why does casey think anyone woud have wanted to take caylee?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
yes people take children BUT normally its a stranger . I dont think it would make sense for "zanida" to take a kid where the mom knew her could identify her and her friends etc.
Casey is a really bad liar.

That's not true..Actually, abductions are most often carried out by people who know the child. That is a fact, google it you would be surprised at the statistics.

Let's see my mom finds me and says I've given you a month to see Caylee and a month is 31 days and my mom walks in the room after hearing me tell my brother that I haven't seen my daughter for 31 days which is how long it's been since she has seen me. And my mom says "who took her" uhm uhm the baby sitter. Well got that monkey off my back.

i don't seriously consider caylee as being abducted or kidnapped, but...

kids are abducted or kidnapped all the time, unfortunately. is it really so hard a concept to grasp?

not everyone who takes a child who isn't theirs is looking for something in return other than the possession of that child for whatever personal reason they have. it certainly isn't unheard of.

I agree, and not just pedophiles. In fact, the majority of kidnapped children are actually NOT taken by strangers, but by family or friends. (See http://www.klaaskids.org/pg-mc-mcstatistics.htm ).
Further, there are weirdos out there who steal small children, newborns, even fetuses because they desparately feel they need a child to prove their worth as a woman. Sadly, I do not believe that is the case here. For one thing, someone would have likely seen this child by now or would have seen something pointing to such a scenario, as it is such a high profile case. For another thing, there is just too much credible evidence pointing to the premediated murder of Caylee by casey, if everything LE has released is accurate.

i don't seriously consider caylee as being abducted or kidnapped, but...

kids are abducted or kidnapped all the time, unfortunately. is it really so hard a concept to grasp?

not everyone who takes a child who isn't theirs is looking for something in return other than the possession of that child for whatever personal reason they have. it certainly isn't unheard of.

My feelings, too....

I agree, and not just pedophiles. In fact, the majority of kidnapped children are actually NOT taken by strangers, but by family or friends. (See http://www.klaaskids.org/pg-mc-mcstatistics.htm ).
Further, there are weirdos out there who steal small children, newborns, even fetuses because they desparately feel they need a child to prove their worth as a woman. Sadly, I do not believe that is the case here. For one thing, someone would have likely seen this child by now or would have seen something pointing to such a scenario, as it is such a high profile case. For another thing, there is just too much credible evidence pointing to the premediated murder of Caylee by casey, if everything LE has released is accurate.

absolutely. well-said.

My feelings, too....

awesome. :)

seriouly, of course shes adorable but people dont just grab thier friends or a kids and run with them for fun.
Its cost money to live on the run. How does casey think this person who babysat for a living has money to travel and hide with her child when they have no job and no money. Casey really didnt think out her story were well.

I thought she said Zenaida was the last person she saw with Caylee. I didn't realize she had actually accused her of kidnapping. Children are kidnapped all the time........sometimes even as brazenly as from a hospital nursery.

Kids are alot of work and expensive so why exactly does she think someone wanted to take her daughter ? I mean really its crazy . Casey said caylee was safe so that rules out someone takeing her for sexual reasons right ? What exactly does she expect us to think? someone randomly took her daughter just for the heck of it . They had money to support another child feed and cloth her just to get back at casey for something.
Come on casey we are moms we are smarter than this........ Your story doesnt make any sense on any level.
After watching cindy its so obvious how casey got to be how she is. Yikes !
I dont think cindy would have been the best choice to raise caylee if casey didnt want her. Cindy seems to be lacking in the most basic of common sense.
She lives in a fantasy land and casey dwells there as well.

I totally agree about Cindy not being fit to raise Caylee.

As for why she said someone took her, there's not much else she could say. Anything else would mean admitting she did something to her. She had to involve someone else so she would have a scapegoat.

Okay, let's suppose that. What about the decomp in the trunk? Substantial reward money offered would more than compensate for unpaid babysitting fees. And then how about the child's face being everywhere. It wouldn't be easy having that child around would it? But honestly, evidence indicates the baby was dead in the trunk...that cannot be rationalized away.

With all due respect, the thread question is about why would Casey think someone would take her child -- I posed an "if" response to the thread question, nothing more.

I agree with the initial question. I think it's worthy of rational thought. I have posed the same question in regards to the McCann case and wondered, "why would they take her and not one of the twins?" Why take just the one child? Again, it doesn't hold up to rational thought. However, people who do these things are not rational, obviously. Case in point... David Westerfield (was that his name... the perp who raped and murdered Danielle Van Dam?) He took her away from her house at night and left her dead body in the desert. People do crazy things. In this case, I think it was Casey who did the crazy things and she's even crazier for thinking we'll buy her line of bull.

Okay, I'm going to attempt to answer this question, but it's not what I believed happened in this case.
Suppose zanny took Caylee because she was getting back at Casey for something she did to zanny. Maybe Casey stole money, drugs or something else of value to zanny. And, Casey was afraid to turn in her nanny because that would mean she would have to tell LE what she did and the reason Caylee was taken.
It's not brillant, but it's a possibility. The only thing is, after Caylee was gone, Casey never acted like a mother whose child had been taken.
What a sad case.

I'm going to set the evidence in the car aside so that I can consider what might have happened. Now, realistically, I know what has been reported about the evidence, but I'm just going to set that aside to consider the possibilities here.

We don't really know who the father of Caylee is. Wouldn't the father possibly take Caylee because:

1. He feels Casey is a bad mother.
2. He wants to give his child a better life. Could he be a powerful man and not some teenager/20-something?
3. He has money and can care for the child.
4. He doesn't want Cindy to get custody of the child because he doesn't like her or feel she is an appropriate parent to the child and she blocked him from being on the birth certificate and did some legal maneuvering to keep him from gaining custody of his child.

You know, if you look at Cindy's actions regarding Caylee's birth and her chain of guardianship, it is apparent that Cindy was attempting to do whatever she could to make sure the father was out of the picture. Could it be that when Cindy threatened to get custody of Caylee, Casey told the father and he took her and/or is in the process of adopting her?

I think Casey was going to fake a kidnapping with ransom so she could get the rest of the equity in the home and her mother's retirement savings. Possibly even her grandparent's money. Then she'd be the victim, have sympathy, be forgiven of her thefts, and go on with life blaming a Mexican for kidnapping her child.

Then, how did Caylee's decomposed DNA get into the car trunk?

? I didnt say it didn't? I don't believe she was kidnapped at all. I believe Casey killed her.

What the poster asked is WHY would Casey think anyone would want Caylee. I was pointing out that it does happen, which might be why Casey concocted the story.

Hope that clears it up.

Then, whose was the dead body in the trunk?

Again: With all due respect, the thread question is about why would Casey think someone would take her child -- I posed an "if" response to the thread question, nothing more.

I'm not going to get off topic of This Thread to get into a whole discussion about what dead body may or may not have been in the trunk. That is an issue that is being discussed on many other threads. It is not the topic of this thread.
progress.gif

Which leaves the cadaver dogs, the hair with the death band, the mtDNA, and heaven knows what other forensic evidence, in the car trunk.

This isn't an "i believe Caylee is alive" thread. No one is arguing that. We are thinking of reasons Casey would have believed that someone would want to take Caylee.

I believe there are people out there who would take Caylee but the odds are high, IMO.. However, it's how Casey acted after the fact. Didn't report her missing child until a month later, AND it wasn't even her who reported it... hum ...:waitasec: something isn't right.. :boohoo:

This isn't an "i believe Caylee is alive" thread. No one is arguing that. We are thinking of reasons Casey would have believed that someone would want to take Caylee.

Not sure she thought it out at all. She went from Zanni disappeared her to Zanni and Sam mugged her, to the mob took her. It's like she says whatever comes into her head THAT day.

Not sure she thought it out at all. She went from Zanni disappeared her to Zanni and Sam mugged her, to the mob took her. It's like she says whatever comes into her head THAT day.

Oh, I agree...I don't believe she thought it out either! She doesn't seem to think a lot of things out, in fact;)

I believe there are people out there who would take Caylee but the odds are high, IMO.. However, it's how Casey acted after the fact. Didn't report her missing child until a month later, AND it wasn't even her who reported it... hum ...:waitasec: something isn't right.. :boohoo:

Plus there was all that post-disappearance partying. Not at ALL normal for the mother of a missing child.

1. because Casey stole from them, and they want revenge
2. for kiddie *advertiser censored*
3. because Casey didn't pay for her last delivery of drugs
4. because the Dad isn't dead, and he wants to save his child from this family
5. because they were really kidnapping Zani, and she just happened to have
Caylee with her at the time

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics