GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone know why people keep saying "for the culture" in the comments on the video?

• Wow
Reactions: IDK
From what little I know about the law, as an example, if 4 people come in to rob you and only one had a gun (or otherwise attacks you with a weapon or deadly force), you have every right to shoot every single one of them. Who has time or inclination at a chaotic time like that to determine if anyone else has a gun or not? They are considered a group as one single entity.

I don't know if it will apply in this case...but if they are near him, were they participating by just proximity? I would love to see the actual law and any (close) precedences set.

I could see the jury going either way. It all boils down to the law and what is and what is not allowed for self defense.
Apples and oranges comparison. :)

However, agree with some of your post.

So far, this is the worst closing argument I've ever seen.

The arguments he is making are mostly speculative and just not backed up by the evidence from the trial that he is citing. His attempts to brush off the many many bad facts in this case are almost laughable.

JMO

What makes you think he felt he could anymore than the numerous other people who touched him? I do think it looks like he stumbled when he approached their tubes, and grabbed on to the tubes to balance himself. None of the boys seems scared at that point, maybe weirded out, but not fearful.

Funnily enough that wasn’t the tipping point of violence. MC and R(can’t recall her last name) and their aggressiveness/failure to keep hands to themselves, is what tipped the scales on escalation. If the tube part had been the jump off for the fight he would have a much harder time claiming self defense. But that simply isn’t what happened.

....maybe he should not have been running at the kids. And why put the goggles in your mouth? To use BOTH hands, imo.

AND before anyone touched Miu, he pulled the knife out.

Testimony of Eric Von Williams. He was part of the Miu party but not old friends with Miu, seems like he was just a plus one to the tube gathering that day. Well worth a listen- he is pretty clear and consistent. (WHO is clicking their pen near the mic, though! Ugh)

Eric's the one who was quoted after the incident that he saw NM approaching who he thought was teens and thought it was a potentially not good situation for an old dude to approach a bunch of young presumably drunk boys. "We wanted to stay as far away from them as possible..... I didn't want anyone to think he (NM) was up to no good." At around 11:40.

OH thank you for finding that. To me his testimony sets the stage for what happened. I really think the whole trial, every second is needed to figure out how and why it happened.

Testimony of Eric Von Williams. He was part of the Miu party but not old friends with Miu, seems like he was just a plus one to the tube gathering that day. Well worth a listen- he is pretty clear and consistent. (WHO is clicking their pen near the mic, though! Ugh)

Eric's the one who was quoted after the incident that he saw NM approaching who he thought was teens and thought it was a potentially not good situation for an old dude to approach a bunch of young presumably drunk boys. "We wanted to stay as far away from them as possible..... I didn't want anyone to think he (NM) was up to no good." At around 11:40.

OH thank you for finding that. To me his testimony sets the stage for what happened. I really think the whole trial, every second is needed to figure out how and why it happened.

So far, this is the worst closing argument I've ever seen.

The arguments he is making are mostly speculative and just not backed up by the evidence from the trial that he is citing. His attempts to brush off the many many bad facts in this case are almost laughable.

JMO
Is it the prosecution or defense? Appreciate your feedback, I am not able to watch!

Remember how many of us were taught in grade school to keep to yourself, keep your hands down to your side and worry about only what you are doing? Those days are long gone.

Important to teach children self-care, mindfulness and not to engage with others who are exhibiting bad behavior. Nothing wrong with being different. Actually, that is the goal — to be different. If we were all the same it would be boring as heck!

If you read this, thanks! ;)

Does anyone know why Nic has been incarcerated this entire time? Was he not allowed bond? Or just couldn't afford one? Are his lawyers public defenders? He's an engineer, so I imagine he made a decent living.

Remember how many of us were taught in grade school to keep to yourself, keep your hands down to your side and worry about only what you are doing? Those days are long gone.

Important to teach children self-care, mindfulness and not to engage with others who are exhibiting bad behavior. Nothing wrong with being different. Actually, that is the goal — to be different. If we were all the same it would be boring as heck!

If you read this, thanks! ;)
Yes to that….. and as my friend Vinnie always used to say: ‘sit down, keep your hands in your pockets, and keep your mouth shut.’ This case is IMO quite sad. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngluteplayer
Back