Why did Lee flip-flop?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why did Lee flip-flop?

• Because family loyalty set in, overshadowing all else.

Votes: 166 48.4%
  • Because he sincerely believes Casey now.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Because he needs to cover his own tracks for some reason.

Votes: 122 35.6%
  • Other

Votes: 54 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If they're not going to throw KC under the bus for the heinous crime she committed, then why would they throw their other child under the bus for much less of an indescretion? Just food for thought.

We have reports of KC being bailed out even as far back as high school. KC seemed to be the 'problem child' in this family. We haven't heard much about LEE. Other than his admitting that he climbed in a window to retrieve Tupperware, have we heard of any prior 'bad acts' (ie stealing, telling lies ect.) credited to Lee?

What was his place in the family? If KC was the 'do no wrong that couldn't be fixed' Princess maybe, now that the family is in dire peril, it is Lee's chance to save the day. He seemed to admire Star Wars, maybe he is believing that he is their 'only hope'.

He said himself that he moved home at the beginning of this year to help the family. It's strange how once Casey is totally out of the house (jail) here comes Lee back home (I assume at Cindy's suggestion). The arm of the family has a long reach.

Michael Corleone: Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in. ...
:)

----
He plainly made statements that she was a liar in the beginning and now he "believes" whatever his sister tells him. That appears to me to be an absolute "flip-flop".

I remember Lee saying "I believe everything my sister tells me" but then he added "because I have to." Why does he have to? Is it because of Cindy or does he feel he wouldn't be being loyal to Casey if he didn't believe everything that she tells him? I think that Lee has always known the truth but has decided to stick by his sister regardless if she did or if she didn't murder Caylee. I think the total focus of this family is to band together and support Casey regardless of what she did. I don't know if his big speech to Casey at the memorial service was for Casey's benefit or for Cindy's benefit. Kind of like "see how loyal I am to Casey..mom!" I think that Caylee has been left by the wayside and the focus is Casey now. Lee will stand tall for his sister because mom says that is the right thing to do and you don't cross mom or you won't have what is left of your family. Who knows though...maybe this is the way Lee is thinking. After all, he is an Anthony.

According to them KC did not committ the crime. Would not want someone going rogue on them and telling the truth.:waitasec: They are a united family remember. :furious:

They're publicly saying KC did not commit the crime. In their family circle, the unspoken truth is that KC's responsible. I can't imagine CA rationalizing "my daughter killed my granddaughter. We must protect and defend her. If my son won't, he's no longer a member of this family".

If you're gonna disown a child, disown the one that deserves it!

In the beginning, Lee seemed almost too eager to help the detectives. Then something changed and I'm not sure what, but I have a feeling Lee felt betrayed by them in some way.

Cindy, I believe, would have thrown Casey under the bus if it meant getting Caylee back. All she wanted was Caylee home, and that's why she could not believe that Caylee was dead. She couldn't come to terms with it yet, and she also felt that the detectives betrayed her by not looking for an alive Caylee.

Because of Cindy's control issues and "us against the world" mentality, this isn't even about protecting Casey anymore. This is simply Cindy, Lee and George against the OCSO. They betrayed "the family" and "the family" will stop at nothing to win this fight, despite what they think about Casey or what happened to Caylee.

Lee, because of his own sense of betrayal, is sticking with the family.

-----
I agree with you AlwaysShocked, I think that the time period that we did not see Lee, that Cindy had given him a "timeout" to either get with the program or be shunned from the family. She probably threatened to disown him for his indiscretions. He finally decided to join the program and now he is fully programmed to do his part.:bang:

:borg: :borg: :borg: :borg:

Probably couldn't resist the Kool-Aid.

He has been assimilated.

:borg: :borg: :borg: :borg:

I chose other.. I think Momma dictated what the "script" for the family would be.. " We are united" So George and Lee follow suit or take the consequences.

Exactly, and he will never forget the promise to C M A, to follow the script at all costs. He said C M A was for Mom, KC and Caylee. I am sure alot was for CA ...

moo

I put family loyalty but the real reason is LA (GA and CA) are all "enablers" Enablers fear loss of the person who is doing bad things and so they stick by them no matter what, not knowing they are making things worse. The same applies with families or friends who enable drug users.

I voted other.

On July 15-16 and during the first few weeks, I think Lee and the Anthony's had some hope for Caylee. I believe all of Casey's family would have thrown Casey under the bus to get Caylee back.

But that changed.

One thing I think LP was right about was that there was a difference in the family mood after the preliminary forensics came back. After hope for Caylee was lost, the Anthony family circled the wagons to protect the only "girl" Cindy has left.

I think some of George's and Lee's flip-flops are to protect Casey because they love her. But, I also think they are also protecting Cindy from further losing it (because they love Cindy). I think they are doing what they are doing to protect the fragile part of Cindy they see as wounded and going down.

Not saying Cindy is or isn't manipulating. Just saying I see males protecting their women.
JMO

(Bold is my emphasis)
Exactly Jolynna. This is from George's recorded conversation with LE on 8/4/2008:

I don't want to believe that I have, have raised someone, and brought someone in this world that could do something to another person. I don't want to believe that. And if it happens all I can do is ask that you guys can please call me so I can prepare my wife because it's going to kill her.

(snip)

But what I just wanted to touch base with you guys today is I don't want where the investigation's at, at this moment. I mean, I guess I do. I can't, I know I can't get that information because I'm, I'm just a citizen. I'm not no police officer. I'm not a detective. I'm just George Anthony, father and grandfather today. All I can do is ask if, if you feel this is going in the direction that my, my, my heart is killing me right now to say it even, if it's going into my grandaughter is not, no longer alive. I'm going to try to handle it the best I can, but I need to be there for my wife and my, my son. We, we need to, just because it's only us three left the way I'm looking at it right now. Because if there's, if we lost my granddaughter I've lost my daughter.

I'd say you are right on the money.

...mamabear,i'm sorry i'm so behind in this thread but i totally get what you're saying and it makes sense...keywords are 'in his head' they're above everyone else and he can believe what she tells him one way or the other ,now in casey's head,i'm sure it's a different story,the way she chuckles and goes along with him during the jail interview i feel she thinks he's a fool for believing in that 'connection',she also chuckles when george mentions in his jail interview that lee is doing a great job helping the investigation or something along those lines,IMO kc thinks he's a joke.

I am torn between he needs to cover his own tracks and family loyalty. I finally went with he needs to cover his own tracks. I don't know why, but I feel Lee has known more all along than he has let on. I don't think he had a hand in Caylee's murder, but I think Casey told him the entire story when she was out on bond.

Besides both being Purdue fans, tiredofthis, we both think Lee is in this deeper than imagined. I think he knows everything that happened to Caylee, perhaps with a true or unture excuse from Casey that Caylee's death was an accident (I don't go along with that).
I believe he is in the "between a rock and a hard place," situation. On one side it's his mother, Cindy where he wants to place his allegence at the same time feels guilt that Casey has unloaded most or all of the facts on him concerning Caylee's death. And, he can not or will not, because of his family, go to LE with what he knows via his sister.
I think Lee is a weak person, not unlike his father, George, who likes to act fair and aware of the circumstances, but at the same time wanting to protect himself from all sides: his mom and LE.
Go Boilermakers!

...mamabear,i'm sorry i'm so behind in this thread but i totally get what you're saying and it makes sense...keywords are 'in his head' they're above everyone else and he can believe what she tells him one way or the other ,now in casey's head,i'm sure it's a different story,the way she chuckles and goes along with him during the jail interview i feel she thinks he's a fool for believing in that 'connection',she also chuckles when george mentions in his jail interview that lee is doing a great job helping the investigation or something along those lines,IMO kc thinks he's a joke.

That's exactly how I think she sees LA. She gets so tired of his questions. I think she hates them all. Watching this family is worse than watching a train wreck.

They're publicly saying KC did not commit the crime. In their family circle, the unspoken truth is that KC's responsible. I can't imagine CA rationalizing "my daughter killed my granddaughter. We must protect and defend her. If my son won't, he's no longer a member of this family".

If you're gonna disown a child, disown the one that deserves it!

You are preaching to the wrong person. It is not me with the mental problem at the A's house.

I'll pick family loyalty.

Once Caylee's body was found and the evidence pointed to Casey and no one else I think it's to keep Casey from being convicted or getting the DP (even though that wasn't on the table at the time Lee gave his civil depo in the ZG lawsuit, it was always a possibility).

I also think that GA's suicide attempt may be one of the other reasons that LA has changed his public statements ie the CMA stuff at Caylee's memorial service.

Back in July/August, Lee tells Annie Downing not to lie for Casey, she's done bad things. During deposition Lee takes a completely different tone, saying he believes everything his sister says and making excuses for her. Why the flip-flop?

We need another option - because he's a LIAR. The pattern certainly runs in the family. It's pathogical lying. I've seen the attributes in KC, Lee, George and Cindy:

Here are some ways to tell someone is a pathological liar contributed by another WikiAnswers Contributor:

They lie about even the smallest things. For example, saying "I brushed my teeth today," when they didn't.

They add exaggerations to every sentence.

They change their story all the time.

They act very defensively when you question their statements.

They believe what they say is true, when everyone else knows it isn't.
Here's an alternate "checklist":

Lies when it is very easy to tell the truth.

Lies to get sympathy, to look beter, to save their butt, etc.

Fools people at first but once they get to know him, no one believes anything they ever say.

May have a personality disorder.

Extremely manipulative.

Has been caught in lies repeatedly.

Never fesses up to the lies.

Is a legend in their own mind.

My belief is that when he talked to Amy, that she didn't know anything about Caylee. All she knew or admitted to was about was the money issues. And I think he/the family at that time were willing to let KC go down for the money issues. So it was safe for Amy to talk about what she knew. So he told her not to lie.

At that period of time, I don't know if the family was believing KC, in denial of reality, or what but I believe that at that time they didn't think that KC could ever be convicted of murder. And the money issues were a nice distraction from a potential murder case. I think they conceded that KC was going to go down for something, they just didn't want it to be murder. The 911 call CA complained first about the money, then about the missing granddaughter and the smell in the car. She wanted help from LE, but didn't want to see KC in trouble for doing anything to Caylee. I really don't think that she believed at the time that KC had done anything to Caylee, but I think that might have believed that something had happened to Caylee- like an accident or something that KC might have/should have prevented.

Complaint: Your poll doesn't even include the option that Lee did not flip flop. I'm not saying you're the first to do this, there have been lots of polls like this that state an opinion as if it's a fact or even make an accusation, and don't allow for any dissenting opinion. It would be nice if you could correct your poll however by adding (e) None of the above, Lee hasn't "flip-flopped".

You're right, he's as wishy-washy and useless today as he was on July 15 ..

Complaint: Your poll doesn't even include the option that Lee did not flip flop. I'm not saying you're the first to do this, there have been lots of polls like this that state an opinion as if it's a fact or even make an accusation, and don't allow for any dissenting opinion. It would be nice if you could correct your poll however by adding (e) None of the above, Lee hasn't "flip-flopped".

Ouch! Well, I won't argue your point. I'll just say that when I see a poll that doesn't have an answer I'm in line with, I post "I can't vote because...."

I say other. I don't think he's flipped or flopped, I think he's just an actor like his sis. He still wants the "WHY"...that big old 800 pound gorilla that nobody in the family will talk about. He knew when he was first called to the house that KC had done something. He saw the lightbulb go off when he clued her in to the fact that the arrival of police would mean she'd have to produce Caylee-the game was afoot. He's still playing whatever cards he has to answer his own questions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ND84
Back