the phone with LE. He said "What DID you find?" with emphasis on 'did'. "We're not talking to YOU" by J and 'please, what did I do?" by B.

My overall impression was that J was furious with B and went after him, that is when P gasps "oh my God!" at the end of her call before she hung up. I think she called in friends because she was afraid of J by then and felt he was going to attack her too. The fact that they sent B away and remained in separate rooms the whole morning while LE was there and even took separate cars to the Whites says it all. They spent NO time comforting each other or even asking questions to each other of who could have kidnapped the child. P just pretended to be overwhelmed and looked through her fingers at the officer on the scene.

B pretended to be asleep when an officer checked his room.

It is also very telling that J found the body. Arndt knew that if she sent him to search, he would come back with the child. She had discussed this with other LE - it is a risky move but is often very fruitful as it was here.

As a side note related to the 911 call, does anyone else find it odd that her first words were, "There's been a kidnapping!" This is probably the most passive way to state this (even if she didn't do or know anything) and the strangest. It sounds kind of like a screenplay line. Seems like Patsy couldn't drop the overly dramatic movie scenario that she created in her ransom note.

A way less strange way to say this could have been, "My daughter's gone!" or "I think my daughter was kiddnapped!" or "My child's gone and there's a note!"

I google searched Patsy's exact line. There wasn't any hits for the 911 call on the front page. But there were plenty of hits for fiction. Everything was fiction actually, except one or two snippets from a news report, both of which had additional information after the word kidnapping. The line sounds fictional because it is. This is how PR thinks kidnappings go and sound. She may have been educated but she sure as hell doesn't seem to have the on-your-feet smarts of someone who can think logically and critically when faced with a new situation like covering up a crime.

I think I would have said, "My daughter is gone and there is a ransom note!! The note stated not to call the police!"

That would have covered the key elements so that the dispatcher could ask the important questions she/he needs to ask. But, having never been in that situation I'm not really sure what I would have said.

What I don't believe is that there was a kidnapping at all. Patsy knew exactly what had happened, IMO.

Back on topic, I have listened to the 911 call so very many times and sometimes I think I hear Burke's voice and sometimes I don't. I am of no help whatsoever!

MOO

As a side note related to the 911 call, does anyone else find it odd that her first words were, "There's been a kidnapping!" This is probably the most passive way to state this (even if she didn't do or know anything) and the strangest. It sounds kind of like a screenplay line. Seems like Patsy couldn't drop the overly dramatic movie scenario that she created in her ransom note.

A way less strange way to say this could have been, "My daughter's gone!" or "I think my daughter was kiddnapped!" or "My child's gone and there's a note!"

I google searched Patsy's exact line. There wasn't any hits for the 911 call on the front page. But there were plenty of hits for fiction. Everything was fiction actually, except one or two snippets from a news report, both of which had additional information after the word kidnapping. The line sounds fictional because it is. This is how PR thinks kidnappings go and sound. She may have been educated but she sure as hell doesn't seem to have the on-your-feet smarts of someone who can think logically and critically when faced with a new situation like covering up a crime.
Actually, that’s not exactly what her words were. Most transcripts of the 911 call show her as saying, “We have a kidnapping... Hurry, please.” To me, that sounds even worse than the passive version you quoted. It sounds (to me) like someone trying to act like a cop or something.

But I’ve listened to it more times than anyone can imagine, and it sounds to me like she’s saying something slightly different. I think she says, “We HAD a kidnapping... Hurry, please.” The difference may not mean much except to those who carefully parse words and their exact meanings, and I can’t say with certainty that this is the case. But if she does use the past tense (had vs. have), it might be interpreted as her subconscious knowledge that the kidnapping is over. Much like the sheriff who initially interviewed Susan Smith, he noticed that while her two kids were still missing she kept referring to them in the past tense (e.g., “They WERE good kids,” rather than “They ARE good kids.”). He said he had learned at Quantico that this is something people do without realizing that their subconscious is giving away untold information.

Here’s a link to those words isolated from the rest of the recording. Listen and see what you think, Ellie:
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/c4s3ars6n24pxps/We_HAD_a_kidnapping.mp3

Also, here’s a link to a post with more links to the 911 recording and a transcript of the call:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Voice-on-The-911-Tape&p=12153184#post12153184

Actually, that’s not exactly what her words were. Most transcripts of the 911 call show her as saying, “We have a kidnapping... Hurry, please.” To me, that sounds even worse than the passive version you quoted. It sounds (to me) like someone trying to act like a cop or something.

But I’ve listened to it more times than anyone can imagine, and it sounds to me like she’s saying something slightly different. I think she says, “We HAD a kidnapping... Hurry, please.” The difference may not mean much except to those who carefully parse words and their exact meanings, and I can’t say with certainty that this is the case. But if she does use the past tense (had vs. have), it might be interpreted as her subconscious knowledge that the kidnapping is over. Much like the sheriff who initially interviewed Susan Smith, he noticed that while her two kids were still missing she kept referring to them in the past tense (e.g., “They WERE good kids,” rather than “They ARE good kids.”). He said he had learned at Quantico that this is something people do without realizing that their subconscious is giving away untold information.

Here’s a link to those words isolated from the rest of the recording. Listen and see what you think, Ellie:

Also, here’s a link to a post with more links to the 911 recording and a transcript of the call:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Voice-on-The-911-Tape&p=12153184#post12153184

It would be interesting to see that sentence on a sound spectrogram to see if the phoneme in question would show up as a voiced plosive (d) or a voiced fricative (v).

My mistake - you're right she does say 'we have a kidnapping'. It really does sound like something LE would say, especially in fiction. It just sounds so fake. I personally do hear 'have' but it doesn't make it any more natural sounding, and it's very far removed from personal. "We" sounds personal at first, but in context it's actually the royal we. Not "John and I" but "everyone." And of course no mention of the fact that she was told not to call 911. I don't know if it's possible, but they might have been able to get someone in an unmarked car at least, definitely she could have asked them not to use the siren. I personally worked a healthcare job where I needed the police just briefly for something non-urgent, and I didn't want to frighten the patients so I asked them to not use the siren and they didn't.

And back on the main topic, I can't really hear anything but PR's repetitive chanting at the end there. In the enhanced version I DO hear a childlike voice, but I cannot tell what the words are.

My mistake - you're right she does say 'we have a kidnapping'. It really does sound like something LE would say, especially in fiction. It just sounds so fake. I personally do hear 'have' but it doesn't make it any more natural sounding, and it's very far removed from personal. "We" sounds personal at first, but in context it's actually the royal we. Not "John and I" but "everyone." And of course no mention of the fact that she was told not to call 911. I don't know if it's possible, but they might have been able to get someone in an unmarked car at least, definitely she could have asked them not to use the siren. I personally worked a healthcare job where I needed the police just briefly for something non-urgent, and I didn't want to frighten the patients so I asked them to not use the siren and they didn't.

And back on the main topic, I can't really hear anything but PR's repetitive chanting at the end there. In the enhanced version I DO hear a childlike voice, but I cannot tell what the words are.

Ellie9,
BBM: Sure is. I cannot imagine Patsy dialling 911 and saying We have a homicide or more colloquially We have a murder.

I'm guessing it was JR who masterminded the wine-cellar staging, they never knew for a while if it would work, once JR realized it had performed beyond requirements, he found JonBenet!

It would be interesting to see that sentence on a sound spectrogram to see if the phoneme in question would show up as a voiced plosive (d) or a voiced fricative (v).
I use audio software called WavePad and another one called Audacity. Both are free if anyone cares to use them. Both programs will generate a spectogram of a recording. I'm not sure though if that would make it possible to differentiate between the sounds -- or at least I don't know enough to be able to use it for that purpose :D. It might be that rather than the basic spectogram, one of the other tools (TFFT maybe -- Time-Based Fast Fourier Transformer) would be more helpful. Here is some documentation about using the programs if you feel this might be helpful:

http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/spectrogram_view.html
http://help.nchsoftware.com/help/en/wavepad/win/spectrogram.html
http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/fft.html

[video=youtube;NFMrNtTPaSY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFMrNtTPaSY[/video]

At 1:23 in it sounds like Patsy is saying, "They're going to arrest me."

Years ago, back in the late 1990s I definitely heard a more enhanced call. It was on one of the news magazine or talk shows. In the background, after PR's "help me Jesus", there was the voice of a child. Some people hear "what did you find"? I could only hear a young child's voice. I definitely heard JR say "We aren't talking to you". Now why would JR not be talking to his son?

Years ago, back in the late 1990s I definitely heard a more enhanced call. It was on one of the news magazine or talk shows. In the background, after PR's "help me Jesus", there was the voice of a child. Some people hear "what did you find"? I could only hear a young child's voice. I definitely heard JR say "We aren't talking to you". Now why would JR not be talking to his son?

I do think this sounds fishy, and I am RDI, but to be fair, a lot of parents have to remind children of this when on the phone. I think as a kid I've heard this before. "We're not talking to you" is just a short way of saying, "She's talking on the phone, not to you, be quiet for now please." In this case he's probably using the royal 'we' that parents use quite a lot!

There could be something more to this, there definitely could be anger and there's a chance he really did mean this in the holding a grudge type of way. However, I think the biggest part of this is hearing a child's voice at all. They kept saying BR was asleep, and he wasn't obviously. The more lies we catch the R's in, the less 'innocent' they appear. So many pieces of evidence can be interpreted in a myriad of ways. But lies, well, innocent people don't need to be tangled up in a web of lies. The truth is easier, less messy, and the most helpful for finding the person responsible. Out of everything in this case, the lies might be some of the most compelling reasons for my belief that RDI.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back