• Stall tactic?

Votes: 249 46.2%
  • None of the above

Votes: 174 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Baez in fact said it was a private matter, it must be family related. Which may be legit, but which also probably was really *good* or really *bad* timing, depending on who you are. I bet HHJP is steamed, rightly or wrongly, if it was 'family emergency'.

One thing I noted is that in the video clips of the morning session just prior to the lunch recess being called, JB had a smile on his face and didn't look ill. So if it is a "private matter" it's not illness. It could be a family emergency of some sort. It must have been sudden as there was no indication prior to the lunch recess.

It was reported by one of the local media that about 1:00pm HHMP was seen conferring with some of the DT, so I think he learned from someone at that time that JB had a problem and wouldn't be returning for the day.

I think if Baez left the court this afternoon for a personal reason Judge Perry would be sympathetic but he seemed angry when he announced that court would pick up tomorrow at 8:30.

In the video I'm seeing Go away, I'm done, just go away... to which JB asks something maybe are you sure? She replies yeah... then more hand gestures and she shakes her head yes. I can't tell what else she says at the end before standing. I have very faint audio... going to try to see if I can hear anything on the kids gaming PC after carpool.

I could be completely wrong, or just hopeful... but watching her lips I see a G formed.

We've been speculating for a week that something is up between Baez and his client. However, in the midst of this mess, Baez could have also had a family matter come up too.

Or not.

You just can't tell with this case. :sigh:

I'm only on page 3 of this thread and if this has been said... oops on my part BUT I think KC was crying because she didn't want to go back into the holding cell so early today. She has to sit there all afternoon, night and into the morning with nothing but the four walls. That's what I think at least.

Well apparently what ever the "emergency" is, it's not bad enough to stop him from texting media.........

.. and someone brought this out. Don't know if anyone has posted it already, but there was a link to a wftv.com video http://www.wftv.com/video/27938803/index.html that someone said was right before the lunch recess. About the 11:25 mark you can see JB come to ICA and she mouths to him "do it" and then "I want it done." I watched a couple times and that seems to be the case. What do you think?

WOW ! I just watched this and YES ... that is what ICA said to CM or JB .

What "arrogance" ... giving "marching orders" to the attorneys ...

:bigstick:

Beth Karas announced just now that she's received a message from JB telling her that he left today due to a "private matter." He asked that all speculation stop, and said that they will be going forward at 8:30am tomorrow morning.

IMO JB set up the circus tent ,hired the clowns to keep all eyes on HIS show,pulls tricks thoat rival a magician-wannabe, but he expects to walk away ,no explanation ,and wants the speculation to stop?

If this is a personal matter ,he should have asked the court to say so ,to AVOID the speculation he knew was coming.:maddening:

I don't know why,but GA's suicide "attempt" comes to mind.

I think "discussing the matter" with ICA was either to ask her to continue without JB for the day,or simply to let her know what was up.

Or maybe something's up :waitasec:

We ask that his client tell the truth. She can go first.

I love the way you simplify everything, .

Everybody is making this far too complicated. :angel:

No where near as exciting as I was speculating ... my idea was MUCH more exciting :)

I agree that is what the Inmate says ... but it is Mason she says it to .... his ring is shown on the hand he puts on the table....

Yes, I agree this is Mason not Baez. You can clearly see Masons ring.

If it was an emergency, why would JB ask for 15 mins. extra (1 pm instead of 12:45)? IMO, the judge knew before the break that something was being looked into (or filed).

It certainly looked like she was instructing him to do something and she was not really happy about it.

Could it be something to do with the lawsuit GA and CA are filing? Did JB go back to Orlando to file some sort of motion against GA and CA? That could be why ICA is upset.

I think if Baez left the court this afternoon for a personal reason Judge Perry would be sympathetic but he seemed angry when he announced that court would pick up tomorrow at 8:30.

It could honestly be both. Let's face it I'm pretty sure HHJP is just as skeptical of JB as we are. So if JB complained of a "emergency family issue" HHJP might be skeptical of its authenticity. And even if it is true HHJP could just be peeved that yet another day is wasted and he's running out of options to get a jury seated.

I knew there was no way this case was going to be heard in a timely fashion no matter how hard HHJP pushed to get it going this week.

I agree that is what the Inmate says ... but it is Mason she says it to .... his ring is shown on the hand he puts on the table....

Well that shines a whole new light on this exchange, doesn't it? :angel:

Good sleuth, ThinkTank! :clap:

I have never seen CJBP look so angry. If I could read his mind I'd say he's thinking, "OK, folks, bring it on!!" He seemed totally beside himself to me.

I seriously doubt that he is sick. Something is up.
I agree & I agree.

I think Casey and her defense team want a new judge- talk about delay tactics- and Judge Perry now knows what they are up to, and is extremely angry about it.

The precedent has already been set when they did it to Strickland.

Baez isn't really sick. He's off somewhere writing/ filing a motion to that effect. Baez is the one that asked for an extended lunch break.

Just my opinion, of course.

Right TEH. You have a private matter to deal with, don't ask to be excused from the court proceedings? Instead you just leave, and then text with the media? How many members of the jury panel are going to hear about this and have to be released? Was this intentional?

I simply can't imagine the poop that's gonna be flying when the trial actually starts, this has been nuts already and this should be the simple part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16