Why This Case Will Soon Go Cold Again...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I couldn't find an appropriate place to post so excuse my randomness -- I'm new'ish to WS but certainly not to this case and have been reading through some of the many threads here. Not sure if I'll ever be able to catch up on the thousands of posts though I'd like to but I'm glad to see so much activity still on the case -somewhere-... especially since it seems not much is going on in LE. I have family and friends all over LI, and my heart breaks for all of the families. It drives me nuts that this sicko has been out there for so long doing what he's been doing, likely enjoying his notoriety, and living the rest of his existence 'normally'.

I guess I posted to this particular thread because the original topic (case going cold) holds some sad truth. Regardless I keep that one day there will be justice for all of these young women and any other lives taken by this predator. In the meantime I have several thousand of everyone's sleuthy posts to bring myself up to speed. !

THE HYPOTHERMIA THEORY:

Best as I can tell is on 5/1/10 (when SG disappeared) it was high tide in the Babylon area at 1224AM. At 726AM the tide was low. SG went missing about 515-530. That would put her 5/7ths of the way down from H to L.

The temperature varied from a mean low of 50 to a mean high in the high 60's.

Welcome lotuspawprint! Just when you think you've read them all...trust me you haven't. I only say this from experience! It's like doing dishes! You always find another glass after all those greasy pans! I am in the habit of thanking every one I've read so I know what I've read and what I haven't. Makes it easier for me. I would be hopelessly lost otherwise. And I'm still lost most of the time ; ) It is well worth the time though. Glad you joined us!

THE HYPOTHERMIA THEORY:

Best as I can tell is on 5/1/10 (when SG disappeared) it was high tide in the Babylon area at 1224AM. At 726AM the tide was low. SG went missing about 515-530. That would put her 5/7ths of the way down from H to L.

The temperature varied from a mean low of 50 to a mean high in the high 60's.

Hawkshaw,
Untrue about the tide thing. The GSB and FI Inlet have a very unique current "system" we will call it. Its called bowling of the current, its an anamoly. It takes about 3 hours for the first bit of water to hit the mainland. Thats 3 hours for the water to go 4.5 miles (assuming we are at Good Sam Hospital). It takes a tremendous amount of gravity to move the water. So the tide was not that low. More like 1/4 the way down. Not being a prick, just trying to be accurate.
Native

I defer to your expertise. I think I said I did the best I could. The closest I could get was Babylon. appreciate the info.

BTW, there was a very interesting case back around 1989. Good ole boys framed another young man for a murder he didn't do. much of the evidence had to do with Tides. Prosecutor put in a lot of BS that was highly questionable, and at the last minute. The lawyer tried his darndest, but lost and the kid has been sitting in prison for about 20 years.

Not wanting to lose a chance to screw another the AG office after being assigned as a special prosecutor in the Tankleff case sent 2 goons to bully this kid into some lies that Tankleff told him he killed his parents. The kid had the cell door partially opened, but he believed honor was worth more than his freedom,or whatever they would have traded him for his lies. Andrew Cuomo must have missed that when he filed his report on the tankleff case. they are all scum.....all of them,

Just so there is no misunderstanding, the tides do not have any affect on the amount of water/water levels in the marsh where SG was found.

Now that a wrongful death suit has been launched by Mari Gilbert against CPH, this case just got a lot warmer

Welcome lotuspawprint! Just when you think you've read them all...trust me you haven't. I only say this from experience! It's like doing dishes! You always find another glass after all those greasy pans! I am in the habit of thanking every one I've read so I know what I've read and what I haven't. Makes it easier for me. I would be hopelessly lost otherwise. And I'm still lost most of the time ; ) It is well worth the time though. Glad you joined us!

Thank you! For both the welcome and the tip on using "thanks" for useful purposes! Doing dishes, you say?? Oh yes, that's something I used to do before the internet and WS :innocent: I'm always going to read "just one more post or link or story or thread" and five hours later, pages of printouts and an Amazon.com order of books on a case, I give myself an extension of "just one more"!

Too bad I can't speed read and auto-highlight through everything on the boards while fully processing all of it. Has there been anything of particular interest to you, a thread or specific issue, discussed here that you would suggest as "recommended reading", for lack of a classier term? Of course referring to the LISK. A couple of things of interest/curiosity to me ... how the MSM has handled this case and how the locals, LE, nat'l media has handled it - evaluating these approaches. On the other hand WS is just unmatched as a community. Throw some resources to this group and there would be some movement. I'm also trying to figure out how the rules for WS apply to this case with no suspects named and what boundaries apply and all that other jazz so I'll go re-read and check w/mods if needed. I have yet to get in trouble and don't want to start now!:jail:

Thank you! For both the welcome and the tip on using "thanks" for useful purposes! Doing dishes, you say?? Oh yes, that's something I used to do before the internet and WS :innocent: I'm always going to read "just one more post or link or story or thread" and five hours later, pages of printouts and an Amazon.com order of books on a case, I give myself an extension of "just one more"!

Too bad I can't speed read and auto-highlight through everything on the boards while fully processing all of it. Has there been anything of particular interest to you, a thread or specific issue, discussed here that you would suggest as "recommended reading", for lack of a classier term? Of course referring to the LISK. A couple of things of interest/curiosity to me ... how the MSM has handled this case and how the locals, LE, nat'l media has handled it - evaluating these approaches. On the other hand WS is just unmatched as a community. Throw some resources to this group and there would be some movement. I'm also trying to figure out how the rules for WS apply to this case with no suspects named and what boundaries apply and all that other jazz so I'll go re-read and check w/mods if needed. I have yet to get in trouble and don't want to start now!:jail:

The most interesting thread for me was "The Last Happy Hour" thread by Truthspider. There's a lot of Newsday articles he paid for and posted. We may never have had that info if not for his generosity sharing with us.

I'm 3/4 through the first page of that thread and my brain is in overdrive. Amazing. It's like an organized endless e-version of my old home office which was stuffed with books and newspapers and notebooks stacked literally over my head. Maybe by the time I'm done reading the s.o.b will get caught. Can pretend, right??

I do that too! There must be a better way.

And then the sad truth is that eventually most of these cases hit a brick wall.

The leads stop rolling in...

There are no longer any known victims that are missing from the area...

Time passes by without any more remains being found...

Nobody ever steps forward to identify the Jane & John Does...

At about the same time that these cases hit those brick walls, the money to investigate them almost completely runs out. New cases (many much easier to solve) take the spotlight and demand the department investigate them. And since most of the residents and their families never actually felt threatened by a "killer of prostitutes", nobody will seem to care much about this case (just as most people stopped caring about the Butcher of Manorville for such a long period of time).
Well I will say you are right about how most common people forgot there ever was that Butcher of Manorville. What I hesitate to agree with you on is if the leads did stop rolling in and whether or not anyone will ever step forward to identify the Jane & John Does.

I mean seriously- how did that child victim & her mother go missing without anyone in her life realizing that she and her mom are gone?

I mean seriously- how did that child victim & her mother go missing without **anyone** in her life realizing that she and her mom are gone?

sad and ridiculous that this could happen this long, to say the least

perhaps: 1)undocumented/illegals
2)are from out of state, not close by?; and their family(assuming they knew or cared they were missing) never produced a dna sample that could be used for eventual matching via CODIS

sad and ridiculous that this could happen this long, to say the least

perhaps: 1)undocumented/illegals
2)are from out of state, not close by?; and their family(assuming they knew or cared they were missing) never produced a dna sample that could be used for eventual matching via CODIS
I subscribe to the illegal immigrant theory. They tend to be fearful of law enforcement hence this mother and her baby were never reported missing, or perhaps it was assumed by those who knew them that they moved elsewhere as illegal immigrants frequently do.

I couldn't find the child or relative listed in namus, unless I just missed them. in fact I didn't see any nassau county listings. I take it they don't participate in the system. We got a sketch of the 96 fire island victim who's skull was found in nassau but no sketch of the child's relative who's bones were found in nassau. maybe their working on them who knows its just strange to me there's so little movement in this case. the public needs a little bit more to work with if they're to help solve this, I mean have a press conference, go over the pertinent dates, locations, anybody acting strange etc. maybe raise the reward money, as it stands with the possibility of the 10 cases being linked, at $25,000 some of which was raised by the victims family IIRC. that's $2500.00 per victim which is ridiculously low.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back