• She harmed Gabe

Votes: 42 40.4%
  • As part of her defense - not wanting to incriminate herself

Votes: 20 19.2%
  • Other - please post what you think the reason is

Votes: 12 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know - but the Jaycees and Shawn Hornbecks and the baby in Florida under the bed are an extremely small minority. I try to hold out hope, but as time goes on, it gets slimmer.

Very true....out of how many thousands and thousands of cases...

the truth of all these sad cases is that the simple solution is generally the correct one

the more that time goes by the less likely we are to see a happy ending here

I think she is not talking because she is evil and selfish and she killed Gabe..there is no benefit to her to admit that and she is somehow hoping to "tough" it out, hoping his little body won't be found

I don't think that is a accurate poll cause it does not state the most obvious and simplest reason...she is not talking because she is guilty of murder...I voted other and this is my "other"

Great poll for sure. Why EJ is not talking ??? Well, I'm not giving up on the hope he is still amongst us. I do think she is TALKING to someone !

I think she isn't talking because she doesn't have to. It is the one area of her life she has control over at this time. I think she hates Logan so much at this point that she would rather sit in jail then let him have Gabriel. I also remember what her grandfather said, that she was very secretive and that if she didn't want you to know something she would never tell. He probably knows her better then most and he knows what she is talking about. I have to admit that the more time goes by the worse it looks for baby Gabriel. I just don't know how she could have covered her tracks so well with all the people looking for him. I hate to think she could get away with murder but it is possible. If he is alive then she needs to have motivation to talk. Apparently getting out of jail isn't motivation enough. Maybe the only thing that would be is saving her life. Also, she claims that her attorney advised her not to say where Gabriel is. That doesn't look to be true from what we heard at the hearing, that she wanted to fire her attorney because they wanted her to cooperate with LE. I have to believe that they have told her that she has a better chance of getting out of jail if she talks and that isn't doing it.

Great poll for sure. Why EJ is not talking ??? Well, I'm not giving up on the hope he is still amongst us. I do think she is TALKING to someone !

Who? The only person she'll speak to is her brother, and he's cooperating with LE.

ETA: Reference for that info is Gabe's FB. Kelli said EJ's grandfather and brother are cooperating. I'm assuming because of that, that if EJ had given any info to her brother, he'd have turned over the info, and Gabe would be home.

Gabe's FB link: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=share&gid=251236072296

With this case, I feel like hitting a brick wall :banghead:

I also think another reason why she is not talking is that she is hoping that people will forget about little Gabriel and quit searching for him.

She's probably thinking without a body they can't charge me with murder.

all we are missing is that one little puzzle piece and the person who holds that puzzle piece is NOT talking. :furious:

at this point, I'd be shocked if they found him alive and well, but I don't want to get my hopes up. as more time goes by ...... :(

With this case, I feel like hitting a brick wall :banghead:

I also think another reason why she is not talking is that she is hoping that people will forget about little Gabriel and quit searching for him.

She's probably thinking without a body they can't charge me with murder.

all we are missing is that one little puzzle piece and the person who holds that puzzle piece is NOT talking. :furious:

Well after AZlawyer posted in the Legal questions thread today that if she hadn't said she killed Gabe that she'd only have gotten 4-5 years, and figuring with no criminal record and good behavior she'd be out sooner, I really wonder if she had this all planned out and was willing to sit with her mouth shut for a few years in prison.

She had been saying how she wanted to go to school, and I'm very much afraid she may be planning on doing just that in prison. She can sit tight, have no responsibility (housing, food, etc), plus go to school like she wanted to. She's facing more time than she expected to, but I'm afraid there's more of what she wants in prison than out.

She'd still be a young woman when she gets out, and she could be a young woman with an education, and spend the rest of her days pursuing a life she wants.

Prison is all too appealing for certain personality types.

I take great satisfaction in knowing other inmates in Elizabeth's unit are probably very loud and there probably isn't a moments peace and quiet for her...she could have held Gabriel, soothed him and quieted him had she chosen to do so...but she can't do a thing in the world to shut the other inmates up. I hope her entire cell block raises pure h3ll 24-7. I really wish they would all cry like babies for a week straight...lol...that might make her talk.

I think she's not talking because she is seriously mentally ill. I believe her mind cannot focus on one thought long enough to follow it through to logical conclusions. She is all about herself and just does not have the capacity to think outside herself. I also believe a part of her mental illness is extreme oppositional defiance. She won't talk because people want her to talk. If she were told "you are not in any way allowed to say a word about what you did with Gabriel", I think she'd be defiantly screaming from the rooftops everything she knew, along with some fancy defiant dramatics to entertain us.

My bipolar and borderline daughter-in-law was finally hospitalized today by her doctors and has been a danger to her 5 month old baby since she was born. Her doctors declared her incompetent to be alone with her own baby. The last five months have been a living nightmare for my son and I have feared Logan's fate for him many times. Having a baby (which she wanted and planned) seemed to push her over the edge and she has not been sane since. I see alot of her in EJ's personality; not a fate I would wish on any child.

