GUILTY WI - 12-Year-Old Girls Stab Friend 19 Times for Slenderman, Waukesha, 31 May 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This defense expert, who also was court-appointed in 2016 to evaluate the defendant, seems to be all over the place. I think he makes some really good points for the defense and the 'not guilty by mental disease or defect.' Then at other times, he really makes points that might cause a jury to think otherwise.

Defendants lie all the time... even 12 year olds!

Does anyone know if the trial recordings are saved anywhere on Youtube? I just did a google search on there and couldn't find anything.

I found them yesterday under

Anissa Weier Trial

From there is has Day 1 Part 1 and goes from there....more parts and then
Day 2 Part 1, etc. Also opening statements and father testimony.

Sorry on iPad, I cannot link right now.

LadyJustice2188 has them all uploaded on YouTube.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

It appears that the entire defendant's case, is to make the jury believe that this defendant is simply too young to ever be convicted of this violent crime, due to her age. Yet, that is not what the law in that State indicates. Clearly, even at age 12, from the testimony, this defendant knew what she was doing was wrong, but did it anyway. And, given the testimony, she was the one who told Morgan to go ahead and stab the victim. I'm not believing that Anissa Weier was "only" a secondary as two of the doctors want the jury to believe.

The defense has rested. The State put on no witnesses and has also rested. Closings, and instructions to the jury today, and then the jury will get the case. I'm hoping for a verdict later today.

defense attorney in her closing: "there are things that are illegal, that are not wrong"

Huh? Really?!!! An attack with a deadly knife, surely is both illegal and wrong!

Closings are finished. In just a bit, after the alternates are chosen, the jury will begin their deliberations.

Jury already has questions....

they want to see the entire video of this defendant's police interview. Judge indicates that the video will be played in the courtroom, after the jury finishes their lunch today.

Looks like I'm going to get my wish to see/hear the entire police interview with Anissa Weier. The court is about to play it for the jury, in the courtroom.

The defendant has asked to not be present during the playing of her 3-hour interview.

Me, too -- I wasn't able to see it all the other day.

The early-onset schizophrenia diagnosed in Morgan Geyser, one of the 13-year-old Waukesha girls charged in the stabbing of a classmate last year, may have a genetic basis.
At a hearing Wednesday on her attorney's request to have the case moved to juvenile court, an expert witness revealed that Geyser's father had suffered from a similar mental illness as an adolescent and was hospitalized at least four times when he was 14 or 15.
Matthew Geyser later went on disability because of his schizophrenia, said Deborah Collins, a forensic psychologist, who said she interviewed him and reviewed his medical records as part of her work for the defense.
"There is a genetic component in psychiatric disorders," Collins said. "If a parent has a history, there can be a higher rate of incidence among offspring."
http://archive.jsonline.com/news/cr...se-to-begin-today-b99520903z1-307851871.html/

What do we think the jury will do? She was a bit emotional, but she seemed to be willing to tell what happened. She said she told her friend that she (Anissa) was "too squeamish" to stab their friend Bella. She also seemed to have a good recall for what happened, giving details and not getting too emotional. After they left the scene and started walking, her friend said they shouldn't ask questions about directions because the person might tell police. Her friend as much as admitted they had committed a bad crime, IMO, when she decided not to ask directions of anyone -- evidence of guilt & knowing they had committed a bad crime.

Anissa seemed intelligent -- her vocabulary was certainly on a 6th-grade level. Her recounting was organized and straightforward, IMO. She was quite young & innocent (until the crime, that is), and she is/was quite young. Her feelings for her friend apparently outweighed her feelings for Bella.

I see an otherwise fairly typical 12 year-old telling a LEO a pretty horrible story without getting overly emotional. I did not detect any shame or remorse, but I haven't seen the whole interview. I am no expert, but I don't see any mental disease of defect in her. (I am not a lawyer nor a doctor). IMO, she should be incarcerated for 10 -- 15 years with on-going therapy and be given middle & HS classes so that she can rejoin the outside with a skill and become a positive member of society -- to be able to support herself and be a law-abiding citizen.

[video=twitter;908857617723801600]https://twitter.com/WildAboutTrial/status/908857617723801600[/video]

@WildAboutTrial: VERDICT REACHED in the #AnissaWeier trial. Should have it live when it happens here: https://t.co/QTDzicOwBE #Slenderman

Ashley Sears‏Verified account @AshleySears6 42m42 minutes ago

Judge says there are dissenting jurors. Jury is asked to leave the courtroom as issue is discussed with attorneys. @fox6now #slendermantrial

Ashley Sears‏Verified account @AshleySears6 41m41 minutes ago

There are two dissenting jurors on each of the two questions. The dissenting jurors are different for each of the two questions.

Ashley Sears‏Verified account @AshleySears6 41m41 minutes ago

Judge wants parties to be aware of what he says are potential challenges. #slendermantrial

Ashley Sears‏Verified account @AshleySears6 20m20 minutes ago
Snip20170915_100.png

These are the two questions the jury was asked to answer.

Ashley Sears‏Verified account @AshleySears6 13m13 minutes ago

Prosecutor says he does not believe this can be a valid verdict. Can't answer question 1 no and question 2 yes. #slendermantrial @fox6now

Ashley Sears‏Verified account @AshleySears6 12m12 minutes ago

Defense argues the verdict should be valid. #slendermantrial @fox6now

Ashley Sears‏Verified account @AshleySears6 10m10 minutes ago

Anissa Weier is visibly nervous. Her body is shaking as the the judge speaks to the lawyers. #slendermantrial @fox6now

Judge says verdict inconsistent. The cure he says cure may be to ask jury to go back and continue to deliberate. #slendermantrial @fox6now

Defense opposed to jury going back to deliberate. #slendermantrial @fox6now

Ashley Sears‏Verified account @AshleySears6 3m3 minutes ago

Judge rejects verdict. Jury will be sent back to deliberate. #slendermantrial @fox6now

Here is juror questionnaire. 10 agreed 2 did not for each question. 1 dissenter was same juror on each question. 1 dissenter was different juror for each question.

Defense argued that 2nd ? didn't require same # jurors. Judge interprets 5/6ths must agree but must be same 5/6ths was hoping for some concurrence but no, so Allen charge.

[video=twitter;908873342987337728]https://twitter.com/CCLawNewz/status/908873342987337728[/video]

10 yeses were needed on Q1, in order to advance to Q2. They had 10 yeses, 2 nos.

10 yeses were then needed on Q2. Since the 2 nos on Q1 should've been automatic nos on Q2, the 10 yeses on Q1 all had to be yeses on Q2, to find the defendant not guilty because of mental defect.

One of the yeses on Q1 dissented on Q2. This should have made it 3 no votes on Q2. The reason there were not 3 nos is that one of the nos on Q1 voted yes on Q2, thus the inconsistency. If that juror switches to no, as he/she should, then there will be 3 nos on Q2.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. Did the juror who voted no on Q1 but yes on Q2 make a simple mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur