GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow, Investigator Shilts just said on the stand that there is no evidence of a photo being deleted from her phone in the timeframe MC stated....in other words, there was no photo and they made it all up! Just as I suspected.
Well, they don't have the corner on the market for lies in this case, for sure.

I was watching the stills from the young man today in the pink/blue shorts who was "feeling weird" because he didn't like the way NM looked. Something about the capering dances and joyful looks on these kid's faces looked familiar to me in a gross way. It took me all day to realize what it was.

They looked like they were about to lynch NM. I saw a historic photo of a lynching awhile ago and the white crowd had looks on their faces like these kids. I'm not saying they were going to do that, but it had the same dangerous group think spirit.
I was soooo hoping someone would make this comment. I am a 54 year old white woman. I have been putting myself in NM's shoes here. How could I turn my back and walk away from these boys? Just from watching the video I could feel the menace these young people exuded. Would I face them down? Each time I watched I could see in my mind the next actions being NM held down by the group and drowned. If things did not progress with a knife, no doubt in my mind the outcome, even with so many people on the river. But I am only an armchair jurist and this is just my personal thoughts and feelings.

I was soooo hoping someone would make this comment. I am a 54 year old white woman. I have been putting myself in NM's shoes here. How could I turn my back and walk away from these boys? Just from watching the video I could feel the menace these young people exuded. Would I face them down? Each time I watched I could see in my mind the next actions being NM held down by the group and drowned. If things did not progress with a knife, no doubt in my mind the outcome, even with so many people on the river. But I am only an armchair jurist and this is just my personal thoughts and feelings.
I'm a 6'2" 39yo male, and whenever I'm on the tube I'm much more familiar with (the subway system in London) than the ones on the Apple River, I avoid noisy groups of young men like the plague!

I think today we're going to see the real problem for Nic's case, his police interviews. IMO, he could not have conducted himself in a worse manner after the bloodbath occurred.

What would you charge them with?
I know this wasn't aimed at me but the thread has gone quiet and I'm on my lunch break and I can't help myself.

Without looking at statutes I'd say misdemeanor assault/battery for some of them - the man started swinging his knife before their group assault could get any more serious than that. Something along the lines of disorderly conduct for the threatening remarks? And public intoxication.

The one I'm really wondering about (and as a non-American and non-lawyer I'm probably stepping well out of my lane here) is felony false imprisonment as they surrounded him and cut him off from the safety of his group? Similar to the false imprisonment charges in the Ahmaud Arbery case.

WATCH: Apple River stabbing trial-Day 7

@cathyrusson

WATCH LIVE: Wisconsin River Stabbings — WI v. Nicolae Miu — Day 7 https://youtube.com/live/N8nNiTvB64c?si=HZJC3acc8Wz9ajTw via @YouTube

What would you charge them with?
The ones who laid hands on NM and pushed him into the water should be charged with assault.

Unfortunately there is a lack of respect for others these days. If you are over 30 try walking somewhere where there are 'kids' in this age group. They won't move over for you on the sidewalk and you'll be the one to have to go around them instead of them being respectful and making some room for you to pass.

I agree there is a lack of respect for others nowadays. Many, not all people are thinking about themselves only, being on the trails, people won't (there are signs too) follow simple trail etiquette. It is ignored. Entitlement. Same with driving. I could go on, but will stop. You're welcome. ;) moo However, when a weapon is involved, and someone is killed...

The ones who laid hands on NM and pushed him into the water should be charged with assault.

Unfortunately there is a lack of respect for others these days. If you are over 30 try walking somewhere where there are 'kids' in this age group. They won't move over for you on the sidewalk and you'll be the one to have to go around them instead of them being respectful and making some room for you to pass.
To be fair, it’s not just kids. Adults don’t move over either.

Interesting to read the comments here. If NM testifies he will have to put us in his situation of fear, flight or fight mentality. And explain why he still felt that way when LEO questioned him. Or will he not testify? He doesn't have to...

It looks like many of us are split on this case. I felt that way too.

@PaulBlume_FOX9

APPLE RIVER STABBING TRIAL: Defendant Nicolae Miu shown drawing a location map of deadly confrontation. Right now, jury watching full video of recorded interview, "I feared for my life." Miu claims it was self-defense, but lied about 2 of his alleged attackers having knives

View attachment 496082
Erm... where's his attorney? Has he been read his Miranda rights by this point?!

Erm... where's his attorney? Has he been read his Miranda rights by this point?!
Just posted something similar! Very telling that he voluntarily spoke to LE without a lawyer, IMO. I think he was likely in a state of shock.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back