Why did Darlie not lock Garage door?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
beesy said:
Any thoughts on my post #29? I think it's a very important slip of the tongue, do you? Was she asked about it in the trial or any other time? I am hearing the OP ask if the intruder has gone when she says "is there anybody else in the house". Is what you think she meant or is she asking if any other family members are there? I think she's asking about the intruder because that's certainly something the cops and medics would want to know before entering that house.

911 Operators ask who is in the house so they can tell the officer on the way who they'll be running into when they get there. I can see Darlie answsering the question from that point of view. Unless I was actually looking at an intruder while on the phone or knew one was in another room, I most likely would have answered the same.

Jeana (DP) said:
911 Operators ask who is in the house so they can tell the officer on the way who they'll be running into when they get there. I can see Darlie answsering the question from that point of view. Unless I was actually looking at an intruder while on the phone or knew one was in another room, I most likely would have answered the same.
Thanks for your input. So you think the OP was asking if both any other person who belongs in the house is there as well as a possible intruder? If this were a real outside attack, I might panic and misunderstand her, but Darlie was supposed to be setting the stage for a stranger attack. It might be a slip or just another thing Darlie didn't think through.

beesy said:
Thanks for your input. So you think the OP was asking if both any other person who belongs in the house is there as well as a possible intruder? If this were a real outside attack, I might panic and misunderstand her, but Darlie was supposed to setting the stage for a stranger attack. It might be a slip or just another thing Darlie didn't think through.

Its a standard question they ask when something like this happens. They don't want the officers walking into a situation where the homeowner may be in room with a gun. They must know whose in the house before they go in. That way, if someone else approaches them, they'll be prepared. (my parents were LE) ;)

beesy said:
He should have had a field day with this one because Darlie had already called for "Karen/Darin" by the time the OP asks her about the front door. But this part is telling I think:
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]02:33:15 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...ma'am...[/font]

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]02:34:06 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...what...[/font]

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]02:38:11 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...is there anybody in the house ...besides you and your children...[/font]

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]02:38:11 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...no ...my husband he just ran downstairs ...he's helping me ...but they're dying ...oh my God ...they're dead...[/font]

So how did she know the intruder/s were already gone? She would have no of knowing
http://www.justicefordarlie.net/evidence/evd-001.php
I think the first officer was already inside the house when the dispatcher asked Dalrlie if her door was unlocked. He can be heard asking Darlie to get towels for Damon. Also, Darlie could have been answering "yes, mam" to the question asked immediately prior to her answering which the question is listed as unintelligible on the tape. JMO

texassnuboots said:
I think the first officer was already inside the house when the dispatcher asked Dalrlie if her door was unlocked. He can be heard asking Darlie to get towels for Damon. Also, Darlie could have been answering "yes, mam" to the question asked immediately prior to her answering which the question is listed as unintelligible on the tape.
Oops: I noticed the unintelligible is a radio not the dispatcher. JMO
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:45:19[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Police Officer[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...look for a rag...
[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:46:11[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...they killed our babies...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]
03:48:03
[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Police Officer[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...lay down ...ok ...just sit down ...(unintelligible)[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]
03:51:11
[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(sounds of typing on computer keyboard)...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]
03:52:13
[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...no ...he ran out ...uh ...they ran out in the garage ...I was sleeping...[/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:54:09[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(unintelligible)...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]
03:56:19
[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...my babies over here already cut ...can I (unintelligible)...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:59:29[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darin Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(unintelligible) phone is right there...[/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:01:28[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(unintelligible)...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]
04:03:01
[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]RADIO[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(unintelligible)...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]
04:05:02
[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...ya'll look out in the garage ...look out in the garage ...they left a knife laying on...[/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:08:21[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]RADIO[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(unintelligible)...[/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:09:19[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...there's a knife ...don't touch anything...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]
04:11:18
[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...I already touched it and picked it up...[/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:12:05[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]RADIO[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...10-4...[/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:15:20[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...who's out there ...is anybody out there...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]
04:16:07
[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Police Officer[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(unintelligible)...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]
04:17:06
[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...I don't know ...I was sleeping...[/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:18:14[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...ok ma'am ...listen ...there's a police officer at your front door ...is your front door unlocked...[/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:22:11[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]RADIO[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(unintelligible)...[/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:22:15[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...yes ma'am ...but where's the ambulance...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]
04:24:21
[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...ok...[/font]

Jeana (DP) said:
Its a standard question they ask when something like this happens. They don't want the officers walking into a situation where the homeowner may be in room with a gun. They must know whose in the house before they go in. That way, if someone else approaches them, they'll be prepared. (my parents were LE) ;)
yeah, I know that. That's not really what I was asking. Thank you though

texassnuboots said:
I think the first officer was already inside the house when the dispatcher asked Dalrlie if her door was unlocked. He can be heard asking Darlie to get towels for Damon. Also, Darlie could have been answering "yes, mam" to the question asked immediately prior to her answering which the question is listed as unintelligible on the tape. JMO
Yeah, the OP was referring to the 2nd cop, I always forget if it's Walling or Waddell. One is the 1st and the the other is the 2nd. I think she's saying "yes" about the door. Besides all this, she had already hollered for Karen/Darin by then so she knew the door was open even if neither cop was there yet. Which is why I said I didn't think it meant anything

beesy said:
There's a really spooky part which is not transcribed where she says "Damon, Damon, Damon" under her breath. You know like when your kid is acting up in the store and you're really pissed, but you don't want the rest of the world to know? "Get over here or you are gonna get it" that tone, but just evil. I think she's alerting Darin that Damon is still moving. If this is right, he's obviously very involved. Suppose she was at or near the sink, talking to 911, trying to clean up the blood from her throat when she notices Damon is moving. She grabs the knife or still has it and she stands over him wondering what to do. Can she quietly stab him without the OP hearing her? She's already seen how hard it is to kill them. She knows she can't stab him again and keep control of the phone. Does Darin do it?
Somewhere on this forum Dani T. and cami both have made some changes to the 911 transcript. They both have this spot marked. I hear it too. I nearly threw up the first time. If the above scenerio is correct, we might be hearing that child being killed. I also hear utensils clattering at some point, but I can't ever remember where. Dani T. has some places marked where she and others can hear a sound, but can't tell what it is. It might one of those spots. Listen to the tape while reading cami and Dani T.'s transcripts and tell me if you hear it.
opps...sorry...wrote the wrong name...but I see you think the same thing.

Goody said:
Don't forget his cat eyes....he could see in the dark well enough to take a winding....okay...angled path between boxes and garage sale junk to get to the UR door that, thank the stars in heaven, was left unlocked for him.

Ah, I see you called it x-ray vision. X-ray vision or cat eyes, either one works, I guess. He not only could see in the dark, but he managed to go through that mess in the garage, not once but twice, without knocking anything over.
Hahahaha. My dad had excellent night vision and called it "moon eyes". Thanks for bringing back a good memory for me.

beesy said:
yeah, I know that. That's not really what I was asking. Thank you though

Make the question clearer then Darlin. I'm not too bright sometimes. :blushing:

Jeana (DP) said:
Make the question clearer then Darlin. I'm not too bright sometimes. :blushing:
Ha, no it's me. I was trying to ask if that was a slip up on Darlie's part by saying there was no one else in the house but her husband. I wasn't asking why the question was asked. I am more interested in Darlie's response. Actually I think you answered it maybe. See? It is me. Remember my brain is vacation.. ha

beesy said:
Ha, no it's me. I was trying to ask if that was a slip up on Darlie's part by saying there was no one else in the house but her husband. I wasn't asking why the question was asked. I am more interested in Darlie's response. Actually I think you answered it maybe. See? It is me. Remember my brain is vacation.. ha

LOL We're a good pair then! It could have been a slip, but don't forget by this time, she claims the dude(s) left through the garage, so I think its still a non-issue. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindyW1974
Back