Whoa! Meter Reader gave tip on August 13th!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What's your gut reaction?

• Meter Reader called in tips, then went searching on his own.

Votes: 441 89.8%
  • Meter Reader is the one who killed Caylee.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Meter Reader is related to an accomplice.

Votes: 37 7.5%
  • Meter Reader is Casey's accomplice.

Votes: 10 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What you've said is very applicable. Apparently (and maybe someone in Orlando or the surrounding area can confirm this), WFTV broke in with breaking news about an hour or so ago on their station locally, or so I have heard, with the following:

- The County's spokesman called the WFTV and told them they had the wrong name for the meter reader
- The meter reader who reported the finding last week is not the same as the one who reported the tips back in August
- The meter-reader is NOT the name Gonzalez as reported before
- They didn't give the meter readers's name, and he's making a public appearance tomorrow
- The meter reader has an attorney at County's expense..

ETA: I didn't see this personally, but someone in Orlando is stating this is what happened. Just wanna be clear. Confirmations welcome.

I just love when rumors run amuck.

okay, just to add to the confusion this is what I heard them say

8-11 1st time he calls, deputy comes to the seen, caller is not there, deputy leaves

8-12 2nd time he calls, gets routed to different department, this time investigations, gives his tip again, detective checks logs and sees that cadaver dogs have been in the "area" previously, does not send anyone

8-13 3rd time he calls, instructed to stay put, male deputy arrives speaks to him, clears area, female deputy arrives and is waved off by first deputy. Male deputy under normal administrative investigation in this type of situation. They will look to see if he did a proper job checking the site.

Storm hits days later, recedes two weeks ago, MR back in area, goes looking and finds remains

That is exactly what I heard, too. Thank you for remembering all the specifics and summarizing so well.:clap:

And here I was sitting on the edge of my seat, listening to the press conference today, hoping for some bit of closure w/ possibly them saying its definitely Caylee. Now we have a hinky meter reader (who sounded a little hinky to me on the 911 call even---when he yelled out "hi!" before he got on the line w/ the operator). So no closure---more questions, more reasonable doubt, possibly! KC is having the most dumb luck I have ever seen someone have!
QUOTE]

Yep youve hit it on the head there - and wouldnt it just be awful if she somehow managed to walk away from this whole mess, just like teflon, because nothing could be made to really stick.
Now THAT would really suck.

The alleged murderer of Elizabeth Smart, Richard Ricci, got lucky. The alleged murderers of Jon Benet, the Ramseys, got lucky. The alleged murderers of baby Sabrina, the Aisenbergs, got lucky too. Or was luck not involved?

I'd really like to know more about the meter-reader. How old is he? Is he a long-term resident of Orlando?

If he's under 30-year-old, and has lived in Orlando for a long time, he may have gone to that elementary school near the site. He might know about the local teen hangouts and has followed the story of the disappearance of Caylee Anthony like many other people. He may know some 20-somethings in the area who know someone else and I'd bet there's a lot of rumors among the younger people.

Being a local resident he may have been mulling this over in his head and tried to think of the most logical places that Casey might bury Caylee. He was concerned about a smell in August and reported i several times in order to make sure it was followed up on. Then it rained a lot and the area was under water. And then this week, being in the area for his job or some other reason, noticed that the area was now dry. If he's followed the news, he knows that Caylee hadn't been found and decided to check out that area further.

At this point, unless there's more information to the contrary, I don't think the meter-reader's actions are suspicious. I wish OCSO had searched this area closely first before the searches around the airport. It's close proximity to the Anthony home alone makes it a highly likely area.

What if the 2 meter readers knew each other? The meter reader from August told the other meter reader about what he was thinking and that's what made him check on Dec. 11th? If their not the same person I bet they knew each other and a conversation about the first intuitions in Aug.

This could very well be......
Good grief, you never know how things are gonna pan out in this case.

I don't think the Grey bag is the same as the bag found with the head.

Maybe there were 2 bags. One on the side of the road (that the meter readers saw) and then one tucked in the bushes that held Klee's body. What if there was an odor that they were concerned about and at first glance thought that maybe it was coming from the grey bag closest to the street, not knowing that there was another bag in the same area (probably the one causing the smell).

I think people are reading to much into this. KC is the one who killed that poor sweet child. So what the man called several time but so did the lady that reported the tip of Caylee at the airport. If they would of found Caylee at the airport would you be saying the lady did it. All I can say is WOW

I'd really like to know more about the meter-reader. How old is he? Is he a long-term resident of Orlando?

If he's under 30-year-old, and has lived in Orlando for a long time, he may have gone to that elementary school near the site. He might know about the local teen hangouts and has followed the story of the disappearance of Caylee Anthony like many other people. He may know some 20-somethings in the area who know someone else and I'd bet there's a lot of rumors among the younger people.

Being a local resident he may have been mulling this over in his head and tried to think of the most logical places that Casey might bury Caylee. He was concerned about a smell in August and reported i several times in order to make sure it was followed up on. Then it rained a lot and the area was under water. And then this week, being in the area for his job or some other reason, noticed that the area was now dry. If he's followed the news, he knows that Caylee hadn't been found and decided to check out that area further.

At this point, unless there's more information to the contrary, I don't think the meter-reader's actions are suspicious. I wish OCSO had searched this area closely first before the searches around the airport. It's close proximity to the Anthony home alone makes it a highly likely area.

I think this meter readers life is about to change

I just love when rumors run amuck.

It's weird. Sorry if you think I'm adding to it.

Other forums with local Orlando type posters are freaking out because no one has corrected OCSO and Fox News. I mean, it's vicious. All I can figure is the breaking news much have occurred, it's that vocal.

I think all meter readers in the entire central florida region should be placed on paid leave until we get to the bottom of this!

sigh.... ./shake head.....

I still say the forensics will speak for itself. Thank god for this man,the meter reader.

Ok, inaugural post! I`ve lurked since the beginning of this case.

I`ve read through all of the posts regarding the meter reader and have decided to sit on the fence until we hear more about him, his real name, whether or not he is the same guy that phoned the August tips in etc., etc.

The reason I have `come out`tonight was because a couple of people have asked why on earth a possible accomplice would call LE, having found the remains. Why not keep very quiet or run for the hills - or both?

Again, I do not believe as yet that this guy had anything to do with the crime.

But, an accomplice may well report finding the remains several months after the alleged crime if he thought that his finger prints may have been left on the bag or the duct tape and could be detected. Any prints could subsequently be explained because he opened the bag to see what was inside.

One point I do agree with is that LE needs to investigate this guy inside out, because if they don`t the defence will certainly argue not doing so raises reasonable doubt.

drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (drum roll)... Welcome to the insanity Gailey (just a pun of course... nurse is just feeling a tad insane with this meter reader mumbo today)

BIG WELCOMES

So there are actually 21 people who think the Meter Reader was KC's accomplice. What did she do? Was he actually out reading meters one glorious summer morning and runs into KC, in her tank top and shorts, in the backyard preparing to dispose of her beautiful child's remains. So, in return for help and silence she offers herself to him. Later, he gets a guilty conscious for falling to her feminine wiles and calls in anonymous tips. Waits....Nothing comes of it and so he goes looking for himself while taking a pee. Is this what the 21 people think? Or do you think this guys, whose meter reading route just happens to be on Hopespring is in on with her the whole time? Hollywood calling!

AAAHahahahahahahah!!!! Love it.

People, this whole thread and everything in it really belongs in the rumor/talk around town thread. These are rumors! R U M O R S.

We don't even have confirmation on this man's name, and now it's being bandied around as fact to the point of confirming a psychic's statements.

Come on now. Stop sullying this man's reputation when we Don't. Know. Anything.

I bet a LOT of garbage bags were found during the organized "official" searches. In fact, I remember hearing about smelly ones at BP and ones with dog bones. How many searchers saw MORE than one garbage bag (empty or otherwise) while searching?

People have dumped garbage bags and WORSE in my 35 overgrown wooded acres more times than I can possibly count.

Amen to that! There are a lot of slobs in the world. Probably not a day goes by where I don't see a bag along the side road in rural areas. From the reports and look of the area seems like a lot of people used this place as a local dump.

By the way I live in Central FL and have watched tons of local news cast on this case and never heard once anyone give a name of the meter reader. I think a lot of people's minds are working over time here. This guy or guys are problaby just like us and discussing the case and maybe using their lunch hours and breaks to search. May even be someone from this site.

We have no idea if this is the same bag. We have no idea if this is the exact same spot. There are woods all along the side of that end of the road and the first report was of a grey bag on the side of the road and the actual bag was black and 25-30 off into the woods.

So everyone it will all come out, let's not condemn the poor man before we have the actual facts.

I think this meter readers life is about to change

Anyone who is connected with this case lives will never be the same. Not to mention media and book deals. They will all eventually cash in, one way or another. It is the nature of the beast since the intro of CTV and internet interest and sleuthing.

I, myself am a crime and corruption addict being the daughter of LE and cannot get enough of it. There is a huge market, and everyone and thier brother will try to get thier 15 minutes.

It's weird. Sorry if you think I'm adding to it.

Other forums with local Orlando type posters are freaking out because no one has corrected OCSO and Fox News. I mean, it's vicious. All I can figure is the breaking news much have occurred, it's that vocal.

No, I think actually it looks like what you posted if true may clear up the rumors that the name reported is his name when no news has reported his name to begin with, and this is the first I have heard that there may be two meter readers that have reported something so maybe that adds a tad back into the rumor mill just a tad, lol. I just try to refrain from rumors here as much as possible it really runs the ship into the sand bur. But you are reporting something on a news site so I allow for that :).....

of to read tips......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member