Who's Who in Cold Cases

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi, I'm Sandi. My mother disappeared in 1977 from Emmett, ID. The story is incredibly convoluted and a real challenge to lay out with any degree of clarity. The Thin Air Podcast did an episode about her a few months ago at the beginning of the year, which has brought it all rushing back again; both good and bad. A couple of years ago, the forensic unit of NamUs tried to get bones that were dug up from under the suspects' house for DNA retesting, but the Sheriff's department won't release them to her (won't so much as communicate with her, in point of fact). So I ended up at another forum, which links frequently to this one (I don't know what websites are blocked from here, so to be safe I won't post it). Honestly, I'm very intimidated and afraid about posting about her murder, because the case is so convoluted, bizarre, and confusing that people are often openly disbelieving about it.

But I just can't let it go. So I hope that maybe, if I'm a squeaky enough wheel, perhaps in time the bones will be retested and my mother will be finally laid to rest. Our lives together were stolen, and mine ruined, and the people who could help just don't seem to care at all... they don't want to be bothered with some old bones that may or may not belong to "some stupid prostitute" (which is how they treated her at the time--they didn't even search for her past the most cursory of checking her abandoned vehicle).

I'm quite vulnerable around the topic, as well, so it's hard and scary to put it out there... I've kept silent and protected myself as best I could. But by being silent, I was protecting those monsters, too... and I can't do that anymore. I have found one community to speak about it at, and they have been so immensely gracious and caring. I've been a bit more intimidated by WS, because I've seen some threads get a little, um, argumentative when I was linked to them. I really don't want to argue about my mother's death, as you might imagine.

Anyway, here I am. Hello to all. :)

I'll post a thread about her when I can, I have plenty of links and information. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/watson_marie.html I've asked to be verified, as well, so we'll see how that goes. Thanks all! :)

Welcome, although I wish we had 'met' under different circumstances. I hope you will continue to post as much and as often as you need to and feel comfortable doing. I'm so sorry that some of the threads you've been linked to here have had an argumentative tone, but I truly don't think you will have that to worry about (especially in the Cold Case area of the forum). If I can answer any questions or be of help to you in any way, don't hesitate to contact me and I'd be happy to do whatever I can to be supportive :)

Hi, I'm Sandi. My mother disappeared in 1977 from Emmett, ID. The story is incredibly convoluted and a real challenge to lay out with any degree of clarity. The Thin Air Podcast did an episode about her a few months ago at the beginning of the year, which has brought it all rushing back again; both good and bad. A couple of years ago, the forensic unit of NamUs tried to get bones that were dug up from under the suspects' house for DNA retesting, but the Sheriff's department won't release them to her (won't so much as communicate with her, in point of fact). So I ended up at another forum, which links frequently to this one (I don't know what websites are blocked from here, so to be safe I won't post it). Honestly, I'm very intimidated and afraid about posting about her murder, because the case is so convoluted, bizarre, and confusing that people are often openly disbelieving about it.

But I just can't let it go. So I hope that maybe, if I'm a squeaky enough wheel, perhaps in time the bones will be retested and my mother will be finally laid to rest. Our lives together were stolen, and mine ruined, and the people who could help just don't seem to care at all... they don't want to be bothered with some old bones that may or may not belong to "some stupid prostitute" (which is how they treated her at the time--they didn't even search for her past the most cursory of checking her abandoned vehicle).

I'm quite vulnerable around the topic, as well, so it's hard and scary to put it out there... I've kept silent and protected myself as best I could. But by being silent, I was protecting those monsters, too... and I can't do that anymore. I have found one community to speak about it at, and they have been so immensely gracious and caring. I've been a bit more intimidated by WS, because I've seen some threads get a little, um, argumentative when I was linked to them. I really don't want to argue about my mother's death, as you might imagine.

Anyway, here I am. Hello to all. :)

I'll post a thread about her when I can, I have plenty of links and information. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/watson_marie.html I've asked to be verified, as well, so we'll see how that goes. Thanks all! :)

Welcome to Ws Sandi_T!
Started a thread for your dear Mom, hope it helps.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?315720-Marie-Ann-Watson-27-21-November-1977-Emmett-Gem-County&p=12771061#post12771061
[h=2]Marie Ann Watson, 27,21 November,1977, Emmett, Gem County.[/h]

Welcome, although I wish we had 'met' under different circumstances. I hope you will continue to post as much and as often as you need to and feel comfortable doing. I'm so sorry that some of the threads you've been linked to here have had an argumentative tone, but I truly don't think you will have that to worry about (especially in the Cold Case area of the forum). If I can answer any questions or be of help to you in any way, don't hesitate to contact me and I'd be happy to do whatever I can to be supportive :)

Thank you so much for the welcome!

There's a lot going on with this case right now. They've had new leads, and possible connections to another missing person from March of the same year (my mother disappeared in November). Enough has erupted in real life right now that I'm actually in the process of getting certified to concealed carry, and am arming myself. This event has had too many offshoots to other crimes, and I'm just afraid of what can happen. My anxiety levels are high and I feel really vulnerable and scared sometimes, and while I don't mind a good rousing internet discussion... this isn't something I feel okay arguing with people about. And there are highly controversial aspects to it once it begins to really be laid out. While I don't mind people saying they don't believe me, it can be said nicely or rudely, lol.

And as more things start breaking open on it, if they do come to anything (and sadly, they may not), I'd like to be able to compile it all in a place that doesn't disappear into the cybersphere.

Welcome to Ws Sandi_T!
Started a thread for your dear Mom, hope it helps.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?315720-Marie-Ann-Watson-27-21-November-1977-Emmett-Gem-County&p=12771061#post12771061
Marie Ann Watson, 27,21 November,1977, Emmett, Gem County.

Thank you! :)

Is that an acceptable place for me to do a write-up and place links to various sources? I can post to it, or is it in a "no discussion" area? I'm finding WS a bit tricky to navigate, for which I apologize.

Hi! I go by Moose online, I'm 30, mother of two very hyper boys and wife of one busy guy! I'm working on my Master's in Criminology currently, I already have my Bachelor's in Psychology and Associate's in History. Until recently I worked in the Mental Health field, working with adults with Special Needs. I'm still undecided what I want to do with my degree, though cold cases have always appealed to me, wanting to help solve them and help the families. When I was younger I was convinced I was going to be the next Indiana Jones, hence the degree in History, so I can do research like none other! Hope I can be some help around here, looking forward to some great discussions :)

Hi! I go by Moose online, I'm 30, mother of two very hyper boys and wife of one busy guy! I'm working on my Master's in Criminology currently, I already have my Bachelor's in Psychology and Associate's in History. Until recently I worked in the Mental Health field, working with adults with Special Needs. I'm still undecided what I want to do with my degree, though cold cases have always appealed to me, wanting to help solve them and help the families. When I was younger I was convinced I was going to be the next Indiana Jones, hence the degree in History, so I can do research like none other! Hope I can be some help around here, looking forward to some great discussions :)

Welcome to Ws Moose, looking forward to your participation here, jump right in, the water is fine!
:wagon:

Name is Jeremy, I am 32 I hold a Bachelor of Science in Criminology from University of Pennsylvania. I worked as an Adjunct Professor for 2 years, Associate Professor for 4 years teaching Criminology students how to profile. I moved to New York as I was accepted to New York University where I earned my Masters of Science Degree in Forensic Accounting , I graduated 3rd in my class and worked for a Law Firm prepping cases on Financial Profiles & Criminal Profiles for criminal case research. I have been doing that, and teaching part time for Fordham in New York! I am happy to be here to contribute in anyway I can. Currently, I am sifting through the threads in hopes to become acclimated. What drove me here? That of the Long Island Serial Killer, its a case that has been driving me nuts and scaring me at the same time, as a gay man, I know I am not his type but me and my future husband hope to have children some day, and well ... It makes me extremely nervous knowing he's still out there. So I am here to track him down, in hopes he never hurts another woman. I look forward to knowing all of you!

Welcome, mraccountant. We're very pleased that you've joined us. I've read a couple of your posts in LISK, and look forward to hearing more from you. Don't hesitate to send a private message to an admin or mod if you have questions or need assistance.

Regards,

Bessie
WS Administrator

Welcome, mraccountant. We're very pleased that you've joined us. I've read a couple of your posts in LISK, and look forward to hearing more from you. Don't hesitate to send a private message to an admin or mod if you have questions or need assistance.

Regards,

Bessie
WS Administrator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Bessie , I haven't really dug my feet in the mud yet I've been really just acclimating myself in your community , but I think I have a good grasp and look forward to getting started , thank you :)

Hi! Em here! 42 yr old female, mom to one busy lil guy that, thankfully, developed my same sense of humor (I think, lol!) & keeps me on my toes! I came here some time ago, but didn't make a profile, & lost track of the site until recently while listening to a podcast (I listen to so many, I'm sorry I can't remember which one!). I've always been an avid reader, & ever since I was about 15yrs old, a true crime only reader, so naturally, that developed into following true crime sites, true "creepy" stories on you tube, & finally, true crime podcasts, which led me here! I hope to be able to help in any way, as I can't imagine what any family of a missing, or murdered loved one must go thru, but I can imagine that it must be heartbreaking, gut wrenching pain, and id want to know people care, & would help. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, & not lose track again. Off to read!

Welcome, MissEm. It's always good to know new eyes are on this forum, for in many cases that is what it takes to solve a cold case. Thank you for joining us. Hope you will participate in the discussions often.

Regards,

Bessie
WS Administrator

Hello all ! I'm Named after my beautiful Italian greyhound now deceased... Edith ( think grey gardens little Edie but a dog ) she was very old and quite nutty ...
I'm 45 live in Melbourne- Aus
I have 13 and 19 year old sons a husband and 5 rescue chihuahuas- all with various disabilities ( I'm a sucker) yep FIVE
I came to websleuths as a lurker a very long time ago now - only got up courage to join around the disappearance of little William Tyrrel. I don't often comment as I get a tad scared - but I will always thank ! My friends daughter was murdered way back prob 7 years ago now or more , it was a my space murder - Australia's first really . She hid from media at our house for weeks and we would talk and talk ...i guess watching how detailed the investigation was and joining the dots really got me fascinated. I hate that there are unsolved murders , I always have , even as a kid . The Beaumont children in Adelaide was an obsession of mine as a child- weird kid I know ....
I am an artist but used to work in film and TV and understand how the wretched media works- its equal good and bad . Thanks so much for reading my nervous ramblings
Tori

Hi , I am guardian 1234, started watching this site in 2006 I am a paralegal nurse and spent many years studying serial killers . I am a single parent, worked in healthcare all my life and medical records then administration. Like this site

:welcome: ediethedog & guardian1234

The Cold Case section of Websleuths is near and dear to my heart for numerous reasons, and I'm always thrilled to see new 'faces' join in the discussion. Glad to have you here brainstorming and sleuthing with us!

Hi, I'm Shini and I'm a student studying criminology and Psychology. Ever since I was a child I have always been interested in true crime and psychology. I was always fascinated by how the mind of killers worked and how we could use that knowledge to catch them. I have always wanted a career in psychology and more specifically criminology, this was mainly because it breaks my heart to know that there are people being murdered and a lot of their cases are never solved. I felt so bad for the families of the victims as I couldn't imagine the type of things that they are going through and I just wanted to do anything I could to help them, even if it just meant giving words of support and encouragement.
Anyway, I am disabled and have a condition called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (along with a lot of other conditions that come hand in hand with it), this basically means most of my joints dislocate multiple times a day and I am in constant pain. Due to this it is taking me a long time to study for my degree as I have to study around my condition and all of the hospital appointments it entails.
I live in England in the UK and I found websleuths after watching the first 2 episodes of the killing season a couple of weeks ago and I thought that I would like to come and chat with like minded people, as I liked how you had been helping to find victims identities, and I just liked the idea of a community that discussed cases and kept them in the public eye (this is a good way to try and help the families, because it means the police will keep it in their minds).
I'm quite a quiet person but i'm passionate about helping people, so please be patient with me as it might take me a while to feel comfortable posting and understanding how the site works.
I will stop rambling now, and I look forward to reading the posts and doing my best to help any way I can.

Hi, I'm Shini and I'm a student studying criminology and Psychology. Ever since I was a child I have always been interested in true crime and psychology. I was always fascinated by how the mind of killers worked and how we could use that knowledge to catch them. I have always wanted a career in psychology and more specifically criminology, this was mainly because it breaks my heart to know that there are people being murdered and a lot of their cases are never solved. I felt so bad for the families of the victims as I couldn't imagine the type of things that they are going through and I just wanted to do anything I could to help them, even if it just meant giving words of support and encouragement.
Anyway, I am disabled and have a condition called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (along with a lot of other conditions that come hand in hand with it), this basically means most of my joints dislocate multiple times a day and I am in constant pain. Due to this it is taking me a long time to study for my degree as I have to study around my condition and all of the hospital appointments it entails.
I live in England in the UK and I found websleuths after watching the first 2 episodes of the killing season a couple of weeks ago and I thought that I would like to come and chat with like minded people, as I liked how you had been helping to find victims identities, and I just liked the idea of a community that discussed cases and kept them in the public eye (this is a good way to try and help the families, because it means the police will keep it in their minds).
I'm quite a quiet person but i'm passionate about helping people, so please be patient with me as it might take me a while to feel comfortable posting and understanding how the site works.
I will stop rambling now, and I look forward to reading the posts and doing my best to help any way I can.

Welcome to Ws shini, delighted to have you here!
:welcome3:

ETA, Coincidentally, there is a recent case here involving a Dr. who is perhaps the only one in Canada who treats people who share with you, the rare condition of EDS.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...November-2016-Toronto&p=12980314#post12980314

Hi Shini,
I just joined the site, and was trying to figure out where to start. I happened to stumble upon your post after seeing a call for viewing cold cases. I also found this site from watching The Killing Season. Having studied Psychology, Political Science, and Econ, then becoming an attorney before having a career ending pedestrian-car accident (I was the pedestrian), I'm now basically "retired" due to disability. I'm specifically replying to you, however, because I also have EDS! (Not to mention other conditions that come along with it, and the chronic pain from both EDS and the accident.)

Anyway, I just thought I'd say hi. As someone who can relate and LITERALLY feel your pain (I roll over in my sleep and my shoulder dislocates; stand up wrong or take a step wrong and I fall over because my hip dislocates, etc.), I also came here to try to do something with all of the knowledge in my head and time on my hands to try to help others. I can't always get out of the house, especially this time of the year (I'm in the Pacific NW, and it's been an historically wet fall so far, which is not good for my body; we're heading into what looks like a very cold, wet winter)—so as much as I'd love to be able to get out and volunteer my skills, I never know day to day if I'll have the energy, strength, low enough pain level, etc. I'm just hoping to try to do what I can to help here, as I think you are.

I just thought I'd reach out and let you know that you're not alone. As a fellow EDS-er, who lives in an almost identical climate and just wants to do what I can on these forums to help, know that there's at least one person here who understands what you're physically/mentally/emotionally going through. If you ever need additional support, feel free to reach out!

Hello,

My name is Kyle Olson and I recently learned about the Web Sleuths community and think you guys are doing really great work. I am a documentary filmmaker who recently completed a short documentary on a cold murder case in my hometown of Milwaukee, WI.

I was hoping to post about this case on the website, but I can't quite figure out *how* to post. What is the best way to go about posting a thread on the forum?

Thanks so much in advance for your help. Apologies if this is posted in the wrong area...I'm new to the forum world. Thanks so much again.

Hi Kyle,

Have you checked to see if this case is already on here? If so, you can start posting to that forum. If not, I believe only a moderator or an admin can add a new thread, so you'd have to contact them with the case details and such, and see if they would be willing to start a new thread about the case.

I hope that helps! And welcome to the community!

Hello,

My name is Kyle Olson and I recently learned about the Web Sleuths community and think you guys are doing really great work. I am a documentary filmmaker who recently completed a short documentary on a cold murder case in my hometown of Milwaukee, WI.

I was hoping to post about this case on the website, but I can't quite figure out *how* to post. What is the best way to go about posting a thread on the forum?

Thanks so much in advance for your help. Apologies if this is posted in the wrong area...I'm new to the forum world. Thanks so much again.

:welcome: So glad to have you here!

Like Dr. K said, if there is already a thread for the case you've referenced, please just post to that thread. If the case doesn't have a WS thread, please feel free to PM me (or any other moderator/administrator) with some basic case details & we'd be more than happy to start a thread that you can then post to as you wish.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agave1993
Back