Why not JDI?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder about this too - that's the major problem in this - one or the other did it, and both helped to cover it up - that's the most likely explanation.

"It's too much of a coincidence that so many of her hallmarks exist in a long, phony ransom note and she was in the house."

I don't believe in coincidence.

"I think PR somehow in her twisted mind may have blamed JBR for the abuse."

That's actually fairly common.

"Patsy's fibers would naturally be all over Jonbenet - I'm sure she was hugging/holding Jonbenet a lot that day, not to mention dressing her etc."

Except they weren't all over her. They were in four places specific to the crime.

Patsy's fibers would naturally be all over Jonbenet - I'm sure she was hugging/holding Jonbenet a lot that day, not to mention dressing her etc.
That's been well-debunked. Patsy's fibers weren't on JonBenet's body where fibers would be from hugging or dressing. They were interwined in the rope of the garrote.

K. Taylor said:
That's been well-debunked. Patsy's fibers weren't on JonBenet's body where fibers would be from hugging or dressing. They were interwined in the rope of the garrote.

At least somebody understands that.

I feel that John Ramsey was, at the very least, involved in the staging, if not the actual death of JonBenet. After reading his response to Lou Smit about the basement window (the one in my sig), it's easy to see that-

a. He's lying about the broken window.

or

b. He exhibits a language impairment in the area of syntax in the usage of past tense verbs.

-Tea

and who in the hell doesn't know if a window in their house has been broken for several months? Or if they even broke it themselves. We are talking about the Rocky Mountains in the winter, folks.

tuppence said:
I don't know. There are men who tend to be verbose too. I think it's stereotyping to assume the man was the "smart" one and would be brief and the woman silly/verbose.

I think JDI is the simplest scenario that fits the evidence and the psychology of the crime.

edited to add: It's even possible that as he was trying to disguise himself he subconsciously gravitated toward phrases/writing style that someone close to him had - that he was familiar with.

Just want to be clear - since I started the "JR would have been briefer" argument (at least in this thread) - that my opinion is just a gut reaction based on what little I know of JR and PR. I wasn't assuming one gender is necessarily more concise than the other.

I just read that JonBenet was found to have strands of
garland in her hair which was decorating the spiral staircase.

Would you think this points to her being carried down those
stairs that night, possibly already unconscious?

If so would Patsy be able to carry JB down that staircase or
would that have to be John?

Just something else to think about.

tuppence said:
Simplest solution. John is abusing JB, accidentally kills her, writes the ransom note planning to get rid of the body. He places it where he knows Patsy will find it first. She screws up his plan by insisting on calling the police even though the note says not to. At some point during the morning he realizes there is no way he's ever going to get the body out of there now that the police are involved and decides to "find it".

I know handwriting experts said he didn't write the note but I think that's bunk - look at how many were sure John Karr wrote it.

In this case only one person knows what happened - easiest way to keep a secret. Patsy naturally follows John's advice/lead (and that of his lawyers) on everything to do with the case assuming he knows best
Docg has a great theory on JDI.
He thinks that's what happened, that PR screwed up by ringing the police when the note said not to.
I'm not sure where you can read that theory though....maybe at FFJ.

Edit to add: Actually I think Docg 's theory is over Jameson's, dare I direct anyone there.

The things I like about a JDI (alone) theory

1) I think it neatly explains the opposing staging elements (ransom note and garrote). John planned to get rid of the body so he wrote the ransom note for Patsy assuming it was harsh enough that she would insist on NOT calling the police - instead she was so freaked out she did insist on calling the police. When the police and friends converged John realized he would have to "find" the body. He perhaps stages it to make it look more grotesque then it already was. He must have strangled her but it could have happened differently and he could have added the garrote later to make it look more unusual. He might have done that first - then decided on the ransom approach then gone back.

2) Motive fits the elements: sexually abused child killed by the abuser during a fit of anger- very simple.

3) One person can easily keep a secret. No need to believe that Patsywas shielding an abuser or John was shielding an abusive mother for a decade+. No need to believe a guilty Birke was allowed to go off on his own. Patsy follows John and lawyers on lead on dealing with police. John and Patsy stay together and show no signs of problems (even though many parents divorce) because John is always conscious of treating Patsy well - keeping her on his side/close to him.

John could get around in the house at night, could feed JB pineapple, etc.

"Would you think this points to her being carried down those stairs that night, possibly already unconscious?"

Yeah! And not just me!

"If so would Patsy be able to carry JB down that staircase orwould that have to be John?"

Never gave it much thought.

JDI is simple.

Jolynna said:
I know handwriting experts said he didn't write the note but I think that's bunk - look at how many were sure John Karr wrote it.

ahhhh.............the very stoic john is not to be underestimated. i think he is a brilliant man who is capable of anything. i mean, i can't think of patsy coming up with that garrote. as a woman, i would have never thought of that.

ellen13 said:
ahhhh.............the very stoic john is not to be underestimated. i think he is a brilliant man who is capable of anything. i mean, i can't think of patsy coming up with that garrote. as a woman, i would have never thought of that.
I used to think a garotte was a man's weapon as well...then one year my brother gave me a book called The Encyclopedia of Serial Killers. All the best known names are there, and several I had never heard of - including a woman whose name currently escapes me. She was a 19th century child murderer. She took in kids that needed watching while their parents worked - "farming", she called it. Anyway, she was strangling the children, and when caught, she told police, "You'll know mine by the tape round their necks." So women do think of it.

You also have to account for the fibers from Patsy's jacket being found in the paint tray, on the back of the tape, and tied into the garotte knot. Unless John was wearing Patsy's jacket, it doesn't look like he was the one who did the garotte work.

"He is innocent until proven broke."

LOL!

I can't see him wearing it, NP!

icedtea4me said:
I feel that John Ramsey was, at the very least, involved in the staging, if not the actual death of JonBenet. After reading his response to Lou Smit about the basement window (the one in my sig), it's easy to see that-

a. He's lying about the broken window.

or

b. He exhibits a language impairment in the area of syntax in the usage of past tense verbs.

-Tea

That scenario is the reason there is a mark on the wall under the basement window. It was made by John's dress shoe when he climbed in through the window.

Patsy told LE the last time she had seen JAR's suitcase was in the boiler room.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back