This whole relationship has been a tradegy. Elizabeth faced an unpleasant childhood & learned to harbour oppositional & hateful feelings in her foster home placings. She has been unable to reap the benefits of a loving partner, Logan, cannot accept his caring & positive feelings for her & Gabriel. As her mental psychosis spirals out of control she sees her enemy as Logan so she destroys the apt. , Logan clothes, & mistreats Gabriel. She's convinced it was right to harm Gabriel & to take away Logan's rights as a father. Her feelings of success or happiness are based on hurting or depriving those who have wronged her. Gabriel will not be found ,dead or alive! She is NOT talking!

Well after AZlawyer posted in the Legal questions thread today that if she hadn't said she killed Gabe that she'd only have gotten 4-5 years, and figuring with no criminal record and good behavior she'd be out sooner, I really wonder if she had this all planned out and was willing to sit with her mouth shut for a few years in prison.

She had been saying how she wanted to go to school, and I'm very much afraid she may be planning on doing just that in prison. She can sit tight, have no responsibility (housing, food, etc), plus go to school like she wanted to. She's facing more time than she expected to, but I'm afraid there's more of what she wants in prison than out.

She'd still be a young woman when she gets out, and she could be a young woman with an education, and spend the rest of her days pursuing a life she wants.

EJ obviously isn't very smart to say she killed her baby, what could LE do with that statement?

WHAT!!????? 5 Years? where did HLN get 20 years in prison I wonder?

so she'll be 28-29 when she gets out then.

Sorry, I didn't make that very clear. AZlawyer said if Elizabeth hadn't done the other things like saying she had killed Gabe and conspiracy with Tammi, she would have only gotten 4-5 years. So that led me to think that's all EJ thought at the time in December she would get if she was caught.

With everything else she's done, she's now actually looking at more than 20 years. So she'll be just in her 40s when she gets out. I'm old, so 40s is young to me :)

IMO, she's not talking because she's mean and self-absorbed. I think it is as simple as that.

It's too bad, because I believe Gabriel is alive, but I think the window for finding him is just about closed.

This is OT, but I have to vent. *Why* do supposedly sane, normal people make babies with people like this?

Sorry, I didn't make that very clear. AZlawyer said if Elizabeth hadn't done the other things like saying she had killed Gabe and conspiracy with Tammi, she would have only gotten 4-5 years. So that led me to think that's all EJ thought at the time in December she would get if she was caught.

With everything else she's done, she's now actually looking at more than 20 years. So she'll be just in her 40s when she gets out. I'm old, so 40s is young to me :)

IIRC, didn't EJ's grandpa say when he first spoke to her, she told him her attys said she's be looking at 20 yrs anyway, so what was the point in talking?

A little O/T. You really think she enjoys being in prison? I thought that was a possibility until I saw her in court last week. She looked desperate, stressed beyond belief to me and in the letter she wrote about her attys, one of the complaints was that they wouldn't tell the judge to reconsider letting her out. She's so stubborn and full of hate that I think she may never talk but I do think prison is starting to drive her even more nuts and she wants out. I just pray that she breaks or HG is found and talks. I don't think EJ is the only one that knows what happened, HG was there all week.

A little O/T. You really think she enjoys being in prison? I thought that was a possibility until I saw her in court last week. She looked desperate, stressed beyond belief to me and in the letter she wrote about her attys, one of the complaints was that they wouldn't tell the judge to reconsider letting her out. She's so stubborn and full of hate that I think she may never talk but I do think prison is starting to drive her even more nuts and she wants out. I just pray that she breaks or HG is found and talks. I don't think EJ is the only one that knows what happened, HG was there all week.

Maybe prison appealed to her hypothetically but doesn't agree with her in real life.

Sorry - got my threads mixed up! :) She isn't talking because she doesn't want to. She did what she wanted to do - so she did nothing wrong in her mind.
1) got rid of Gabe
2) hurt LM
3) is (was) in control of the situation.

I don't think she killed him, there are too many people in the story - HG and the couple that wouldn't need to be if she were planning to harm him. I think she definitely gave him away. I just hope she talks and soon. I would still like to know what she and Gabe were doing on the 26 when housekeeping saw them.

(what access does she have to outside media? Too bad they can't lie and either say the found a body or they have him back and see what happens... JMO...)

I think she's not talking because she is seriously mentally ill. I believe her mind cannot focus on one thought long enough to follow it through to logical conclusions. She is all about herself and just does not have the capacity to think outside herself. I also believe a part of her mental illness is extreme oppositional defiance. She won't talk because people want her to talk. If she were told "you are not in any way allowed to say a word about what you did with Gabriel", I think she'd be defiantly screaming from the rooftops everything she knew, along with some fancy defiant dramatics to entertain us.

My bipolar and borderline daughter-in-law was finally hospitalized today by her doctors and has been a danger to her 5 month old baby since she was born. Her doctors declared her incompetent to be alone with her own baby. The last five months have been a living nightmare for my son and I have feared Logan's fate for him many times. Having a baby (which she wanted and planned) seemed to push her over the edge and she has not been sane since. I see alot of her in EJ's personality; not a fate I would wish on any child.

One..Well God Bless you and your family.....I guess, thank goodness your D-I-L was hospitalized by her doctors....At least she has been followed by a medical professionals....where did EJ elude the system if you will...you're in my thoughts for sure....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alblake
Back