GUILTY WI - Brittany Zimmermann, 21, Madison, 2 April 2008 *arrest in 2020*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.news.wisc.edu/brittany-zimmermann/index.html

Info about her services and her life.

I worked w/ some UW students today - life goes on, but campus-wide - this is felt deeply. It's one of your own and not an event that happens EVER...
(((((((Ang)))))))) It is very sad. She sounds like a wonderful and brilliant woman who was going to go on to become quite a shining star someday. It is everyone's loss. The world needs people like her. :(

I think in Kelly's case the motive was sexual assault and murder. Premeditated.

Was there even time for a rape in Zimmermann's case? We don't know how long her test took and when she came home. If nothing was missing such as money or other items for it to be a robbery...what would be the motive if not sexual assault?

So what's your gut feeling? All three are not connected?

That is possible, but would be a huge aberration for an area that had almost zero homicides for the past ten years or more...

Bottom line - I think Marino and Zimmerman are related crimes, and Nolan is entirely different.

I don't see how you can say that there are zero homicides when Kelly Nolan was abducted and killed right off State St. She was driven to where she was found, but they don't know if she was even still alive at that point. I would consider this a definite Madison homicide.

You could be right about the connection between Marino and Zimmermann, but I see it the opposite. She fits the profile of Kelly in looks and size (which also fit the profile of the others murdered in the area years before) There was also another stabbing in 1993 near or on campus, but she lived...perp was never found. (No sketch or other articles on it either.)

I don't see how you can say that there are zero homicides when Kelly Nolan was abducted and killed right off State St. She was driven to where she was found, but they don't know if she was even still alive at that point. I would consider this a definite Madison homicide.

You could be right about the connection between Marino and Zimmermann, but I see it the opposite. She fits the profile of Kelly in looks and size (which also fit the profile of the others murdered in the area years before) There was also another stabbing in 1993 near or on campus, but she lived...perp was never found. (No sketch or other articles on it either.)

I mean ZERO homicides in the campus area between 1998 (the drug murder I've mentioned) and 2007 (Nolan's murder).

SS - most college girls fit the profile of Nolan/zimmerman - in fact the two are probably more different than alike. What other murders "years before" are you referring to - the ones in the 60's/70's? I don't believe they're relevant.

I remember the '93 stabbing on Lakeshore Drive - I arrived on campus in '94. It's still campus, but not geographically close - at least 2-3 miles.

Hi Everyone,
I'm in shock.....I was in Madison last week. While there I thought of Kelly Nolan & her family. I've been keeping up with all your posts & reading all the articles. I'm not sure what to think of the murders.

My prayers go out to the Zimmerman family, Brittany was so beautiful.
How completely devastating for her friends & family. Madison LE needs to find this murderer, to many killings with no answers.

I took this part out of the article Steve posted on page 2 about the boyfriend being cleared: Article link:

Brittany Zimmermann's boyfriend has been ruled out as a suspect.

DeSpain said investigators have not ruled out a connection.
"We don't have a direct correlation at this point," he said. "But that is one of many avenues detectives will take a look at."

I feel there is a link between the murders.

First of all- Hello to everyone! Such a sad occasion, but I've been gone for a long time (computer problems) and wanted to say hi.

I used to drive a route for work that took me into downtown Madison. I drove the route for a full year, and quit about a month ago. I was downtown nearly every day. I've driven past that house more times than I could count.

One of my friends has taken over my route, and was in the neighborhood on the day this occurred and in the right time frame. He said that he's racked his brain trying to remember if he saw this guy... Given the description that we have, he was back down there today. He said that he must have seen a dozen people that fit that description.

Sadly, this is a needle in a haystack, just given what we know. The thing that frustrates me the most is that MPD never releases and useful information to the public. Take my friend for example... if he had more specifics, he could try to remember if he saw anything. But the description is so general, he can't remember. We know they have a sketch of the man that invaded the young lady's home. They must have a sketch of the man that was at the WORT radio station. Why aren't they giving it to us???? That is a heavily populated area. There are people around there all day long. Someone saw this guy, they just don't know what they saw!

Adding.... Channel 27 News at 10 says that police have a sketch. The police refuse to release the sketch to the news station. They won't say why. I can only think of one reason not to release the sketch. They know who the guy is and they don't want to spook him. Unfortunately, I have no confidence in MPD. I can't imagine what I'd feel like if I were a young female living downtown right now. I'd be terrified.

MPD- let the public help you!

I took this part out of the article Steve posted on page 2 about the boyfriend being cleared: Article link:

Brittany Zimmermann's boyfriend has been ruled out as a suspect.

DeSpain said investigators have not ruled out a connection.
"We don't have a direct correlation at this point," he said. "But that is one of many avenues detectives will take a look at."

I feel there is a link between the murders.

These murders are such an abberation, that I would be completely shocked if there wasn't a link to them.

These incidents (the home invasion and subsequent murder) happened only two blocks from each other. For whatever reason, Google won't let me post the link to the map. If you just type in her address- 517 W Doty St, and get directions to 118 S Bedford, and then add another location for the home invasion- 500 W Washington ave.. you are probably looking at a possible route the killer took. However since I don't know which happened first, it's hard to say the order. It's shocking how close in proximity these three incidents are though.

From the radio station, if you walk south on Bedford to the corner (a half block), and take a left on Doty (I think), it's only one more half block to Zimmerman's house. This guy didn't have to go too far to find a victim.

Adding.... Channel 27 News at 10 says that police have a sketch. The police refuse to release the sketch to the news station. They won't say why. I can only think of one reason not to release the sketch. They know who the guy is and they don't want to spook him. Unfortunately, I have no confidence in MPD. I can't imagine what I'd feel like if I were a young female living downtown right now. I'd be terrified.

MPD- let the public help you!
MsS~ You could have written this exact post on the Kelly Nolan thread. In other words, they had a sketch then also they refused to release. (Remember the man with the glasses?) Where did it get them? Didn't work for Kelly and to be honest...I have been waiting for this to happen again. They need a new chief and he needs to have an open dialog with the media and the people in Madison.

Not releasing the sketch is ridiculous. Someone saw this man in broad daylight.

Thanks for the news, Suzi. :(

It could be they found evidence outside Zimmerman's apartment towards the apartment building to the right. I noticed the officer in this photo taking pics of something which seems to be in the driveway maybe between the two places.

Also, I found it interesting the female officer was taking video of an upstairs window. I can't figure out why.

Here is the slideshow where I noticed these tid bits: http://www.channel3000.com/slideshow/news/15775177/detail.html

MsS~ You could have written this exact post on the Kelly Nolan thread. In other words, they had a sketch then also they refused to release. (Remember the man with the glasses?) Where did it get them? Didn't work for Kelly and to be honest...I have been waiting for this to happen again. They need a new chief and he needs to have an open dialog with the media and the people in Madison.

Not releasing the sketch is ridiculous. Someone saw this man in broad daylight.

Hey SS. I was over at the Kelly Nolan thread on 4/1- and I said exactly what you have just said. People SHOULD be nervous because there is a killer on the loose. 24 hours later, a young girl is murdered. I don't think that's ironic.... I think it was just a matter of time. 3 murders in one year. None have been solved. Why isn't the MPD requesting help from the public? Do you know how many people could potentially identify this man? MANY! That is a busy area. I mean- West Washington Ave is one of the top 3 busiest streets in the entire city! Are you kidding me? People SAW this guy. They just don't know it yet. And the disgusting thing about this is- the longer the MPD waits to release a sketch (if ever), the less people will remember. IT IS NOW OR NEVER MPD!!!

Nothing makes me more angry than the way MPD handled Kelly's case. I have never let it go. I know this case will be treated the same way and it is a shame. Wray needs to be fired for allowing this to happen again. Period. They could have gone a long way with the public's help in solving Kelly's case and yet they refused to put out the information which would do that. You are absolutely correct in that it was a matter of when not if another murder would occur involving a young female student.

This case will go unsolved, too, unless the perp left more evidence or if it isn't the same man. I think the person who murdered Kelly is well known in the community and he knows how to cover his tracks because of his knowledge of crime scenes. It is just my opinion, but I don't see how with all the evidence they must have produced in their 3 day scour of Kelly's scene with additional entities participating that they came up empty handed. Something is very wrong with that picture, imo.

This reminds me of the Michigan murders many years ago. There was someone killing students and others. It turned out to be a student, if I remember correctly, doing the killings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat
Back