Found Deceased WI - Benjamin Jacobson, 22, missed work, Cumberland, Barron Co., 8 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i think the girlfriend is key here
Ben spent Monday night ice fishing on Silver Lake, where he lives with his father, Kevin Jacobson. The Cumberland man had left the house at 7:30 p.m. and, according to the Sheriff’s Department log, his father said tracks showed him and his girlfriend leaving the ice on the lake located to the northeast of Cumberland.

But come Tuesday, there was no trace of Ben or his 2002 green Ford F-150 pickup truck with mismatched body and topper.
UPDATE: Jacobson search continues; family distraught

I agree, why aren't we hearing anything about her? I assume she's not missing too, as there is no mention of that? If Ben dropped her off Monday night, why isn't that being said? Just plain weird ...

Ben spent Monday night ice fishing on Silver Lake, where he lives with his father, Kevin Jacobson. The Cumberland man had left the house at 7:30 p.m. and, according to the Sheriff’s Department log, his father said tracks showed him and his girlfriend leaving the ice on the lake located to the northeast of Cumberland.

But come Tuesday, there was no trace of Ben or his 2002 green Ford F-150 pickup truck with mismatched body and topper.

I agree, why aren't we hearing anything about her? I assume she's not missing too, as there is no mention of that? If Ben dropped her off Monday night, why isn't that being said? Just plain weird ...
BBM. Also, how do they know that the girlfriend was there with him? Surely not by the tracks in the snow. If she was with him, it would be enough to ask her where he went next.

the girlfriend would be the last to see him alive, surely

i can see who she is from the comments section in one of the news outlets but her facebook isn't giving anything away, no public posts since last year

And if he did drop her off that might be a direction to where he might’ve been headed, etc. She could speak to his state of mind, plans, so many things!

That was denied earlier by the sheriff (BBM):

It’s odd for a 22-year-old to disappear who has no reason to do so, Fitzgerald said. There apparently was no triggering event, such as a break-up, job loss or other signs of trouble.

How did the girlfriend make it out? What's her story? Did she walk bAck home? Or is she missing too just no one actually cares about her

I wonder how many vehicle access points there are on the Silver Lake. Could he have gone ice fishing on another part of the lake? What was the ice thickness? What are the chances that no tracks were left behind if he went in? The spot could have frozen over afterwards. Was he also known to ice fish on other bodies of water in the area?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhernan1215
Back