GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So far, I'm not moved.

This wasn't violence among teens.

This was teens behaving badly and an adult who had no business interacting with them in the least. Ignore them. Walk away, don't engage, report. Let them pass by.

Be better, Adult.

JMO
Everyone there should have walked away. Miu could have asked the tubers to help him look for the phone. The tubers could have not become an angry mob. I hope everyone involved looks at how their level of intoxication and actions led to where we are today.

Good question. This is based on anecdotal data from people in the service industry (customer service, food service).
I've read many accounts where older clients become very very upset when told something they don't like. It causes safety problems for the workers. These clients are more likely to throw a tantrum and expect to get their way after behaving badly. They are more likely to take their rage out on the worker, as if it were a personal issue.
The service industry is somewhat to blame, for years this behavior was rewarded as "the customer is always right". And companies assumed lowly workers would continue accepting abuse as part of their job. We understand now that workers are actually people. Abuse is no longer accepted as a way to get special treatment, but clients who have been behaving this way for years find it hard to adapt. Tantrums were/are their only "problem-solving" skill.

Depends on their personal prejudices towards people who are younger than them. Some generations expected young people to automatically submit to their authority, simply because they were older (even complete strangers, even if they were abusive). If they were raised that way it makes sense they would have the same expectation of young people now.
They felt powerless growing up, and now feel they earned the right to expect obedience from others because they are the most "senior" in the room, regardless of their behavior.

We now acknowledge that women and even young people have the right to their own bodies. It is their right to not want to be touched. It is their right to tell someone "no, leave me alone", even with attitude!

I'm seeing many comments that blame Miu's violence on the teen boys, for "riling him up". As if Miu is not responsible for his actions. That perspective is problematic for justice.
All IMO.
Excellent post!!!

Prosecutors are calling their final witnesses in the homicide trial of Nicolae Miu, expecting to rest their case Monday or Tuesday.

If the prosecution rests Monday or Tuesday , I have to say, the prosecuting attorneys did not do a stellar job so far. They let a lot slide, the objection saying "waste of time"(is that a thing?)seemed odd to me, their witnesses had many many holes/discrepancies/inability to stick to a version... many of these witnesses seem to have tried to get their version to coincide with the video, which isn't helpful.

We've heard from so many witnesses, and to me, many of them aren't good historians. (I understand the Spanish speaking witnesses were for the defence and I include their cross examination, too.) The Carlson group claim they heard cries for help, but I saw no evidence the teens were desperate for anything other than more backup to....do what? Mock and belittle?

Moo.

There is a 1999 court case involving a Nicolae Miu Sr. in Minnesota that alleges he thought a KGB plot was out to get him through an adult son named Mihai Miu. It prohibits him from contact with that adult son. However, online records show that there are three people named Nicolae Miu in Minnesota. The other two are in their 70s and 90s, so it’s likely an older relative, not the suspect.

• Updated Oct 3, 2022 at 5:40pm

APPLE RIVER STABBING TRIAL: "Clearly I could make out that he hit her, clearly I could." Here is OWEN PELOQUIN during cross-exam on the encounter between Madison Coen & defendant Nicolae Miu. So much focus in this trial on the Coen-Miu interaction. @FOX9 for live trial coverage.

APPLE RIVER STABBING TRIAL: Issac Schuman friend OWEN PELOQUIN on stand right now. Owen is final eyewitness in Schuman's tubing group. We expect him to provide some emotional last testimony as state begins wrapping up its case. Our live @FOX9
coverage:
https://youtube.com/live/_GhUfBy_SjQ?si=4wV-VrkzdR1e3nFN

1712591344649.png

Q: Regarding why an investigator is sitting at State’s counsel table entire time of trial?

A: Lead investigator is allowed to be there. Typically state's final witness to pull the full case together and fill in any holes. What will be interesting is Lt Brandi Hart did the Miu jailhouse interrogation. Will the lead investigator handle those Q's or is Lt Hart coming next?!?

Whether or not NM actually smacked/punched MC is the big question in my mind. Most of the teens/Carlson group state it happened but few actually saw it and memories vary wildly among the witnesses. Then to further muddy the waters MC deletes the supposed photo proving she was smacked from her phone? Suspicious.

APPLE RIVER STABBING TRIAL: Regions Hospital surgeon on stand right now. Just learned stabbing victim AJ Martin heart stopped for 9+ minutes while being rushed to hospital for emergency life-saving surgery. Here is Martin's testimony from
@FOX9 last wk:

It's going to be important as to when NM first hit Madi C. That seemed to really put everything into an uproar. I can't make out when NM hit MC, can hear it being addressed by the younger group as there is yelling about NM hitting a woman and then he is knocked down and hit in the face.

Prior to hitting a woman, NM runs aggressively toward the group losing his scuba gear.

moo

It was the Carlson group's arrival at the scene that really escalated things. MC and RM got in NM's face and then DC came up accusing NM of hitting a woman and started punching NM. Yet nobody can remember which arm he used to punch her and on which side of her face she got punched. It is my suspicion that it never really happened and they have all reviewed the tape and are sticking to this story as the impetus of it all.

Prior to hitting a woman, NM runs aggressively toward the group losing his scuba gear.

moo

I just saw that it was stated in the beginning of trial that the boys actually were floating towards MN as he was looking for the cell phone and told him to move... thats how it 'started' Does anyone else remember that testimony or was it from Opening statements? Trying to go back and find it..... The video doesn't show the 'START' of how they came to start yelling at him......or why as far as i can see.

I want to hear NM on the stand, hope he testifies. I think it is obvious he never said he was "looking for little girls" and just wonder what his accent is like that whatever he said could be misconstrued to that phrase. The mob mentality then took over with the teens accusing him of being a pedophile, rapist, etc. after that statement. It is such a shame this all could have been avoided.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back