Identified! WI - Ashford, I-41, Wht/HispFem 15-21, 764UFWI, in creek, Nov'08 - Amy Marie Yeary

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to Fond du Lac County officials, a chemical isotope analysis provided a geographical region where Jane Doe may have previously resided.

Police say those tests showed Jane Doe was a resident of a region spanning from Las Cruces and Albuquerque, New Mexico to Flagstaff, Arizona for the majority of her life.

The test results also indicated to investigators that she likely resided in the regions of South West Wisconsin, Southern Minnesota, and Northern Iowa for less than a year prior to her death.
In a phone call with KRQE, Local 5 learned police in New Mexico are backtracking after initially connecting Jane Doe to the West Mesa murders.

According to a KRQE report, investigators were looking into Jane Doe as part of their investigation through lifestyle, or prostitution, elements.

However, Albuquerque Police now say the suspect in the West Mesa murder investigation died two years before Jane Doe’s approximate time of death.

As a result, police have concluded these two incidents are not related.
Forensic Evidence May Connect Fond du Lac 'Jane Doe' with New Mexico Murders

Isotope results are in!

NEW INFO: Fond du Lac County 'Jane Doe" from American southwest

"The Sheriff's Office says the unidentified woman lived in Las Cruces, New Mexico and Albuquerque, New Mexico. She also lived in Flagstaff, Arizona.

Test results show she also spent time in southwest Wisconsin, southern Minnesota and northern Iowa less than a year before her death.

This was determined thru a chemical isotope analysis."

they should check runaways from NM and AZ..... she may have run away with a bf to the IA WI MN area and met her fate.

If she's at the upper end of the age range, she might not even be a runaway--her family might just sigh about how they lost touch with her. We've seen that so often with missing women.

I was just milling around on the NAMUS website... now I know that the age is 4 years past... but the connection of the faces is eerily similar...
Shannon L. Fischer disappeared from Prairie du Chien, WI, 2 years before discovery. This fits in okay.
Now the facial images really struck me...

This could be her.

Attachments

• Fond_du_Lac_Jane_Doe.jpg
    Fond_du_Lac_Jane_Doe.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 295_214589.jpg
    295_214589.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 17
I was just milling around on the NAMUS website... now I know that the age is 4 years past... but the connection of the faces is eerily similar...
Shannon L. Fischer disappeared from Prairie du Chien, WI, 2 years before discovery. This fits in okay.

This could be her.

Well, her ex-boyfriend pleaded guilty to murdering her in December 2006 (UPDATE: Missing Woman: Murder Investigation) but her body was never recovered. I don't know whether the postmortem interval could be as long as two years. Also, Prairie du Chien is 175 miles from Ashford, which is a bit far for disposing of a body, but possible I suppose.

This could be her.
Welcome to Ws WiscosinSleuth02, thanks for the suggestion, they do look similar!
  • 122140-687bf9b1393ea56309c81532aefc770d.jpg
  • 122141-7a1dce95304e3e517bd0fdca88ce6a1d.jpg

I always thought she could be Shannon, is she on a rule out list?

Although I did think it could be her, an article by WMTV, or NBC15 reported that her body was found in a garbage can. Here's an excerpt:
"When he released her from the hold, she had stopped breathing. He then put her in his closet for three days before putting her in a garbage bin the back of his apartment."
If this was the case, why would she still be on NAMUS? She was from Iowa, which fits in to the new location. Once again, the faces are eerily close. Does anybody know if Shannon's DNA was tested?

Although I did think it could be her, an article by WMTV, or NBC15 reported that her body was found in a garbage can. Here's an excerpt:
"When he released her from the hold, she had stopped breathing. He then put her in his closet for three days before putting her in a garbage bin the back of his apartment."
If this was the case, why would she still be on NAMUS? She was from Iowa, which fits in to the new location. Once again, the faces are eerily close. Does anybody know if Shannon's DNA was tested?

im thinking that her body went to the landfill but was never located. there are ppl on namus because parts but not all of their body was found.

BINGO!

I think this is her!

Madeline Kelly Edman, missing from La Crosse, Wisconsin.

Her disappearance area is consistent with the isotope map.

Madeline is biracial; she is White and Hispanic.

Attachments

• Fond_Du_Lac_vs_Madeline_Kelly_Edman.jpg
    Fond_Du_Lac_vs_Madeline_Kelly_Edman.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 25
BINGO!

I think this is her!

Madeline Kelly Edman, missing from La Crosse, Wisconsin.

Her disappearance area is consistent with the isotope map.

Madeline is biracial; she is White and Hispanic.

Madeline Edman is ruled out. (NamUs)

I kinda browsed through this and kind of think vanessa reed from NM looks like the UID. The only thing is she is outside the age range. Her disappearance is outside of the west mesa killings
vanessa_reed_1.jpg

I kinda browsed through this and kind of think vanessa reed from NM looks like the UID. The only thing is she is outside the age range. Her disappearance is outside of the west mesa killings
vanessa_reed_1.jpg
And i spoke too soon...she has been ruled out

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces