who is this unidentified young girl? jumped/thrown from vehicle in AZ, 1999

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it would be very interesting to talk to the convenience store workers. Were she last was. And NOBODY just Jumps from a moving car on the highway without something happening to make them fear for their lives and thinking at least I might have a chance if I just JUMP out, instaed of staying in the car and SURELY DIEING!!!!! I cna't believe they just took their word for it that they were just giving her a ride. Look at the Karla Holmolka case , they were a Nice looking young couple, who went out and abducted young females to take home and rape and murder together. Karla lured them in and into the car, and the husband would rape and torture them and them kill them. Could it have been something like this?

I thought I had read someone here as actually talking to the investigators? If so, maybe they could list all of the questions you all have and present them?

yes!! great idea!!! another thought.. has she been compared to all the children's photos out there who were abducted by their parents..? maybe there's a photo of her out there as a baby or young toddler... or maybe it was never reported to begin with.. the mother/father died? was transient? in prison? didn't want to bring the attention of LE to themselves? didn't care? maybe the abducting parent is in mexico, or dead, or a drug addict... and this is why the girl was somewhat transient & slipped through the cracks.. & no one knew her enough to miss her? (because she was kept underground for many years..?) just a thought.
remember recently the teenage girl who was found in florida, whose father let her leave (or maybe she ran away?) because he was feeling guilty for kidnapping her, telling her her mom didn't didn't love her.. and the girl ended up in florida somehow, and eventually was arrested for something minor and they discovered she had been a missing child... i wonder if this goes on far more than we think.. those kidnapped kids do grow up.. what happens to them all...? surely many of their lives are totally dysfunctinal by then. if that girl hadn't gotten in trouble with the law, she may have never been found or discovered that her mom had been looking for her all these years.

maybe AZ jane doe's life was something like this......?

i still have this feeling she was just about to escape a situation she was imprisoned in for her whole life when she died. another thought.... perhaps she was sold off to someone unscrupulous in a black market adoption as a baby/young girl (think sharon marshall.. i think this has been said already). if there is a child predator out there who had her hidden, or moving around all the time, for many years.. and she had just escaped from him.. then he may still be out there somewhere, and of course, he isn't going to report her missing.
did they check her for any signs of sexual abuse? i also wonder if they checked to see if she'd ever been pregnant.

about the convenience store.... i am also wondering if they talked to those who were working there that day. did they see anyone drop her off? is there a bus stop nearby? did she just appear there all of a sudden? what was her behavior like and how long was she there? did she ask anyone for money or anything else?

here then are the questions i would love to have answered:

1. what, specically, did the girl say? I don't care if it was three words, three sentences, or a long rambling litany - just want to know to the best of folk's memories, what exactly she said.

2. who, exactly, spoke with her - the couple, the man, the woman, anyone in the convience store? did she start the exchange or did they?

3. did she appear to them tired, distressed, calm what? did she have any apparent injuries on her before the "accident"?

4. was her head shaved a bit in the hospital, and then the front part swept over to cover the shaving?

5. how far back was her trail taken>? where was she before being in the convenience store?

6. did they put up any posters in the store, in the area, with her picture or sketches of her asking if anyone had seen that girl? if so, were there any responses?

7. was her picture compared with all known pics of girls in that age group who have been reported missing, kidnapped - do they continue to compare it?

8. could the couple agree to take a lie detector? what about sodium pentathol or whatever the truth serum is.....just clutching at straws here, but damn, this case is so frustrating!!!!!

i know, it certainly is. i wish we knew if there was someone who actively worked on this case and exhausted every lead, or if it was just quickly forgotten about. there is so little information about it!

does anyone have any questions to add to my list, by the by?

timetravel.....

there have been questions here before about her clothing and the mystery brooch that showed up in the reconstruct. So, maybe a question about what she was wearing when found. If we can't get an "exact" description, I'm curious as to whether she was dressed like a typical teen or was it more of a "prostitute look" (forgive me for that one, if she was in that line of work, I'm sure it was a forced situation).

Also, did she have a purse with her at the convenience store? Did she buy anything (they may not remember a purse unless she actually made a purchase)?

If she didn't buy anything, what was she doing? Using a restroom, looking for a phone....?

Did the couple who picked her up actually enter the store? If not, what were they doing?

Word them as you see fit or discard them, whatever. These are just some of my questions.

i posed a ton of questions but they are all in my posts. we can always send all of them to the mariposa forensic unit.... and ask them directly if they have been looked into. i think i wrote someone from there a while back, saying there was a thread on AZ doe- and a group of people discussing the case, if anyone (who may have been working on it) wanted to have a look.. or join in, if that is possible.

that sounds like a great idea reb - anyone with an "in" with anyone in the mariposa forensic unit? or someone in the law enforcement division? if not, if i can get an email i'll be glad to give it a go - i'll do my best to compile all questions as sanely as possible so its not too overwhelming....let me know...

Nothing against anyone at all, but I suggest Reb make a call, or choose someone to do it, since Reb brought this case to WS.

