Who was George Brody?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Annasmom, it are so much dreams for anyone... rarely it is a very vivid dream; and so rarely, it is a meeting with another spirit, living in the world or living in other world, however always living...
a dream, as vision or presage have some basic identification mark:
1. is always very VIVID
2. the person, in awakening, it does not understand which it was the dream and which the reality
3. involvement of the feelings
4. if the dream is abt a died person, NORMALLY, the dream have a admonishment, advice for to help in some way the living, and abt something in him life
5. in the day previous the dream, the dreamer no thinked to the person of dream
6.sometime a dream, abt a died person, concerning the concept, in the dream, that the person is died and that meet the dreamer in other dimension
7. the person, decesead, in the dream, can to speaks or not with dreamer; whet it speaks, he, very rarely, speaks as we in this world; he speaks in a shape, that we call: "in the doubt"; better: it speaks saying a concept, but in another shape... the died person in a dream, always speaking saying the truth, but in a mysterious shape, so no easy; normally this shapes are the same of "puzzle" joke; and this puzzle's shape is made always second the dreamer knowdlege; for exemple if my mother, decesead, say me in a dream something, she will use always the language used in the life with me, or that I use in my slang etc... never she will use the words that I know not... so the language must be comprensible, but in puzzle shape... the difficulties of puzzle shape are, normally, second the dreamer intelligence; so you, as dreamer, must earing, must understand, but you cannot assume the concept easy, directly, but only by effort, or after that dream as presage, it happen.... my mother loved the dream and I raised up with dream knowdlege....
8. so it is no easy to understand what a died people saying us, but is easy to understand if the dream is a vision abt a decesead person, or a presage with a decesead person, that advice abt some thing the dreamer... the dreams with no feeling involvement, normally are our psyche trash...of l1 or 2 last days...

now I know only some your dreams or the dreams that you wrote... frankly in some dreams, seeming that Anna wished being find.. also seeming that she was no peaceful, calm... in some other ... differently ....strange...

Dear Annasmom, what you know in your heart abt Anna destiny is the truth abt her destiny..I wish think that Anna is living, maybe married and happy... maybe...
regards, raf

a bit:
in
-in 1920 resident in Philadelphia: George N Brody plumber profession; married at Margaret V; no children.. ;
in same house address: 32 N Frazier St, Philadelphia, PA USA, it was living also: Charles Scherff ( of Germany heritage) and Maude wife; with Anna or Ellen or Elano ( or similar spell-no much readable on the census) Murphy, 16 old, sister in law living in the family born in Delaware( father birthplace: Maryland; mother birthplace: Delaware.... sister in law of Charles Scherff

I found a note on the census explaining that the girl was the sister in law of Charles Scherff;

in 1930 of San Francisco, the same man(GNB) declaring abt:
Whether a veteran of the
U.S. military or
naval forces mobilized
for any war or
expedition

reply: NO
someone know what meaning? Why?

here the 2 censuses of 1920 Philadelphia and 1930 San Francisco; it is the same man, because he appearing not in 1930 Philadelphia census, so he moved to San Francisco... thank to all for attention, regards, raf

Attachments

• 1920GNB.jpg
    1920GNB.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 1930 GNB.jpg
    1930 GNB.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 63
Following the main trace (abt GNB) however I found a article of 1941 abt a George Brody in Berkeley, CA (by Oakland Tribune):

Attachments

• 1941.jpg
    1941.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 89
This sounds like our Brody. If it is him, then I think that we can eliminate the "Brody was a boxer" theory - some guy -slaps him and Brody spins around like a top? And then Brody calls the cops instead of cold-cocking the guy with a left hook? Doesn't sound like a boxer to me.

Why would a "picket" be patrolling in front of a barbershop?

This sounds like our Brody. If it is him, then I think that we can eliminate the "Brody was a boxer" theory - some guy -slaps him and Brody spins around like a top? And then Brody calls the cops instead of cold-cocking the guy with a left hook? Doesn't sound like a boxer to me.

Why would a "picket" be patrolling in front of a barbershop?
The link doesn't work for me. Would someone copy it and PM it to me? Thanks.

maybe can help dear Annasmom:
Berkeley, 1941 Oct 2-Suspect freed of picket’s charge

It required a jury but 15 minutes to find Joseph G Sgroe, 29, innocent of battery charges in connection with alleged assault on a ticket patrolling in front on a barber shop at 1906 University Avenue last august 5.
The case was heard in the court of Police judge Oliver Young jr.
According in prosecution witness testimony, as Sgroe who lives at 1912 Sacramento st, was entering the barber shop he saw Picket George Brody, 36, the plaintiff, jot down his license number.
Sgroe retraced his steps, the testimony said, and demanded the memo from Brody. When Brody turned his back, Sgroe slapped him in the face with such force that he spun him around, the testimony related.
At this juncture, Brody, who lives at 1724 San Pablo Avenue, called for help. Patrolman B.W. Gocke responded.

raf

maybe can help dear Annasmom:
Berkeley, 1941 Oct 2-Suspect freed of picket’s charge

It required a jury but 15 minutes to find Joseoh G Sgroe, 29, innocent of battery charges in connection with alleged assault on a ticket patrolling in front on a barber shop at 1906 University Avenue last august 5.
The case was heard in the court of Police judge Oliver Young jr.
According in prosecution witness testimony, as Sgroe who lives at 1912 Sacramento st, was entering the barber shop he saw Picket George Brody, 36, the plaintiff, jot down his license number.
Sgroe retraced his steps, the testimony said, and demanded the memo from Brody. When Brody turned his back, Sgroe slapped him in the face with such force that he spun him around, the testimony related.
At this juncture, Brody, who lives at 1724 San Pablo Avenue, called for help. Patrolman B.W. Gocke responded.

raf
Dear Raf, it's amazing that you found this! So if this is our Brody, we have a birthdate of 1905 for him (which fits our estimates) as well as a Berkeley address, which fits in with the Oakland (East Bay, next to Berkeley) bank and other connections.

Interestingly there's no SSDI entry for anyone by the name of George Brody born in 1904 or 1905 either.

Sgroe, by way of a check, died at age 70 in 1982.

Edited to add our George is in the California index but there are no details matching this George.

Dear Raf, it's amazing that you found this! So if this is our Brody, we have a birthdate of 1905 for him (which fits our estimates) as well as a Berkeley address, which fits in with the Oakland (East Bay, next to Berkeley) bank and other connections.
I bet this also is Brody's so-called "political" connection...picketing something or other in 1941. Fits.

Hi, I think that could be interesting to find the case document in court of Police judge Oliver Young jr. It could be possible?
Frankly, after this article reading, it seems matching enough... maybe Sgroe broken the GB nose ......
Regards, raf

If L is in fact George Brody's middle initial, there is a George L, son, listed in the 1910 Census with an appx birth year of 1906. I don't have an ancestry membership so someone would have to take a look. Was this GB previously eliminated or does he still need to be looked at?

Interestingly there's no SSDI entry for anyone by the name of George Brody born in 1904 or 1905 either.

Sgroe, by way of a check, died at age 70 in 1982.

Edited to add our George is in the California index but there are no details matching this George.
and this could be the military enlistment:

U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946
about Joseph J Sgroe Jr
Name: Joseph J Sgroe Jr
Birth Year: 1912 Race: White, not yet a citizen (White)
Nativity State or Country: Italy or San Marino
State: California
County or City: Alameda

Enlistment Date: 16 Feb 1943
Enlistment State: California

Enlistment City: San Francisco
Branch: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
Branch Code: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
Grade: Private
Grade Code: Private
Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men)
Source: National Guard in Federal Service, after 3 months of Discharge

Education: 3 years of high school
Civil Occupation: Bridge Builder (Bridge carpenter. ) or Car Carpenter, Railway or Carpenter, Construction* (Carpenter, general.) or Carpenter, Ship An asterisk (*) appearing after a job title indicates that a trade test for the particular occupation will be found in the U
Marital Status: Separated, without dependents
Height: 67
Weight: 151

I wonder what George would have been picketing in 1941. Why would he need to write down someones license plate number too?

I see that too, Cubby. I do not have ancestry.com though. If this is him, he had a sister named Elizabeth, with approx birth year 1908, and a father named George A and a mother named Minnie. The location is given as Rockingham, NH. There is also a George L Brody with approx birthdate of 1907 from Gwinnett, GA, and a George Brody with an approx birthdate of 1902, with a spouse Rosamond, and location of Cook, IL. There is a Rosamond Brody who died in Los Angeles, CA with a birth state of IL. She was born in 1902. Could this be a spouse?

