Who Is Terri Horman?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She may have attended the science fair but not been with that son the entire time. She has other sons as well. Perhaps she was at another area of the science fair with one of her other sons during the time TH was there. Or maybe she was there for a few minutes unloading the projects, then left. I think the list was any parent who was there that morning, not necessarily for the entirety of the science fair. TH wasn't there the whole time. She left early.

The link that I posted says she was not there.

This thread has gone off topic. Reminders. We are not sleuthing family and friends. You may discuss K. Holm only as it relates to her public statements. You may not discuss who might have been on the list of visitors to the school that day except for what we can link to. If we can't link we do not discuss.

DO not continue to sleuth people who have not been named suspects in this case. And minor names are also being used. Initials only.

We are getting very sloppy with rumors and not following the rules.

Now get back on topic please. Who is Terri Horman?

Yeah... I'd say that malignant pretty much fits her.

Thanks for missing me, nosysw... I've been crazy busy with the holidays--hope you and yours have a good one!

I've missed you too Puf and it is good to see you back. xox

You are welcome, puff! I've been missing this time, away for the holidays, and trying to catch up with the threads...(also losing some posts with the poor internet connection here). Hope you're finally getting a chance to relax...Happy New Year to all- hopefully the new year will bring more answers to who Terri Horman is...but I think we've gotten pretty darn close!

Yeah... I'd say that malignant pretty much fits her.

Thanks for missing me, nosysw... I've been crazy busy with the holidays--hope you and yours have a good one!

I've missed you too Puf and it is good to see you back. xox

You are welcome, puff! I've been missing this time, away for the holidays, and trying to catch up with the threads...(also losing some posts with the poor internet connection here). Hope you're finally getting a chance to relax...Happy New Year to all- hopefully the new year will bring more answers to who Terri Horman is...but I think we've gotten pretty darn close!

Newly notorious Portlanders:
1. Terri Horman: Blame it on Facebook. Just hours after the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office reported that little Kyron Horman had gone missing after his stepmother, Terri Horman, took him to school, the public flocked to Horman’s Facebook page. With a picture of her younger daughter, K****, as her profile photo, Horman’s page revealed that she loved the TV crime shows CSI and Dexter (Kyron was last pictured in a CSI T-shirt) and was “hitting the gym” as investigators were searching for her son. Finally, sheriff’s investigators wised up and removed the page, but not before it did its damage sullying her public image. Now, Horman is represented by arguably the highest-profile criminal defense attorney in the state, Stephen Houze, as the investigation drags on.

http://portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=129366054945675100

How funny it is to me that Facebook might have "sullied her image" when in reality it was her choice to leave up her Facebook and her choice to write whatever she wrote there.

And there was that thing about a missing child. Just a small detail in her busy life. :banghead:

What a shallow article to "blame Facebook" and the police when clearly Terri had plenty of other publicity in the worldwide media. It's absurd.

JMOO

Who is Terri Horman? She is a woman that has an inordinate amount of self control compared to many possible "POI" that have been discussed in other cases on Websleuths. She has remained silent, avoided noticeable mischief or crimes, and hidden herself from the public's view. IMO, this shows that if she killed Kyron it was not because she "snapped" (experienced lapse in self control).

Exactly, facebook didn't damage her image- SHE DID.

This thread has gone off topic. Reminders. We are not sleuthing family and friends. You may discuss K. Holm only as it relates to her public statements. You may not discuss who might have been on the list of visitors to the school that day except for what we can link to. If we can't link we do not discuss.

DO not continue to sleuth people who have not been named suspects in this case. And minor names are also being used. Initials only.

We are getting very sloppy with rumors and not following the rules.

Now get back on topic please. Who is Terri Horman?

I believe Terri Horman is like many women these days - conflicted about her marriage, ambivalent about her children/step and otherwise, and wondering about her husband.

I believe she is no better or worse than most of us. She may have acted out, but so have a lot of us. The MFH sting was such a joke that I can't even take it seriously.

So, Terri texted some questionable stuff to a friend of KH's. Lots of people text questionable "stuff". MFH? So, arrest her then if LE can PROVE it. She was the "last" person to see Kyron? So are many parents who drop their kids off at school.

To me, Terri Horman is as much a victim of this case as any of the others. She has had her life and reputation ruined for what, in my opinion, is not much more than many other people have done/do.

I don't know Terri's thoughts, hopes, dreams, or fears, but neither do I know the same about anyone else in this case.

Kyron is gone - that all I KNOW - but my rat-sniffing nose tells me, probably only me, that there's a big one around here someplace and maybe it isn't Terri.

My opinion only

I believe Terri Horman is like many women these days - conflicted about her marriage, ambivalent about her children/step and otherwise, and wondering about her husband.

I believe she is no better or worse than most of us. She may have acted out, but so have a lot of us. The MFH sting was such a joke that I can't even take it seriously.

So, Terri texted some questionable stuff to a friend of KH's. Lots of people text questionable "stuff". MFH? So, arrest her then if LE can PROVE it. She was the "last" person to see Kyron? So are many parents who drop their kids off at school.

To me, Terri Horman is as much a victim of this case as any of the others. She has had her life and reputation ruined for what, in my opinion, is not much more than many other people have done/do.

I don't know Terri's thoughts, hopes, dreams, or fears, but neither do I know the same about anyone else in this case.

Kyron is gone - that all I KNOW - but my rat-sniffing nose tells me, probably only me, that there's a big one around here someplace and maybe it isn't Terri.

My opinion only

bbm

Well, I can only speak for myself and the women I know and am close to. And I can say for a certainty that I have never even suggested to another person that I might like to see my husband dead, even on my worst pms day. Nobody could ever misconstrue words I might say to mean that I would like for somebody to kill him.

Also, I have never sent a text to any person that I would be ashamed to have my mother, father, grandparents, or children read out loud on the six o'clock news. Neither have any of the women I associate with that I have discussed this case with. And she and I are pretty close in age, so it is not a generational difference. It is a quality of character difference.

And I have a pretty good rat sniffing nose myself. My nose says TH is neck deep in this mess, and it is all her own fault.

bbm

Well, I can only speak for myself and the women I know and am close to. And I can say for a certainty that I have never even suggested to another person that I might like to see my husband dead, even on my worst pms day. Nobody could ever misconstrue words I might say to mean that I would like for somebody to kill him.

Also, I have never sent a text to any person that I would be ashamed to have my mother, father, grandparents, or children read out loud on the six o'clock news. Neither have any of the women I associate with that I have discussed this case with. And she and I are pretty close in age, so it is not a generational difference. It is a quality of character difference.

And I have a pretty good rat sniffing nose myself. My nose says TH is neck deep in this mess, and it is all her own fault.

Amen Gwenabob, amen Gwenabob! Couldn't have said it better myself.

~JMO~

bbm

Gwen, you can also speak for me on that one.

bbm

ITA gwenabob. And from my perspective it's not just the sexual content, but the fact that she clearly understood that what she was doing was wrong (because she specifically asked MC to LIE about it if asked) and she did it anyway. While being investigated for child abduction/ murder. I don't think "lots of people" do that.

ITA gwenabob. And from my perspective it's not just the sexual content, but the fact that she clearly understood that what she was doing was wrong (because she specifically asked MC to LIE about it if asked) and she did it anyway. While being investigated for child abduction/ murder. I don't think "lots of people" do that.

Great point!

I don't think a lot of people would plead the fifth and lose their house, mustang, all earthly possessions and child either if they didn't do anything wrong.

Thursday is coming very quickly.

Great point!

I don't think a lot of people would plead the fifth and lose their house, mustang, all earthly possessions and child either if they didn't do anything wrong.

Thursday is coming very quickly.

ITA. Anyone that chooses to be silent and miserable in their own home, giving up their whole life to do so, rather than have contact with their young child and try to make something out of their lives or at least try to find the real killer of Kyron and Kyron himself is someone who definitely has something to hide.

My opinion only

I have to agree with this. No one involved in any missing persons case is perfect. I admire John Walsh for the example he set. He had opportunities to point fingers at his wife and his best friend. He said instead, I failed that good woman many times. He paid for his best friend's lawyer after he was targeted in the death of Adam. He knew that having an affair does not equal being a bad person. You do not have to be perfect to remain loveable or good.

It's not just a jump to go from accusing someone of having an affair to accusing them of premeditated murder. It's a quantum leap. Everyone who has been interviewed said the same thing--Terri was good with kids, loved kids, isn't wired that way, could never hurt a child, etc., and that's coming from people who were willing to find fault, like in-laws and ex husbands. That counts for a lot in my book.

I have to agree with this. No one involved in any missing persons case is perfect. I admire John Walsh for the example he set. He had opportunities to point fingers at his wife and his best friend. He said instead, I failed that good woman many times. He paid for his best friend's lawyer after he was targeted in the death of Adam. He knew that having an affair does not equal being a bad person. You do not have to be perfect to remain loveable or good.

It's not just a jump to go from accusing someone of having an affair to accusing them of premeditated murder. It's a quantum leap. Everyone who has been interviewed said the same thing--Terri was good with kids, loved kids, isn't wired that way, could never hurt a child, etc., and that's coming from people who were willing to find fault, like in-laws and ex husbands. That counts for a lot in my book.

People thought she was guilty even before the affair came out. I haven't read a single post here that said because Terri had an affair, she must be guilty of premeditated murder.

Maybe people thought she was guilty because she lies and asks others to lie for her about her whereabouts during a child abduction investigation, because her behavior after (and in some cases before) Kyron disappeared did not reflect the loving mother people believed her to be, and because those same people who thought Terri could "never harm a child" were also surprised to learn of her DUI with a child in the car ... as well as the lies that she told using her own baby as an alibi to sneak off to her sext partner's home (which she then asked him to lie about).

Does the affair figure into this as part of an overall tapestry? Sure. It is one pixel in a much larger picture that shows the life she projected to the world was not the one she was actually living.

I read John Walsh's book Tears of Rage. How he discovered his wife was having an affair. The situation was so wildly different - including the reactions of all involved when Adam went missing - that the fact that there was an affair is the only part of the story that seems to match this case.

It seems that the media attention in the past few months is entirely focused on Terri instead of on finding Kyron. All we hear about now is Terri this, Terri that and I don't see any urgency to find Kyron anymore. :/

It seems that the media attention in the past few months is entirely focused on Terri instead of on finding Kyron. All we hear about now is Terri this, Terri that and I don't see any urgency to find Kyron anymore. :/

I believe this is happening because people are discouraged about being unable to find Kyron, not that the urgency has been lost. People love this little boy. We are horrified that he has not yet been found.

Terri may or may not be responsible, but she has brought this negative attention on herself through her actions, and her unwillingness to cooperate with the investigation. She and/or her lawyer must realize that with the high level of frustration toward the lack of progress in this case, many eyes are going to rivet right on to her and not quit staring until there's some progress.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weskerwife
Back