GUILTY WI - 12-Year-Old Girls Stab Friend 19 Times for Slenderman, Waukesha, 31 May 2014 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is more than just 'we hear about it more.'

How often did a kid slaughter 20 2nd graders or 13 kids in the lunchroom or spray a movie theatre with an automatic weapon? Now that is commonplace behavior.

I will agree with you on the school murders. They have been happening since Columbine and have increased IMO.

BUT... children killing children has been happening for a very long time.

I remember reading a book in college called Kids who Kill. Wiki James Bulger, sad story. The Heavenly movie also... I don't think we hear too much about these kinds of people. I think that true psychopaths and sociopaths are few and far between, thank goodness. Every now and then, though one pops up or two find each other.

One of these girls is without a doubt a psychopath in my book and should be put away for a long time.

I will agree with you on the school murders. They have been happening since Columbine and have increased IMO.

I remember reading a book in college called Kids who Kill. Wiki James Bulger, sad story. The Heavenly movie also... I don't think we hear too much about these kinds of people. I think that true psychopaths and sociopaths are few and far between, thank goodness. Every now and then, though one pops up or two find each other.

Did u know that Juliet Hulme, one of the girls who murdered in heavenly creatures (which is based on real everts). grew up and changed her name to Anne perry? She is a well know mystery writer now.

I read differently. Ann Rule's book Stranger Beside Me and other various reports. In other interviews, assessments it was implied he was sexually abused but I doubt Ted would freely admit it if it was true.

OK, I did not read hers.
I read "Deliberate Stranger" by Richard Larsen (mind you this was back in the 80's and I was a teen....so my memory might not be so great!). He did reference her and gave her perspective about Ted though, IIRC.
I did read a lot of other "compilation" books where he had a section also. It sounds creepy to say but he was the first true crime killer that got me interested in this kind of stuff.

Who was supposed to have abused him?
TIA!

Here is what I base my views upon. I worked in the public school system for two long stretches. One stretch was in the late 70's and early 80's, so pre-internet. Then I went back to work when my kids got older and it was in the late 90's and early 2000's/

I worked in the principals office and attendance office. I had privy to what kids were being disciplined for and what was going on.

In my experience, there was a HUGE and EXTREME spike in kid's lack of respect, lack of innocence, lack of basic morality and good judgement, surge of crude language and sudden onset of sexting, homemade *advertiser censored* etc. And in my opinion, it seemed tied to the onset of internet usage by young kids, for hours and hours. That has been my personal experience. It is very hard to 'shock' kids anymore. Mine included. lol

Good grief, Daily Wail doing it's best to ratchet up the hysteria. Apparently "gothic" themes and rock music and skull pictures are a reason to be frightened. I'm just glad they never saw my older brothers iron maiden skull themed posters back in the early 80s, any of my high school goth friends (before it was even called goth lol)... So far we have never killed anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SABBM

HeeheeHee :floorlaugh:
One has to take everything DM says with a grain of salt.......

I don't know what kind of childhood these girls have had up till now, but it's my opinion,(right or wrong) that they should be behind bars for some years. Not even sure if they will be fine to release into society at 18.
I don't like posting that.

Stabbed NINETEEN TIMES. That took a while. If you demonstrated that on a cloth dummy, how long would it take ??
That victim will surely be scarred, not only physically, but emotionally -- for years, if not for the rest of her life.
:moo:

I hope the child who was betrayed by 'friends' and somehow survived their attempt to murder her can survive beyond the physical pain and literal scars, the mind-blowing level of psychological trauma that comes with "Yeah when I was twelve, me and the gals went skating, had a sleepover, then they stabbed me 19 times and left me in the woods to die."

As for the two responsible: Are they 'salvageable'? Can they be rehabilitated to behave in society as civilized humans?
I don't know. Are either mentally impaired in a way that they realistically considered having a sleepover, then stabbing a friend repeatedly and leaving her to die is a fine way to spend an afternoon? Or is it that they thought about it, knew it was wrong, and went ahead anyway?

OK, I did not read hers.
I read "Deliberate Stranger" by Richard Larsen (mind you this was back in the 80's and I was a teen....so my memory might not be so great!). He did reference her and gave her perspective about Ted though, IIRC.
I did read a lot of other "compilation" books where he had a section also. It sounds creepy to say but he was the first true crime killer that got me interested in this kind of stuff.

TIA!

I am reading A Stranger Beside Me now and getting towards the end. I do not recall any physical or sexual abuse either, if it was implied it was very subtly implied.

I must live under a rock... boogey man is the only one i have heard of from that list.

Maybe just not into old folklore or tales or a horror movie buff.
Also The Preacher in Poltergeist II, Pinhead in Hellraiser, and the TallMan in Phantasm.
Jungian archetypes

OK, I did not read hers.

TIA!

Step father, grandfather. Who knows if it's true, according to Ted the grandfather might have been his own father. In his twisted mind, or it maybe true.

There was a segment about this case on Inside Edition today (with video).

Slender Man Stabbing: Two 12 Year Olds Accused of Stabbing Friend To Please Mythical Entity

Airdate: 06/03/2014

A creation known as Slender Man is obsessing young people on the internet. But did this mythic monster lead to tragedy?

A sleepy suburb of Milwaukee is reeling after the horrific details of the stabbing of a 12-year-old girl were revealed in court.

The accused culprits are two other 12-year-olds, identified as Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier. Police say they spent months plotting to kill their friend as a sacrifice to Slender Man...

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...-of-stabbing-friend-to-please-mythical-entity

teen angst?! This is way beyond teen angst. Teen angst listen to metal or rock music and write bad poetry in sad journals or run with a drinking, smoking, partying crowd.
The two are delusional, mentally ill or psychopaths.

Not really. It is exactly what it is. Teen angst gone amuck because there was not guidance. No one really watching these kids. Watching what they were into and what they were doing online.

They are 12. I don't see this as mental illness, but undeveloped empathy and sympathy for humans because they were engrossed online and in that weird nonsense without checks.

At that age, everything is so big to them so overwhelming. It is up to the parents to know what is going on and monitor it.

These are kids without boundaries and rules.

Not really. It is exactly what it is. Teen angst gone amuck because there was not guidance. No one really watching these kids. Watching what they were into and what they were doing online.

They are 12. I don't see this as mental illness, but undeveloped empathy and sympathy for humans because they were engrossed online and in that weird nonsense without checks.

At that age, everything is so big to them so overwhelming. It is up to the parents to know what is going on and monitor it.

These are kids without boundaries and rules.

I am around 12 year olds everyday and there's no way a normal pre-teen would stab anyone because they are left alone on the computer to read an Urban legend.
At 12 I rebelled by listening to punk music, no one I knew ever thought or spoke of stabbing anyone ever.
There's way more to this than teen angst. Complete lack of morals, sanity or budding psychopaths. To think an urban myth is real is delusional.

BBM

That is my point about the internet though. There is now a 'meeting place' for maladaptive freaks to go and anonymously discuss their secret urges for whatever fetish or violent impulse they choose. It brings them together, to muse, and commiserate and obsess, even escalate their fantasies perhaps.

Did you read some of the garbage on some of the Santa Barbara killer's fave websites? They PRAISED HIM for killing those botches, and wished he had gotten to more before he died. He was a hero to them.

I am around 12 year olds everyday and there's no way a normal pre-teen would stab anyone because they are left alone on the computer to read an Urban legend.
At 12 I rebelled by listening to punk music, no one I knew ever thought or spoke of stabbing anyone ever.
There's way more to this than teen angst. Complete lack of morals, sanity or budding psychopaths. To think an urban myth is real is delusional.

I am not talking about a preteen reading an urban legend. I am talking about preteens, left alone all day to sit with friends and watch free *advertiser censored*, and free slasher videos and listen to GoreMetal, about killing girls and dismembering them, and then playing GTA4 while smoking some hi potency legal weed.

If they were absorbed in this culture without supervision they would.

That is the point. Normal preteens that are being monitored and watched, no.. But these two had a whole fantasy life no one knew about. It is why kids should not have the internet at their fingertips. ESPECIALLY at 12-15

When I worked at the middle school, kids would get their iphones taken,by a teacher, and u would not believe some of the stuff that was visible. Heavy duty stuff, quite often. And the principal would make the kids open them up and he'd find very violent sexual images stored 'as a joke' they'd say...or truly vile pictures, photoshopped with another kids face.

I am not talking about a preteen reading an urban legend. I am talking about preteens, left alone all day to sit with friends and watch free *advertiser censored*, and free slasher videos and listen to GoreMetal, about killing girls and dismembering them, and then playing GTA4 while smoking some hi potency legal weed.

Whoa... don't know a lot of pre teens that are left alone all day doing this stuff... I think this is a huge stretch for most of the population.

As a total aside. I asked my kids about slenderman. They know about him as a game. Opening up a whole new line of communication in my house tonight.

I let my kids use the net. Probably way too much. But I was very hands on and present and they were both very busy with other goals. But I cannot begin to tell you how many kids over the yrs I saw, that literally sat for hours, and played hardcore games, and listened to horror gore metal, which involves serial killing imagery and mixes violence with sexual imagery.

Whoa... don't know a lot of pre teens that are left alone all day doing this stuff... I think this is a huge stretch for most of the population.

As a total aside. I asked my kids about slenderman. They know about him as a game. Opening up a whole new line of communication in my house tonight.

Like I explained, I worked in a middle school, in a suburb of Los Angeles. Middle class to upper middle. So Mom and/or Dad were off at work. Kids had a beautiful place to sit and play on the xboxes and macbooks and iphones, to their hearts content. School is out at 2 or 3, parents home by 7 or 8 or 9....HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. The live in housekeepers are bossed around by the kids. They do not serve as net nannies. But they usually take the bus home by 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member