GUILTY WI - Alexander Woodworth, 24, stabbed 16 times by Ezra McCandless, Eau Claire, Mar 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

It has been going on for quite some time even while she should have been in jail. IMO it is her lawyer or it is Jason as I don't see her family doing that for her. What it does show us is tragic waste of talent and her latest post has a point - media coverage of a trial should be fair and publicly available - no one network should be able to get exclusive rights or charge for footage once it has been broadcast.

Watching now. I didn't realize (or remember) that she made a display of wearing a green sweater the day Jason testified. She's a psycho!

She even rolled up the sleeves of her silly pink blazer so a few extra inches of that green sweater would be visible to Jason.

What was interesting (sorry, less than zero sympathy for her here) was watching her initial giddiness at seeing Jason slowly transform into disbelief at his repeated, gratuitous attacks on her credibility and character.

He's a complete piece of work, imo. Not just a never grew up, ever the adolescent specimen, but something darker. Age 33, sleeping with a 19 year old, and not just "befriending" her stepdad, but narc-ing on her to him, under the guise of "sharing his concerns" about Ezra to her stepfather. Who does that?

Who doesn't offer an opinion one way or another about her having an abortion, says it's his belief that it's entirely a woman's choice, then cuts off all intimacy afterwards, sleeps downstairs on a couch, even when she asks him to return, and then leaves altogether with a guy pal for a week or more of guy bonding & support?

What kind of guy who professes to simply want to protect and support her would take pics of crude things written about her on a bathroom wall & text them to her? Much less seemingly suggest a specific someone--Alex-- as culprit?

And, what kind of person would find it appropriate to report that his girlfriend had been raped? If he really believed John had raped her, what made him think he had the right to report it, rather than supporting Ezra in doing so?

And if he didn't believe her, but reported it anyway, that's REALLY sc'rewed up.

I agree with those here who think he played a larger role than we know that day. Not active involvement in Alex's murder, but definitely in setting up psychological traps the day/night before for Ezra, and very possibly for Alex and John as well.

I think so too. It makes more sense to me that she was enraged with Alex for having spoken the truth that her sexual relations with Josh's (the older boyfriend who went off for some military training) friend John were consensual thereby further damaging that idealized romantic relationship (she would have liked for John to have been punished to vindicate herself from her own bad behavior)which was supposedly important to her (but not important enough that she didn't have sex with two others, one of whom was his close friend) Maybe she thought that she could make it look like Alex attacked her too so that would "prove" that John did as well and make everything fine with Josh.

I agree. On both points. The State's proffered motive was by far the weakest element of their case (yah, they didn't have to provide one, etc).

Ezra didn't bring a knife to convince Alex to repent of having had sex with her. How exactly would such a theoretical repentance have changed anything at all for Ezra or her attempt to reclaim Jason?

Ezra said herself, in both her back to back interviews with LE in March, that she had spoken to Alex about "what would come up" in LE's investigation of her rape charges against John, and that Alex had been upset by this conversation.

I'm not sure how much more straightforward it gets than that. Alex would have had no reason to be upset by the conversation unless Ezra had either (or both):

1. Accused him of destroying her life/relationship with Jason because of what he'd told LE.

2. Demanded that he go back to LE to tell them he'd lied, she'd never said she willingly had sex with John.

And on your second point, about staging an attack by Alex to make her allegations against John seem more credible (yah, twisted, but so is she).

I think it's possible she originally brought the knife intending to stage that attack--as a plan B, or even as part of her plan A about the John rape charges, and the "BOY" carving was central to her plan.

She'd go off on a drive with him- in plain sight, with witnesses watching them go (says she went into Alex's house because she believed his roommate was home). And he would attack her on the drive, or perhaps she had originally planned on going to a park to have been in plain sight there too for awhile, committing the hate crime of carving BOY on her.

How credible to LE is someone who would commit a hate crime like that? How could Jason not believe her after Alex attacked her too? And it surely could also serve to turn their coffee house friends against him, and make her the sympathetic victim, not the freeloading, lying cheater kind of peep others write crude things about on the bathroom wall.

(I think the reason she inexplicably and stupidly carved BOY on herself after killing him was because that, not killing him, had been her original plan, and ultimately she really wasn't bright enough to come up with a remotely plausible story--ever-- after he wouldn't bend to her will & she lost it).

I know everyone involved in this, and Alex was my friend. I don't have pictures with him or some definitive proof of that so I won't be able to be a verified insider or anything. I ran in the same circles as these people for 2 years. I haven't read through this thread because I feel like the speculation might make me upset. All I have to say is this:
Alex was an incredibly kind person. He loved reading and learning SO much. He wanted to be a professor. If you walked into a certain coffee shop in EC, chances are he would be there with his cup of coffee and a great big book open, and if you said hi he'd look up and smile big at you. He was a sweetheart. I miss him.
Kelsie, I'm so sorry for your lost. It's obvious that Alex was a very special person--brilliant and kind. Would you mind sharing your impressions of Ezra and how the community saw her during this time? Also, how was Jason perceived? Thank you.

She even rolled up the sleeves of her silly pink blazer so a few extra inches of that green sweater would be visible to Jason.

What was interesting (sorry, less than zero sympathy for her here) was watching her initial giddiness at seeing Jason slowly transform into disbelief at his repeated, gratuitous attacks on her credibility and character.

He's a complete piece of work, imo. Not just a never grew up, ever the adolescent specimen, but something darker. Age 33, sleeping with a 19 year old, and not just "befriending" her stepdad, but narc-ing on her to him, under the guise of "sharing his concerns" about Ezra to her stepfather. Who does that?

Who doesn't offer an opinion one way or another about her having an abortion, says it's his belief that it's entirely a woman's choice, then cuts off all intimacy afterwards, sleeps downstairs on a couch, even when she asks him to return, and then leaves altogether with a guy pal for a week or more of guy bonding & support?

What kind of guy who professes to simply want to protect and support her would take pics of crude things written about her on a bathroom wall & text them to her? Much less seemingly suggest a specific someone--Alex-- as culprit?

And, what kind of person would find it appropriate to report that his girlfriend had been raped? If he really believed John had raped her, what made him think he had the right to report it, rather than supporting Ezra in doing so?

And if he didn't believe her, but reported it anyway, that's REALLY sc'rewed up.

I agree with those here who think he played a larger role than we know that day. Not active involvement in Alex's murder, but definitely in setting up psychological traps the day/night before for Ezra, and very possibly for Alex and John as well.
Yes! I found Jason to be a horrible person. It makes sense that Ezra would adore him because they're both awful people. He's arrogant, immature, vindictive and dumb.

Kelsie, I'm so sorry for your lost. It's obvious that Alex was a very special person--brilliant and kind. Would you mind sharing your impressions of Ezra and how the community saw her during this time? Also, how was Jason perceived? Thank you.

Thanks.
Um, pretty sure everyone knew Ezra was entirely dumb and very guilty. I saw no support for Ezra, lots of memorials etc for Alex. Jason is perceived generally as a guy that chills and smokes cigarettes outside of the coffee shop a lot. He's not a bad person.

Aside from the horror and tragedy of the senseless murder, this is a unique and fascinating case. When have we seen coffee house hipsters, philosophers, posers, artists, graduate students, copious intellectual journal entries, and gender issues paired with the usual murder, rape, revenge, jealousy, bathroom walls, stalking,dropouts, abortion, and teen moms? There's a fascinating book here.

I'm watching the whole trial from beginning to end. I have lived in Wisconsin my whole life.

One thing I don't get is Ezra's motive? Can anyone explain their theories on why she killed Alex? Obviously this was cold blooded murder but what pushed the red button exactly?

I'm watching the whole trial from beginning to end. I have lived in Wisconsin my whole life.

One thing I don't get is Ezra's motive? Can anyone explain their theories on why she killed Alex? Obviously this was cold blooded murder but what pushed the red button exactly?

Revenge? Didn't he write something about her on the bathroom wall?

Who knows. I think she's just a sociopath.

I’m bored and watching this trial on CourtTV. I’m only on Day 2 and ME testimony. I don’t know how I missed it when it was originally tried. She’s a piece of work for sure and definitely reminds me of Arias. What was with her Orthodox Jewish hairdo? My nephew in Israel wears the payot. Not a good look for her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colibri_pi
Back