I suggest that whoever is going to make the call

Prints this thread out and compose an email with all questions, possible matches listed here, links to anything pertinent, then use this email as your guide for phone call.... Then I'd call

Maricopa County Medical Examiner
Forensic Science Center
701 West Jefferson
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Ph: 602-506-3322 Fax: 602-506-1546

explaining that you are a volunteer case investigator for an online crime board. You are interested in talking to the lead investigator for case # blah blah blah...once you get the investigator to talk to you explain that you and a group of volunteer investigators have been discussing this case and you'd like to #1 submit information (there are several possible matches in this thread, have all that together and ready to give info) and see what they'd be willing to answer for you/discuss with you? Many questions given here may lead to more clues or things they have not thought of! Then also ask for their email telling them you will send them everything discussed via phone by email, have this email prepared ahead of time with all questions, pictures, possible matches, and a link to this thread. Invite them to join our discussion.

Just idears :D

wouldn't it be bizarre if the man & woman turned out to be her real parents, that she was sent back to?.. or a couple that she was sent to live with.. and for whatever reason, she did not want to be with them.... i.e., what if she KNEW the couple she took a ride with? maybe she was dropped off or sent to meet them there... or, maybe she was told they were going to take her somewhere but then after she got in the car, they told her they were going somewhere else... and she said NO WAY!-- and jumped... hhmmm....

here's a question... how did the cops find the man & woman in the first place? did they call the police after the girl fell/jumped? did they turn around and try to help her after she jumped...?????? it seems to me.. that if someone fell/jumped out of your car,, you would not just keep driving!!!! and since it appears that they did (just keep driving).... then doesn't that make them extremely suspect??? if someone fell/jumped from my car, even if they were a hitchhiker i just picked up (which i would not do anyway)... i would certainly be concerned if they might be dying on the side of the road.

this is what makes me think that

1) they picked her (as a stranger) up for unscrupulous reasons.. or
2) they already knew her, and came there to get her.. but when she jumped, they did not want to get LE involved since they were involved in some dirty business.

(just brainstorming)

OK... i complied a huge list of our questions & sent it in.. christine.. didn't you already submit a couple matches, and they wrote back thanking you?
i hope it's not completely annoying for them to have someone send a long list of questions (instead of answers!) i am also guessing they can't really discuss the case publicly.. but who knows.

reb - can you possibly show us the huge list of our questions? Just as a reference point when or if you get a reply.......thanks - and thanks for doing that....

i got a nice letter from suzi dodt (maricopa med ex), saying everything we've thought of has already been looked into, and that they can't discuss it publicly... i will post it here if she gives me permission to do so...

sure, timetravel- here's what i sent in.. all stuff that they have aleady covered.. (glad to know that!):

<<Did she have a purse with her at the convenience store? Did she buy anything (they may not remember a purse unless she actually made a purchase)?

If she didn't buy anything, what was she doing? Using a restroom, looking for a phone....?

Did anyone see someone drop her off, or did she just appear?

Did the couple who picked her up actually enter the store? If not, what were they doing?

What, specically, did the girl say? I don't care if it was three words, three sentences, or a long rambling litany - just want to know to the best of folk's memories, what exactly she said.

Who, exactly, spoke with her - the couple, the man, the woman, anyone in the convience store? did she start the exchange or did they?

Did she appear to them tired, distressed, anxious, calm what? did she have any apparent injuries on her before the "accident"?

Did she appear to be headed somewhere, or escaping something/someone, or just wandering, lost?

Did she act innocent, jaded, street-wise (or not)?

Did she speak intelligently? (note: i.e., ws she well-spoken, or did she mumble... or did the way she talked have any indication of her intelligence, or did she seem to have any mental deficiency... not that you can always tell this by the way a person talks!)

Did she have an accent?

Did she buy anything? Was she asking anyone for money, or anything else?

Was her head shaved a bit in the hospital, and then the front part swept over to cover the shaving?

How far back was her trail taken.. where was she before being in the convenience store?

Did they ever talk with anyone in the store about what they saw?

Was the video surveillance camera checked?

Did they put up any posters in the store, in the area, with her picture or sketches of her asking if anyone had seen that girl? if so, were there any responses?

Was her picture compared with all known pics of girls in that age group who have been reported missing, kidnapped - do they continue to compare it?

Were her fingernails checked for DNA.. or were there any other signs of a struggle (aside from injuries form jumping from the car?)

Did the man have any scratches, bruises, or any other indication of a struggle?

Could the couple agree to take a lie detector?
We are wondering.. if the woman is no longer with the man.... she may be willing to reveal more (if there is more to tell).

During the autopsy was she checked for sexual abuse/assault, or if she had ever given birth?

Any drugs in her system? >>

i got a nice letter from suzi dodt (maricopa med ex), saying everything we've thought of has already been looked into, and that they can't discuss it publicly... i will post it here if she gives me permission to do so...

So they have already check the DNA with ambers and michella's

so are you saying there was basically nothing in her email to add to what we (what little we)_already know? Is there a chance they have answers to some of those questions but because its an ongoing investigation they can't give us detectives the answers? oh so frustrating!!!!!

by the way - if nothing else, at least we are thorough lol!!!!

From the morgue photo it looks like to me that the girls right hand side of the lip (our left as we look at her) gives a good indication of what her true lip size.shape could have been like. In that aspect Im thinking of Michaela Garecht too as she has quite distinctive shaped lips in a similar style.

Is it certain that the couple travelling with her were spoken to by police? Surely they couldnt have got away with just saying she didnt say anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member