GUILTY WI - Alexander Woodworth, 24, stabbed 16 times by Ezra McCandless, Eau Claire, Mar 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I feel more sorry for the adoptive grandmother. She was the only one who was crying. And the mother and father, just walked out and didn't even look at Ezra, but the grandmother stayed till they led her out. That grandmother's been through so much too, before and during all of this.

I missed the beginning of the trial. Did they talk about her grandmother then?

I doubted their ability to win pretty much the entire trial until the close today but the state got it done. The prosecutor I was critical of during the cross was stellar today, was definitely not expecting that. Kudos to the state and I hope that Alex’s family gain some sort of closure with the verdict. Can’t replace what they lost but I’m sure this helps.

This is pretty much my sentiments exactly. The state had a plan and executed it flawlessly. It didn't make much sense while it was going on, but it all came together in the close - which is where it counts. Great job and I hope they family can take some measure of comfort in the verdict. Alex's reputation stands and that's important.

This is pretty much my sentiments exactly. The state had a plan and executed it flawlessly. It didn't make much sense while it was going on, but it all came together in the close - which is where it counts. Great job and I hope they family can take some measure of comfort in the verdict. Alex's reputation stands and that's important.

Agree. I think the trial would have been a week shorter if we hadn't had to listen to so much of Alex's journals, though. The jury clearly didn't care about it at all.

The judge said the sentence is mandatory but parole can be discussed. Does anyone know what the mandatory sentence is?

Intentional homicide is considered a Class A felony in Wisconsin. If you are convicted under the charge of first-degree intentional homicide, then you will receive a mandatory sentence of life imprisonment. However, there is a chance to mitigate you charge and reduce your sentence if you can provide a good defense.

I missed the beginning of the trial. Did they talk about her grandmother then?

I missed some of the beginning, too. Suddenly I had Court TV again on my line up! It was wonderful to be able to watch this trial. Hope they show parts of it over all weekend so I can catch what I missed. Thank You Jury!

I really do not think Ezra can be rehabilitated, and being imprisoned at such a young age will not do anything good for her mental health, coping skills, and sense of morality moving forward. I hope the judge considers all of this when he is deciding whether or when she should get parole. There is no hope for her being a productive member of society, ever. She is a broken and deranged human.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back