Why was JonBenet's body not removed from the house?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, it isn't clothesline. Clothesline is usually cotton but can be thick, braided nylon and if you look at a clothesline it is round. The garrote cord is thin, flat nylon. Police HAVE bought identical cord. It isn't unknown what type of cord it is. They KNOW what it is and where it was likely bought. There is a receipt from one of the parents' credit cards indicating purchase of two items matching the cord and tape in price and department section from the local hardware store (McGuckin's) from early December, just weeks before the murder.
The "ROPE" found in JAR's room can be seen in a photo of JB, dressed in country clothes, with the rope at her feet. It is a modeling photo- she looks adorable in her pigtails!
This rope had nothing to do with the garrote cord. It may have had nothing to do with the crime. If the rope was found in JAR's room and hemp fibers were found in JB's bed it isn't hard to figure out how the fibers got there. They are on the rug/floor. JB walks on the rug/floor barefoot and climbs into bed. Voila! Hemp fibers in her bed.
We have to make a clear distinction between THAT rope and the garrote CORD. They are not the same thing. The flat, nylon garrote cord was sold in small packages. Neither one would be a clothesline.

DeeDee249,
There is a receipt from one of the parents' credit cards indicating purchase of two items matching the cord and tape in price and department section from the local hardware store (McGuckin's) from early December, just weeks before the murder.
And do we have any examples of the R's using the cord anywhere else in the house?

DeeDee249,

And do we have any examples of the R's using the cord anywhere else in the house?

Not as far as I know. There is a school photo of JB wearing a navy "sailor" top with flat white cord trim. It looks like the cord trim, but can't be verified. Some have pointed out that both the cord and tape may have been used to make a "sling" for Patsy's watercolors and paintings (which are rolled into a tube-shape, taped closed and the cord passed through the hole in the "tube" and tied, making a "sling" to carry the artwork without folding it or wrinkling it when it is unframed. Either way, cord matching the garrote was found selling in the hardware store.

If Ramseys did it they were too smart to risk taking the body a long distance away. It would take too much time, energy, and too much risk of being caught, especially if extremely upset due to an accidental killing

If a pervert stalker did it then there was no need to take the body if the home murder was planned. If it was an accident then it would be risky for him to take and hide a body, same as it would be for the Ramseys.

If a pervert intruder in cahoots with someone connected to the family and familiar with the home might have the same reason to not take the body. The plan could have been to leave the body in the cellar, cover up previous abuse, while hoping to get some quick easy cash with a kidnapping.

For some reason, I'd feel better if they were bought for some legitimate reason rather than planning to do JBR in....but then I don't think anyone is suggesting that....

Question: If you had a time machine, went back to the night of Dec 25th and could peak in the window -- what do you expect to see happening? What's the most likely scenario?

Question: If you had a time machine, went back to the night of Dec 25th and could peak in the window -- what do you expect to see happening? What's the most likely scenario?

horatio, I think we should start a new thread for that!

"What gives me pause is the rope."

I've read somewhere that JB's doll had that type of rope/cord around it and the maker advised buyers to use a piece of duct tape to tape it down in the back if it was in the way or something like that. The Ramseys may have used that piece of rope with the piece of duct tape which would explain why there wasn't any roll found of either. And supposedly another doll like it was ordered after JB died and sent to Access Graphics.

No, it isn't clothesline. Clothesline is usually cotton but can be thick, braided nylon and if you look at a clothesline it is round. The garrote cord is thin, flat nylon. Police HAVE bought identical cord. It isn't unknown what type of cord it is. They KNOW what it is and where it was likely bought. There is a receipt from one of the parents' credit cards indicating purchase of two items matching the cord and tape in price and department section from the local hardware store (McGuckin's) from early December, just weeks before the murder.
The "ROPE" found in JAR's room can be seen in a photo of JB, dressed in country clothes, with the rope at her feet. It is a modeling photo- she looks adorable in her pigtails!
This rope had nothing to do with the garrote cord. It may have had nothing to do with the crime. If the rope was found in JAR's room and hemp fibers were found in JB's bed it isn't hard to figure out how the fibers got there. They are on the rug/floor. JB walks on the rug/floor barefoot and climbs into bed. Voila! Hemp fibers in her bed.
We have to make a clear distinction between THAT rope and the garrote CORD. They are not the same thing. The flat, nylon garrote cord was sold in small packages. Neither one would be a clothesline.

Very helpful, thank you.

In reply to those asking what happened to the remainder of the cord and the duct tape, etc., the answer is simple.

PR walked out of her home on the afternoon of the 26th with all this stuff concealed in her purse/handbag. They were not official suspects so knew they would not be searched.

Some items could have been put into John's golf bag (which is seen standing outside the wine cellar door in the crime scene photo). John specifically asked for one particular golf bag (he had two) when his sister in law went back to the house to collect stuff the following day. Did he really want to play golf straight after his daughter had been found murdered?

In reply to those asking what happened to the remainder of the cord and the duct tape, etc., the answer is simple.

PR walked out of her home on the afternoon of the 26th with all this stuff concealed in her purse/handbag. They were not official suspects so knew they would not be searched.

Some items could have been put into John's golf bag (which is seen standing outside the wine cellar door in the crime scene photo). John specifically asked for one particular golf bag (he had two) when his sister in law went back to the house to collect stuff the following day. Did he really want to play golf straight after his daughter had been found murdered?

Or, there might not have been a remainder to dispose of. I have a theory that Patsy bought the tape and cord to frame a painting she'd made for John for Christmas.

A small section of tape was taken from the painting, and all the cord was used on JonBenet.

Maybe there was a small amount of cord left over after Patsy framed the painting and it wasn't long enough to be useful for anything, so she threw it out, before Christmas.

That is why I think there was far too much cord used to tie up JonBenet's hands. It was using up the left over cord after the strangulation, so they wouldn't have to leave a remnant in the house. Not necessarily a logical thought process but I think a lot of it was off the cuff decisions.

The reason I think these supplies came from the painting are that Patsy's sister was given a list of things to collect from the house before the funeral. One of them was an oil painting! Who thinks of needing a painting at a time like that! Also, in her police interview Patsy said she'd made a painting for John of a golf scene. Meanwhile John told detectives that Patsy had given him a painting of a boat scene made by a Boulder local artist.

There's deceit all over it.

But Pam Paugh was not allowed into the basement so John's golf bag never made it out of the house, AFAIK. Although, based on the BPD's incompetence in general, I would not be surprised to find that one of the police officers might have gone down and fetched it back up for her...

JBR's body was removed from the house....to the garage and placed in one of the couple's cars. They had wrapped her up like a papoose in the white blanket and intended to drop her body off somewhere.

In the end they decided against the idea - they might be seen. Or forensics might discover they had used the car later than 10pm the night before.

The couple had staged the scene to look like a kidnapping. PR had even written the note.

The couple did not think the house would be searched because why would the police search the house? It was a kidnapping - plain and simple. Their child had been 'taken'.

If they just bided their time - once 10am rolled around and there was no sign of a kidnapper calling, then the police would leave their home and they would be on their own.

Then, when everyone had gone, they would bring the body back into the house and "discover it" - the kidnapper returned the dead body of JBR because the parents had called the police when they had been instructed NOT to.

The plan didn't work though, because the police hung around; they showed no sign of leaving.

John could not run the risk of one of the investigators finding JBR's body in his car, so while everyone was quiet he slipped out to the garage, took the body and put it down in the cellar room. (This is why FW saw an empty room earlier that morning). This is the 'missing time' of John's.

John went back upstairs and worried. He had to get the family out of the house ASAP. He was impatient. In the end he went down to the cellar room - straight to it - and 'discovered' his daughter's body.

He knew he had to get the family out of the house ASAP because PR would crack under intense questioning. That is why he phoned his pilot.

JBR's body was removed from the house....to the garage and placed in one of the couple's cars. They had wrapped her up like a papoose in the white blanket and intended to drop her body off somewhere.

In the end they decided against the idea - they might be seen. Or forensics might discover they had used the car later than 10pm the night before.

The couple had staged the scene to look like a kidnapping. PR had even written the note.

The couple did not think the house would be searched because why would the police search the house? It was a kidnapping - plain and simple. Their child had been 'taken'.

If they just bided their time - once 10am rolled around and there was no sign of a kidnapper calling, then the police would leave their home and they would be on their own.

Then, when everyone had gone, they would bring the body back into the house and "discover it" - the kidnapper returned the dead body of JBR because the parents had called the police when they had been instructed NOT to.

The plan didn't work though, because the police hung around; they showed no sign of leaving.

John could not run the risk of one of the investigators finding JBR's body in his car, so while everyone was quiet he slipped out to the garage, took the body and put it down in the cellar room. (This is why FW saw an empty room earlier that morning). This is the 'missing time' of John's.

John went back upstairs and worried. He had to get the family out of the house ASAP. He was impatient. In the end he went down to the cellar room - straight to it - and 'discovered' his daughter's body.

He knew he had to get the family out of the house ASAP because PR would crack under intense questioning. That is why he phoned his pilot.

I don't think that's possible. The only way to the basement from the garage was right through the house. The house was full of people. Unless you think he dropped her through the basement window in the suitcase, but then the suitcase was already there at 6am.

I don't think that's possible. The only way to the basement from the garage was right through the house. The house was full of people. Unless you think he dropped her through the basement window in the suitcase, but then the suitcase was already there at 6am.

Ummm yes, that is a sticking point.

I haven't finished perfecting my theory yet. :thinking:

Yes very interesting question. Also a very strange story indeed. The poor girl laid there for couple of hours as the parents went on with other things. I always say, and will stick by it. She was in her mothers bed, yanked from there and her head got bashed. They had to put up a show. John Ramsey was just to calm about it. Probably kept that against Patsy till she died. I have nevvvvvver trusted him. Also I heard that his older daughter was on her way to confront the child abuse coz she has been there. Did she not die mysteriously in car accident? Here again - parents:jail:

mmmmmm:thinking: yeah, there was 2 golf bags, and truly it could have had all the rest of the evidence. When would he have liked to go and gholf? He should be heartbroken:facepalm:

WITH THIS I AGREE! he is guilty as hell and my the man someday say something useful. It is also known that Jobenet did not want to do the pageant shows anymore. That enraged Patsy she was living in a dream

Yes very interesting question. Also a very strange story indeed. The poor girl laid there for couple of hours as the parents went on with other things. I always say, and will stick by it. She was in her mothers bed, yanked from there and her head got bashed. They had to put up a show. John Ramsey was just to calm about it. Probably kept that against Patsy till she died. I have nevvvvvver trusted him. Also I heard that his older daughter was on her way to confront the child abuse coz she has been there. Did she not die mysteriously in car accident? Here again - parents:jail:

Where did you learn that she was in her mother's bed? Or is this just a theory? TIA

There's something about JR that has always seemed creepy to me, as in dirty old man creepy. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back