If L is in fact George Brody's middle initial, there is a George L, son, listed in the 1910 Census with an appx birth year of 1906. I don't have an ancestry membership so someone would have to take a look. Was this GB previously eliminated or does he still need to be looked at?

I see that too, Cubby. I do not have ancestry.com though. If this is him, he had a sister named Elizabeth, with approx birth year 1908, and a father named George A and a mother named Minnie. The location is given as Rockingham, NH. There is also a George L Brody with approx birthdate of 1907 from Gwinnett, GA, and a George Brody with an approx birthdate of 1902, with a spouse Rosamond, and location of Cook, IL. There is a Rosamond Brody who died in Los Angeles, CA with a birth state of IL. She was born in 1902. Could this be a spouse?

Based on the news link raf found, I think the 1905 birth year is accurate. Are you sure it is Rockingham NH, and not someplace in NC within the county Rockingham? I didn't see any other George L's with the same birth year listed.... and there is no George L with the same birth year listed in the SS death index.... hmmmmm... I wonder if there is anything else in the BFH with the middle initial L. GB didn't seem to make up middle initials on any other located documentation... so there is no reason for me to believe the L is not accurate.

I noticed the same family was in Wabash County IN in 1920... but could not find them earlier than 1910 or later than 1920.

I think we need to find the (younger sister?) Elizabeth.. we need a married name. I had an appx birth year of 1907 for Elizabeth since she was 9/12 mo's at the time the census was taken. I don't have ancestry either....

raf, can you post copies of the 1910 and 1920 census where this George Brody appears? Thanks!

I looked and if the Rockingham is in NC, they did not keep birth, death, marriage records etc. before 1913 or 14. argh!

I'd be willing to bet that GB's actual birthdate was 08/25/05, thinking he kept his birth date the same and change the year unless we uncover someone in his family with an 08/25 birthdate that he might have changed to, to reflect someone of some importance in his life. I suggest that because I know of someone who got a fake identity a long time ago and used his ex wifes birth date and year. (He was still pretty obsessed with her at the time).

I looked and if the Rockingham is in NC, they did not keep birth, death, marriage records etc. before 1913 or 14. argh!

I'd be willing to bet that GB's actual birthdate was 08/25/05, thinking he kept his birth date the same and change the year unless we uncover someone in his family with an 08/25 birthdate that he might have changed to, to reflect someone of some importance in his life. I suggest that because I know of someone who got a fake identity a long time ago and used his ex wifes birth date and year. (He was still pretty obsessed with her at the time).

Remember GB boasted about being a Leo. This would mean his birthday would fall between July 23 - Aug 22.

There is a Rockingham, NH... http://co.rockingham.nh.us/

I cannot find nobody George Brody born abt in 1905... better I found some record, but it is impossible to say if is the same person... very impossible...
no more records by Oakland Tribune....

also another point let me think something... : seeming that GB was very well informed abt the insurance policies.... but, really, very well...

it is possible that he worked for some period in the insurances?
also another question, for Annasmom:
dear Annasmom, you had some time the sensation that GB was hebrew?
thanks, raf

Raf, Am I understanding this correctly?

1. The GB from the 1920 PA census is the same GB from the 1930 CA census.

2. The GB mentioned in the article dated Oct 1941 is not the same GB from either census. Because of the age difference.

And most people here are leaning more to the #2 GB as being our guy? He is listing his address as 1724 San Pablo Ave. LMAO, it's a diner! A greasy spoon! (Note: there is a San Pablo Ave in San Francisco, but the house numbers only go up to 200)

Oh, now seeing in 1944 it was a plumbing business. Anyone with newspaper archives dot com?

Oct 22, 1946 - [SIZE=-1]... has been saved from execution 11 times since his tion Governor Earl Warren an- last Friday that if the court turned down the petition he would not intervene It is understood though that the at Burglars who entered a plumbing establishment at 1724 San Pablo Avenue operated by Albert ... [/SIZE]
From Oakland Tribune (Newspaper) - October 22, 1946,... - [SIZE=-1]Oakland Tribune ($$)[/SIZE]

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...bp=2,214.4002996377858,,1,-1.6371063793927653

And most people here are leaning more to the #2 GB as being our guy? He is listing his address as 1724 San Pablo Ave. LMAO, it's a diner! A greasy spoon! (Note: there is a San Pablo Ave in San Francisco, but the house numbers only go up to 200)

I may have to correct this. The house numbers are going the other way on the street. So this means the "INN" located to the right is 1724.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay