Whoa! Meter Reader gave tip on August 13th!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What's your gut reaction?

• Meter Reader called in tips, then went searching on his own.

Votes: 441 89.8%
  • Meter Reader is the one who killed Caylee.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Meter Reader is related to an accomplice.

Votes: 37 7.5%
  • Meter Reader is Casey's accomplice.

Votes: 10 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my. I must say that I find this new chapter particularly disconcerting. I am a tad angry at LE if, in fact, there was shoddy investigation following previous tips. We do not need reasonable doubt seeds being sown. Fasten your seat belt, Mr. Meter Reader...you are about to go on a wild ride - no, not one at "Universal", but the Anthony Loop-de-Loop. I must say, too, that I found it amusing that someone on Hannity and Colmes last night couldn't get over the fact that this fellow appeared "obsessed" with the case and his obsession certainly raises and eyebrow or two. Heck - I have been obsessed with this "from day one" and my like-minded WSers are a darned good, caring community of folks committed to justice for Caylee. I live on the Gulf Coast of Florida and I'd be poking around myself if I lived closer! A new chapter begins...

I agree, Snow! I can't tell you how much time I have invested in trying to figure this one out. If being obsessed with finding out what happened to a 2 year old baby while the only answers you get from her party-dog mother are lies is reason to haul you into the police station, I'd say myself and about half of the posters here would be handcuffed and being grilled right now! Many people have been obsessed with this from the get-go, not just Floridians. If I lived in Orlando, I'd be looking every chance I could. And just because someone has looked in an area and not found anything, doesn't mean there isn't anything there. How many times have you been looking for something at home until you are ready to pull your hair out only to have someone else come along and point out that it is right there under your nose?

Okay,let's say the officer was scared off by a snake and left&forgot about it.
It's ONE officer,not the entire LE.

I feel so sorry right now for Yuri,Beary and everybody else. :(

Me too. It's frustrating to see focus on one glitch.

But that said, I know I have already said this but I wanted to emphasize that being scared by a snake, might encompass much more than one lonely rattler rearing its head.

:smoochiesmilie:
:snake: :snake: :snake: :cop: :snake::snake::snake:​

It's not that unusual to encounter that in Central Florida, even in wooded areas in urban neighborhoods.

To add, I have seen the meter reader criticized too, for not going straight to the bag.

You don't just go to something in the Florida woods!

It does not matter that it is in a populated urban neighborhood. People have patches of woods in their own yards through which human travel is impossible.

These types of overgrown places are so dense, thickly covered with hostile killer vegetation, and dense razor sharp growth, you cannot get through without tools and equipment.

Whatever is the little thing that assists him in reading a meter, it is not a laser which can clear a path through jungle -like growth which can tear a person apart.

On top of that there are loads of venomous snakes, along with an assortment of poisonous spiders, including but not limited to very well camouflaged scorpions. Some of these can inflict serious damage with one bite. They can be fatal to a compromised immune system or to one "under the weather. ".

As an added joy, although the rattle snakes can do serious damage, they are accompanied by the coral snake, one of the deadliest snakes in existence.

This snake variety is seen in yards in Central Florida and it is feared.

The mortality rate for humans bitten by a coral snake is high!!! They have nice camouflage and they also burrow, so that they will come out of the ground. One minute they aren't there and the next minute, as you bend down to look in a hole...:eek::eek::eek:

Again, all this that I have just described, can be found in people's yards.

When the area is more isolated or separated from daily human activity, the wild life, insects life, and slithering things are more prevalent and the vegetation is more out of control.

Factoring in that there are geographical inclines in the area, that generally will mean that you can expect to be sinking deeply into areas of deep mud, slimey stuff, and mucky swarming infestations...all available for your added discomfort.

I'm done. (:)for now)

I think I'm going to reserve my opinion as to what happened back in August after I hear the Meter Reader's side of the story. I heard on the NG show last night about a gray bag, then a black bag, but I haven't seen anything concrete that says a bag was actually spotted back in August.

I'm also trying too look at this news in the context of what that area is like. Here we are, 8 days after the remains were found, and the investigators are still in there searching for evidence. Heck, as late as yesterday afternoon, they found ADDITIONAL Skeletal Remains. That's 7+ days after they first went in there. That area was / is so thick with brush, vines, low setting saw palmettos, that even if they had 10 officers in there back in August who all smelled something, they may not have found anything, especially if it had been buried in a shallow grave.

Imagine a 10 x 10 square foot area. It took my search team a good hour to cut through, search, and clear a 10 x 10 square foot area. The grid they are looking through right now is about 10 times that size. Imagine back in August when a couple of cops walk up on a report of a smell, they were looking at an area 1000 times that big, all covered in vines, brush, saw palmettos, and perhaps water.

I'm taking the side of Law Enforcement on this one.

Oh my. I must say that I find this new chapter particularly disconcerting. I am a tad angry at LE if, in fact, there was shoddy investigation following previous tips. We do not need reasonable doubt seeds being sown. Fasten your seat belt, Mr. Meter Reader...you are about to go on a wild ride - no, not one at "Universal", but the Anthony Loop-de-Loop. I must say, too, that I found it amusing that someone on Hannity and Colmes last night couldn't get over the fact that this fellow appeared "obsessed" with the case and his obsession certainly raises and eyebrow or two. Heck - I have been obsessed with this "from day one" and my like-minded WSers are a darned good, caring community of folks committed to justice for Caylee. I live on the Gulf Coast of Florida and I'd be poking around myself if I lived closer! A new chapter begins...

I think your exactly right. The Anthony's & their Lawyers are going to drag this Meter Reader over the Coals.

They are going to want his work records to find out how often he was in that area.

This entire situation has me nervous - The defense now has an opening for another suspect.

I just hope that LE finds something conclusive in that bag that says that KC is the killer. A fingerprint on the Duct Tape or something like that

Here is what makes no sense about the meter reader being in on it. whywould he call on himself 3 times and then go and find the body and if he was the one to do it.

The story about the meter reader calling in August?

Yes!

Sorry, I got excited and forgot to say that. Geraldo was extremely emphatic, saying he personally was calling for a stop to Osco investigating and calling for an independent prosecuter.

Then, one of them asked if the meter reader took the bag home....

I understand about the snake - I don't go into the woods in summer, unless it's a clear path in a park. There are rattlesnakes, copperheads, black widow spiders, brown recluse spiders, and even poison ivy. In Florida, there are even more critters and poisonous plants.

And isn't that what Casey was probably counting on? That no one would search in those woods in summer?

Too true... if I lived close I would have been out on my own looking for her as well. I do not blame this man for going back to the area, I would have done the same thing if I thought there was something there and it still remained there after 4 months.

And can I say thank god he did go back, because if he didn't we would still be watching the A's and their denial campaign on all of the news shows. As much as I can understand them NOT wanting to believe that all of this happened, it's pretty obvious that it has.

Here is what makes no sense about the meter reader being in on it. whywould he call on himself 3 times and then go and find the body and if he was the one to do it.

He didn't do anything,the nanny did.
OOps,but maybe they're related(if it's true that they have the same name)
Wow,Casey's story makes sense now.

:floorlaugh:

But do we know the area was dry? When they found the body I was glued to the online broadcast from Orlando on the internet. I remember a reporter was in the back yard of the house on the corner of Hopesprings and Suburban talking to a kid who looked about 18 who lives there. The kid said the area where Caylee was found was under water from June on. He stated that that place was always flooded during the summer and dried up in winter.

Yep, Knee to waist deep he said.

But do we know the area was dry? When they found the body I was glued to the online broadcast from Orlando on the internet. I remember a reporter was in the back yard of the house on the corner of Hopesprings and Suburban talking to a kid who looked about 18 who lives there. The kid said the area where Caylee was found was under water from June on. He stated that that place was always flooded during the summer and dried up in winter.

From what was reported last night the Meter reader called in tips on 3 consecutive days - somewhere around August 11th 12th & 13th & the area was flooded a few days after the last Tip.

I think somebody on Nancy Grace or Velez Mitchell reported this last night

OMG, on the Mike and Juliet Show, either Geraldo or Mike (I'm just listening) just asked if the "guy took the bag home" and later returned it.

That kind of statement from any journalist is just reprehensible!! All it takes is for some potential juror somewhere to hear something like that and take it to fact or atleast it might stay in their head.

I think today might be a great day for LE to make the official ID announcement - they need to sway the headlines in this case "away" from the meter reader, if at all possible.

And here I was sitting on the edge of my seat, listening to the press conference today, hoping for some bit of closure w/ possibly them saying its definitely Caylee. Now we have a hinky meter reader (who sounded a little hinky to me on the 911 call even---when he yelled out "hi!" before he got on the line w/ the operator). So no closure---more questions, more reasonable doubt, possibly! KC is having the most dumb luck I have ever seen someone have!

Yes, I'm ranting......sorry, I can't help it!!:crazy:

Well, I got the impression that this was a 3rd party call - that this was not the actual meter reader's voice we heard on the TV. At the end of the call, the 911 dispatcher said for him to tell "him" not to touch anything and to not draw attention to the area.

Yes!

Sorry, I got excited and forgot to say that. Geraldo was extremely emphatic, saying he personally was calling for a stop to Osco investigating and calling for an independent prosecuter.

I dont give much merit to anything Geraldo says :rolleyes:After all here a man that has done a total 180 in his reporting on this case. Almost every show has the defense and Baez on it. Geraldo is all about the defense and helping a friend possible win his case.Which is never gonna work. Geraldo should be a ashamed IMO I feel for this meter guy and for LE because to error is human and honestly the end result wouldnt change a thing. Caylee is gone to heaven and her mother is playing cards and eating pork rhines in jail :furious:

The area very well could have been flooded from June 2008 on. Certainly it was flooded after Tropical Storm Fay--most everything was flooded.

http://www.cityoforlando.net/public_works/stormwater/rain/rainfall.htm

ORLANDO RAINFALL

2008 Monthly Averages
January (4.21")
February (2.13")
March (0.50")
April (2.84")
May (1.58")
June (7.95")
July (9.14")
August (12.98")
September (4.09")
October (not available)
November (not available)
December (not available)

Yes!

Right. And the meter reader took the bones out of the bag and spread them around a large area. They will say anything to shift the blame away from where it belongs!

http://www.wesh.com/news/18306094/detail.html

Geesh.. people jump to some hasty conclusions; that is why i don't listen to fox.

At the WESH link, it says the same "crew" called in tips and says the guy is not being investigated.

I think these guys found something suspicious or smelled something and were trying to get someone to pay attention to them, esp. knowing Caylee was missing and her family lived near by.

I agree with you and will go one step further. I truly think that this man like us WS'ers and so many others across the U.S.(not to forget other countries!) fell in love with little Caylee Marie and wanted her found. He was persistent and I will be forever thankful to him whatever his reasons. IMO he has notta to do with Casey or any of the A's for that matter.

I think that this was a little baby girl under very dense and heavy foliage and unfortunately it was not as easy as one might expect that she be found! I also still believe that she has been there the entire time and Casey did want her to be found! It is beyond unfortunate however I believe that the prosecution will get by this and it really will not be more than a blip for them. Of course the "scheme team" and the media are going to make it much more than it is and manipulate and but of course spin, spin away!

Well, I got the impression that this was a 3rd party call - that this was not the actual meter reader's voice we heard on the TV. At the end of the call, the 911 dispatcher said for him to tell "him" not to touch anything and to not draw attention to the area.

Yes. The last 911 call on Dec 11th was from the meter reader's supervisor calling from the county office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez