GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If we are confused then the jury is also confused. . we've seen the video more than them!

What is interesting, is that people can watch the same video, and have completely different interpretations of it. This phenomenon has been studied extensively.

What was particularly interesting to me, is how people who are different ages interpret the video differently. That may be part of the reason why the jury requests to view the video again, to identify what someone a different age saw...

This case can and should be used for years to come in sociology/psychology/criminology courses. It is a case of a perfect storm of how quickly a peaceful situation can turn so tragic in about 30 seconds.
I would make a wager that every summer on the apple river cops are called for altercations resulting from took much drugs and alcohol...routine every weekend out there. Used to be a fun family place but not so anymore. The mob mentality that takes over young boys and really result in tragedy. Fortunately few people go on the river and start slashing drunk teens...most of us would just head the other direction.

I would make a wager that every summer on the apple river cops are called for altercations resulting from took much drugs and alcohol...routine every weekend out there. Used to be a fun family place but not so anymore. The mob mentality that takes over young boys and really result in tragedy. Fortunately few people go on the river and start slashing drunk teens...most of us would just head the other direction.
To be fair, adults also have mob mentality. We also see it on SM and online all the time. It's a shame.

To be fair, adults also have mob mentality. We also see it on SM and online all the time. It's a shame.
you are right...not specific to teens. Sporting events can get out of control with lots of adults. It is getting really bad as there are many out there like Cockfield (I think he was the prime instigator) who get off on videoing this stuff rather than helping to diffuse it. AS he kept saying "It is for the culture"...what "culture" not sure.

If only the mob had allowed NM to look for the camera/ phone in peace, and not heckled and taunted him.

You don’t get to attack and slander someone just because they look and sound different than you. All my opinion.
If only everyone on the river had allowed Miu to touch them and move them around without consent.
It's everyone's else's fault!

Miu chose violence when his problematic behavior was no longer tolerated by others, and was told "no".

Yes - you don't see the actually stabbing of Issac, but you can see Issac after he was stabbed in the background. It was prior to NM being pushed down into the water.
And I am convinced he stabbed Ryley maybe even before hitting Maddie. Maybe that is why Issac rushed Miu. In video went Ryley had her hand up in front of him, I saw his hand go toward her then when he arm came back it had the knife.

The fact that this is in parentheses speaks volumes.

She put her hands on HIM. This is the physical confrontation that started it all, to cause the issue between the Carlson/Miu party.
4 members of the Carlson group were stabbed. Only Isaac of the teens. Why is that? Cuz the Carlson young adults put themselves in the situation knowing Nothing. We can only guess how Isaac entered in but no court proceedings have alleged NM killed Isaac first.

I'm sorry..... but keep your hands to yourself! PERIOD. Full stop.
What gave Miu the right to rush the boys when they were in the tubes and grab the tubes and legs??? Would have scare me, what was his intent? THe boys kept shouting WALK AWAY over and over again...and what did he say? what did he say???

@PaulBlume_FOX9

APPLE RIVER STABBING TRIAL: In total-- Nicolae Miu found guilty on lesser counts up & down the charges he was facing. So, he won't go to prison for life. But there will likely be prison consequences now. By my count, jury spent 5+ hours deliberating Miu's fate.

12:12 PM · Apr 11, 2024

He was convicted of the following charges:
  • First-degree reckless homicide of Isaac Schuman
  • First-degree recklessly endangering safety of A.J. Martin
  • First-degree recklessly endangering safety of Dante Carlson
  • First-degree recklsely endangering safety of Tony Carlson
  • First-degree recklessly endangering safety of Ryhley Mattison
  • Battery of Madison Coen

He was convicted of the following charges:
  • First-degree reckless homicide of Isaac Schuman
  • First-degree recklessly endangering safety of A.J. Martin
  • First-degree recklessly endangering safety of Dante Carlson
  • First-degree recklsely endangering safety of Tony Carlson
  • First-degree recklessly endangering safety of Ryhley Mattison
  • Battery of Madison Coen
Anyone know what the possible sentencing could be?

Reactions: IDK

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717