Why did Huckaby murder Sandra? What do you think?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why did Huckaby murder Sandra? What do you think?

• Huckaby got irritated with Sandra and hit her, which led to her death.

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Huckaby has mental illness and lost control/snapped.

Votes: 33 9.7%
  • Huckaby was jealous of Sandra's relationship with her daughter.

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Sandra and Huckaby's daughter were having a disagreement and Huckaby lost it.

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • She is involved with a pedo ring.

Votes: 50 14.7%
  • Something else will come out.

Votes: 128 37.8%
  • I just don't know...

Votes: 119 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Below is a link to the case of Beverly Alitt. She was a nurse who murdered 4 child patients and injured five others:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverly_Allitt

(snips)
Beverley Gail Allitt (born 4 October 1968), dubbed the Angel of Death,[1] is an English serial killer who murdered four children and injured five others while working as a State Enrolled Nurse (SEN), on the children's ward of Grantham and Kesteven Hospital, Lincolnshire. Her main method of murder was to inject the child with insulin or potassium to cause cardiac arrest.
She was sentenced to life imprisonment at her trial in 1993 and is currently being held at Rampton Secure Hospital.[2]

Allitt's motives have never been fully explained. According to one theory, Munchausen syndrome by proxy explains her actions.[7] This controversial personality disorder is described as involving a pattern of abuse in which a perpetrator physically falsifies illnesses in someone under their care, in order to attract attention.

I took the easy way out and voted I just don't know.

I can't imagine, none of it makes any sense at all. None of the answers make sense.

The question I have is how did she think she could get away with it?

This case is so incredibly heartbreaking.

I'm updating my theory on why. The drugging of the other girl was an attempt to create danger and fear in the trailer park so this little girl or maybe even other kids wouldn't be allowed to play outside and come around as much. That didn't work, or word didn't get around so the even more horrible abduction had to happen there. That would get rid of the little girl coming around so much and make all the little girls have to stay and play indoors at their own homes. I believe it all has to do with her own "super thin and frequently ill" child wanting to go outside and play, getting older and more independent, and being influenced by her neighbor friends. A child being abducted nearby would be a perfect excuse to not let your child have any freedom at all or go outside.

This makes as much sense as anything else, although it's hard to imagine ANYONE killing a child for ANY reason.

This makes as much sense as anything else, although it's hard to imagine ANYONE killing a child for ANY reason.

Heavy agreement. I tried to imagine why anyone would kill an eight-year-old child, and it was evident that the search for an answer would lead to some place my mind refused to go.

I voted "something else will come out" because, with this case's twists and turns, that seems quite likely.

I was wondering/hoping we could change the wording in option number 2. Using crazy as a descriptive for mental illness is antiquated and offensive to a lot of people who have suffered from mental illness at one time or another. I'd appreciate it as I'm sure some others would as well.

I voted I don't know. I have to agree with Kat that we just don't have enough information.

I was wondering/hoping we could change the wording in option number 2. Using crazy as a descriptive for mental illness is antiquated and offensive to a lot of people who have suffered from mental illness at one time or another. I'd appreciate it as I'm sure some others would as well.

I voted I don't know. I have to agree with Kat that we just don't have enough information.

EXCELLENT point, Du0308, on mental illness.

...the rollaway bed in the church,LE on the roof,her having something to do with slayter and the other pedo,a man in a truck by the pond....I'm voting pedo ring and definetely she is extremely mentally disturbed and most likely an abuse victim herself.

I voted, Huckaby was jealous of Sandra's relationship with her daughter.

I would like to hear from MH's family and friends about her mental state of mind. She held a job so IMO she wasn't "that mental".

I think there was some jealously regarding MH's daughter and Sandra. I can't pinpoint it yet and may never.

I hope we learn much more tomorrow.

Personally I think shes just crazy.

Me too. While I also believe "something else will come out," I think she is crazy and just snapped. It has to be insanity when someone kills a child suddenly for no apparent reason. Could be mental illness, drug abuse, anger out of control, whatever.

.....maybe she was jealous of sandra's "relationship" with her "boyfriend"
....maybe sandra was abused by this man before and mh considered him her boyfriend

She looks mentally ill to me. I think she was molested herself. I get the feeling that she either was involved with a man or friend who is into child *advertiser censored*, or is a mentally disordered sex abuser herself, something like that. But, I just don't know. This is horrific.

You mean in her mug shot? I'm not sure how'd I'd look in a mug shot (especially after a police interrogation!)....couldn't have been her proudest moment...but of other pictures I've seen of her, she looks normal to me (of course, I've only seen 2, and maybe those were just the good ones!)

Edited to add:
I'm not saying she's not capable of doing something like this, just that aside from the mug shot, I hadn't really seen any pics of her looking "mentally ill."

Look at Ted Bundy. He always looked like he stepped off the pages of GQ.

I think something unexpected will come out as far as motive --it will stun us with it's senselessness. It's going to prove how crazy she is.

Then again, it could contain elements of many of the motives in the poll....who knows.
this is what I was going to say....so I am quoting the great Columbo!

I voted something else will come out, although I do believe some type of mental illness will come into play in this case. I have not read anything on her husband and what kind of relationship that was, I think I read they were not married very long. Anyone know anything about the hubby?

Would Melissa need money for her upcoming court date, as in paying a fine or restitution?

I am glad to see I am not alone in the "I just don't know" category. I cannot even wrap my brain around this one. I had many relatives ask me why I thought she did it yesterday (because they know of my Missing Person obsession). Usually I have an answer on these cases right away, but this one just has me stunned.

I was thinking she might have drugged her but didn't mean her to die; or someone else might have done so and she is covering for him/her. (I'm trying not to point fingers this soon)

I voted I don't know....I was shocked to here it was her. Shocked to here that there won't be any more arrests. I guess my other vote (if I could have 2) would be that something else will come out. Something is up here......and evil is at the root of it.

Do not know where to post this.. came across in my local paper...
MH has Topeka ties....

http://www.kansas.com/news/breaking/story/771357.html

Sorry if this is already known and discussed.

The article says that her ex is from Topeka, and she had been seeking past due child support.

Thanks for the info. It would probably be a good idea to re-post in the regular discussion thread called "Melissa Huckaby #2". You could just leave this one here, if a moderator decides to delete it, no biggie.

Susan

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TruthAndACoffee
Back