DNA Solves

Who Killed Jon Benet Ramsey? POLL

• John

Votes: 124 8.4%
  • Patsy

Votes: 547 37.2%
  • Burke

Votes: 340 23.1%
  • An Intruder, (anyone including someone known to them)

Votes: 459 31.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her agenda was well known. From her single days as MK, assistant DA to AH, she was committed to seeing PR cleared of the crime. She was a feminist (nothing wrong with that) and from day 1 wouldn't even consider a case against the Rs. And it wasn't the only case of parental misconduct in a child's death she refused to prosecute. (Midyette?)
Her agenda was always to exonerate the Rs, especially PR, at any cost.

:woohoo::woohoo:

SOMEBODY had to say it.

Prefer not to coment on other cases.

It shows. That's too bad, because context is important.

Have you considered that she just believed they were innocent? If she did believe that, she would hardly act like she thought they were guilty.

I'm sure she did think that. It's the WHY she thought it that bugs me.

I think they are too, so does that make me part of the conspiracy as well?

Nobody said ANYTHING about any conspiracy. We're talking about ONE person with far too much power and far too few qualifications with far too much confidence in their own righteousness.

That's quite a nasty comment and intended as a put down. You keep bringing up other local cases and expect me to be familiar with them just because you are. When I am not, you chalk it up to a win for your superior intelligence. I don't have the time to spend researching and checking the veracity of what you are saying about other matters. Just stick to this case and what happened in this context if you don't mind. I'm sure there are other forums where you can discuss the other cases you are obviously so familiar with.

I'm sure she did think that. It's the WHY she thought it that bugs me.

OK. Why in your opinion, did she think that?

Nobody said ANYTHING about any conspiracy. We're talking about ONE person with far too much power and far too few qualifications with far too much confidence in their own righteousness.

No, what you are implying is that she was corrupt. You completely dismiss the probability that she knows something you don't.

That's quite a nasty comment and intended as a put down. You keep bringing up other local cases and expect me to be familiar with them just because you are. When I am not, you chalk it up to a win for your superior intelligence.

Mm-mm. That's not it at all. I just figured that since you show such great interest in this case, you might be interested in some others as a way of providing insight. That's all.

I don't have the time to spend researching and checking the veracity of what you are saying about other matters. Just stick to this case and what happened in this context if you don't mind.

That's fine by me.

OK. Why in your opinion, did she think that?

I'm glad you asked. I think DD nailed it spot-on: Prejudice, pure and simple. ML was known by many to be a hardcore feminist who sided with women she felt were victims regardless of facts.

No, what you are implying is that she was corrupt.

No, merely blinded by her own ego and ideology.

You completely dismiss the probability that she knows something you don't.

I wouldn't say I dismiss it. It would be more accurate to say I have my doubts. Michael Kane once said publically that ML acted as though she hadn't even read the case file.

SuperDave;5623161]Mm-mm. That's not it at all. I just figured that since you show such great interest in this case, you might be interested in some others as a way of providing insight. That's all.

No, you use these other cases to illustrate points in this case. When I ask you for proof, you sprout something that happened elsewhere. If you have no proof, just say so. I'm not interested in other cases, just this one.

I'm glad you asked. I think DD nailed it spot-on: Prejudice, pure and simple. ML was known by many to be a hardcore feminist who sided with women she felt were victims regardless of facts.

No, merely blinded by her own ego and ideology.

She thought they were innocent because she was a feminist and PR was female. Well, there you go, a hard core feminist siding with female victims regarless of facts, blinded by her own ego and ideology. Wow!! And the reason she thought JR was innocent? Was that because she was a feminist too and fancied him? Boy, I thought dinosours like you were extinct.

I wouldn't say I dismiss it. It would be more accurate to say I have my doubts. Michael Kane once said publically that ML acted as though she hadn't even read the case file.

"Kane made a name for himself in 1984 by securing the conviction of a Denver man who murdered his girlfriend's 9-year-old daughter. There were no eyewitnesses to the crime and the murder weapon was never found.

In 1991, he convinced a Pennsylvania grand jury to indict a mother for the murder of her child, a killing that initially had been ruled an accident. The woman later pleaded guilty to third-degree murder"

Well, he wasn't brought there because he was good at prosecuting traffic convictions. He had a reputation ot uphold and he was obviously disappointed he didn't get a positive result in this case. Some men can't handle working for women anyway.

No, you use these other cases to illustrate points in this case.

That I do.

When I ask you for proof, you sprout something that happened elsewhere.

When you ask for proof that police procedures are such and such, how ELSE am I supposed to prove it?

If you have no proof, just say so.

If I have no proof, I DO say so. I just find it helpful to illustrate how justice in Boulder is different from justice everywhere else.

I'm not interested in other cases, just this one.

So you've convinced me.

She thought they were innocent because she was a feminist and PR was female. Well, there you go, a hard core feminist siding with female victims regarless of facts, blinded by her own ego and ideology. Wow!!

"Wow," is right! Not because it's a ludicrous assertion, but because it's most likely an accurate one. I didn't say anything there that hasn't been said by people who knew her. And I'd be more than happy to elaborate for you. You might want to think about that instead of just dismissing it.

And the reason she thought JR was innocent? Was that because she was a feminist too and fancied him?

No, I don't think that was it. One, I think she was intimidated by his wealth. Her conduct in the Midyette case adds credence to that. Two, and this ties in with her conduct toward PR, ML seems to have a very specific idea of just what "kind" of person kills their child. By her own admission, she shared the opinion of her colleagues that the Rs didn't fit the profile of murdering parents.

Boy, I thought dinosaurs like you were extinct.

That remark is beneath response.

"Kane made a name for himself in 1984 by securing the conviction of a Denver man who murdered his girlfriend's 9-year-old daughter. There were no eyewitnesses to the crime and the murder weapon was never found.

In 1991, he convinced a Pennsylvania grand jury to indict a mother for the murder of her child, a killing that initially had been ruled an accident. The woman later pleaded guilty to third-degree murder"

My point exactly. He wasn't like the average Boulder prosecutor. He was a tough, smart fighter who got results, especially in child murders.

Well, he wasn't brought there because he was good at prosecuting traffic convictions.

That's certainly true. Although to hear him tell it, he wasn't brought on for much of anything. He was little more than window-dressing.

He had a reputation ot uphold and he was obviously disappointed he didn't get a positive result in this case.

I think he was more disappointed as to why he didn't get a postive result in this case.

Some men can't handle working for women anyway.

You're wasting your time and mine with that.

That I do.

When you ask for proof that police procedures are such and such, how ELSE am I supposed to prove it?

If I have no proof, I DO say so. I just find it helpful to illustrate how justice in Boulder is different from justice everywhere else.

So you've convinced me.

"Wow," is right! Not because it's a ludicrous assertion, but because it's most likely an accurate one. I didn't say anything there that hasn't been said by people who knew her. And I'd be more than happy to elaborate for you. You might want to think about that instead of just dismissing it.

No, I don't think that was it. One, I think she was intimidated by his wealth. Her conduct in the Midyette case adds credence to that. Two, and this ties in with her conduct toward PR, ML seems to have a very specific idea of just what "kind" of person kills their child. By her own admission, she shared the opinion of her colleagues that the Rs didn't fit the profile of murdering parents.

That remark is beneath response.

My point exactly. He wasn't like the average Boulder prosecutor. He was a tough, smart fighter who got results, especially in child murders.

That's certainly true. Although to hear him tell it, he wasn't brought on for much of anything. He was little more than window-dressing.

I think he was more disappointed as to why he didn't get a postive result in this case.

You're wasting your time and mine with that.

Hmm, how come I started this conversation with DD and then you jumped in as if it was about you? You aren't one and the same person, are you, by any chance? Cute!!

Hmm, how come I started this conversation with DD and then you jumped in as if it was about you? You aren't one and the same person, are you, by any chance? Cute!!

Forgive me; I thought you wanted to have a conversation.

You didn't answer the question.

Of course, I didn't. It's a ridiculous question, an obvious attempt to change the subject. YOU asked the question. I didn't know I needed an engraved invitation to join in, but I did nonetheless. And you were more than happy to go back and forth with me on it, blithely dismissing my assertions UNTIL I started getting into specifics. It was then that you started getting reticent and pulled this latest stunt. I'm very interested in why you did that.

And no, I am not DD. Honestly, I wish I could take credit for what she says, but I can't. I don't even know DD. We've never met.

Shall I address you both as SD/DD in future?

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
Her agenda was well known. From her single days as MK, assistant DA to AH, she was committed to seeing PR cleared of the crime. She was a feminist (nothing wrong with that) and from day 1 wouldn't even consider a case against the Rs. And it wasn't the only case of parental misconduct in a child's death she refused to prosecute. (Midyette?)

Her agenda was always to exonerate the Rs, especially PR, at any cost.

Originally Posted by MurriFlower View Post
Prefer not to coment on other cases.

Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post

Originally Posted by MurriFlower View Post
That's quite a nasty comment and intended as a put down. You keep bringing up other local cases and expect me to be familiar with them just because you are. When I am not, you chalk it up to a win for your superior intelligence.

SuperDave;5623161]Mm-mm. That's not it at all. I just figured that since you show such great interest in this case, you might be interested in some others as a way of providing insight. That's all.

MurriFlower: No, you use these other cases to illustrate points in this case. When I ask you for proof, you sprout something that happened elsewhere. If you have no proof, just say so. I'm not interested in other cases, just this one. If I have no proof, I DO say so. I just find it helpful to illustrate how justice in Boulder is different from justice everywhere else.

That I do.
If I have no proof, I DO say so.
I just find it helpful to illustrate how justice in Boulder is different from justice everywhere else.

Hmmmm, well it slipped seamlessly from DD to SD, as if you were a bit confused as to just who you were!! I had always thought you were two different posters but now I'm not so sure.

Now, exactly what were those specifics you were getting into that I was supposed to have been diverting attention from?

You didn't answer the question. Shall I address you both as SD/DD in future?

Trust me, we are not the same person. But as they say, great minds think alike. SD is a young man, I believe, and I am a 60-something grandma from New Jersey. My experience with bodies, as you asked before, consists of knowing where they are buried. In New Jersey, we ALL know that.

Trust me, we are not the same person. But as they say, great minds think alike. SD is a young man, I believe, and I am a 60-something grandma from New Jersey. My experience with bodies, as you asked before, consists of knowing where they are buried. In New Jersey, we ALL know that.

"Two minds with but a single thought
Two hearts that beat as one"

A perfect symbiosis.

Hmmmm, well it slipped seamlessly from DD to SD,

I can't help that.

as if you were a bit confused as to just who you were!!

I know exactly who I am. I would also remind you of what happened to the last person who accused posters of being more than one person.

I had always thought you were two different posters but now I'm not so sure.

You thought right.

Now, exactly what were those specifics you were getting into that I was supposed to have been diverting attention from?

Most notably, I figured you wouldn't accept the assertion about ML's ideology leading her charge on my say-so alone, so I came prepared. I offered to show you some similar statements from people who knew and worked with her, such as Frank Coffman. That's the best place I can think of to start.

SD is a young man, I believe, and I am a 60-something grandma from New Jersey.

Quite so. I live in New England, and I'll be 29 this Saturday...IF I live that long! Provided that I don't get so angry that I have a stroke at my desk.

MurriFlower said:
"Two minds with but a single thought
Two hearts that beat as one"

A perfect symbiosis.

You say it like it's a bad thing!

Now, here's an interesting quote I just found. No doubt you guys already know this, but I thought the FBI had jurisdiction. Apparently not.

"The FBI is an important agency to contact, because although the FBI does not have jurisdiction over murder or assault, if informed, they do have an active interest in any other law enforcement agencies that do not follow through with an honest investigation and prosecution should a murder occur. Civil rights are involved at that point. No local crooked lawyer, judge, or corrupt police official wants to be within a country mile if that comes to light!"

On that basis, I'd be interested in your comments SD, regarding your perception that the DA's office blocked the BPD's investigation. I'd also be interested to hear what the FBI thought of the BPD's investigation of this murder. It appears that if they believed anything had not been done correctly by either, the FBI have some powers to act. If this is so, what did they do? If not, why not?

Now, here's an interesting quote I just found. No doubt you guys already know this, but I thought the FBI had jurisdiction. Apparently not.

"The FBI is an important agency to contact, because although the FBI does not have jurisdiction over murder or assault, if informed, they do have an active interest in any other law enforcement agencies that do not follow through with an honest investigation and prosecution should a murder occur. Civil rights are involved at that point. No local crooked lawyer, judge, or corrupt police official wants to be within a country mile if that comes to light!"

On that basis, I'd be interested in your comments SD, regarding your perception that the DA's office blocked the BPD's investigation. I'd also be interested to hear what the FBI thought of the BPD's investigation of this murder. It appears that if they believed anything had not been done correctly by either, the FBI have some powers to act. If this is so, what did they do? If not, why not?

I don't think that they have power to act(over LE),I think they are more like some advisors,they recommend and help you out if you ask them to but that's it.Pls correct me if I am wrong,it's just IMO.

On that basis, I'd be interested in your comments SD, regarding your perception that the DA's office blocked the BPD's investigation.

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at, MF. Are you suggesting that since the FBI didn't get involved, the DA didn't hinder the BPD's investigation attempts?

Far as I know, there's no law against being a lousy prosecutor. While the FBI believed that the DA was showing extremely poor judgment, they hadn't really done anything illegal. Nobody wants to challenge a sitting prosecutor unless they have no choice.

I'd also be interested to hear what the FBI thought of the BPD's investigation of this murder.

As would I.

It appears that if they believed anything had not been done correctly by either, the FBI have some powers to act. If this is so, what did they do? If not, why not?

Very limited powers. I think maddy's got it.

In the autopsy report the size of the head wound is 7x4, that number just kept going through my head as belonging to something.
It finally clicked.
The standard size of a stair tread is close to 7x4. Could JBR have been thrown down a flight of stairs. Not fell, but forcefully thrown. She has some injuries that are minor and could have been from her bike riding the day before. Some of the abrasions seem fresh and are located on both sides of her body. I wonder if it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc