Why Are We All Still Here?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dare I ask that if you think that, then why are you still here? In your view 'Elvis has left the building' and it is time to go home and plan the next gig you want to go to. :eek: :seeya:

I can come here and visit any thread I choose, like it or not :laughing:

UdbCrzy2:

Nothing will happen. They love the money they made from this and still are about this case. There will be NO exoneration, NO pardon, NO new trial. It's over...

As Hez stated, I don't think anyone was told to go home. I think Miranda! was only questioning the logic of your statement, in the context of this thread.

UdbCrzy2:

I can come here and visit any thread I choose, like it or not

Yes you can go to any thread, say what you want to, to whoever you want, go where you want, wear what you want, eat what you want, listen to the music you want, as long as you are prepared to be responsible for what you say and do. I think it's called "freedom". Isn't that wonderful??

Every man, WOMEN, and CHILD in this world should have this right, whether they are Black, White, poor, rich, Muslim, Jew, or just "different" in any other way. If one single person is denied this right, the rest of us become privileged.

If every person had these basic rights, that would be perfect, pity that reality teaches us otherwise. Although I am happy to be privileged, I would rather have the "right" to be free, than the "privilege" to be free. If I am privileged, that means someone else
is getting a bad deal.

One of the basic rules in our democracy, is that if you act responsibly, you earn the "right" to be privileged. If you don't act responsible, you are either punished, or someone else may have to carry the burden on your behalf.(or both)

It's all about responsibility in this story, some people have been made responsible for something they are not responsible for, because they were "different". Where as other people still have the privilege of being free, although they were responsible. Someone is responsible for killing those three boys, and they should not be entitled to the privilege of walking free.
(I know you have a different opinion, and that should always be respected).

The story of the WM3 is nothing new, just the names change. Instead of "Free the WM3", it could have been "Free UdbCrzy2". Just because she listens to Madonna and Whitney Houston, and we all know that people who listen to that kind of music worship Satan, doesn't mean she did it!

I think fighting to keep this "privilege" is worth it, even if it means becoming obsessed. I personally favour people more, who get obsessed with something that we all profit from, than people who don't give a damm about anything.
That is why I am here, (and I think a few other people too).

I can come here and visit any thread I choose, like it or not :laughing:
Of course you can! No-one said otherwise. What some of us find somewhat bemusing is the motivation, of why you all continue to fight a battle you already think you have won.

This is faulty. Just because (s)he simply remarked that (s)he doesn't see any type of resolution ever occurring (a very legitimate opinion, mind you) in this case; that doesn't mean he should halt all interest/opinion for said case. You're reading a simple remark ("It's over") way too literally and trying to apply a false equivalence to it.

The complete injustice that was done to 6 kids is what got me interested and keeps me interested in this case. The farce that was called an investigation. The farce of a supposed confession. The farce that there was ever a fair day in court. Frankly, either I'm cranky today or this stuff just ticks me off. While I hold out some hope that some day justice will be had, I just question if there aren't too many mountains to climb.

The real problem with this case is that the defense lawyers, and movie producers, used the OJ defense. "look, we didn't do it, so it must be someone else. Anyone else!" Physical evidence does not lie, it just gets interpreted incorrectly. A hair on a shoe lace of a victim who was known to have been in the house of the owner of that hair, does not prove guilt. Means, motive, and opportunity are the cornerstones. They had the means, and the opportunity. As to motive, read DE's own journals. The WM3 got a lucky break. They better take advantage of it.

I'm still here (since the last time I explained why I was still here..) because in my mind this case is still unsolved. And there's a ton more documents and information and discussion on this case than on most cases out there, barring JBR (and thanks to the cesspit of nasty that one has become, I will not touch it with a ten foot pole), the discussion here (mostly..) tends toward heat without hate, and .. yeah. Three little kids who never got to grow up. The heinousness of how their bodies were treated and discarded. I want to see this get a proper investigation, by someone from nowhere near West Memphis. I have seen so many cold cases I have followed for years, sleuthed and sweated over, some of them more than 30 years old, one that was personal to me, get solved when no-one thought they would ever be. I have hope. Is the main reason, aside from the kids.

Im here because there is a murderer loose in the town that I am being forced to spend Christmas with my in laws, I should have probably said" Im worried about my in laws living in a town with a loose killer" .....:floorlaugh: JK :)

Jesse Miskelly was mentally retarted (as proof of his iq) and there are numerous inconsistencies and an alibi that PROVE his confession is FALSE! WOW---Just what is it about D and J that have you so hot and bothered?!

Personally? Because I think this case needs to not be forgotten. Not only because three little boys lost their lives in a terrible way, but because of the larger implications.

Satanic Panic? Not any more. But there is always something to panic about- Witches, African-Americans, Communists, Gay people, Muslims...the list goes on and on. And, as this case shows, all it takes is a few people in power to fall under the thrall, and look what happened. Three teenagers sent to jail, one to death row.

Is it possible that the West Memphis 3 are guilty? Yes. I do not personally believe they are, but it is a possibility. But absolutely no one should have been convicted on the evidence presented, much less put on death row. But it happened, and an entire community patted themselves on the back for putting baby killers away.

This case basically boils down to a bunch of hysterical peasants pointing and screaming "Witch! Witch! Burn him at the stake!" And Damian was basically sentenced to just that.

And it happened now. Not in the 1700s, not in the 1950s, really just a few years ago. If those children had lived, they might be fathers now, but certainly not grandfathers. West Memphis could have been any town, including your own, and you could be those teenage boys.

That's why this case is so important. Because it points out how quickly hysteria grows, and how dire the consequences can be.

I am still here because I truly believe this case will eventually be solved.

As with other cold cases which have been solved even 35 years old and older, there is always a possibility of confessions either by the killer(s) or confessions from others who had provided false alibis and can no longer live with the burden of this knowledge. A great deal of interest has been generated from the cold case television shows and these may even prompt people to recall important information in this case. I think with a newer police force, there may be less reluctance than the previous police department's resolve that only the WM3 did this horrific crime. I just believe that the more people who discuss this case, the greater chance there is to solve it. People looking at this case from different and unusual angles will most certainly help. The main reason that I am still discussing this case is likely the same as everyone else - such a horrible crime against 3 young boys and wanting justice for this unconscionable inhuman act. I do believe the truth will come out eventually.

I am still here because justice was never served for the three little boys, Michael, Stevie and Chris. Seeing the amazing commitment from posters who have been on the west Memphis threads for years shows me the depth of caring these people have. To see new posters on this thread warms my heart and makes me certain that the truth will eventually come out.

Keeping this case front and centre keeps the memory of the little boys alive and the compassion for justice for them. Everyone on the west Memphis threads deserves kudos for being here. I just wanted to say thank you all so very much!!!

If someone tells me they have a secret but they won't tell me, it's torture. Whenever a piece of my gear breaks, I play detective until it's fixed. The worst is when something breaks, then mysteriously starts working again because you'll never find out what went wrong. That's essentially what has happened with this case. I have to know.

I saw PL1 circa 1995. Being about the same age as the victims, I was into the thrash metal thing since single digits. When the Metallica was cued, I knew it was going to be of interest.

So here I am, two decades later... still trying to fix what can't be fixed.

I suppose to say "I'm still here" would be a little dishonest of me really.
I came to this case late, after everybody already seems to have formed their own opinion and sometimes it feels like everything has already been said and discussed to death already.
I think I may have posted once or twice in this forum, but mostly I just read . . . here, elsewhere . . . and sometimes I feel like I've read so much that I've completely forgotten what I've already read and what I haven't.

For my part, I'm still firmly on the fence. I believe the WM3 could have been capable of this but I think there's also an equal chance that the killer(s) were somebody else entirely.
As to why I can't seem to let this one go, my personal beliefs on where the guilt sits don't really matter one way or the other.
The few things that I am sure of though are enough to leave a bad taste in the mouth and an overwhelming sense of injustice.

FWIW the only things that I'm happy to state as facts are :

> Three innocent little boys are dead and their families still don't have clear answers as to what really happened and why.
> The police work and investigation relating to this case was downright sloppy and by most people's standards the evidence presented at trial should not have been sufficient to secure a conviction.
> Because of the above, either three innocent teens have lost years of their lives to prison or the door was left wide open for media pressure and public awareness to result in three killers now walking around free.
> Whoever the guilty party is, innocent people have been the target of accusations, had their reputation and privacy pulled apart by the media and internet and will probably never be completely out from under a cloud of suspicion.

And none of that is acceptable to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamadeadhead
Back